Urs Flint Employee Reviews

Great Job
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB16 December 2015
Had a great time working for URS Flint wish they had more work on the go.
A lot of long days and long nights but the pay was worth it
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Was not inpressed, mangers could care less.(your replaceable). If you have any personal issue to deal with,they could care less.
Oporator (Former Employee) –  Lampman SK4 November 2015
Not a good place to work. Your a number (a replaceable one). Safety is a joke. They'll say one thing in orientation, but in the feild another. I was ask to work a lone many times in a dangerous environment bye my manager and break enivomental laws. Would not recommend this employer.
Pros
Cons
too many
Productive and fun workplace
Safety Administrator/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB30 October 2015
A typical day at work would start with doing our daily toolbox/tailgate meeting and stretch's. Then we would talk about what we would be working on that day so that no one was working on the same thing. I worked great with everyone and that made the day go by fast.
Great place to work if you want to travel
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2015
Good company to work for because of pay and benefits.. the ability to travel and work in different environments.. lots of room to advance through the company
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
long hours and can be away from home for long periods
great people who are ready to work
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  grande prairie20 September 2015
As an apprentice you have to be ready for hard work
alot of physical work, installing lights and long hours
mainly camp work 15/6 or 24/4
this is all depending on location
Pros
good money, great people
Cons
poorly organized
Great place to work!!!
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 September 2015
Great place to work.

Lots of opportunities.

Organize company, with many careers opportunities.

Safety as it's best all around.
All and all a sound group of people to work with within the industry
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Stat Oil south of Anzac25 August 2015
good sound company policies with fair company befits! working with the U R S management was always a professional and courteous experience!
Professional place to work but lack of focus
Strategic Account Manager (Major Projects) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2015
A typical day involved conducting activities to help grow the brand and improve relationships with key clients. These activities included phone calls, emails, setting up and hosting internal and external meetings, developing marketing materials, and being part of internal review committee meetings.

While employed at AECOM/URS Flint, I learned about many different aspects of the Oil and Gas business and how to conduct myself in a professional manner.

This company is the product of many mergers and acquisitions over the years and, as a result, sometimes felt that they lacked a sense of identity and direction. The leadership seemed to struggle to define this for the organization and how to differentiate ourselves from the competition.
If you got nowhere else to go .....
Journeyman pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 May 2015
Be sure your recruiter tells you all the details of the job your hired for . They will hold back bits of info just to trap you into showing up .

-Remember , 10 and 4 means 5 and 2 , that's to keep you from making any decent overtime .
-Make sure you have a signed agreement for LOA .
-ALWAYS ask , if your first day is the beginning of s shift , or if you are showing up midshift ,They will never tell you unless you ask , and ask a field manager , NOT a recruiter .

Generally , in the experience of myself and many others , you are a disposable number to this company . Be prepared to be disappointed Which is their whole plan , so they can dip into their bottomless well temporary foreign workers, giving that program a reason to keep existing
Run away !!
great employment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 May 2015
the jobs ive been on besides this one was very well structured and well managed I learnt a lot from my co-workers about procedures of how to do more tasks on a sefer level and everyone was a team
Pros
excellent group of people to work with
Cons
weather but we managed
Excellent
Equipment coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peace River9 April 2015
Company cares very much about their workers , would love to work for them again, Pay is on the medium scale with other companies...thanks
How they keep getting jobs is beyond me
Electrician/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 March 2015
Every site is usually a mess, management does virtually nothing. Don't get me wrong there's some good people but that's overshadowed by the higher ups being incompetent (I've seen a grown foreman cry)
Pros
Lots of out of town work
Cons
Always looking for new projects
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Alberta21 February 2015
Good place to work, pays good. Met lots of good people on the job site.
Good place to learn.
Always busy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning and making good money every day.
excellent company to work for
steamfitter/pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 February 2015
Excellent company to work for, management is well organized, co-workers are great mentors, great salary and benefits
Pros
salary
Cons
cold weather
Large Company
Construction Supervisor/ pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB9 February 2015
URS Flint has been through many changes in the last 10 years, As a conglomerate of many smaller companies, it became noticed by much larger firms based out of the USA. IT currently just re sold to AECOM. A very large company with over 80000 employees world wide. So it is going through another change within itself. With corporate leaders from many different parts of the world coming together to make a singular world view of construction ethics and practices.
Pros
Great insurance plans and support systems
Cons
Always changing hands, no more small town, I know you, type of feeling, very corporate, very legal.
An excellent company to work with.
Piping Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2015
*Days of work should start with toolbox meeting and work place hazard assessments.
*Good implementation of safety rules and regulations leads to a productive and safe work at the end of the day.
*Management,from higher ranks to supervisors are concerned to every worker's safety,production is secondary.
*Teamwork and looking upon each other is important in a group.
*Piping job is not that easy but competency make it so.
*The enjoyable part of the job is when the task given is done,no matter how hard we've been through but no one got hurt.
URS merged with Flint to form URS Flint.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Oil & Gas) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2015
I had a very busy and active position with this company.

I was the Office Manager to 200+ plus employees in one building, and by the end was Office Manager to 500+ employees in 3 different buildings.

I was also the Executive Assistant to the Sr. VP, and to several VP's - both in Calgary and in Edmonton.
Long term loyal employee
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake Alberta28 January 2015
Over the years working for flint had its ups and its downs, I mostly remain indifferent. Although I do not always agree with the choices made and the actions taken, I am not trying to run a gigantic company with many parts.

Mostly my biggest concern throughout my time with Flint was that for some reason instead of working together to achieve one common goal, most are working to achieve their goal, whether it is at the expense of the final product or not.

Flint has proven to be a great training facility they do pay for all you're training as well as your time. This of course is provided that the training is related and benefits the company as a whole.
good job environment
Instrumentation Technician Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Husky Sunrise14 January 2015
1,C&SU, pre-commissioning, DCP, punches list, start up
2,PM, inspect, install, calibrate, test, commissioning and maintain measurement, control, analytical, fire and gas detection instrumentation equipment
3,Troubleshoot electronic, instrumentation analytical and control equipment,
4,Repair, maintain and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts,
5,good work team and management
6,strat-up is a most challenged job.
Pros
came in site
Productive, safety conscious company with good values.
Welder's Helper (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB10 January 2015
Good company with good values and very safety conscious. Gave me an opportunity to be able to weld and build my skills. Co-workers were helpful and easy to get along with. This was a pipeline and facility job with emphasis on valve stations.
Pros
Good work, was able to weld, decent shift
Cons
Too far away, not enough welding.