Urs Flint Employee Reviews

excellent company to work for
steamfitter/pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 February 2015
Excellent company to work for, management is well organized, co-workers are great mentors, great salary and benefits
Pros
salary
Cons
cold weather
Large Company
Construction Supervisor/ pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB9 February 2015
URS Flint has been through many changes in the last 10 years, As a conglomerate of many smaller companies, it became noticed by much larger firms based out of the USA. IT currently just re sold to AECOM. A very large company with over 80000 employees world wide. So it is going through another change within itself. With corporate leaders from many different parts of the world coming together to make a singular world view of construction ethics and practices.
Pros
Great insurance plans and support systems
Cons
Always changing hands, no more small town, I know you, type of feeling, very corporate, very legal.
An excellent company to work with.
Piping Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2015
*Days of work should start with toolbox meeting and work place hazard assessments.
*Good implementation of safety rules and regulations leads to a productive and safe work at the end of the day.
*Management,from higher ranks to supervisors are concerned to every worker's safety,production is secondary.
*Teamwork and looking upon each other is important in a group.
*Piping job is not that easy but competency make it so.
*The enjoyable part of the job is when the task given is done,no matter how hard we've been through but no one got hurt.
URS merged with Flint to form URS Flint.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Oil & Gas) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2015
I had a very busy and active position with this company.

I was the Office Manager to 200+ plus employees in one building, and by the end was Office Manager to 500+ employees in 3 different buildings.

I was also the Executive Assistant to the Sr. VP, and to several VP's - both in Calgary and in Edmonton.
Long term loyal employee
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake Alberta28 January 2015
Over the years working for flint had its ups and its downs, I mostly remain indifferent. Although I do not always agree with the choices made and the actions taken, I am not trying to run a gigantic company with many parts.

Mostly my biggest concern throughout my time with Flint was that for some reason instead of working together to achieve one common goal, most are working to achieve their goal, whether it is at the expense of the final product or not.

Flint has proven to be a great training facility they do pay for all you're training as well as your time. This of course is provided that the training is related and benefits the company as a whole.
good job environment
Instrumentation Technician Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Husky Sunrise14 January 2015
1,C&SU, pre-commissioning, DCP, punches list, start up
2,PM, inspect, install, calibrate, test, commissioning and maintain measurement, control, analytical, fire and gas detection instrumentation equipment
3,Troubleshoot electronic, instrumentation analytical and control equipment,
4,Repair, maintain and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts,
5,good work team and management
6,strat-up is a most challenged job.
Pros
came in site
Productive, safety conscious company with good values.
Welder's Helper (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB10 January 2015
Good company with good values and very safety conscious. Gave me an opportunity to be able to weld and build my skills. Co-workers were helpful and easy to get along with. This was a pipeline and facility job with emphasis on valve stations.
Pros
Good work, was able to weld, decent shift
Cons
Too far away, not enough welding.
Very Good
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 January 2015
I had a very good work experience with URS.
I was very well treated.
The best employer I had so far.
productive
scaffolderer (Former Employee) –  AB6 January 2015
working in a live plant had to be very safety concious general foreman was bad didnt treatbworkers right
A good company to work for.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 December 2014
Even though I started late on the job (and this particular job was a new field to me), nevertheless it was very good and I gained invaluable experience.
Pros
Safety awards and bonuses.
Great Safety Culture environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2014
Once deployed to site, we worked 12 hour days. The Safety team was an excellent group, that thrived on team work and getting the safety culture instilled in all employees.
Pros
Learning experience of working out side of the United States
Cons
12 hour days
Productive and fun
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 December 2014
My day to day activities while working at URS Flint consisted of daily/ weekly reports. We would have our morning safety meetings, and then work hard at building/ editing our hydro packages, making sure that everything was correct for our hydro team to complete a successful hydro test, and continue on in a safe manor for operation. Data entry was also a large part. Our database needed to maintained consistently, in order for all departments to know exactly what was going on at any given time. The more difficult part I found when we were turnover the documentation to the client, sometimes, certain documents would not be completed or not found. In these cases, we would need to go back, get all the required information completed and passed over to the client. Any challenges we had, we met and pushed through to excel. I enjoyed any challenge that popped up, and I enjoy to be challenged. I love to learn new things, and push through any issue that arise. I was sad to leave, but the project was completed. I met so many new people and new friends, and learned so much at my time spent with URS. We were all a family away from home.
camp work
Apprentice Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2014
This is a camp job the food is supplied not to bad of food, accommodations are small sometimes you have your own bathroom and sometimes your sharing with another worker, you have to take a shuttle to and from work the company really emphasizes on safety and team work the hardest part of the job is 11 hour days with only 2 half hour breaks and working 14 days straight
Great crews
Pipe-fitting Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cromer, Manitoba26 November 2014
great crews and field level management made for a great work environment which was safety oriented which lead to clean/safe work environments.
Pros
great field level reward programs
Cons
lower end of the pay scale
Safe atmosphere, intelligent staff. and good benefits.
WELDERS HELPER/ LABOURER (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake AB20 November 2014
I love working for URS. they gave me a good position with advancement opportunities. I would like to continue to work for them if I can find another location.
Pros
bonuses, jump hours.
Cons
cold alberta
not a company
2nd period mobile crane and hoist apprentice (Former Employee) –  Flint, WLS13 November 2014
This company went out of business awhile ago.... small town coffee shop, I was there for a while they were good bosses, to bad they went out of business and got divorced
poor
welder app (Former Employee) –  fort sask12 November 2014
worked as a app welder thay did not sign my hours very upset with them after thay told me thay would. well thay signed the first slip then said thay never did at the end of a job i left for school and i gave them full notice showed up every day on time no reson for this BS the only thing was good was pay day but I will not work for them agen
Pros
pay day
Cons
didnt sign my hours for blue book and denide ecepting me as a app
Driver/Swamper (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB8 November 2014
Worked on lots Vac jobs.
Did some tank cleaning.
Worked away form work.
Worked on presure truck
Pros
Good money
Cons
Away from home or long hours
They pay all possible benefits including facility allowance.
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake4 November 2014
It was the best job I ever had... quitted it for moving into something different.
Pros
Everything was perfect
Cons
Don't know any one to mention.
Driver/Swamper (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley ab3 November 2014
URS Flint is a very safe oriented place to work. All employers are considered valuable. They allowed me to grow in my Career.
Pros
Money and Hours are very good
Cons
They have down time witch makes it hard to plan for financial success.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urs Flint. Our community is ready to answer.