Urs Flint

Urs Flint Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work!
QA / Turnover Coordinator (Current Employee), Anzac, abJuly 25, 2014
I've only been here a short time, but so far its been an amazing experience. Everyone is kind and helpful.
Rewarding, Exciting, Educational
POA / Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2014
Pros: experiance of working in a very divers enviroment with many cultures from around the world.
Cons: i would not say it is a con however, you must be aware of your suroundings at all times safety must come first!
During the course of the day one can never expect a "normal" day. The environment I work in is ever changing and challenging. I work with a very diverse group of engineers, inspectors and upper management staff.

Knowing how to balance my day and duties is challenging but rewarding. Being a part of such a large project, our client has allowed me to – more... grow and contribute a chapter of their production manual. I have designed, implemented and trained my coworkers to use daily an electronic signature. This signature stamp is used by on our project when uploading into the "SharePoint" (a software program), which is used company wide.

I enjoy the people I work with, and gaining knowledge every day. I have enjoyed working in the construction industry for many years and look forward to expanding my experiences. – less
Good work experiance , learned alot , good managment.
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Anzac, ABJuly 23, 2014
Good job, good flights and a good camp. Overall good experience with URS.
the only good thing about it was the fact that they had free freezies
DSP Fitter (Former Employee), Keyera Fort SaskJuly 14, 2014
Pros: freezies and loa
Cons: having to be there
Keyera site project manager was a complete lunatic, running around yelling at people to get out in the field and then when you see him on site he walks into your area without having any idea what your plan is and starts sticking his nose in where it doesnt belong...I have heard stories of the same clown has been seen spying on workers from elevated – more... locations with binoculars... The bussing was nice for some and more of a pain in the rear for the majority. 13.5 hour day just freom when i got on the bus to getting off and i was paid for 11. DSP pay was the lowest i have personally seen as far back as i can remember. 53/hour straight time.
Its not right to be herding people around like cattle at break times and closing up smoking areas with a lock and chain?
Not something i would ever be a part of... – less
Camp could use some upgrades, but worksite was good.
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee), Anzac, ABJune 26, 2014
Pros: free hospitality
Work was how I expected it. I learned a lot about different parts of the trade and worked with a lot of different types of people. Always people to carpool with, lots of time to hang out.
good guys to work with/ for
Steamfitter-Pipefitter (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJune 11, 2014
Pros: good guys nice environment
Cons: hot days no shade
Crane work, fitting for welders, grinder work, bolt up, working with picker trucks, high torqueing flanges
I would go back
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Joffre, ABJune 10, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, good shift, great crew
Cons: insecure management, not much chance of advancement
Didn't mind working for them at all. A little clicky but otherwise enjoyed my time. Good pay and benefits, and worked with some great people.
Good people - no job security
Human Resources Advisor (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMay 7, 2014
Good people; no job security; no opportunity for advancement; low pay.
Fun, new people to work with.
Apprenticing Pipe Fitter (Former Employee), Cold LakeApril 29, 2014
Be at work for 7, have a safety meeting. Then put our lunches away and go grab our tools. Have breaks at 10 and 3 leave site at 5. Great benefits got too take time off for holidays or if i needed a day off in the week they were very willing. Management was great and easy too get along with. Hardest part was working in some very annoying weather somedays – more... but thats part of the job. Learning new things was the best part of it. – less
Nice friendly environm,ent
Electrican (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2014
Great place to work, friendly people good supervisors. they have a good management and will accomodate out of town workers.
Poor Workplace Overall
Instrumentation Apprentice (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABApril 14, 2014
Pros: well paid, fair benefits package
Cons: long hours, long shifts, poor supervision, terrible safety record
Above average payment.
Safety was below par, over the time I worked there was an average of an accident every few days and the site was shut down for investigation.
Company culture encouraged lying to safety in the safety tickets.
The Instrumentation shop was run by an apprentice. There was supposedly a Journeyman on site to meet standards but I never – more... met him in my two months of employment. My 'journeyman' was a carpenter and had no formal schooling in instrumentation or any instrumentation accreditation. Tube bending was the only lesson taught.
I was laid off as soon as their other apprentice returned from school and they did not bother to indenture me. – less
Good Organisation
Cost Controller (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 8, 2014
Good Organisation and Coworkers.
Equal opportunities are given to every one.
Pretty solid company
Electrician (Former Employee), LeismerMarch 25, 2014
Co workers were great, management seemed to do there best but communication seemed poor between on site staff and head office, lots of unnecessary new hires. Leismer Lodge camp was amazing.
Good experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2014
A typical day starts by talking to the people who use the computer systems in the company. I help them solve their computer related problems. The staffs are attentive and ready to help, which really made me understand how to work effectively at the job I was doing. I love being the person to turn to when computer related problems arises, knowing that – more... I can fix it. – less
Good
Estimator (Former Employee), Sherwood parkMarch 22, 2014
Pros: timing and hours of work
Cons: salary
Good overall life balance
Salary not competitive enough.
good coworkers
Great co - workers - Terrible management
Electrician (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayMarch 19, 2014
Pros: i liked the people i worked with
Cons: management, your just "a number", zero job security, bad vibes all around
6 months of work at URS-Flint , management was brutal, did not receive a pay stub for 3 months, (paid weekly) paycheques were always on time tho. I have $2000 of my own money in RRSP thru paycheque deduction, I have not been able to track where this money actually is and noone seems to know or want to help me. Flint had a great name years ago until – more... URS bought them out, went downhill, American company now. They hire anyone, because no one wants to work for them. General contractor kicked URS off site and brought in another contractor.

