URS

URS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
URS is a solid company with good pay and advancement
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Chantilly, VANovember 22, 2014
URS lives up to their core values of ethical behavior and safety focus. I have been well compensated and have advanced through many positions across several contracts.

The demands on employees depend on the contract. I currently work on a project with borderline unrealistic demands on my time, but previous contracts I have worked were predictable schedules – more... and acceptable demands on time. – less
great place to work
FACILITIES MODIFICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Stockton, UTNovember 21, 2014
Really great place to work. Too bad they are gone. I would still be there. I hope to find another place as good as they were to work again. very safety conscious. I am only typing things to make the right amount of words now. so this is going to be a ramble due to the fact that they are no longer in business and there is no value to this review.
Challenging and productive place to work
Chemist (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 20, 2014
A typical day at work included analytical characterization of field-samples acquired at a variety of coal-fired powerplants. I learned a variety of new analytical techniques and was given the opportunity to design bench scale models to assist clients in developing pollution remedies at the plant and test sorbent materials. The hardest part of the job – more... was the travelling requirements. It was expected that you would travel at any given moment. – less
Environmental clean up of contaminated soil.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 16, 2014
A typical day at work would be the use of all different pieces of heavy equipment in the use of digging up contaminated soil and loading on trucks to send to other states.
Good people, Good benefits
Programmer Analyst III (Current Employee), Norfolk, VANovember 13, 2014
URS is a good place to work with great people. I have gained a lot of good experience working with a team.
Interesting job expericence
Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 12, 2014
Working as contractor through URS was interesting; Had to provide own work maintain own schedule and make sure up to date on all processess
It was a positive learning experience ...
Document Controls/ Construction Inspector (Former Employee), New york, NYNovember 10, 2014
It was a positive learning experience ... with any situation there are ups and downs. With that said I had the opportunity to learn a great deal and I appreciate the education.
Exceptional Team
Environmental Coordinator III (Former Employee), Stockton, UTNovember 8, 2014
Pros: highly organized and proficient team
Cons: supervisor and friend passed away during our work together.
Tracked and maintained and paid all incoming invoices received through email, text and mail. Many invoices had to be approved by the buyer before payment could be made. Continual verbal and written communication with buyers was crucial in keeping the invoice paid timely. Filing, spreadsheets and data entry was done daily to stay organized and for easy – more... auditing. – less
Working there was a positive experience.
Quality Assurance Nurse (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORNovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed the independence of my work. Helpful and supportive environment.
good
Aircraft Mechanic I- Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Norfolk, VANovember 4, 2014
Great place to work. The employees are wonderful and fun to be around.
Large Public Traded Corporation
Anonymous (Former Employee), MSC GroupNovember 4, 2014
Pros: diversity of work and assignments, access to most us and international market sectors, ability to interface with a broad range of technical experts.
Cons: profit center mentality lead to unhealthy internal competition, often leading to failure to achieve desired outcomes and successes.
Very driven by the stock market. Financials all about making "plan" weekly,monthly, quarterly. Strategic growth by acquisition. Target large "needle moving" opportunities sometimes at the expense of sustainable business. If you like corporate America this is the place for you.
Good place to work, family oriented.
Process Supervisor (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARNovember 2, 2014
Pros: good shift
Cons: job sites shut down when project is finished.
Wonderful people to work with. Good place to advance. Great management. Dupont shift was wonderful to work.
Here again I've already provided a review of URS.
Procurement Manager (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 30, 2014
As noted in previous review of this company, I give them high marks and enjoyed my experience as an employee.
Good company to work for
Senior ISSM, B-2 Bomber Division (Former Employee), WPAFBOctober 29, 2014
Pros: employees are professional and qualified
Cons: so big the people can get lost
URS is a good company, that has significant capabilities to support both government and corporate customers. The Government is their own worst enemy and limits the great services with bureaucracy.
URS
Warehouse person (Former Employee), Stockton UtahOctober 28, 2014
Pros: lots of training, safety was top notch, and friendly environment
Cons: sometime there was to much down time and the days dragged on forever, some of the decisions by managers were misinformed.
I don't know if it was the location or not, but there was a lot of down time. They help pay for school, therefore i had some time to get some homework done while waiting for a work order. It was easy to get along with everyone even the general manager. There was a lot of free training which will help you out later on in life.
Great place to work willing to work around your schedule
Joint Staff Hampton Roads (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAOctober 27, 2014
URS is a great company to work for. I have learned how to manage a power system. Give management level briefings. Deal with people who have no clue what maintenance is about.
This was an awesome place to work with a lot of good people.
Aircraft Mechanic Helper (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 22, 2014
Pros: awesome pay, good environment, great people
Cons: very political
I enjoyed this job most because it gave me a sense of accomplishment. I was a federal contractor and worked along side with Army National Guard soldiers on a daily basis. I learned several things about helicopters that I did not know before I started. It was an amazing experience and had it not been for federal cutbacks and a reduction in force I would – more... still be there today. The management was fairly good. There were certain ones that made you feel like you were an important part of the process, while others did not. The hardest part of the job was pleasing everyone at once. It was difficult at times to get everyone's parts out when they wanted them. – less
Fun work environment, but the company is to large to see the everyday issues
Media Designer (Current Employee), Groton, CTOctober 21, 2014
Pros: fun work environment, fast paced.
Cons: no room for upward movement
As far as the graphics & programming departments go,the immediate management trusts you to do your job (but not blindly), Co-workers are always willing to share knowledge.

For the most part a relaxed work environment, unfortunate there is no room for upward movement.
Not the ideal place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great pay and stress saftey
Cons: not worth your time energy or effort long term
It has decent pay but benefit management and working around your schedule is the worst. The really stress safety at the job which is a really good quality but on the other had god forbid you ever hurt yourself it takes a act of Congress to get any kind of medical attention unless it's by there company physician. Growth is very limited with the company – more... unless you know someone that's in the buddy system. Overall great pay but know room for advancements. A pretty sh*tty place to work for. Dont want your time and potential looking to grow with the company. Better of going somewhere where your talents and skills can be utilized. – less
Technologically challenging with a pleasant social work atmosphere.
Nuclear Safety Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 16, 2014
Technologically challenging with a pleasant social work atmosphere. I enjoyed my technological and social development as I continued in my professional career.

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of¬†engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more