URS

URS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
If you are looking for a job keep looking
Project Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The only reason I gave this company 1 star is because I had to!! If it was up to me I would give this company a -5 star!! Management is horrible. Hostile work place. This company cares nothing about its employees unless it benefits their own pockets. I worked there for 5 months went home in tears every day. If your looking for a job KEEP LOOKING PLEASE!! – more... Dont put yourself through this HELLHOLE!! – less
outstanding professiolism and enjoyable environment working with military personnel.
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), San Diego, CaJune 24, 2014
Fast pace and quick judgements skills are needed to be succesful at URS Line Division. Co-workers are outstanding and have plenty of experience which makes my job as a Supervisor easy. The hardest part of the job is making quick and reliable judgements referring to aircraft readiness and mission ready assignments to be completed on a timely manner. – more... Enjoyable part of the job is working with military personnel and the professionalism that comes along with it. – less
Overall- URS Lacked Ability to Secure Continuous Funding For Disabled Consumers
BusinessDept Supv & Clerical Support/Receptionist (Former Employee), Hazleton, PAJune 23, 2014
Pros: assisting adults with disabilities in any manner
Cons: loss of funding and government awareness of the severity of their cuts on lives
My fondest reward was working side by side and/or volunteering with individuals with disabilities to help make their work duties easier and more helpful to adjust and increase their coping skills in the workforce.

Our agency closing allowed my last two months to be spent as a production and workshop supervisor and one on one work behavioral supervisor – more... for a young female adult with significant coping disabilites.

My last supervisor in Tunkhannock URS became my best reference as she had known me since her start date at many fundraising activities or requested my assistance in many special computer document creation projects and or assistance with additional clerical assistant duties.

She has seen and acknowledged what I have accomplished and has produced a beautiful reference letter which I can send upon your request. The hardest part of any day, was not being able to do more for our clients when the government funding ceased and cut their benefits and affected their lives more than us as their supervisors.

I had great support for all staff and missed my first supervisor after she passed from an unexpected terminal illness in 2007. She was fair and instructive with kindness and firmness and taught me a lot.

Two good supervisors of mine are deceased and the other one retired and relocated out of state. – less
Family oriented environment -- fun work place -- allowed advancement and challenges.
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 17, 2014
Pros: people / pto / benefits / hours / flexibility
Cons: n/a
URS was an enjoyable place to work with challenges and advancements. Provided the necessary tools for advancement in PC software and allowed people to offer suggestions for improvements.

Most difficult part of the position was getting time with managers to discuss issues with projects.

Most enjoyable part of the position was the people,

Worked 9/80 – more... work weeks allowing every other Friday off. Benefits were great and flexibility of hours and PTO were great. – less
A Professional Atmosphere, Pleasant People
Project Administrator (Current Employee), Clifton, NJJune 17, 2014
Pros: company is conscious of employee needs, and seeks to enhance career growth
Cons: dropped from healthcare due to lack of available hours
A bit of background: My only reason for seeking other employment is that, like in all construction-based industries, available work hours are specifically tied to active contracts for that particular office. Since the economy hit significant problems in 2008, the rate of incoming contracts - specifically which allow for chargeable administrative hours – more... - has been greatly reduced. I gave a low rating on benefits only because when my hours dropped below 20 a week, per company policy I was also dropped from benefits.