Good luck! – less
great camp and very generous rewards for safety records
Material Handler (Former Employee), Anzac, ABMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great camp
Cons: - 40 brrrrrrrrrrr !
Urs Flint was my first experience in the oil sands .My experience was a positive experience .Scary at first but with time it became better . The camp was excellent . I got along with co-workers quite well , A typical day would be outside in the laydown taking instruction from my foreman .This could be anything from locating material to helping load – more... or unload trailers to snow blowing from material . The only hardest part of the job was the - 40 weather and that wasn't that bad because we were told to warm up when ever we felt too cold .The most enjoyable part of the job was when we were so busy but worked as a team and got everything to site that was needed and the foreman would say good job guys we had a good day . I learned that the oil sands and URS work very well together , safety is first , environment , site cleanliness all are of top priority so this gave me an appreciation . They took me in, gave a job and paid me well with benefits . I was laid off in January from shortage of work but hope to be back in the near future to another URS site . – less
worst company ever
electrical apprentice (Former Employee), stat oilMarch 13, 2014
Pros: few good coworkers
Cons: management, everything about the company
Terrible company! No job security for good workers only for people who suck up. Have to be friends with the GF to be liked or to keep your job. Worst job and company ever very disappointed!
Horrible, disorganized company, 0 security, horrible pay
Management Trainee (Former Employee), CalgaryMarch 10, 2014
Pros: big company, easy to hide in the shade
Cons: no work/life balance, terrible management, very bad pay
The majority of management and VPs within the company don't even have University education, much less a trades ticket.

URS is known to pay ~15% less than the rest of industry.

Non-uniformity across all jobsites/divisions. What may go with one, i.e pay/rules/etc. will not go with others.

0 job security and no guarantee you'll go to another job, there's – more... a huge disconnect

The way they fire people is absolutely absurd, calling them into a board room in front of their team, firing them, and dividing their team in front of them.

Management is useless and prefer to hide behind reports they demand to make their jobs seem relevant.

Bust your behind for this company and don't get recognized. Hiding safety and environmental incidents....

Garbage company – less
Good company
Piping Planner (Former Employee), Anzac, AB - Surmont 2March 9, 2014
Pros: large company with lots of work, you will alwasy have a position.
URS is a great company to work for if you plan on just going with the flow and have no real ambition for advancement or growth.

1 2 3 4 5

About Urs Flint

At URS we provide a challenging environment with exceptional career opportunities. Our talented employees come from diverse backgrounds – Read more