URS

URS Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive place to work
777F and 777D Haul Truck Operator (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONAugust 9, 2013
loading and unload haul truck, to and from the dump area. Maintaining a safe and good work place.
URS Flint
SR Data Control Adminstrator (Current Employee), Conoco Phillips Surmont 2June 16, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: work/life balance
I thoroughly enjoy the many different personalities that I work with. The company overall has some areas that could be improved on.
work schedule and homelife balanced out perfectly
Heavy Duty Mechanic (apprenticeship) (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONJune 11, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: not having to go home after every shift.
come in the shop, have a safety meeting with crew, plan out the assigned work. working at a mine has given me the chance to work on various kinds of equipment. management always provided tarining when neccessary. My co-workers were all easy going and patient. i enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was having to be away from home. most employees were fortunate to go home at the end of every shift. and the most enjoyable part was being able to work on and operate these huge pieces of equipment.
great place to work
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Apprentice (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONMarch 28, 2013
Pros: education and money
Cons: kap site closed
it gave me my start paid us really well and let us work at a pace where no one would get hurt, no stress at urs
productive place,safety oriented,great people to work with
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONMarch 18, 2013
Pros: great wages
Cons: mine life project too short
the day start with a safety meeting then job assignments and off to work,we always watched for one another to make sure every one was safe.I learned that working as a team can move mountains,and that is what we did:) The management was there to help us i nay way possible to make life smooth and answer any questions we might had,The hardest part of the job was to change pumps and or lines in cold days when it was -30 to -40 ,but we had to do it to keep the mine operational.The most enjoyable part was knowing you were going to work in a safe environment and to work with knowlegeable coworkers.
good place to work
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee), anzac albertaMarch 15, 2013
Pros: wages and camp
Cons: long travel to get to work
Co-workers were great bunch of guys. Learned alot about industrial and about working in the oil sands.

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more