URS

URS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Relaxed Environment and Good People
Estimator/Project Manager (Current Employee), Covina, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: quiet and you manage yourself.
Nice place to work, relaxed atmosphere, every body does their job. You manage your time and your work load.
Cutbacks causing unsettlement
EPA Technical Support (Current Employee), VASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: cutbacks
Cutbacks causing unsettlement.
Management non-existent
Majority of senior staff has left.
Great place to work, the people were great but did not live in Maryland
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Columbia, MDSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: work environnment
Since I reside inn Allison Park, PA. and then work in Columbia MD. it always caused a conflict that seemed to be very difficult to overcome, due to the political environment of Maryland. I am presently furloughed due to lack of work and if given the opportunity would return. My preference would be to stay in the Western PA region but difficult to find – more... relevant work in my field of Mechanical Engineering.

Working for a governmental agency was very interesting. The campus on which we were supporting was large. It has approximately 25 building of different uses and I was exposed to every type of mechanical system there was.

Management was not micromanaging, but the matrix of the many projects caused some difficulties getting things completed on a timely basis. Management has also been supportive of my work/home balance, over the past year, and I would hope that it continues.

We are a division of URS that performs general contracting work so my skills were used based on the demand of work. If they needed a lead Mechanical Engineer, I would be leading a project. If they needed field support during a construction phase I would be there also. Design included researching codes, verifying field conditions, and interacting with the clients, just to name a few.

As far as collaboration between co-workers, I always felt there was a barrier that reflected the political culture of Maryland. – less
Decent pay and does not want to give incentives for cross training.
Crane Inspector (Former Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Cons: no incentives to improve or move forward.
Each job in this company is trade specific. If you are an electrician, that is all you work on. If you are maintenance, that is all you work on. If you are a crane inspector, you inspect cranes. Management wants to lower the number of employees working by cross training everyone. That is a good idea if incentives were given to those not making as much – more... as those hired for that trade. Typical day on the job consisted of logging into computer and printing you work for the day / week / month. Filling out tags or paperwork. Completing assigned work. Signing off completed work with dates and times in computer system. – less
Good pay, great company to work for.
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Current Employee), Albany, GASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short lunches
I enjoy working for this company because it allows me to expand my abilities as a sheet metal mechanic and provides on the job training.
Very friendly work environment surrounded by many years of experience.
Aircraft Worker (Current Employee), Coronado, CASeptember 18, 2014
The job consists of aircraft maintenance, incorporated with training missions for US Navy pilots which can be a grueling task at some cases. However, with well trained co workers on site, the job is fairly easy and, at times, enjoyable. Advancement, however, is lacking.
Has a good and safe work environment
HEAVY MOBILE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 17, 2014
I learned how work on different equipment that the military use on a day to day basis. I was honored to work for them to support the troops.
good place to work
Pollution Abatement Operator- Monitor (Former Employee), tooele,utahSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good benfits
Cons: shift work
take readings on all Equipment in the pas pumps,turbines ID fans and other related Equipment every 4 hrs through out the day or Night to make sure is running good
Productive and fun place to work
HSE Engineer (Former Employee), CASeptember 16, 2014
Great opportunities for career growth. Staff is very helpful. Learned lot of new things.
Very flexible company
Senior Project Administrator/Cost Engineer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: lots of lunches, great place to work functions
Cons: management communication
Have wonderful managers to work with; hardest part of the job is making sure that all time worked is billable. The most enjoyable part of the job is it is flexible and for the most part laid back. Co workers are great.
Strong management encouraged growth in office and employees
Financial Supervisor/Billing Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great management and wonderful individuals to work with, challenging tasks encouraged growth in my position
Cons: onset of recession in 2008
Hands-on management encouraged open door discussions which enabled additional learning and growing which was encouraged by middle and senior management. From the onset I was given the opportunity to take on assignments where I had never ventured and of course my confidence grew.
As the business grew I was given approval to begin hiring staff then I – more... was able to take on additional tasks that benefitted the bottom line of the office and allowed growth in the tasks taken on by my department.
My 20+ years with URS was the greatest experience of working life. – less
Contract
Business Analyst / SharePoint Administrator (Current Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 9, 2014
I enjoy working at URS on this current contract. The company is awesome and they have awesome benefits as well.
I only had the opportunity to work at URS for a short time, but while I was there, I genuinely the staff that I worked with.
GIS / AutoCAD Operator (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 7, 2014
I enjoyed the responsibility of my position, as well as the pressure of last minute assignments that were given to me. My ability to rapid switch gears was greatly enhanced during my time with URS.
URS
Supervisor, Dave Swanson, Cell Phone (Current Employee), Camp Humphreys KoreaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: overseas living
Cons: long hours
Good company with plenty of flexibility to get the job done.
Exciting job
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 2, 2014
Working with URS was very exciting. I was able to learn more about the provisioning process and saw the behind the scenes actions of what it took the keep vehicles maintained. I really enjoyed working with my team. We traveled together for conferences and inspections of installations of new equipment. It was a very great experience and it was a pleasureable – more... experience working with them. – less
Working for MTACC is good the work atmosphere is wonderful. I have my own cubile and it's quite. This allows me to do a good job.
Quality & Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: because i'm a consultant working for mtacc i do not get all benefits that the company offers, however working for urs we get discounts on our phone, and travel discounts
Cons: healthcare beneifts are expensive
Although I work for URS, I am a consultant working for MTACC. A typical day at work for me at MTACC is first going through all the emails from the Safety Engineers. My responsibilities are to maintain all documentation for all Projects. Daily Reports and Daily Hazard Reports and Injury Reports are sent to me daily. I am responsible to archive this data, – more... which is use in a monthly report for the President's Report. Also setting up meetings for the Chief of Quality & Safety in which I have to contact other Administrative Assistants and all parties who have to participate in these meetings and arrange the appropriate time for everyone. A monthly report is generated for the analysis for the amount of Lost Time Injury (LTA) and Recordable (REC) for each Project. These charts show the rating for LTA and REC which have to meet the BLS National Standard. The management here is great. They respect you and help you to grow in the areas needed. I have learned a lot working in this position. I am able to multitask; the importance of having the information ready on time; being a team player; and I need little to none supervision once a task is explained and given to me. The hardest part of my job is waiting for the information to be sent to me. Because sometime I have to wait for the data to complete my part of the report. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work atmosphere, which is friendly, quiet and no unnecessary pressure from coworkers. Which allows me to perform my job everyday with a pleasant attitude. – less
Awsome
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKAugust 21, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: changing to new computer systems
I Love My job and wish I could Stay here. Its so amaizing here I love what i do. I love the people I work with and theres not much more to say. This place rocks.
professional and family type environment.
project accountant (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 20, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: n/a
typical day at work, nice co-workers and enjoyable environment
31 years of new and exciting challenges.
Logistics Analyst/ Program Manager (Current Employee), Crane, INAugust 20, 2014
Good and dedicated people and great work environment. My thirty one years of service shows URS' commitment and dedication to keeping employees employed.
Promote professional and personal development
Hazardous Waste/Environmental Specialist (Current Employee), Stockton, UTAugust 19, 2014
It has truly been a pleasure to come to work every day. New challenges, great environment, talented coworkers and a very supportive manager.

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more