Urs Flint

Urs Flint Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Average working environment plagued by low morale.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Nisku, ABOctober 14, 2012
Pros: friendly management and staff.
Cons: average pay, no advancement opportunities for basic educated field employees.
Nothing stands out as a first choice for employment. Field wages are only average. No additional compensation, no incentives, no subsistence, no boot allowance. Field work is spotty. Too much paperwork expected. Low worker morale. Old equipment, crude and corroded in appearance.
working with tight deadlines
Labourer (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABDecember 23, 2015
Pros: Free accommodation, free food
Cons: Long 21 day shifts
Remote work location fly in and out of near Anzac, Alberta. Learned various procures and safe work practices while working here. Want to expand on my skills learning new things everyday that will help build a solid setup inside my head about life.
camp work
Apprentice Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 29, 2014
This is a camp job the food is supplied not to bad of food, accommodations are small sometimes you have your own bathroom and sometimes your sharing with another worker, you have to take a shuttle to and from work the company really emphasizes on safety and team work the hardest part of the job is 11 hour days with only 2 half hour breaks and working 14 days straight
Productive, safety conscious company with good values.
Welder's Helper (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good work, was able to weld, decent shift
Cons: too far away, not enough welding.
Good company with good values and very safety conscious. Gave me an opportunity to be able to weld and build my skills. Co-workers were helpful and easy to get along with. This was a pipeline and facility job with emphasis on valve stations.
Terrible erratic Management
Compliance function - Management (Former Employee), Sherwood ParkMay 10, 2013
Pros: good pay scale
Cons: uninspiring, uncertain, lack of hr values and not truthful.
Awful company to work for, due to erratic centralised decision by unqualified group that has risen through the ranks. Good policies on paper that is only for reference and show casing. Terrible employee morale due to inconsistent labour policies and frequent terminations.
Productive and fun workplace
Safety Administrator/Advisor (Former Employee), Anzac, ABOctober 30, 2015
A typical day at work would start with doing our daily toolbox/tailgate meeting and stretch's. Then we would talk about what we would be working on that day so that no one was working on the same thing. I worked great with everyone and that made the day go by fast.
How they keep getting jobs is beyond me
Electrician/Labourer (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 3, 2015
Pros: Lots of out of town work
Cons: Everything
Every site is usually a mess, management does virtually nothing. Don't get me wrong there's some good people but that's overshadowed by the higher ups being incompetent (I've seen a grown foreman cry)
Always work with good people. Safest company.
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee), Conklin, ABSeptember 6, 2013
I enjoyed working alongside electricians. Met many good people, always felt safe. Hardest part of the job was working the same area as other trades. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I got to work with. Only problem is there are so many workers you become just a number to management.
great employment
Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 14, 2015
Pros: excellent group of people to work with
Cons: weather but we managed
the jobs ive been on besides this one was very well structured and well managed I learnt a lot from my co-workers about procedures of how to do more tasks on a sefer level and everyone was a team
Absolute disaster zone
Office staff (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 11, 2013
Pros: met/worked with a few very good tradespeople
Cons: management has absolutely no clue about anything at all, just talk a big game to feel important
Completely disorganized
Nepotism/favouritism is rampant
Management has absolutely no clue as to how to properly run an Oilsands fabrication company
No chance to advance
URS merged with Flint to form URS Flint.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Oil & Gas) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2015
I had a very busy and active position with this company.

I was the Office Manager to 200+ plus employees in one building, and by the end was Office Manager to 500+ employees in 3 different buildings.

I was also the Executive Assistant to the Sr. VP, and to several VP's - both in Calgary and in Edmonton.
Generally my choice place of employement
Quality Control (Current Employee), Cold LakeOctober 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches, benefits, safety points program, gauranteed work
Cons: low rates, low worker moral
great opportunities for advancement and long term employement. Great work schedule. Because of these advantages the rate of pay is the lowest in the area for local long term loyal employees!
Good working atmosphere where you are encouraged regularly.
Area Project Accountant (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 14, 2013
I have learned to grow as an employee and personally. Management is willing to help in all ways possible and they encourage your best work. I love coming to work everyday, as there is a great working environment and atmosphere
Very good company to work for , looking for more out of town work
Safety/Electrician (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaDecember 27, 2012
I enjoy my time at URS FLINT they have been very good to me. They allowed me time off to complete my NCSO training. FLINT always encouraged me to keep advancing myself and I'm greatful for all ive learned here.
Driver/Swamper (Former Employee), Drayton Valley abNovember 3, 2014
Pros: money and hours are very good
Cons: they have down time witch makes it hard to plan for financial success.
URS Flint is a very safe oriented place to work. All employers are considered valuable. They allowed me to grow in my Career.
Great Safety Culture environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 9, 2014
Pros: learning experience of working out side of the united states
Cons: 12 hour days
Once deployed to site, we worked 12 hour days. The Safety team was an excellent group, that thrived on team work and getting the safety culture instilled in all employees.
Safe atmosphere, intelligent staff. and good benefits.
WELDERS HELPER/ LABOURER (Current Employee), Cold Lake ABNovember 20, 2014
Pros: bonuses, jump hours.
Cons: cold alberta
I love working for URS. they gave me a good position with advancement opportunities. I would like to continue to work for them if I can find another location.
Camp could use some upgrades, but worksite was good.
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee), Anzac, ABJune 26, 2014
Pros: free hospitality
Work was how I expected it. I learned a lot about different parts of the trade and worked with a lot of different types of people. Always people to carpool with, lots of time to hang out.
I would go back
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Joffre, ABJune 10, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, good shift, great crew
Cons: insecure management, not much chance of advancement
Didn't mind working for them at all. A little clicky but otherwise enjoyed my time. Good pay and benefits, and worked with some great people.
great people who are ready to work
Apprentice (Former Employee), grande prairieSeptember 20, 2015
Pros: good money, great people
Cons: poorly organized
As an apprentice you have to be ready for hard work
alot of physical work, installing lights and long hours
mainly camp work 15/6 or 24/4
this is all depending on location
Headquarters