Urs Flint

Urs Flint Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
If you got nowhere else to go .....
Journeyman pipe fitter (Former Employee), AlbertaMay 20, 2015
Be sure your recruiter tells you all the details of the job your hired for . They will hold back bits of info just to trap you into showing up .

-Remember , 10 and 4 means 5 and 2 , that's to keep you from making any decent overtime .
-Make sure you have a signed agreement for LOA .
-ALWAYS ask , if your first day is the beginning of s shift , or if you are showing up midshift ,They will never tell you unless you ask , and ask a field manager , NOT a recruiter .

Generally , in the experience of myself and many others , you are a disposable number to this company . Be prepared to be disappointed Which is their whole plan , so they can dip into their bottomless well temporary foreign workers, giving that program a reason to keep existing
Run away !!
great employment
Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 14, 2015
Pros: excellent group of people to work with
Cons: weather but we managed
the jobs ive been on besides this one was very well structured and well managed I learnt a lot from my co-workers about procedures of how to do more tasks on a sefer level and everyone was a team
productive and doing great at the job with co-workers
journeyman steam fitter pipe fitter (Former Employee), Fortmc Murray, AlbertaApril 17, 2015
In all the company that I worked for every day was a normal day for us, start the day by safety meeting and before starting a job pre planning is required. We ensure a good communication for all of our co- workers and to management. The most enjoyable part of the job was when its done safely.,
Excellent
Equipment coordinator (Former Employee), Peace RiverApril 9, 2015
Company cares very much about their workers , would love to work for them again, Pay is on the medium scale with other companies...thanks
How they keep getting jobs is beyond me
Electrician/Labourer (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 3, 2015
Pros: Lots of out of town work
Cons: Everything
Every site is usually a mess, management does virtually nothing. Don't get me wrong there's some good people but that's overshadowed by the higher ups being incompetent (I've seen a grown foreman cry)
Always looking for new projects
Foreman (Former Employee), AlbertaFebruary 21, 2015
Good place to work, pays good. Met lots of good people on the job site.
Good place to learn.
Always busy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning and making good money every day.
excellent company to work for
steamfitter/pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: cold weather
Excellent company to work for, management is well organized, co-workers are great mentors, great salary and benefits
Large Company
Construction Supervisor/ pipe fitter (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great insurance plans and support systems
Cons: always changing hands, no more small town, i know you, type of feeling, very corporate, very legal.
URS Flint has been through many changes in the last 10 years, As a conglomerate of many smaller companies, it became noticed by much larger firms based out of the USA. IT currently just re sold to AECOM. A very large company with over 80000 employees world wide. So it is going through another change within itself. With corporate leaders from many different parts of the world coming together to make a singular world view of construction ethics and practices.
An excellent company to work with.
Piping Lead hand (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 31, 2015
*Days of work should start with toolbox meeting and work place hazard assessments.
*Good implementation of safety rules and regulations leads to a productive and safe work at the end of the day.
*Management,from higher ranks to supervisors are concerned to every worker's safety,production is secondary.
*Teamwork and looking upon each other is important in a group.
*Piping job is not that easy but competency make it so.
*The enjoyable part of the job is when the task given is done,no matter how hard we've been through but no one got hurt.
URS merged with Flint to form URS Flint.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Oil & Gas) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2015
I had a very busy and active position with this company.

I was the Office Manager to 200+ plus employees in one building, and by the end was Office Manager to 500+ employees in 3 different buildings.

I was also the Executive Assistant to the Sr. VP, and to several VP's - both in Calgary and in Edmonton.
Long term loyal employee
Employee (Former Employee), Cold Lake AlbertaJanuary 28, 2015
Over the years working for flint had its ups and its downs, I mostly remain indifferent. Although I do not always agree with the choices made and the actions taken, I am not trying to run a gigantic company with many parts.

Mostly my biggest concern throughout my time with Flint was that for some reason instead of working together to achieve one common goal, most are working to achieve their goal, whether it is at the expense of the final product or not.

Flint has proven to be a great training facility they do pay for all you're training as well as your time. This of course is provided that the training is related and benefits the company as a whole.
good job environment
Instrumentation Technician Journeyman (Current Employee), Husky SunriseJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: came in site
1,C&SU, pre-commissioning, DCP, punches list, start up
2,PM, inspect, install, calibrate, test, commissioning and maintain measurement, control, analytical, fire and gas detection instrumentation equipment
3,Troubleshoot electronic, instrumentation analytical and control equipment,
4,Repair, maintain and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts,
5,good work team and management
6,strat-up is a most challenged job.
Productive, safety conscious company with good values.
Welder's Helper (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good work, was able to weld, decent shift
Cons: too far away, not enough welding.
Good company with good values and very safety conscious. Gave me an opportunity to be able to weld and build my skills. Co-workers were helpful and easy to get along with. This was a pipeline and facility job with emphasis on valve stations.
Very Good
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 6, 2015
I had a very good work experience with URS.
I was very well treated.
The best employer I had so far.
productive
scaffolderer (Former Employee), ABJanuary 6, 2015
working in a live plant had to be very safety concious general foreman was bad didnt treatbworkers right
A good company to work for.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 10, 2014
Pros: safety awards and bonuses.
Even though I started late on the job (and this particular job was a new field to me), nevertheless it was very good and I gained invaluable experience.
Great Safety Culture environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 9, 2014
Pros: learning experience of working out side of the united states
Cons: 12 hour days
Once deployed to site, we worked 12 hour days. The Safety team was an excellent group, that thrived on team work and getting the safety culture instilled in all employees.
Productive and fun
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 4, 2014
My day to day activities while working at URS Flint consisted of daily/ weekly reports. We would have our morning safety meetings, and then work hard at building/ editing our hydro packages, making sure that everything was correct for our hydro team to complete a successful hydro test, and continue on in a safe manor for operation. Data entry was also a large part. Our database needed to maintained consistently, in order for all departments to know exactly what was going on at any given time. The more difficult part I found when we were turnover the documentation to the client, sometimes, certain documents would not be completed or not found. In these cases, we would need to go back, get all the required information completed and passed over to the client. Any challenges we had, we met and pushed through to excel. I enjoyed any challenge that popped up, and I enjoy to be challenged. I love to learn new things, and push through any issue that arise. I was sad to leave, but the project was completed. I met so many new people and new friends, and learned so much at my time spent with URS. We were all a family away from home.
camp work
Apprentice Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 29, 2014
This is a camp job the food is supplied not to bad of food, accommodations are small sometimes you have your own bathroom and sometimes your sharing with another worker, you have to take a shuttle to and from work the company really emphasizes on safety and team work the hardest part of the job is 11 hour days with only 2 half hour breaks and working 14 days straight
Great crews
Pipe-fitting Apprentice (Former Employee), Cromer, ManitobaNovember 26, 2014
Pros: great field level reward programs
Cons: lower end of the pay scale
great crews and field level management made for a great work environment which was safety oriented which lead to clean/safe work environments.

1 2 3 4 5

About Urs Flint

About AECOM and URS Together AECOM and URS are one of the world’s premier, fully integrated infrastructure and support – Read more