UPS

UPS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive & Fun
Clerk (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: always giving to charity
Cons: small facility
Lots Of fun great company to work for
great co-workers
fast paced enviroment
Great Company
Most enjoyable part of job is co-workers
low pay, long hours, fast paced, always on the move
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 26, 2013
Pros: apply for tuition bonus if you're a student, easy
Cons: pay, hours
loading and unloading cars, trailers, hot, physically demanding
Great co-workers
Data Entry Cargo Shipments to US (Former Employee), Dorval, QcJuly 20, 2013
I loved my time at UPS. It was a night shift position, so it was not practical.

I learned a lot about the Cartage industry. I learned a lot about required documents for the transport of cargo
Its a fun workplace
Pre Loader (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2013
A very physically demanding kind of work but with an opportunity for career advancement.
Ex rmployee of 25 yrs
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJuly 13, 2013
Pros: great wages....if you csn survive first 3 yrs
Cons: looooooong hours. no life.
In the 25 yrs at UPS I have seen it all. The company only cares about profits. They suck their employees dry then rreplace them with new ones. I've seen alot of great people get shafted by this company. Good management exists in some locations but for the majority they are a joke. The starting wages are ridiculous and cruel...if you can survive first – more... 3 yrs then its like winning the lottery. MOST DON'T LAST THAT LONG!!!!!!!
Start working for Fefex ot Purolator instead.....SAVE YOURSELF! – less
fast-paced, needing accuracy and speed to advance
Administrator (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 9, 2013
Pros: very good health and dental benefits
Cons: evening shift wouldn't fit into family life very well
Retrieving customs paperwork for shipments bound for the US; entering all information on a database; ensuring all relevant paperwork is sent to the border authorities in order to clear customs; resolve discrepancies and/or contact customers to obtain missing paperwork.
Attention to detail, meeting deadlines and accuracy whilst inputting data.
Strong – more... management team.
Good relationship with all co-workers - essential to meet service delivery standards.
Evening/twilight shift, therefore late afternoon start and late finish.
Good teamwork ethic, great co-workers who show their appreciation for hard work – less
There's much worse out there
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 7, 2013
This is a good job to have for school. The work is simple, and very applicable to office type environments. This is a good stepping stone to bigger and better things
Daily life at UPS
Warehouse worker (Current Employee), 5960 Ferguson RoadJune 24, 2013
Pros: same starting time for shifts
Cons: sometimes its not busy so were let off early
I work a stable Monday-Friday shift starting at 8pm which ends around 1am. I like the job as it is stable and consistent. There is job advancement in the future which gives us a good sense of security. I learned how to balance your life from my co workers. Many of them have families and two jobs, some even three. I believe I should push myself harder – more... since I have the time to do so. Meeting all these wonderful people is probably the most enjoyable part of the job. The job itself has a lot of stress, but being able to stay calm, cool and collected is the key. The hardest part is to not get overwhelmed by pressure. – less
Great job, great schedule, minor downfalls.
International Key Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJune 17, 2013
The job itself is easy to understand, yet challenging due to strict time limits. The hours are consistent (Monday - Friday, stats off). This is a unionized job, so job security is fair, as well as wage increases and wage caps. The downfall is that this is only a part time job, and opportunities for advancement are minimal. The company does promote within, – more... however, and available positions are posted within the workplace. – less
Fast paced and full of variety
Clerical and Administrative Support (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 4, 2013
Fast paced and full of variety. Working for UPS allowed for interaction with a variety of people and ability to enhance customer service skills. Computer skills were an asset as well as being able to multi-task and switch between unrelated tasks as needed. Adaptability is a must for working for UPS.
UPS is a world class courier services company and very dynamic and customers focussed service delivery
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 24, 2013
The typical day is planned with scrum meetings and target are set for every member of the team to keep to the project completion time schedule. The project allowed me to interact with different stakeholders from various levels and particularly the SMEs. Management team are supportive though at times, they could be extremely so busy with meeting up with – more... their global targets but because they all bought in to the project, they were very supportive. There was great collaboration between the project team members and we interacted through walk through and JAD sessions.The hardest part of the job is the scope crippling because of ever growing functional requirements which the company always wanted to include and were later scrutinised based on priority, budget and value added. The most interesting part of the job is the support from the business and stakeholders, unhindered communication across the levels and structured workplace. – less
Good pay and benefits high stress fast passed
Driver (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: rewarding accomplishments
Cons: long hours and physically demanding
long days hard work
learned to work fast
very physically demanding work
work outside and unsupervised
Good Job if you are looking for something Part time
Senior Sort Aisle Representative (Former Employee), Concord, ONApril 22, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: dirty, heavy lifting, short hours
Unloading trailers and sorting boxes into designated transverses
I've learned postal codes and how to train others in the unloading and sorting departments
Co-workers are friendly and hostile
hardest part of the job would be lifting boxes repeatedly
Getting recognized for the hard work put in
productive place to work
Part-time employment (Current Employee), toronto,ontarioApril 19, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: very hard work
load/unload trucks.management is nice to work for.co-workers are fun .the most enjoyable part of the is to see a lot of people
Everything was great
Package Handler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 12, 2013
Everything was great, I had a great experience working there, everyone there was kind, I was treated equally, and I learned a lot working there, if it was not for schol id still be there. Working at UPS you have to work Monday - Friday at a specific time, and I was not able to juggle UPS and school at the same time and we all know school comes first.
Great place to work but now it is owned by a different employer
Package Handler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 3, 2013
the restaurant is not as good anymore since ainsley bartley doesn't own granny's place anymore
fun not too challenging
Package Handler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 3, 2013
the hardest part about the job is keeping up with the pace it is a fast enviornment.
Not a nice place to work with a very expensive cafateria.
Dispatcher/Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 2, 2013
Pros: a paycheque
Cons: cut throat corporate mentality
Very strict military type management and not family oriented.Extremely cut throat corporate mentality. The other workers were fine but the corporate stuff was disgusting and inhumane.
It is OK
Clerk / Associate II (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 27, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: boring, compensation is not so great
It is good place to work if family is your priority.
The job is usually boring and repetitive- you get to do the same thing all day.
I have learned a lot about logistics business
Very high management turnover,my manager changed at least once a year and this effect business and employees in very negative way
Co-workers are usually High School graduates
Job – more... often requires lifting and prolonged time spent in cooler or on the machines
Low stress, you go home and don't have to worry about it – less
Account Management Associate
Credit Management Associate (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 26, 2013
Pros: medical and dental coverage
Cons: placing difficult employees with one another
A typical day at Ups was to look at all outstanding balances on your trial balance broken up by letter ranges. I had three letter ranges therefore time to contact your highest dollar outstanding over thirty days.
What I learned at Ups was the ability to calm people and to articulate the proper information in a timely manner.
My co workers were very – more... professional and alot of fun.
The hardest part of my job was trying to keep my trial balance under a constant watch and to ensure high dollar accounts were called.
The most enjoyable part of Ups was the fundraisers we did with United Way for unfortunate families. – less

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more