Urs Flint Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Commissioning Lead (Former Employee) –  Long Lake2 November 2014
Probably one of my best work place in the last 4 years. Learned new things and tricks. Became spilled in SAGD electrical equipment. Made many friends at my workplace.
Pros
Extra working activities.
Cons
not so many
I loved being a Pipe Fitter at Urs
To assist Rig Welders (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 October 2014
i learned a lot about welding. worked 10-4 but i did 24-4 cause i was asked to stay in. learned a lot about people skills, how to prepare for a welder. Safety was a part of the job. the People was a big part of what made URS enjoyable. their was a turn over on managment but they were still great to work with
Pros
free prizes from Safety points
Cons
the pay stubs werent given on steady basis to the workers
Urs
Service Writer / Maintenance Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray20 October 2014
payroll, work orders, purchase orders, scheduling fleet units for services and general maintenance, JDE system, vendors, cost summary report, fluid haul.
Managment: could use some work, either too laid back and didn't listen to complaints or fallow core values, or were overly angery and has bullying issues
Co-workes were easy to work with and positive people.
hardest part of the job was sitting for 9 hours straight.
the most enjoyable part of my day was working with my coworkes and all my data input
Pros
laid back environment, great co-workers, steady fast paced, metting all the new people, good benifits
Cons
lack or training for all positions.
Good Place to Work
EHS Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 October 2014
Great people...all projects have thier ups and downs...i would work with them again.
Pros
Camp, Flights, incentive Programs
Cons
Shift Work, Short duration jobs
Good work environment overall.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake Alberta16 October 2014
Could be a better team environment if initiatives were implemented.
Dynamic, Competent, Enjoyable, Excelleny safety culture
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB9 October 2014
I have worked with several other companies and always am amazed at how much better the overall impression is within the URS Flint family dynamic. I have received excellent tutelage, opportunity and positive input from both my fellow co-workers and my immediate superiors. the work has always been consistent and the benefits proportional to making long term employment favorable over chasing companies and jobs specific to varying sites. I've enjoyed a safe productive and positive tenure with URS Flint and am now poised to transfer to another site within the organization. Just another example of how I feel the management and Human resources team look out for my interests.
Pros
Safety, Reliability, Benefits
Cons
Travel
Poor Place to Be
Construction Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hardisty, AB9 October 2014
I do love the type of job I did for URS but when you prepare payroll and every Friday staff do NOT get paid because the person who is the JCA that enters it into JC Edwards that cuts the cheques misses pages of people and has no clue where the information you sent them went it is very frustrating. I proved the proper information was sent every week, and reported the issue to both HR and my supervisor and still nothing done about it, I ended up quitting because I could not deal with staff members constantly coming in with pay issues that should not of been occurring.
Pros
loved the work, loved the fast paced environment, loved the long shifts
Cons
poor procedures and policies, poor management from head office, too many people transmitting the same information
Strong emphasis on maintaining a safe work environment
Carpenter/Leadhand (Former Employee) –  Anzac, Alberta5 October 2014
Worksites both well kept, supplied, and safe.
Significant communication gaps between management and line workers often resulted in production slow downs with little to no accountability.
Overall very good experience
Mechanic and Relief Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 October 2014
11hr days, started at 7am work was different everyday a combination of equipment maintenance/repair and field work, camp food was very good. Learned a great deal about HD off-road construction equipment. Management overall was good, had excellent co-workers, most challenging was not having easy access to service data. Most enjoyable was the people I had met at the past two sites.
JOB COST ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB24 September 2014
Great management, Great place to work, Managers and supervisor take the time to teach and train you so you can gain more knowledge.
Great place to work!
QA / Turnover Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anzac, ab25 July 2014
I've only been here a short time, but so far its been an amazing experience. Everyone is kind and helpful.
Rewarding, Exciting, Educational
POA / Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2014
During the course of the day one can never expect a "normal" day. The environment I work in is ever changing and challenging. I work with a very diverse group of engineers, inspectors and upper management staff.

Knowing how to balance my day and duties is challenging but rewarding. Being a part of such a large project, our client has allowed me to grow and contribute a chapter of their production manual. I have designed, implemented and trained my coworkers to use daily an electronic signature. This signature stamp is used by on our project when uploading into the "SharePoint" (a software program), which is used company wide.

I enjoy the people I work with, and gaining knowledge every day. I have enjoyed working in the construction industry for many years and look forward to expanding my experiences.
Pros
Experiance of working in a very divers enviroment with many cultures from around the world.
Cons
I would not say it is a con however, you must be aware of your suroundings at all times Safety Must Come First!
Good work experiance , learned alot , good managment.
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB23 July 2014
Good job, good flights and a good camp. Overall good experience with URS.
the only good thing about it was the fact that they had free freezies
DSP Fitter (Former Employee) –  Keyera Fort Sask14 July 2014
Keyera site project manager was a complete lunatic, running around yelling at people to get out in the field and then when you see him on site he walks into your area without having any idea what your plan is and starts sticking his nose in where it doesnt belong...I have heard stories of the same clown has been seen spying on workers from elevated locations with binoculars... The bussing was nice for some and more of a pain in the rear for the majority. 13.5 hour day just freom when i got on the bus to getting off and i was paid for 11. DSP pay was the lowest i have personally seen as far back as i can remember. 53/hour straight time.
Its not right to be herding people around like cattle at break times and closing up smoking areas with a lock and chain?
Not something i would ever be a part of...
Pros
freezies and LOA
Cons
Having to be there
Camp could use some upgrades, but worksite was good.
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB26 June 2014
Work was how I expected it. I learned a lot about different parts of the trade and worked with a lot of different types of people. Always people to carpool with, lots of time to hang out.
Pros
Free Hospitality
good guys to work with/ for
Steamfitter-Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 June 2014
Crane work, fitting for welders, grinder work, bolt up, working with picker trucks, high torqueing flanges
Pros
good guys nice environment
Cons
hot days no shade
I would go back
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB10 June 2014
Didn't mind working for them at all. A little clicky but otherwise enjoyed my time. Good pay and benefits, and worked with some great people.
Pros
pay, benefits, good shift, great crew
Cons
insecure management, not much chance of advancement
Good people - no job security
Human Resources Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 May 2014
Good people; no job security; no opportunity for advancement; low pay.
Fun, new people to work with.
Apprenticing Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake29 April 2014
Be at work for 7, have a safety meeting. Then put our lunches away and go grab our tools. Have breaks at 10 and 3 leave site at 5. Great benefits got too take time off for holidays or if i needed a day off in the week they were very willing. Management was great and easy too get along with. Hardest part was working in some very annoying weather somedays but thats part of the job. Learning new things was the best part of it.
Nice friendly environm,ent
Electrican (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2014
Great place to work, friendly people good supervisors. they have a good management and will accomodate out of town workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urs Flint. Our community is ready to answer.