UPS

UPS Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly management & Staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 13, 2014
Nice place to work, hard to get a full-time job. Part-timers can have their hours cut back to 15 hours. A lot of opportunities to change departments if you like working over-night.
Fast paced heavy work
Sorter (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 6, 2014
Sort and stack packages in trailer, wash and fuel trucks. exhausting work. High turnover of employees because heavy work low pay.
customer service in person and over the phone
Customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2014
was a great experience..doing customer service in person and over the phone ..received and sent out mails and courier
Hard Labour and low pay
Package Handler (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2014
fast pace enviroment, heavy lefting, diverse culture but hard labour with low pay and not that great of pay.
Fast paced and hard work
Driver Support (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Makes the days got by quickly. It's nice getting to know all the people along your routes.
fun place to work
preloader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2014
a typical workday would consist of taking packages of a conveyor belt according to sections of the city and loading cars according to charts or drivers expectations.
I learned how to make sure to keep my work area safe.
management was ok.
my co workers where great always joking around trying to make work fun.
the hardest part about the job is if the delivery trucks where late trying to make sure that we are able to make sure to get all the packages on the car for delivery.
I enjoyed that it was physical and that can be a challenge at times.
Package Handler - United Parcel Service Canada (UPS)
Package Handler (Current Employee), torontoFebruary 21, 2014
Great staff and managers, enjoy working for this location.
Busying....
Package Handler (Former Employee), Concord, ONFebruary 16, 2014
keep work loading to put truck and good fitting like exercise as teamwork
Physically challenging.
Contract Work (Former Employee), Steeles and JaneFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: contract job.
6am starts - 4, 5, 6pm finishes, but I loved it.
I scanned trucks to ensure that customers orders were on time and in tact.
It gave me the opportunity to ride my bicycle to work as it was only three blocks from my home.
The staff and management were exceptional.
The drovers were amazing, given the fact that they had to endure tight deadlines and unhappy customers.
The team was a joy to work with.
Not what you would expect
Logistics Data Supervisor (Current Employee), Brossard, QCFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: it's close to home
Cons: rarely paid for overtime.hr is in on the game and therefore you have no recourse for justice.
The work enviornment is chaotic at best.

Problems that need up to the second solutions come at you from every angle... even way above your pay grade.

Most Co-Workers are there just waiting for the next promotion and couldn't care less about anyone or anything.

Management is amateur at best... 6 different mangers in 7 years.

The hardest part of the job is constantly re-training individuals old and new with no support from UPS.

People working there 7 years are still making 13.50/hour because previous supervisors have never given raises. They relay on ignorance to get away with essentially stealing money from deserving employees.

They fool around with time cards and steal money from the drivers... I could go on and on...

I 've learned as long as you don't rock the boat you get promoted, if you have common sense and care about employees, you stay at the bottom of the barrel.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I go home.

This company lives off a false reputation and a cult like pride.

Stay away if you know what is good for you.

They have nothing to be proud of!
No Work Life Balance
Package Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2014
If you enjoy 12-15 hour days, then UPS is for you.The demand for production is constant and unreasonable. Training is neglected and there is very much a sink or swim attitude.
recognized for the work you do
Package Handler (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: none really
It was a good place to work. Very safety oriented. Good place to work and advance in.
fun
Damage Inspector (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short hours
good staff, short hours but always extra hours during holiday season. great benefits
This job is one of my best jobs I've ever had.
UPS (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: customers get used to seeing me so they give tip, when its not to busy we get to leave early
Cons: when its really busy we have to stay long hours, do not appreciate working in cold weather not comfortable
This company has benefits and lots of hours i was accumulating. The people i worked with were amazing. The job was a "go,go'' type of job, so with experience i really think this job really trained me to get jobs done really fast and efficient. The hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with more than expected packages a day and not knowing addresses to deliver them to,it gets really stressful. One day at work when me and my co worker opened the back of the truck we were surprised by the amount of packages there were because we couldn't even get throughout to the back of the truck to start organizing. Other than that days at work go by very fast and keeps me in shape.
Decent Employer
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 11, 2014
Overall my time there was good pay could have been better and the slow season sucks but overall good.
Not the best place to work
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: difficult work schedule, limited training, negative environment
Any day at UPS would've been okay if it hadn't been for the sudden change of schedule. At first I was helping out a couple employees with stocking a nearby shopping mall. Then out of nowhere, management decided to hook me up with a driver who kept busting my chops up to the point where he kicked me off his truck. When I tried to explain to management I was better doing work in the mall, they didn't listen or care and ended up laying me off without making a real decision of how to work things out with me. They didn't even think about how I wasn't exactly ready to be helping out someone during driving deliveries. It would've been better if they just understood my explanation.
The UPS Store
Temp. Graphics Designer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 19, 2013
Haven't had good experience to work with the branch in Meadowvale town center. Boring place, less money and desi taunts.
SAFETY
Driver full-time, UPS (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABDecember 16, 2013
Pros: good clients
Cons: long hours
FULL TIME JOB - STARTS 8AM - 8PM
I LEARNED: Delivering and picking up UPS packages efficiently and effectively Learning and properly executing UPS safe driving methods Operating vehicles with standard (manual) and automatic transmission
Complying with UPS appearance guidelines
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Good co-workers
The hardest part of the job was to do all deliveries in my schedule
The most enjoyable part was because we always learn something in each job that you work.
lots of fun, but lots of walking
Driver assistant, Now (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCDecember 9, 2013
Pros: paid break, and great shipping discounts
Cons: delivering in some abd weather
delivering boxes to big businesses, houses and other places on foot and also in the truck for half the time, lots of lifting and is really casual
Busy but fun work space
Package Handler (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 6, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: not enough work hours
My time at UPS was a good one. My supervisors were great people person and they treated everyone fairly and with respect.

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more