URS

URS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fun and active work environment casual Fridays.
o Paid Summer Internship (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: one hour lunch breaks, free coffee
A typical day at this Internship with URS corp. was very upbeat, they always kept us learning and involved. I developed strong interpersonal skills and learned how to work within a business environment here. Every challenge was accepted, I was determined to better myself and become well acquainted with those who had experience. Overall it played a big – more... part in my life and I am very satisfied about the tasks I was able to complete. – less
A good place to work at
Hazardous Material Shipping Specialist (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORMarch 22, 2014
It was a great place to work and great people to work with. Had lots of opportunities to learn about the Demil work from working in maintenance to operations.
Good job to have
QA/QC Manager (Former Employee), Balad, IraqMarch 22, 2014
Pros: food and housing were great
Cons: dust storms and high temperatures, 130f
Overall liked the job. Very good staff to work with. largest staff I have ever managed, 770 employees. Food and housing were great, much better than Afghanistan.
Good solid company...job security an issue
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMarch 19, 2014
Good solid company with very good management. Had the chance to greatly expand my mechanical and HVAC skills. As a sub-contractor, job security was always a concern.
personal growth encouraged
CONSTRUCTION/LOGISTICS MANAGER - 777 EPBS (Current Employee), AfghanistanMarch 18, 2014
Pros: made many new friends from different cultures
Cons: desert conditions, confined to base
*begin early, stay late
*perseverance
*my management style was very successful
*co-workers very helpful
*being confined to base
*interaction with people
Excellent company to work for
Aircraft Mechanic II (Former Employee), Marana, AzMarch 15, 2014
Pros: excellent benifits package, great pay, paid travel expenses (for work of course)
Cons: as a contractor your time is unknown (have a backup plan)
It was a real pleasure to work for the company. We started as LSI in 1999, got acquired by EG&G several years later, and then acquired by URS. I was promoted three times, received several employee of the quarter awards, trained as an ISO auditor, and enjoyed working for the company for fourteen and a half years. Unfortunately thanks to the powers that – more... be our funding was never extended, or renewed and we lost our contract. So twenty good aircraft mechanics were laid off, however we were given 5 weeks notice of the lay off. Loved the company hated the uncertainty. – less
Great Company to Work for and be a part of the team
PORTER (Current Employee), Lowville, NYMarch 14, 2014
Pros: flexible scedule
Cons: short breaks and long drive
I like working for Urs Energy and Construction Very much The Supervisor is very easy to get along with but professional at the same time.
Good place to work, learned alot
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORMarch 14, 2014
Was there for 10 years. Went in at entry level, to fully certified in all plant system.
summary
Geologist (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDMarch 14, 2014
pretty good, good company to work for overall. Not sure what this is for exactly so I'll just leave you with that. Thanks
URS
Accountant/Document Control Clerk (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORMarch 12, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: project ending
I worked on limited duration project, so it had an ending date. Due to the nature of this project I am unable to detail the actual work. A typical day at work was that something would always arise needing resolution. My team would work together to resolve any situation, real teamwork. I had two immediate managers and both were wonderful at aiding in – more... my success and would actually help resolve any issues. The hardest part of the job was leaving on my release date. The most enjoyable part was the diversity of things I learned, and the team I worked with. – less
Design
PSDS Piping Designer (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Design team. Works with groups well. Management experience. Team player. Diligent worker.
Electronics Technician II (Current Employee), Albany, GAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: furloughs
Great working conditions for people who like to work but not pressed to run or work at break neck speed. A good place to learn.
Good hours and pay and friendly people
Office Administrative/Production Clerk (Former Employee), Albany GeorgiaMarch 10, 2014
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: not in the main office and miss all my people
I give a hard honest days work. A typical day is entering work orders into the system so decals can be made. I learn something new everyday. I love working with my coworkers we work together.
Austin Accounting Center-Not Recommended
Accountant (Former Employee), Austin TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: nw austin location
Cons: politics, outdated processes, poor management
Outdated processes & lots of office politics, management allows unprofessional behavior to continue in spite of numerous complaints.

Fixed Assets & Tax departments most dysfunctional.

Uneven work loads and lots of uncompensated OT. Work life balance for a few long term employees, but anyone w/less than 5 years will be delegated much more than their – more... share.

New Accounting Director is inexperienced corporate puppet, did not bring modern, progressive business practices to the org., supports more of the same.

Several better employment opportunities available in Austin. Don't waste your time and talent at URS. – less
iI enjoyed this work with URS as QAQC , becouse of its people there with you if you have a problem,or just want anything , Good bunch of people.
QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee), Moundsville, WVMarch 7, 2014
working for URS was a privilege for me , its a good company to work for ,and I would enjoy working for them again.
Loved working with URS as far as my fellow employees and the work that was appointed to me.
Supply Technician (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 7, 2014
Cons: lost contract with the missouri national guard
Company was lacking in benefits but great pay. I enjoyed working at the MOAVCRAD for URS Corp. Co-workers were the best to work with, we were like a big family. I loved my job, it kept me busy and I was always learning new skills.

18k2gj9h05ncg9hb – March 27, 2014

I work at the MOAVCRAD and I totally agree with everything this person said. One big family here and I just hate to leave but lost the contract with them.

Excellent place to work.
3D designer (Former Employee), Oakridge tnMarch 6, 2014
Good management and excellent co-workers.
Good management and excellent co-workers.
Amazing work performed.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Anniston, ALMarch 5, 2014
Safety First. Highly structured procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were helping make the community a safer place to live.
Worked for EG&G Defense Materials which was a division of URS
PAS (Pollution & Abatement System) Operator. (Former Employee), Stockton, UTMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great opportunities for getting advanced schooling.
Cons: just our site had a lack of interest in those with degrees.
Successfully completed operations at URS through EG&G.
Worked for them over 20 years; from start-up to completion.
Great company to work for.
Achieved and accomplished many goals that were sought after.
One of the best safety records in the Nation.
Great benefits.
Lots of excellent training.
Dangerous
HVAC maintenance (Former Employee), aurora ilMarch 3, 2014
Pros: leaving alive.
Cons: everything
After jumping through about 10 different hoops to just get started, I wound up going to the job location. The guy that hired me was not there, I was handed over to a bunch of guys who were already familiar with the extremely large facility, and were not exactly in a welcoming mood. There were about 8 different mechanics and maybe only 3 said hello and – more... acknowledged my presence. The only other HVAC mechanic wouldn't even say hello. This would be the guy I would work along with or that would watch my back at an extremely large plant. A place where the key component of safety is communication. These guys looked miserable, angry, beat down, and most definitely not interested in helping a new tech with anything. An everyman for himself attitude. It only took me one day realize this place was an accident or fatality waiting to happen. They were so desperate to get another individual to help with maintenance calls, that they were willing to hand over a 24-7 365 day phone for service, to a person who had not even been there 1 whole day. This was not a place to do the sink or swim game. This was a serious size facility that would require at least a solid month of getting familiar with, before being handed the keys to the castle. I had the skills necessary to thrive here, but I was terrified by the group who were in control of keeping me safe. I give this 1 star due to poor leadership and training. I give it negative 12 stars for the individuals in charge of training and the miserable crew. stay far away. – less

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of¬†engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more