Urs Flint Employee Reviews

All and all a sound group of people to work with within the industry
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Stat Oil south of AnzacAugust 25, 2015
good sound company policies with fair company befits! working with the U R S management was always a professional and courteous experience!
Large Company
Construction Supervisor/ pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABFebruary 9, 2015
URS Flint has been through many changes in the last 10 years, As a conglomerate of many smaller companies, it became noticed by much larger firms based out of the USA. IT currently just re sold to AECOM. A very large company with over 80000 employees world wide. So it is going through another change within itself. With corporate leaders from many different parts of the world coming together to make a singular world view of construction ethics and practices.
Pros
great insurance plans and support systems
Cons
always changing hands, no more small town, i know you, type of feeling, very corporate, very legal.
An excellent company to work with.
Piping Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 31, 2015
*Days of work should start with toolbox meeting and work place hazard assessments.
*Good implementation of safety rules and regulations leads to a productive and safe work at the end of the day.
*Management,from higher ranks to supervisors are concerned to every worker's safety,production is secondary.
*Teamwork and looking upon each other is important in a group.
*Piping job is not that easy but competency make it so.
*The enjoyable part of the job is when the task given is done,no matter how hard we've been through but no one got hurt.
Long term loyal employee
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake AlbertaJanuary 28, 2015
Over the years working for flint had its ups and its downs, I mostly remain indifferent. Although I do not always agree with the choices made and the actions taken, I am not trying to run a gigantic company with many parts.

Mostly my biggest concern throughout my time with Flint was that for some reason instead of working together to achieve one common goal, most are working to achieve their goal, whether it is at the expense of the final product or not.

Flint has proven to be a great training facility they do pay for all you're training as well as your time. This of course is provided that the training is related and benefits the company as a whole.
good job environment
Instrumentation Technician Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Husky SunriseJanuary 14, 2015
1,C&SU, pre-commissioning, DCP, punches list, start up
2,PM, inspect, install, calibrate, test, commissioning and maintain measurement, control, analytical, fire and gas detection instrumentation equipment
3,Troubleshoot electronic, instrumentation analytical and control equipment,
4,Repair, maintain and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts,
5,good work team and management
6,strat-up is a most challenged job.
Pros
came in site
Great place to work!!!
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Great place to work.

Lots of opportunities.

Organize company, with many careers opportunities.

Safety as it's best all around.
great employment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 14, 2015
the jobs ive been on besides this one was very well structured and well managed I learnt a lot from my co-workers about procedures of how to do more tasks on a sefer level and everyone was a team
Pros
excellent group of people to work with
Cons
weather but we managed
URS merged with Flint to form URS Flint.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Oil & Gas) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2015
I had a very busy and active position with this company.

I was the Office Manager to 200+ plus employees in one building, and by the end was Office Manager to 500+ employees in 3 different buildings.

