URS

URS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive place to work
777F and 777D Haul Truck Operator (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONAugust 9, 2013
loading and unload haul truck, to and from the dump area. Maintaining a safe and good work place.
URS Flint
SR Data Control Adminstrator (Current Employee), Conoco Phillips Surmont 2June 16, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: work/life balance
I thoroughly enjoy the many different personalities that I work with. The company overall has some areas that could be improved on.
work schedule and homelife balanced out perfectly
Heavy Duty Mechanic (apprenticeship) (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONJune 11, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: not having to go home after every shift.
come in the shop, have a safety meeting with crew, plan out the assigned work. working at a mine has given me the chance to work on various kinds of equipment. management always provided tarining when neccessary. My co-workers were all easy going and patient. i enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was having to be away from home. most – more... employees were fortunate to go home at the end of every shift. and the most enjoyable part was being able to work on and operate these huge pieces of equipment. – less
great place to work
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Apprentice (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONMarch 28, 2013
Pros: education and money
Cons: kap site closed
it gave me my start paid us really well and let us work at a pace where no one would get hurt, no stress at urs
productive place,safety oriented,great people to work with
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONMarch 18, 2013
Pros: great wages
Cons: mine life project too short
the day start with a safety meeting then job assignments and off to work,we always watched for one another to make sure every one was safe.I learned that working as a team can move mountains,and that is what we did:) The management was there to help us i nay way possible to make life smooth and answer any questions we might had,The hardest part of the – more... job was to change pumps and or lines in cold days when it was -30 to -40 ,but we had to do it to keep the mine operational.The most enjoyable part was knowing you were going to work in a safe environment and to work with knowlegeable coworkers. – less
good place to work
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee), anzac albertaMarch 15, 2013
Pros: wages and camp
Cons: long travel to get to work
Co-workers were great bunch of guys. Learned alot about industrial and about working in the oil sands.
This job was fun.
Safety Clerk (Former Employee), Stockton, UTDecember 19, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: there is nothing i can think of for a con.
I worked with some incredible people. They are very good at what they do. I asked for more and more responsibility and it was given not questions. I enjoyed everyday. I worked with some of the most intelligent co-workers they took time to help me become a better employee.
hours are great
Tool Room Supervisor (Former Employee), new boston, txDecember 18, 2014
The pay is decent considering the work
No advancement
hour are great, 4 tens
the supervisors don't know alot
Excelent place to work
Civil Design and Survey Technician (Former Employee), PittsburghDecember 17, 2014
I should of never left this company. I left searching for more money and that was the wrong move.
URS on a whole was a wonderful employer
Program Support/Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Lakehurst Naval Air Center, NJDecember 15, 2014
Pros: family like atmosphere
Cons: change in management alot
Overall I enjoyed working for URS and appreciate all I learned during my time there. It was a fast paced environment.
Friendly and Productive Environment
Certified Project Administrator (Current Employee), Portland, ORDecember 14, 2014
Pros: i'm trusted to do my job well without hovering supervision, but am aware my supervisor is always there for me.
Cons: sometimes corporate red tape gets in the way of progress.
Daily tasks range from running/reviewing project financial reports and tending to urgent issues (going over budget, unpaid A/R, etc.) to meet regional demands and attend meetings regarding same, reviewing and coding vendor invoices to pertinent job numbers, editing and routing subcontracts in negotiation, opening new project numbers after obtaining – more... appropriate documentation and formatting/producing environmental reports.

My time at URS has taught me much about the world of consulting and individual project financial impacts on an office and region.

The hardest part of my job is answering for project management errors that lead to negative financial impacts on the office, considering I am not a Project Manager and cannot control any of the issues that cause the negative impact.

What I love about my job is managing and producing large environmental deliverables. I excel at organizing and keeping individual report pieces consistent and accurate. I also enjoy the variety of responsibilities and tasks. – less
Great Company
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee), Deadhorse, AKDecember 12, 2014
Worked the STV-IP Project in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska with this company. Excellent field management, safety culture, and employee treatment. Wish they had more US based oil/gas construction jobs.
Challenging
Painter (Former Employee), Peoria, ILDecember 11, 2014
URS is a very nice place to be employed. I enjoyed going to work every day.
Best employer
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDDecember 11, 2014
Fair and reasonable management. Clear direction and communication of expectations. Good work / life balance. Good group of co-workers. Management committed to mentoring. Performance oriented managers. Excellent benefits program. Positive attitude by all co-workers. Very professional support staff.
OK place to work, nothing special
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Oak Harbor, WADecember 11, 2014
work as aircraft maintenance, contractor. 40 hour work week, little or no overtime. spend about 20% on the road. great co-workers. left on good terms, tried to get hired back but will not contact or reply to e-mail or job submit. lots of jobs overseas on web site. but like to hire expat's for these jobs.
Project Controls
Project Cost Control Analyst (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 9, 2014
Pros: leaving the company
Cons: urs will show up on my resume
It was the worst experience of my career. I've learned that you can't believe a word they say. Senior management will promise the world to employees then the next day they will finger point and pass the blame. Unprofessional behavior by long term employees (the good old boys) and senior management takes advantage of the clients. The Alaska office is – more... poorly ran and majority of the employees last 1 year before quitting or transferring. The most enjoyable part was finding another job and leaving. – less
URS IRAQ
Certified Light Wheeled Service Mechanic (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 9, 2014
Typical day at work involved repairing and sustaining military vehicles and equipment.
I learned a lot about heavy diesel and teamwork.
My co-workers involved some of the best workers in the world.
Hardest part of my job was being in a warzone.
The easiest part of my job was working.
Overall URS is a team of very capable and talented professionals.
Architectural consultant (Current Employee), New OrleansDecember 5, 2014
URS, now a part of AECOM is a great company. I enjoy working with the people and I would continue to work there is the need for an architect continues. Unfortunately, the company is mainly an engineering company and the architectural work is limited.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to meet the client, in most cases and try to convey the – more... reasoning behind some of the design decisions. It's smart to be concerned about cost, but not at the expense of the long term outlook of the building and it's useful life. – less
Unique work experience
Plant Operator, Engineer Tech., CADD Tech. (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORDecember 4, 2014
Enjoyed the work I did, the people I worked with and the supervisors and managers I directly work for.
Was very different
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee), Hill Air force baseDecember 4, 2014
This was a temporary contract and it was very dis organized. Seemed like everyone was always sitting around waiting for work. It did pay well and have great benefits and I did meet some good people.They need to work on their safety procedures and have more supervisors in daily functions.

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more