Urs Flint

Urs Flint Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It had a nice camp.
Foreman (Former Employee), Meg energyDecember 18, 2013
Pros: a good opportunity to advance.
Cons: it was a long way to travel.
I found Flint to be a very safe and good Company to work for. They didn't pressure us , they let us do are work in a professional maner and we still made the deadlines safely.
Lay offs came quick
Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee), Conoco PhillipsDecember 17, 2013
Good people, Poor management. Couldn't get my wages right, and always a problem with travel pay. Great group of guys, yet the office staff were beyond frustrating to deal with
Horrible horrible
Not available (Former Employee), AlbertaDecember 10, 2013
Pros: not available.
Cons: everything!
Treat their employees like they are children!! Wouldn't recommend flint to my worst enemy!!!
They will see who has the last laugh!!!
Watch your back flint!!!
Great place...if you are a coward or "yes-man"
I-M (Former Employee), Conklin, ABNovember 20, 2013
Pros: a few decent employees
Cons: lies, cheap, power hungry
If you Kiss butt, you will stay and go far in this company. But if you have an opinion and a voice, then you might not want to waste your time. I was at MEG with URS Flint and "let-go" for no factual reason. Excuses were made and lies were spoken. I know the main realistic reason was because I spoke my mind. If there was an issue, I brought it up. Mr – more... KC and Mr. JH did not scare me like they did most of the other employees!!
My biggest issue with URS Flint is in fact HOW I was let-go. A fly in/fly out job (I am from the east coast), yet i was sent to Edmonton by Greyhound and left stranded to fend for myself. A single mother with no money, no one in Edmonton that I knew, in the middle of the night (too late to catch any flights).
My advice to you if you end up working for this company, keep your mouth shut and have enough money saved up to get you home! – less
Very good place to work.
Trainer/Leadership Advisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 14, 2013
URS gave me the opportunity to develop valuable leadership skills that could be used in my work.
Due to the existing climate in oil and gas and URS's lack of projects, job security was a major concern.
Poorly managed, disappointing company
Driver/Operator (Current Employee), Drayton Valley, ABNovember 10, 2013
Pros: quick to hire
Cons: terribly run managment
Great co-workers but poor support from the company.
Company refuses to properly repair trucks, you are often
asked to run poor condition equipment because they are too cheap
to fix them. Only until a unit is un-able to pass a pre-trip/post-trip inspection will the truck get fixed.

Company is taking away all the bonus incentives, when it still existed – more... they would take FOREVER to pay out the amount promised to you.
Management will quickly blame employees for errors and mistakes but do little to nothing to help workers.

What is said by management in a monthly meeting with it's employees is all for show and just to make people feel better. No promises are kept, managers are hypocrites.

Wages are just OK compared to what other companies pay for the same work.

If for some reason you upset a manager you will be "sat" and not given a shift as some dictator-like form of punishment. – less
funfun company to work for
materials tech level 3 (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2013
Pros: good food, free lunches, good safety culture
Cons: missing my little ones, long hrs
very good company to work for,meet lots of good people that willing to help others.
safety culture environment
PIPING FOREMAN (Former Employee), Surmont 2November 3, 2013
working in URS Flint for almost 5 years gave me more knowledge in pipefitting job for its safety culture that they are implementing for all discipline. As they say people is the most valuable assets in the company, and they are investing hundreds of thousand of dollars for conducting training of workers to be qualified for any jobs that needed to.
Generally my choice place of employement
Quality Control (Current Employee), Cold LakeOctober 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches, benefits, safety points program, gauranteed work
Cons: low rates, low worker moral
great opportunities for advancement and long term employement. Great work schedule. Because of these advantages the rate of pay is the lowest in the area for local long term loyal employees!
great company
Ironworker apprentice (Current Employee), Anzac, ABOctober 24, 2013
Pros: good camp
great company, steady work environment, good management, good people, decent pay, good flight schedule
Loved the camps
Apprentice 3rd (Former Employee), Anzac, ABOctober 23, 2013
My 1st camp job. Loved it. Very good company. I was disappointed when our contract was ended.
management on site
Skilled Labourer/ Operator (Current Employee), Anzac, ABOctober 17, 2013
the management on site is very bad, i wouldn't recommend this company to anyone not even to my worst enemies.
A great place to work at
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee), Anzac, ABOctober 15, 2013
Pros: free meals, gym facilities and nice living arrangements
Cons: food quality
Work was for the most part straight forward, there were times of organization problems, I learn a lot of valuable skills for pipe fitting with my time there. Management could have handled workers better. Coworkers ranged from inexperienced but eager to learn to veterans in the trade that are willing to help. The hardest part of the job was dealing with – more... other trades and working with and around them, and the most enjoyable part was the group of people I worked for. – less
Absolute disaster zone
Office staff (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 11, 2013
Pros: met/worked with a few very good tradespeople
Cons: management has absolutely no clue about anything at all, just talk a big game to feel important
Completely disorganized
Nepotism/favouritism is rampant
Management has absolutely no clue as to how to properly run an Oilsands fabrication company
No chance to advance
This was a great job
Pipe fitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 1, 2013
Pros: food tv and internet was taken care, of employeers and employee's were laid back
Cons: extreme weather, some camps were poorer quality
learned a lot about fitting at the oil sands had a great crew and foremen, there was no extreme pressure, sometimes in difficult to reach location on the sight, and the extreme weather made it tough but we all got along and worked hard.
I really enjoy my current career at URS Flint.
QAQC Manager (Current Employee), Bonnyville, ABSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: home everyday
Cons: location
They are a great company to work for and my overall expierence has been great I am just looking to relocate from Bonnyville to Edmonton
Always work with good people. Safest company.
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee), Conklin, ABSeptember 6, 2013
I enjoyed working alongside electricians. Met many good people, always felt safe. Hardest part of the job was working the same area as other trades. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I got to work with. Only problem is there are so many workers you become just a number to management.
Worst safety culture in the industry
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayAugust 25, 2013
Pros: great place to work if you want to get hurt
Cons: horrible place to work if you value your health and safety
They talk a good game when it comes to safety, in reality safety is an afterthought. Bring up a safety concern and you will be fired or layed off as soon as they can. Report an incident, fired. Get an injury and go to first aid, fired.

They cover up incidents with their clients, hire inexperienced and incompetent safety people who the management bully – more... and ignore, then place the blame on when something happens. They don't care about their people. Period. Look at the reviews below. Admin and office people love the place. Anyone who works on the tools and puts their lives at risk, not so much. – less
Stay away!!!
Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee), Anzac, ABAugust 20, 2013
Cons: everything
Like I said, stay away. Don't waste your time, all you'll do is bang your head against the wall. Very poorly managed and absolutely no organization.
Worst ever
Office staff (Former Employee), Surmont 2August 18, 2013
Cons: disorganized, nepotism, poor pay, accepted harassment
I had the misfortune of working at the Surmont 2 site with URS Flint. It was truly the worst working experience of my professional career. Nearly the entire staff workforce are there because they are friends of friends or at one time held a cleaning position but have now become QC coordinators because... Well I'm sure you get the point. Nepotism is – more... key and if you have no desire to produce quality work this is surely the place for you. Hats off to the tradesmen who are keeping this project afloat. I would not recommend Flint as a good place to work. – less

About Urs Flint

URS has more than a century of experience operating in North America. Today, our Company provides specialized expertise to serve – Read more

Urs Flint Photos