TITLE: Distribution and Logistics Manager
FIELD OF INTEREST: Transportation
PROFILE LEVEL: Management
EMPLOYEMENT TYPE: Full Time Permanent
SALARY: Negotiable – Experienced Based
JOB CODE: JD131105-001
URripple is a Recruitment Firm that emphasizes an equal commitment towards working for individual job-seekers, as much as Employers. Our Vision is to help individuals locate a job that they love, while satisfying the needs and expectations of employers in filling positions with "right fit" candidates.
Our Team of Hiring Specialists work diligently to focus on the career goals of individuals, opening doors to careers that partner with personal success plans. We commit ourselves towards working for each individual, as we build positive interaction relationships with our clients throughout the placement process.
With a broad target client-base, we open a network of opportunities to individuals with the adequate skills and experience that meet the demands of objective roles. URripple is a newer and growing Recruitment Firm that proves success through mastering our distinct relationship building focus, independently with both future employees and employers.
Love your job? If not, let URripple work for you.
We are seeking a Distribution and Logistics Manager on behalf of our client, to assist with solidifying business requirements and serve as a catalyst for operational efficiency. In this role you will motivate other individuals, leading and directing by example. The Distribution and Logistics Manager will ensure that the highest levels of accuracy in the planning and allocation of transportation equipment, as well as in the execution of the fulfillment of customer orders/ transactions. The successful candidate will strive to maintain and exceed service standards in all forms of operations, organizing staff and resources to meet the organizational requirements of the business. The Distribution and Logistics Manager will have a strong understanding of the Transportation Industry and the associated laws and industry requirements/ expectations in order to allow them to be successful in managing all aspects of this role.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education in a related field (additional training and/ or experience could be considered)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a management or leadership level role
- Management level experience in transportation or logistics directly would be ideal to compliment the position requirements associated with this role
- Knowledge of computer related software specific to logistical planning or transportation
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in role working directly as a dock or warehouse employee, with proven understanding of the fundamentals of associated operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, coach and develop the distribution and warehousing team, including providing ongoing supportive feedback and conducting evaluations
- Execute department strategy by developing and implementing business plans
- Identify ways to improve department structure and design and present new business plans to streamline operational efficiencies
- Manage department budget and maintain assets, ensuring that all targets are achieved
- Communicate and coordinate with other department leads, including supervisors and managers to ensure site goals and strategies have been met
- Manage transportation assets to ensure continuous availability of equipment to meet demand of clients
- Minimize overall costs, while successfully achieving customer expectations as outlined throughout client agreements
- Responsible for the identification and elimination of workplace related hazards
- Actively promote health and safety training and compliance
- Ensure that vehicles are serviced according to operational planning in compliance with legislation, while striving to minimize operation costs
- Ensure departmental goals are aligned with corporate guidelines and priorities, as well as departmental policies and standards
- Assist in providing leadership and operational planning for the business in full
- Adhere to all service standards and policies, including Health & Safety
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Perform all other duties as assigned
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
To apply for this position email your resume to URripple, including all of your application information as an email attachment. This should include a complete Resume (C.V.) as well as a generic cover letter addressed to URripple. Visit www.urripple.com for additional contact information.
URripple Hiring Specialists will review your application to verify that your skills and experiences are suited to meet the requirements of our client. If you are not selected to move forward for this role, the URripple Hiring Team will continue to review your application to help to find you a job that you love!