Urs Flint Employee Reviews

Site RN
On-Site RN (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB25 July 2017
Excellent company and employees are professional. Work/Life Balance a company priority. Safety First - Always is their motto. I would work there again if/when the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Focus on Safety a priority
Cons
Don't have any
had a bad experience with this company
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 June 2017
the typical day was digging holes and snow removal was laid off the foremans brother got out of rehab so i was replaced even though i was the only sober one our of my team not a word of lie....
Pros
pay was ok while lasted
Cons
lad off for honestly no reason
Good company
"B" Pressure welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2017
Great company to work for. The employees were very friendly. I learned a lot about the company. URS had a good safety program. URS also had a good supervision team.
Pros
Employee advancement
a great safety culture
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB30 May 2017
while working there I learned more tricks of the trade and grew more into the safety culture. the management went out of their way to ensure the employees were happy.
Great people, Great Atmosphere
Manager HSE, Projects Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2017
I really missed working here. The people were the main reason. The different experiences I gained were valuable to my career development. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Great people. Good work experiance.
camp life
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 April 2017
if you enjoy being away from home for a couple weeks this jobs, good money but stressful environment, i learned safety is very important. food was decent at the camp i was at it all depends.
good
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB13 March 2017
I loved working at URS Flint One of the beast jobs I had great company to work for. Great management leadership staff. Good two way communication. Would go back in a heartbeat
great company to work for
NDE Requesting, Weld Mapping, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Western Canada11 February 2017
Go to site at 5:30am until 5:30 pm. Enjoyed working with some of the most knowledgeable people and we would assist each other in our daily jobs.Learned a lot and appreciated the availability of the management team when needed to call upon.Thoroughly appreciated going to work every day for this company.
This was a great job and i was able to work independant .
cleaning plant operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 February 2017
This was a great job. I was able to look after a reline tubing plant.
Management worked at training you for different work and was very helpful.
Pros
Able to independently
ok place to work
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 January 2017
You have to stay in the loop to keep your job.Some coworkers are nice and some are pathetic.Overall a decent company to work for.

Want to know more about Urs Flint?

Ask a question
Good Job
Apprenticeship Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 January 2017
Enjoyed working there...left there to go with my welder because of my apprenticeship. Company was good to work for and good rotation schedule. The wage and benefit packages were good.
Productive and fast pace environment.
QA QC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB22 December 2016
This company works almost in a fast pace environment and addresses all the construction issues of the client in timely fashion. Good supportive work environment with long time team members.
terrible management
2nd year electrical apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB7 December 2016
when i worked there most employees were treated very poorly. we were also told that since the job market wasn't good that we were repayable and there is some that could take our position at any time.
good job
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB26 October 2016
URS Flint is okay to work for but is lacking in management, all the people or workers are, are a number, the people you work with are awesome, and thats what makes the company, but even guys who stayed there for 5 years straight were the first ones to get let go anyways
Pros
payed good
Cons
poorly managed
Work and safety
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 August 2016
Has extensive experience in the construction of water and wastewater treatment plants extending from new builds to additions involving new equipment and systems in operational facilities.
i got the reviews mixed around
Welders Helper/Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 July 2016
I am not sure if i can change the review but the one I gave for the Labour position was supposed to be this one. Anyway I will work hard for you. Doesn't always have to be perfect.
Busy Pipeline
Labourer/ Welding Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB2 June 2016
It was a great experience as my first oilfield job. They are willing to train and try to get people to advance within the company
Pipeline Laborer
Pipeline Labourer (Pre-heater) (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB6 May 2016
Performed preheating duties. Preheated pipe on the line which was to be welded. Also aided in stringing pipe into place along the pipeline.
Great workplace enviroment with management and coworkers
Technical Assistant/Design Change (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 April 2016
URS was a great company to work for.and people in management made it very easy for me to say this. They were easy to get along with, respectful, hard workers and very helpful in directing you in what had to be done. My coworkers were great and they made the workplace an environment that was very comforting to work in. Everyone would be very helpful when there was a new hire and made them feel at home and that they were important and belonged there.

The company paid for all my flights back and forth to NL after each rotation.which was great because I got to go home. They also gave me a great bonus at the end of the project. I had very nice accommodations while I was working with URS when made it much easier being away from home.
Pros
There were no cons while I worked with URS
Cons
Great workplace enviroment, great pay and bonusl, and also great accomodations
Very fun loving and productive environment due to our Manager
Construction Coordinator (Project Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2016
It was wonderful working with the individual care so much about his employees. It was pleasure working with the organisation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urs Flint. Our community is ready to answer.