Other than that, I like working for URS Corporation. Very professional atmosphere, people are friendly, self-motivated, and its also interesting because a variety of cultures and nationalities work in our office. The company requires on-line training every year, from safety procedures to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, to Respect in the Workplace, and more. I have proven myself to be responsible, and as a result I have latitude to manage my day as I see fit, which is a high value for me. Of course, I accomplish key tasks within a required time frame.
Managers look to me for information, and at times for what I recommend on a subcontractor invoice issue, etc. It helps that "creature comforts" are always available - nice kitchen, well-designed facility, lots of windows help; coffee/tea available during the day, etc. There is an exercise room and a cafeteria in our building; convenience matters as well. {;0 Because the company is so large (global), there are many convoluted requirements to do anything - generate a report, order supplies, you name it...I guess that'd be the drawback...but if I had enough hours - say even 30 hours a week, I would not mind staying there at all. – less
Professional and pleasant job atmosphere
Program Management Support Specialist II (Current Employee), Dahlgren VAJune 16, 2014
I enjoy working at URS, it is a very professional workplace.
Great Place to work... Really good benefits!!
Lead Mechanical Designer - Plant Design Group (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNJune 8, 2014
Really, no complaints from me. Very satisfied with this company.
Very nice place to work, people are very friendly and helpful
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 7, 2014
Pros: they made working fun
Cons: can't think of any, unless it's to communicate a little better.
This company was a very fun and energetic place as well as a learning environment.
Fun workplace
Customer Services Administrator (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAJune 6, 2014
Monitoring alarms systems and answering calls for maintenance repairs in the building or surrounding areas. This was an overnight // day position it is a swing shift .
Overall great place to work, with great pay, and room for advancement
Aircraft Worker (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: works with personal schedule and great benefits.
Cons: uneven distribution of work.
Typical day includes, the launch and recovery of around 6 helicopters, as well as inspect 2 or more of them after they shut down or before initial flight. You Learn multiple parts of helicopters, in order to deem them safe for flight. You also learn safety procedures and how to operate aircraft towing equipment. Management is present, but not overbearing – more... as long as you have the knowledge and initiative to perform within the standards of a professional. Co-workers work well as a team and 99 percent of the time get along. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the conditions of the weather. Most enjoyable part is learning various skills and the comradery. – less
Excellent work experience.
Senior Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJune 3, 2014
Met and maintained life-long friends and memories here. Acquired excellent skills and experiences.
System Administrator
System Administrator (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAMay 27, 2014
Pros: working on my own with little or no supervision
Cons: not being able to learn new technologies and skills
My day consists of checking my emails in Outlook to see what needs to be done right away or projects that are not due until a later date in the future. If I have laptops that need to be imaged or processed I would work on those assignments. I also would have to do roll outs for new customers. I enjoy working with various departments of the State Department. – more... I feel that the hardest part is working in small areas and not much time to complete a task of a customer cancelling on a project that was scheduled. – less
An awesome place to work and very family oriented.
Chemical Agent Disposal Facility (Former Employee), Anniston, AlMay 25, 2014
Pros: flexibility and excellent bonuses
Cons: healthcare in the end
I learned a great deal within this company. Enjoyed the experience and I could not have worked at a better organization.
Run around and around
High Tech Person (Current Employee), Anniston, ALMay 14, 2014
Pros: neat stuff to work on
Inexperienced manager leading a highly technical operation that "just doesn't understand" every thing really make the day long and trying.

Great others to work for but in the end, it is just a job.
Information Technology at URS E&C is a joke!
IT Specialist V (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMay 14, 2014
Pros: air conditioned office
Cons: management, expectations, advancement, general knowledge, people
It's hard to sum up in a few brief sentences how much of a joke (E&C, I can't speak for other divisions) working in IT here is, but let me put it to you this way: In no way, shape, or form is the work there in IT justified or relevant. The management team was one of the most incompetent groups I have ever come across in my career. It seems they had – more... a brilliant idea to hire internally for 90% of their staff, which is great when you hire technology professionals, but bringing on engineers that have no technology background to work on highly technical projects or be a manager is just blasphemous. Aside from that, you're expected to work your 40 hours (6:45am - 3:30pm) but then, more times than none, you would end up going home and working until the wee hours of the night because that was the expectation... especially if you did not live in Denver. On top of that, salary or not, they had you charge all that overtime to an uncompensated overtime charge, because in IT, "overtime isn't allowed".

I could keep going, but steer clear, and don't think about going to work here unless you enjoy misery, and like working in an environment that is reminiscent of an adult day care. – less
Productive work place
Sr Subcontract Administrator (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 13, 2014
Pros: bagel and muffin fridays and donut fridays, free burritos breakfasts, volunteer days, rafting
Cons: last minute planning and poor communications
Pretty steady work flow but seasonally some very hectic days. Short turnaround times. Job training was very self motivated and self trained. Great co-workers and have participated in several events outside of work. The hardest part of the job would be last minute requests (usually Friday afternoons at 4:00) that are needed Monday morning. I enjoy the – more... satisfaction that as a single parent I was able to support my family. – less
Great work place and great group of people
Safety Service Patrol Manager (Former Employee), Staunton, VAMay 13, 2014
Enjoyed working with URS for 17 years but contract with the state ran out.
Day at work
Project Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NV 89128May 1, 2014
Pros: hired by clark county school district
Cons: jv was desolved
People were relaxed and projects involved some local travel.
a good place to work with at work benefits
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Tobyhanna, PAMay 1, 2014
my start of the day would be a morning meeting to go over any issues the customer had and how we could resolve them. then to pull orders and order material for the customer with a computer system named lmp.
Comfortable
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Germantown, MDApril 30, 2014
everyone here is friendly. its very organized and outgoing enviroment

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of¬†engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more