I was also the Executive Assistant to the Sr. VP, and to several VP's - both in Calgary and in Edmonton.
URS
Service Writer / Maintenance Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayOctober 20, 2014
payroll, work orders, purchase orders, scheduling fleet units for services and general maintenance, JDE system, vendors, cost summary report, fluid haul.
Managment: could use some work, either too laid back and didn't listen to complaints or fallow core values, or were overly angery and has bullying issues
Co-workes were easy to work with and positive people.
hardest part of the job was sitting for 9 hours straight.
the most enjoyable part of my day was working with my coworkes and all my data input
Pros
laid back environment, great co-workers, steady fast paced, metting all the new people, good benifits
Cons
lack or training for all positions.
Productive, safety conscious company with good values.
Welder's Helper (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJanuary 10, 2015
Good company with good values and very safety conscious. Gave me an opportunity to be able to weld and build my skills. Co-workers were helpful and easy to get along with. This was a pipeline and facility job with emphasis on valve stations.
Pros
good work, was able to weld, decent shift
Cons
too far away, not enough welding.
camp work
Apprentice Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 29, 2014
This is a camp job the food is supplied not to bad of food, accommodations are small sometimes you have your own bathroom and sometimes your sharing with another worker, you have to take a shuttle to and from work the company really emphasizes on safety and team work the hardest part of the job is 11 hour days with only 2 half hour breaks and working 14 days straight
I loved being a Pipe Fitter at Urs
To assist Rig Welders (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 27, 2014
i learned a lot about welding. worked 10-4 but i did 24-4 cause i was asked to stay in. learned a lot about people skills, how to prepare for a welder. Safety was a part of the job. the People was a big part of what made URS enjoyable. their was a turn over on managment but they were still great to work with
Pros
free prizes from safety points
Cons
the pay stubs werent given on steady basis to the workers
Dynamic, Competent, Enjoyable, Excelleny safety culture
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABOctober 9, 2014
I have worked with several other companies and always am amazed at how much better the overall impression is within the URS Flint family dynamic. I have received excellent tutelage, opportunity and positive input from both my fellow co-workers and my immediate superiors. the work has always been consistent and the benefits proportional to making long term employment favorable over chasing companies and jobs specific to varying sites. I've enjoyed a safe productive and positive tenure with URS Flint and am now poised to transfer to another site within the organization. Just another example of how I feel the management and Human resources team look out for my interests.
Pros
safety, reliability, benefits
Cons
travel
poor
welder app (Former Employee) –  fort saskNovember 12, 2014
worked as a app welder thay did not sign my hours very upset with them after thay told me thay would. well thay signed the first slip then said thay never did at the end of a job i left for school and i gave them full notice showed up every day on time no reson for this BS the only thing was good was pay day but I will not work for them agen
Pros
pay day
Cons
didnt sign my hours for blue book and denide ecepting me as a app
Poor Place to Be
Construction Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hardisty, ABOctober 9, 2014
I do love the type of job I did for URS but when you prepare payroll and every Friday staff do NOT get paid because the person who is the JCA that enters it into JC Edwards that cuts the cheques misses pages of people and has no clue where the information you sent them went it is very frustrating. I proved the proper information was sent every week, and reported the issue to both HR and my supervisor and still nothing done about it, I ended up quitting because I could not deal with staff members constantly coming in with pay issues that should not of been occurring.
Pros
loved the work, loved the fast paced environment, loved the long shifts
Cons
poor procedures and policies, poor management from head office, too many people transmitting the same information
Overall very good experience
Mechanic and Relief Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 4, 2014
11hr days, started at 7am work was different everyday a combination of equipment maintenance/repair and field work, camp food was very good. Learned a great deal about HD off-road construction equipment. Management overall was good, had excellent co-workers, most challenging was not having easy access to service data. Most enjoyable was the people I had met at the past two sites.
Great co - workers - Terrible management
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayMarch 19, 2014
6 months of work at URS-Flint , management was brutal, did not receive a pay stub for 3 months, (paid weekly) paycheques were always on time tho. I have $2000 of my own money in RRSP thru paycheque deduction, I have not been able to track where this money actually is and noone seems to know or want to help me. Flint had a great name years ago until URS bought them out, went downhill, American company now. They hire anyone, because no one wants to work for them. General contractor kicked URS off site and brought in another contractor.

Good luck!
Pros
i liked the people i worked with
Cons
management, your just "a number", zero job security, bad vibes all around
Fun, new people to work with.
Apprenticing Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Cold LakeApril 29, 2014
Be at work for 7, have a safety meeting. Then put our lunches away and go grab our tools. Have breaks at 10 and 3 leave site at 5. Great benefits got too take time off for holidays or if i needed a day off in the week they were very willing. Management was great and easy too get along with. Hardest part was working in some very annoying weather somedays but thats part of the job. Learning new things was the best part of it.
Relaxing atmosphere after work without too much shop talk.
Construction Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AlbertaJanuary 26, 2014
Arrive early and review assigned work task.
Plan your work and work your plan.
Discus any unknowns with your management and co-workers. "If you don't know, ask."
The hardest part of the job is to make sure everybody stays focused and don't become complacent.
The most enjoyable part of the job is participation from everybody involved and checking to make sure everybody goes home safe every day,
Pros
a satisfied team.
Cons
negative attitudes and smokers.
Overall positive experience.
Labour II (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 16, 2014
Working for URS Flint was overall an enjoyable experience. The company treated me well during my short time with them. I was hoping to work with them for a longer period of time but because of work shortage there were large layoffs. My foreman was very understanding and great to work for. The hardest part of my job was to keep busy considering the lack of work at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining the experience in such a large plant setting, Surmont 2 was the largest plant I had ever been on and gaining general knowledge of how it operated and how it was being built was enjoyable.
Pros
good people, good foreman, good wage
Cons
lack of job security