UPS Employee Reviews

Never work here
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Canada17 February 2017
Worst place I've ever worked. Extremely overworked, terrible hours and nasty people. Just terrible.
Honestly never get a job here, it will only cause more emotional and physical stress.
Not worth the pain.
Good Company
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 February 2017
A good company with opportunities to get promoted. Friendly employees and a good energy in the workplace. Training provided was very easy to understand.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Great for non-family, career driven individuals
Industrial Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC17 February 2017
Salary compensation for management is very competitive & fair.

Management careers do not work well with family oriented individuals due to random transfer throughout UPS World Wide, consistent travel, long work schedules.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits
Cons
non-family lifestyle
Mismanaged
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC15 February 2017
Too much micro managing and middle management took advantage of good hard and productive workers.
Very long hours dealing with unsatisfied customers
Pros
Occasional free lunches
racists
seasonal employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2017
I didn't have much complaints about the workplace except the racial slurs... that's when things got a little uncomfortable for me. Eventually I was let go for reasons I am still unsure of, but there's nothing I can do about it according to management.
Pros
I got paid for my work
Cons
racists
Excellent employeur
Aide-livreur / Helper (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC3 February 2017
Un très bon employeur respectant ses employés. Je n'ai pas eu de difficulté à trouver un travail avec eux pour le temps des fêtes en tant que "Helper" et cela a toujours bien été.
Il y a toujours de bonnes communications et les autres employés avec qui nous sommes jumelés sont très compétent et aimable.

J'ai adoré mon expérience et c'est avec grand plaisir que j'y retourner en hiver 2017 pour être "Helper" à nouveau.
Pros
Le sourire, l'entregent, le bonheur des gens, tout quoi...
Cons
Le salaire est un peu bas pour les "Helper"
miss working there
Release Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 February 2017
every day was very busy
management was very friendly and understanding
there was a lot of working on your own but team work was there when needed.
Pros
the job as a whole
Cons
location
Great place for your first job
Sales Represetative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 January 2017
great place for you to start your first job. You get to learn organizational skills and you get to have great interactions with the public. Its a great job for after school or even during school breaks.
I get more production at home than working here
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  777 Creditstone18 January 2017
Terrible management, management never listens, co workers are the best part of the work though. favors few people in return for turning against a lot. Favors production vs quality. Keeps pushing for production even though it is one of the more quiet times of the year,
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Terrible Management
Under Paid Slaves
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Canada17 January 2017
If any of my friends or family were to ever ask to work here, I would not recommend it. This place is pure evil. Management only cares about their bottom line, they will tell you anything and everything you want to hear then turn around and forget all about it. If you decide to give it a try, don't work too hard. They will only take advantage of you. Take your time, do things by the book, write down your hours because they will try and cheat you. Applicants be warned.
Pros
Always work
Cons
Management, long days, heavy boxes
Great Atmosphere and Very Productive Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC16 January 2017
Good Dental and Health benefits
Great people to work with
Union protection
No need to go to the gym (great workout)
Nice atmosphere
Nice cafeteria (lots of vending machines)
Pros
Health and dental benefits
Cons
Physical work
Productive and fun place to work.
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
I would get into work, clock in then we would head to our assigned trailers and start offloading packages. Once I was done, I would inform my supervisor and he would assign a new trailer. Sometimes the supervisor would come inside the trailer with you and help you unload. Some days he would stand at the door and see what speed your taking to off load a trailer. Most of the days we would work two people in a trailer and that was good, you could get work done faster. The hardest part of the job was when we got heavy packages and we were short on staff so you had to do it all by yourself. The part that I liked about my job was that you were assigned to offload a trailer and your supervisor would let you get to work and not bother you.
Pros
You can see your making contributions by the work your doing.
Cons
Having heavy packages.
friendly people, not a bad job
Helper / Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 January 2017
was a temp job to help with the holiday rush. good people to work for. i learned how the parcel service works and how important they are. enjoyed the customer service as well.
Most ignorant set of people I have ever worked with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener Ontario11 January 2017
Worked in the kitchener center as Administrative Assistant the supervisors are not friendly they are all unhappy and drivers are miserable they do not get along as a team they talk about one another behind each other's backs just horrible they have Spanish people cleaning their bathrooms and their warehouse like slaves even willing for them to dig through garbage to look for something that was misplaced horrible set of people they do not know how to talk to their stuff they do not put customers first either everything every day was always a problem worked there for 4 months I'd say the first two months I dedicated myself to that job but when I realize what kind of people I was working for I just distant myself didn't do the job to the fullest until they let me go because I do not like to quit on people I had another job lined up right away stay far away from this Kitchener Centre run with your life
Pros
Decent benefits after 60 day. Paid every Friday
Cons
Low salary, disrespectful supervisors, rude staff, no breaks if you dont take one.
Loved the clients. Never the same each day
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 January 2017
Loved having my own store. Worked with my wife.
Always different situations every day.
Learned how to pack and ship international with custom forms
Created business cards and forms for different clients
Pros
Owning you own store
Productive and enjoyable
Walker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 January 2017
I worked for ups during December as a walker, delivering packages on foot around my local area with a sled. Enjoyable, albeit cold.
Pros
Outside, fresh air
Cons
cold, lots of walking
Good team, unappreciated employees and very very very bad mAnagement
Ramp Agent part time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2017
Had fun with my team, but the rest of the experience was horrible. Majority of management only cared about the boxes and their job. Employees were treated as slaves; unappreciated, over worked, their opinions don't matter. Management/supervisors are always right no matter what they do. Human resources is being influenced and partial in their judgment. Zero opportunities for self improvement and advancement.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Highly horrible management
Co is interested in packages more than the people
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 December 2016
The msnagement is interested in achieving their pph (package per hour) more than dealing with the people needs.the shifts ate changing daily someyimes they give 7 hours shifts and sometimes they send us home after 3 hours. You can not build a family on a changing schedule like that
Good people, terrible everything else.
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC14 December 2016
This whole experience was awful. Considering the work that the employees are put through, the compensation is little to none.

I don't have much to say other than that UPS employees are overworked, underpaid saints that are treated like slaves. UPS needs to do better.
Pros
Good Employees
Cons
Few hours, and far too much work for the amount of employees.
great people to work with
Warehouse picker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 December 2016
Overall a great place to work.I am currently looking for something different.I would like to work in a company where i can move up.