Urs Flint Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work if you want to travel
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 9, 2015
Good company to work for because of pay and benefits.. the ability to travel and work in different environments.. lots of room to advance through the company
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
long hours and can be away from home for long periods
Great workplace enviroment with management and coworkers
Technical Assistant/Design Change (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 26, 2016
URS was a great company to work for.and people in management made it very easy for me to say this. They were easy to get along with, respectful, hard workers and very helpful in directing you in what had to be done. My coworkers were great and they made the workplace an environment that was very comforting to work in. Everyone would be very helpful when there was a new hire and made them feel at home and that they were important and belonged there.

The company paid for all my flights back and forth to NL after each rotation.which was great because I got to go home. They also gave me a great bonus at the end of the project. I had very nice accommodations while I was working with URS when made it much easier being away from home.
Pros
There were no cons while I worked with URS
Cons
Great workplace enviroment, great pay and bonusl, and also great accomodations
Great Job
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABDecember 16, 2015
Had a great time working for URS Flint wish they had more work on the go.
A lot of long days and long nights but the pay was worth it
Pros
Free Food
Cons
it was a great place to work ,I leaned alot about the oilfeild
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, ABFebruary 11, 2016
I learned a lot about the work that is involved in supplying oil and gas to the world , I learned how to assess risk and deal with potential hazardous events .I learned how to work in teams and work hard to finish a task .
Pros
living allowance
Cons
being away from home
great place
Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  ft.mcmurrayApril 11, 2016
I am a self-motivated and well organized individual, with strong communication skills and towering beliefs in teamwork.My ambitions and expectations of personal performance are of the highest standards. I consistently devote myself to creating a comfortable atmosphere for my fellow colleagues. I feel I can offer energy, enthusiasm, character and creativity to your organization.
great people to work for
operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
a typical day at flint for me was heading to carseland refinery gas plant every morning to start putting diesel and gas filters in place. i was the operator so i had to make sure every critical was properly secured before lifting into position.

making sure i was always fully focused on task in hand the material was very expensive and hard to get over night as we had deadlines to meet.
productiv
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMarch 23, 2016
foreman was energetic and informed people as to what was to be done and how he wanted it to happen. when the job started the plan was made and we stuck to his plan and it worked out very well I was and am willing to work for this foreman again if the opportunity arose.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
not enough time with this company
lots of work and OT.
Scaffolder. (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 16, 2016
get up with all your co-workers get to the job start your day. work 12 hours go back to camp eat dinner shower up. then do your own thing for the rest of the day.
Pros
free food and housing.
Cons
lots of OT
Long term loyal employee
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake AlbertaJanuary 28, 2015
Over the years working for flint had its ups and its downs, I mostly remain indifferent. Although I do not always agree with the choices made and the actions taken, I am not trying to run a gigantic company with many parts.

Mostly my biggest concern throughout my time with Flint was that for some reason instead of working together to achieve one common goal, most are working to achieve their goal, whether it is at the expense of the final product or not.

Flint has proven to be a great training facility they do pay for all you're training as well as your time. This of course is provided that the training is related and benefits the company as a whole.
Dynamic, Competent, Enjoyable, Excelleny safety culture
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABOctober 9, 2014
I have worked with several other companies and always am amazed at how much better the overall impression is within the URS Flint family dynamic. I have received excellent tutelage, opportunity and positive input from both my fellow co-workers and my immediate superiors. the work has always been consistent and the benefits proportional to making long term employment favorable over chasing companies and jobs specific to varying sites. I've enjoyed a safe productive and positive tenure with URS Flint and am now poised to transfer to another site within the organization. Just another example of how I feel the management and Human resources team look out for my interests.
Pros
safety, reliability, benefits
Cons
travel
Very fun loving and productive environment due to our Manager
Construction Coordinator (Project Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
It was wonderful working with the individual care so much about his employees. It was pleasure working with the organisation.
Productive and worth the experience
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 10, 2016
Even though I've only worked there for 2 months it's worth the experience because I had the chance to meet other talented people who has driven passion in working. Also had the chance to work with a great supervisor.
Poor Workplace Overall
Instrumentation Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABApril 14, 2014
Above average payment.
Safety was below par, over the time I worked there was an average of an accident every few days and the site was shut down for investigation.
Company culture encouraged lying to safety in the safety tickets.
The Instrumentation shop was run by an apprentice. There was supposedly a Journeyman on site to meet standards but I never met him in my two months of employment. My 'journeyman' was a carpenter and had no formal schooling in instrumentation or any instrumentation accreditation. Tube bending was the only lesson taught.
I was laid off as soon as their other apprentice returned from school and they did not bother to indenture me.
Pros
well paid, fair benefits package
Cons
long hours, long shifts, poor supervision, terrible safety record
Pipeline Laborer
Pipeline Labourer (Pre-heater) (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABMay 6, 2016
Performed preheating duties. Preheated pipe on the line which was to be welded. Also aided in stringing pipe into place along the pipeline.
Busy Pipeline
Labourer/ Welding Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJune 2, 2016
It was a great experience as my first oilfield job. They are willing to train and try to get people to advance within the company
URS
Service Writer / Maintenance Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayOctober 20, 2014
payroll, work orders, purchase orders, scheduling fleet units for services and general maintenance, JDE system, vendors, cost summary report, fluid haul.
Managment: could use some work, either too laid back and didn't listen to complaints or fallow core values, or were overly angery and has bullying issues
Co-workes were easy to work with and positive people.
hardest part of the job was sitting for 9 hours straight.
the most enjoyable part of my day was working with my coworkes and all my data input
Pros
laid back environment, great co-workers, steady fast paced, metting all the new people, good benifits
Cons
lack or training for all positions.
Disorganized
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 11, 2013
This is my first experience with URS Flint, but the impression is not the greatest. There are some good things, but overall, the managerial skills are severely lacking, and this makes everything seem much worse.
In a typical day, workers meet for the morning tailgate, there is a safety moment, and we go over the tasks for the day. Then we meet with our foremen and discuss individual tasks. We write up THA (Task Hazard Assessments) and proceed with gathering our tools and getting to our job sites. We work for 10 hour shifts.
The hardest part of the day would probably be getting through the length of the day and the physicality of the work.
The most enjoyable part is learning new things about pipefitting.
I have learned a great deal about safety procedures, including tool use, and assessing and eliminating hazards.
Pros
easy for new workers to get into a pipefitting trade
Cons
low salary, poor management, slow learning curve
working with tight deadlines
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABDecember 23, 2015
Remote work location fly in and out of near Anzac, Alberta. Learned various procures and safe work practices while working here. Want to expand on my skills learning new things everyday that will help build a solid setup inside my head about life.
Pros
Free accommodation, free food
Cons
Long 21 day shifts
Was not inpressed, mangers could care less.(your replaceable). If you have any personal issue to deal with,they could care less.
Oporator (Former Employee) –  Lampman SKNovember 4, 2015
Not a good place to work. Your a number (a replaceable one). Safety is a joke. They'll say one thing in orientation, but in the feild another. I was ask to work a lone many times in a dangerous environment bye my manager and break enivomental laws. Would not recommend this employer.
Pros
Cons
too many
Professional
QC Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Good place to work , good people .
Good pay , I would go the work here again should they need a inspector. Great place to work