Urs Flint

Urs Flint Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
management on site
Skilled Labourer/ Operator (Current Employee), Anzac, ABOctober 17, 2013
the management on site is very bad, i wouldn't recommend this company to anyone not even to my worst enemies.
A great place to work at
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee), Anzac, ABOctober 15, 2013
Pros: free meals, gym facilities and nice living arrangements
Cons: food quality
Work was for the most part straight forward, there were times of organization problems, I learn a lot of valuable skills for pipe fitting with my time there. Management could have handled workers better. Coworkers ranged from inexperienced but eager to learn to veterans in the trade that are willing to help. The hardest part of the job was dealing with – more... other trades and working with and around them, and the most enjoyable part was the group of people I worked for. – less
Absolute disaster zone
Office staff (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 11, 2013
Pros: met/worked with a few very good tradespeople
Cons: management has absolutely no clue about anything at all, just talk a big game to feel important
Completely disorganized
Nepotism/favouritism is rampant
Management has absolutely no clue as to how to properly run an Oilsands fabrication company
No chance to advance
This was a great job
Pipe fitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 1, 2013
Pros: food tv and internet was taken care, of employeers and employee's were laid back
Cons: extreme weather, some camps were poorer quality
learned a lot about fitting at the oil sands had a great crew and foremen, there was no extreme pressure, sometimes in difficult to reach location on the sight, and the extreme weather made it tough but we all got along and worked hard.
I really enjoy my current career at URS Flint.
QAQC Manager (Current Employee), Bonnyville, ABSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: home everyday
Cons: location
They are a great company to work for and my overall expierence has been great I am just looking to relocate from Bonnyville to Edmonton
Always work with good people. Safest company.
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee), Conklin, ABSeptember 6, 2013
I enjoyed working alongside electricians. Met many good people, always felt safe. Hardest part of the job was working the same area as other trades. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I got to work with. Only problem is there are so many workers you become just a number to management.
A friendly environment
Senior Transportation Engineer (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 27, 2013
Pros: good manager
Cons: lack of projects
very good manager and team! A friendly and flexible environment!
Worst safety culture in the industry
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayAugust 25, 2013
Pros: great place to work if you want to get hurt
Cons: horrible place to work if you value your health and safety
They talk a good game when it comes to safety, in reality safety is an afterthought. Bring up a safety concern and you will be fired or layed off as soon as they can. Report an incident, fired. Get an injury and go to first aid, fired.

They cover up incidents with their clients, hire inexperienced and incompetent safety people who the management bully – more... and ignore, then place the blame on when something happens. They don't care about their people. Period. Look at the reviews below. Admin and office people love the place. Anyone who works on the tools and puts their lives at risk, not so much. – less
Stay away!!!
Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee), Anzac, ABAugust 20, 2013
Cons: everything
Like I said, stay away. Don't waste your time, all you'll do is bang your head against the wall. Very poorly managed and absolutely no organization.
enjoyable work place
Crane Operator- Daily (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayJuly 9, 2013
Pros: good pay
I have learned how to work with cranes and work in all different kinds of environment.
enjoyed working with all my co workers
I enjoyed working with my crane
OK but not great
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2013
Pros: safety
Cons: poor management
Safety is #1 24/7 but maybe not the employees. could be better manage
Horrible work environment
Welder (Former Employee), Cold lakeJune 12, 2013
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: everything
Flint in cold lake is a joke! They have their bbo cards but it is frowned upon if you have a safety concern. The foreman were good except for their dsp foreman who enjoyed walking over apprentices. No family life I was hired on a 40 hour work week and was forced to work a 60 hour 12/2 shift.

Stay away from flint in cold lake!!!
Great company
High Angle Rescue Lead/Safety Advisor (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJune 1, 2013
amazing company to work for. Willing to spend money on their workers to help out on careers. Pays not to bad and most people are easy to work with. Safety is really number one with the company.
Productive and fun place to work
Sub-Contract Coordinator (Current Employee), CalgaryMay 29, 2013
An interesting atmosphere to work, people from various parts of the world, huge exercise room to distress after the day's work, good meals and overall pleasant communication with all managers and fellow employees.
Working At URS Flint
EHS Administrator / Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Conklin, ABMay 23, 2013
URS Flint is an excellent company to work for. I have had the opportunity to advance in my career and work with some wonderful people.
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for
Senior Administrator/EA (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: long hours, low pay, no thank you for your hard work only criticism if you made a mistake
There is no such thing as work/life balance here. A typical workday always included overtime (which was banked and never paid out) and working through your lunch break. The expectation was unrealistic. You never felt like you had sufficient time to finish projects before more projects were piled on you.
Management didn't care how many hours you worked – more... or how hard you worked or how much stress you were under, they just wanted you get the job done. There was absolutely no on the job training provided, you were just expected to figure it out as you went along. The co-workers were awesome, but don't get attached because there were firings and layoffs weekly. The most enjoyable part of the job were the great people that worked there. – less
Terrible erratic Management
Compliance function - Management (Former Employee), Sherwood ParkMay 10, 2013
Pros: good pay scale
Cons: uninspiring, uncertain, lack of hr values and not truthful.
Awful company to work for, due to erratic centralised decision by unqualified group that has risen through the ranks. Good policies on paper that is only for reference and show casing. Terrible employee morale due to inconsistent labour policies and frequent terminations.
NA
Contract Trades Recruiter (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 10, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
na

I am a contractor, and therefore I cannot answer other than to say, it is a very fast paced and unique environment. I have also met a lot of great people.
Disorganized
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 11, 2013
Pros: easy for new workers to get into a pipefitting trade
Cons: low salary, poor management, slow learning curve
This is my first experience with URS Flint, but the impression is not the greatest. There are some good things, but overall, the managerial skills are severely lacking, and this makes everything seem much worse.
In a typical day, workers meet for the morning tailgate, there is a safety moment, and we go over the tasks for the day. Then we meet with – more... our foremen and discuss individual tasks. We write up THA (Task Hazard Assessments) and proceed with gathering our tools and getting to our job sites. We work for 10 hour shifts.
The hardest part of the day would probably be getting through the length of the day and the physicality of the work.
The most enjoyable part is learning new things about pipefitting.
I have learned a great deal about safety procedures, including tool use, and assessing and eliminating hazards. – less
Great Place to Work
Billing Specialist (Project Accountant) (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioMarch 29, 2013
Pros: good work environment in canada division
Cons: powerless against us policy makers and very less decision making power.
When I joined this company as A/P clerk, situation was really bad because of transition of accounting system to ERP and old clerk left job with short notice. I managed independently whole A/P to stabilize. I was the only one in A/P. In 2011 I joined Billing department. Enjoyed working, learning about new area in J.D. Edward system. Staff and supervisor – more... are very co-operative and social. Company is currently undergoing major cost cutting and consolidation of jobs with US counterpart. – less

About Urs Flint

About AECOM and URS Together AECOM and URS are one of the world’s premier, fully integrated infrastructure and support – Read more