Urs Flint Employee Reviews in Canada

great place
Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  ft.mcmurrayApril 11, 2016
I am a self-motivated and well organized individual, with strong communication skills and towering beliefs in teamwork.My ambitions and expectations of personal performance are of the highest standards. I consistently devote myself to creating a comfortable atmosphere for my fellow colleagues. I feel I can offer energy, enthusiasm, character and creativity to your organization.
great people to work for
operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
a typical day at flint for me was heading to carseland refinery gas plant every morning to start putting diesel and gas filters in place. i was the operator so i had to make sure every critical was properly secured before lifting into position.

making sure i was always fully focused on task in hand the material was very expensive and hard to get over night as we had deadlines to meet.
Great workplace enviroment with management and coworkers
Technical Assistant/Design Change (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 26, 2016
URS was a great company to work for.and people in management made it very easy for me to say this. They were easy to get along with, respectful, hard workers and very helpful in directing you in what had to be done. My coworkers were great and they made the workplace an environment that was very comforting to work in. Everyone would be very helpful when there was a new hire and made them feel at home and that they were important and belonged there.

The company paid for all my flights back and forth to NL after each rotation.which was great because I got to go home. They also gave me a great bonus at the end of the project. I had very nice accommodations while I was working with URS when made it much easier being away from home.
Pros
There were no cons while I worked with URS
Cons
Great workplace enviroment, great pay and bonusl, and also great accomodations
productiv
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMarch 23, 2016
foreman was energetic and informed people as to what was to be done and how he wanted it to happen. when the job started the plan was made and we stuck to his plan and it worked out very well I was and am willing to work for this foreman again if the opportunity arose.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
not enough time with this company
i got the reviews mixed around
Welders Helper/Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJuly 23, 2016
I am not sure if i can change the review but the one I gave for the Labour position was supposed to be this one. Anyway I will work hard for you. Doesn't always have to be perfect.
Cons
it was a great place to work ,I leaned alot about the oilfeild
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, ABFebruary 11, 2016
I learned a lot about the work that is involved in supplying oil and gas to the world , I learned how to assess risk and deal with potential hazardous events .I learned how to work in teams and work hard to finish a task .
Pros
living allowance
Cons
being away from home
Very fun loving and productive environment due to our Manager
Construction Coordinator (Project Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
It was wonderful working with the individual care so much about his employees. It was pleasure working with the organisation.
Productive and worth the experience
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 10, 2016
Even though I've only worked there for 2 months it's worth the experience because I had the chance to meet other talented people who has driven passion in working. Also had the chance to work with a great supervisor.
working with tight deadlines
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABDecember 23, 2015
Remote work location fly in and out of near Anzac, Alberta. Learned various procures and safe work practices while working here. Want to expand on my skills learning new things everyday that will help build a solid setup inside my head about life.
Pros
Free accommodation, free food
Cons
Long 21 day shifts
Pipeline Laborer
Pipeline Labourer (Pre-heater) (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABMay 6, 2016
Performed preheating duties. Preheated pipe on the line which was to be welded. Also aided in stringing pipe into place along the pipeline.
lots of work and OT.
Scaffolder. (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 16, 2016
get up with all your co-workers get to the job start your day. work 12 hours go back to camp eat dinner shower up. then do your own thing for the rest of the day.
Pros
free food and housing.
Cons
lots of OT
Busy Pipeline
Labourer/ Welding Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJune 2, 2016
It was a great experience as my first oilfield job. They are willing to train and try to get people to advance within the company
Was not inpressed, mangers could care less.(your replaceable). If you have any personal issue to deal with,they could care less.
Oporator (Former Employee) –  Lampman SKNovember 4, 2015
Not a good place to work. Your a number (a replaceable one). Safety is a joke. They'll say one thing in orientation, but in the feild another. I was ask to work a lone many times in a dangerous environment bye my manager and break enivomental laws. Would not recommend this employer.
Pros
Cons
too many
Productive and fun workplace
Safety Administrator/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Anzac, ABOctober 30, 2015
A typical day at work would start with doing our daily toolbox/tailgate meeting and stretch's. Then we would talk about what we would be working on that day so that no one was working on the same thing. I worked great with everyone and that made the day go by fast.
Professional
QC Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Good place to work , good people .
Good pay , I would go the work here again should they need a inspector. Great place to work
Great place to work if you want to travel
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 9, 2015
Good company to work for because of pay and benefits.. the ability to travel and work in different environments.. lots of room to advance through the company
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
long hours and can be away from home for long periods
Great Job
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABDecember 16, 2015
Had a great time working for URS Flint wish they had more work on the go.
A lot of long days and long nights but the pay was worth it
Pros
Free Food
Cons
great people who are ready to work
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  grande prairieSeptember 20, 2015
As an apprentice you have to be ready for hard work
alot of physical work, installing lights and long hours
mainly camp work 15/6 or 24/4
this is all depending on location
Pros
good money, great people
Cons
poorly organized
If you got nowhere else to go .....
Journeyman pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMay 20, 2015
Be sure your recruiter tells you all the details of the job your hired for . They will hold back bits of info just to trap you into showing up .

-Remember , 10 and 4 means 5 and 2 , that's to keep you from making any decent overtime .
-Make sure you have a signed agreement for LOA .
-ALWAYS ask , if your first day is the beginning of s shift , or if you are showing up midshift ,They will never tell you unless you ask , and ask a field manager , NOT a recruiter .

Generally , in the experience of myself and many others , you are a disposable number to this company . Be prepared to be disappointed Which is their whole plan , so they can dip into their bottomless well temporary foreign workers, giving that program a reason to keep existing
Run away !!
Professional place to work but lack of focus
Strategic Account Manager (Major Projects) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 28, 2015
A typical day involved conducting activities to help grow the brand and improve relationships with key clients. These activities included phone calls, emails, setting up and hosting internal and external meetings, developing marketing materials, and being part of internal review committee meetings.

While employed at AECOM/URS Flint, I learned about many different aspects of the Oil and Gas business and how to conduct myself in a professional manner.

This company is the product of many mergers and acquisitions over the years and, as a result, sometimes felt that they lacked a sense of identity and direction. The leadership seemed to struggle to define this for the organization and how to differentiate ourselves from the competition.