UPS
5,656 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a nice place to work with a very expensive cafateria.
Dispatcher/Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 2, 2013
Pros: a paycheque
Cons: cut throat corporate mentality
Very strict military type management and not family oriented.Extremely cut throat corporate mentality. The other workers were fine but the corporate stuff was disgusting and inhumane.
It is OK
Clerk / Associate II (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 27, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: boring, compensation is not so great
It is good place to work if family is your priority.
The job is usually boring and repetitive- you get to do the same thing all day.
I have learned a lot about logistics business
Very high management turnover,my manager changed at least once a year and this effect business and employees in very negative way
Co-workers are usually High School graduates
Job – more... often requires lifting and prolonged time spent in cooler or on the machines
Low stress, you go home and don't have to worry about it – less
Account Management Associate
Credit Management Associate (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 26, 2013
Pros: medical and dental coverage
Cons: placing difficult employees with one another
A typical day at Ups was to look at all outstanding balances on your trial balance broken up by letter ranges. I had three letter ranges therefore time to contact your highest dollar outstanding over thirty days.
What I learned at Ups was the ability to calm people and to articulate the proper information in a timely manner.
My co workers were very – more... professional and alot of fun.
The hardest part of my job was trying to keep my trial balance under a constant watch and to ensure high dollar accounts were called.
The most enjoyable part of Ups was the fundraisers we did with United Way for unfortunate families. – less
It was good
Just an employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2013
Pros: good environment
Cons: difficult shifts
The job was good yet it was difficult to balance life due to the given shift (night work).
Repetitive, Chaotic
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2013
Was not the greatest work experience, there were no breaks and it was too chaotic
fun, productive
Sorter (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: good boss, good money
Cons: customers were rude sometimes but not often
it was a free good place to work. laid back and my first and favourite job
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN
General Labourer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2013
If we are work as a team is really have fun, its seems you never know the time is there already, time to go home,but the hardest part of my job is if the winter is coming because i`m working outside but happy sometimes because we have free coffee and bread from the management
Independent work environment/ great co worker
Delivery Person (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: goow work team
Cons: outside work
Enjoy the ability to work with the driver on the routes I was assigned - the time past quickly taking care of the packages we were responsible for. It was easy to determine that your job was successful as you had constant interaction with the customers. The hardest part of this job was when the weather was cold. I learned to plan around tight deadlines – more... and high expectations. – less
13$/h for a delivery driver
Driver (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: nice uniform
Cons: salary, benifits, trucks, mangers, culture
I Came to work for this joke company in Ricmond BC, they only offered me 13$/h for 345 deliveries a day.
If this not a real slavery in action what else can? worst place to work for

May 19, 2013

Dont you know that your salary will raise up to 30.00 per hour after 2.5 years????

Good place to work if you aren't afraid of work!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), AlbertaJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: long hours, poor work life balance
The hours are plentiful, this company isn't afraid to pay out a little overtime. whether you want it sometimes or not.
What can brown do for you?
Customer Service (Former Employee), Concord, ONJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: consistancy at work
Cons: long hours
A typical work day at UPS is walking in and jumping in your truck to make your deliveries. The hardesst part of the job is your customers and the enjoyable part of the job is also your customers. If you ever had a bad day at work it's because of your perspective. Dealing with people are never easy but with the right attitude your day will pass by quickly.
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, OntJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: this job kept me in shape
Cons: the job can also be physically demanding
A typical work day at United Parcel Service will be to develop and motivate employees in order to insure that company goals are achieved.
At United Parcel Service I also developed a skill of getting work done under pressure and in a fast paced environment
Great place to work with. Needs a little local organization. Worked hard, long yet rewarding hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: continuous growing experience. got better and better with time.
Cons: long hours!
Typical day is about 10 hours long. You need to have a love of people and dealing with customers. Very fast paced environment. At the time I was working there, there was some local disorganization, and my route on average has quite heavy in comparison to others, and I had to spend a lot of time reorganizing my deliveries for the day to minimize incomplete – more... runs. Loved my customers and the people I worked with. – less
Loved my Job..I did not agree with how the store was run.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONJanuary 17, 2013
I worked at a privately owned UPS Store, so I can not review the company as a whole but my experience was bad, the Owner and Manager were very inappropriate. I didn't fit in, I was trained on the customer is always right policy and believe in great customer service, this place was not a good fit for me :(
Great environment with hard working individuals but better management and trainers needed
Service Provider (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: help from co-workers
Cons: long hours
At this job i was responsible daily for delivering packages doing at least 90 stops a day. Ups delivery drivers experience a lot of busy days and sometimes its so busy and hard to get all packages delivered we cant even take lunch at times. I've learned a lot more about defensive driving and i guarantee that anyone who has done this job before or currently – more... doing this job is a profession driver. The company does a good job on training employers to become a professional driver but they dont do good enough with training employees on how to get the job done. – less
still my Vacation pay is pending
Package Handler – Preload (Part time) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: no pay for breaks
Cons: no vacation pay
Work place is OK...i quit ups in Nov 2012..and still i have not received my vacation pay..when i call them no body no knows what's going on..they told me that IM still a active member in the system. But i already received the ROE. Sucks in paying off what seems to be my money..
Healthy Working Environment
Customer Service Representative, Freight GBS (Current Employee), Cañada de Calatrava, CMJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: provides incentives and bonuses whenever goals are met.
Cons: from time to time there are mandatory over time(s) work are asked from the employees to render.
Working in UPS is a learning experience that directly attends to the needs of individual customers and corporate accounts when it comes to courier and shipment requirements.
Our management in UPS is very supportive of their employees. They even pinpoints employees that are qualified for promotion and even provide training for them to qualify them to – more... their desired position.
Working environment and culture are very conducive and promotes camaraderie, team work and professionalism among co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is when one is unable to satisfy a customers' needs and wants. But in the long run, there are sufficient work around in order to assist these types of customer(s).
Of course, the most enjoyable part of the job is when your receive a commendation from a very satisfied customer. Whenever they would ask for a supervisor and would give commendation for a job well done in supporting them. These things gives us a very light feeling with in the hearts of the employees. – less
Great People, disorganized dispatch.
Delivery Person (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 31, 2012
I loved the people I was woking with: what a great bunch of guys.
We worked hard and had a great time in doing so.

The only issue that arose was with pay. A coworker of mine worked at UPS for over a month and didn't receive a single paycheque so he had to leave.
Productive and fun work place with very high chance of moving forward.
Walker/Package and Bag Handler (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 19, 2012
Pros: short hours
Cons: able to lift 85lbs.
First half of the day is spent walking to deliver and pick up packages in an assign area.
The second half is spent helping the driver to make and pick up packages. Some load and unloading trucks. Always Accountable to client and Management in ensuring that client's expectation are met. Always enjoy a few laughs with co-workers before and after work. – more... The hardest part of the job was getting your feet through the door (getting the job).
The part i enjoy the most was how productive we were all together working as one TEAM.
Provided employer my two weeks notice because of move to another city. – less
fun place to work
Operations Manager Calgary Hub / Air operations (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 14, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours unforgiving schedule
hours too long, fair compensation, room for advancement etc...

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more