UPS Employee Reviews

friendly people, not a bad job
Helper / Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 January 2017
was a temp job to help with the holiday rush. good people to work for. i learned how the parcel service works and how important they are. enjoyed the customer service as well.
Great Company… However...
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON2 July 2015
Every company has its pros and cons. Ranging from a good management structure, employee advancement opportunities and many others perks and benefits. However, since the last several years with UPS, I have seen a decrease proper training for the management team (operations) and poor employee relations. As a result, the work has environment has become challenging and is not conducive to the employees mental and physical well being. The employees are treated as "less than," like if they were a piece of property that the company purchased. Furthermore, the employee moral is low.
Pros
Innovative Company
Cons
Poor management
Fast Based Work Place
Customer Service / Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2016
• Trained business owners on marketing/advertising strategies, logistics and best practice in customer service.

• Built business vision and mission, promotional policies & needs to develop public relations strategies that
ininfluenced ideas, products, & services.
typical day at work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON14 June 2016
first youd have to pick and then check and then pack and then shipp and then load the truck and then manifest sign off it goes
Pros
free cofee
Cons
No good for nothing management team what a joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2016
Managers are bad professional and should try to do half the work us front lines works do ..To mutch stress and back stabbing high rate of illegal firing job bad !!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
LONG HRS
Productive and enjoyable
Walker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 January 2017
I worked for ups during December as a walker, delivering packages on foot around my local area with a sled. Enjoyable, albeit cold.
Pros
Outside, fresh air
Cons
cold, lots of walking
Good part time work
Package Handler, Driver Helper, Preloader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 May 2016
pretty good place to work if your looking for part time work. If your young apply now. It would take you 5-10 years to be a full time driver
Pros
part time worker health benefits
Cons
not enough hours. hard to advance
Could better if they pay more
Package Sorter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 June 2016
I've been working with UPS over 2 years and it's good place to work, good benefits for part time, but pay is very bad at the beginning. The pay minimum wage first year, even though the job is $25 worth of work.
Slow pace, but quite place to work and relaxing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2016
My typical day at work would be helping customer face to face send packages, and shipment to different city and international, I would also handle questions over the phone regarding parcels and shipment and print jobs.

I open and close, mostly close and do the end of the day cash out and handle cash on a daily basis.
Cons
short hours
Not a bad place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 April 2016
Working for UPS summs up like this. BUSY! But fun. You meet alot of great people and a great team atmostphere. The management is a bit of a joke. But the employee's are great here.

I cannot stress this enough... Prepare to be BUSY!

The pay sucks at the start but stick with it and it will be a job that will easily carry you all the way to retirement.
Pros
Good pay after awhile, Union, Good people, Fun, Outdoors
Cons
Poor management
Good.
Package Handler/Pickoff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2016
Good place to be would return had a blast would return one day also would like to say the world was nice and let me work a lot it was a fun time to exist.
Competetive pay/benefits with little to none work/life balance...really long hours once full time management
Front-Line Operations Supervisor (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON24 March 2014
Great pay for a part time supervisor with tuition reimbursement as well as full benefits. A lot of room for advancement if you are willing to put in the time and dedication (may have to wait a while) internal promotions are a huge staying force at UPS. However, major turnoff is the long hours once you enter full time supervisor in operations as work/life balance is clearly non-existant which is a huge turn off for long term commitment in this job.
Pros
Competetive pay/ internal advancement
Cons
Long Hours for full time management/ no work life balance
worst place to work
Package sorter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2016
i hated working there. the co workers was ok to work with but management was really bad. the hardest part of the job is that it was hard to get a washroom break
Productive work
Owner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 September 2016
The ups stores are independently owned by the owners, dealing with packing, shipping, mail boxes,printing, graphic designing & other related services.
wonderful staff
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
co- workers made the job enjoyable to go to everyday. Gained lots of new knowledge. Worked in the warehouse and as a customer service representative.
Slavery Job
Pre Loader (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC5 April 2016
A typical day at work was like I was going to prison in the 1900 and was working as a slave. The work place is dirty and dangerous. Everyday you breath in dust and dirt. I used to blow my nose and black mucus came out. There is no team work. HR does not support you and even offers you to quit if you can't make the job / life balance work. The management are abusive and does not know how to be human and even less respectful. The manual labour is divided in 3 section. 1) People that load / unload the trucks 2) The drivers who we worked for since we loaded their trucks 3) Management. We got in trouble if the packages are not place in order in the truck by the driver and the management. We constantly have to fight management with the aid of our union who was understaffed and each pre-loader was overwhelm with the work load. As a consequence of the work load we would not even help each other. I left the job and remained with physical damages that took almost 2 years too heal after working 9 months only. Police were called because employees used to fight and even managers were suspended due to a fight due to racial comments. If there is one thing that I can say about that job is that it made me aggressive and even violent. My wife was afraid of me and could not recognize me. I wish I would have never found that job. It's all about the company and not the people working for it.
Cons
Fun place to work. I worked in west edmonton mall and made deliveries to almost all vendors in the mall.
Helper/Walker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2016
A typical day would start at 9:30 and we would do a sort of our five ton truck. Then deliver all of our timed deliveries. We need to work as a team to get our truck done. There is five off us who work out of this truck. We would divide up into five sections of the mall to get everything done on time. Time management was essential to get the job done.
no comment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 May 2016
Management is very hard to work for not worth the pay check pay is great if you don't mind working for a company who has no respect for its employess
you can handle a lot of type.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 September 2016
If you can handle some graphic programs include Indesign, easy to get a job and also having a big smile.
The company is so nice and kind.
some seasons are so busy.
Don't work for UPS
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 December 2015
This was the worst 2 years of my life.
UPS USED to be a great company to work for, not now. With the new contracts it takes 4 YEARS to make top rate. You might as well go to school and learn something transferable. You start at $13 and go up 50 cents every 6 months for 4 years.
There are basically No perks to this job. The company asks So much from their employers and give almost nothing in return. The only perk is they cover your benefits cost. BUT you work so much, you have no time to use them.
They are all about numbers, not logic. The management is terrible, they treat you like garbage. Full timers get worked crazy hard. They monitor everything you do and criticize everything. They have a very high turnover rate.
I had an issue with the work truck seats causing back problems. They had no interest in trying to solve this issue. I even had a very simple suggestion that didn't cost anything, I asked to use a truck that I found to be comfortable. They couldn't be bothered. They gave me the run around for months. I was off work for 2 weeks with a back injury because of them. I never had back problems before. Now that I no longer work there, my back is 100% again!

I love working, I have a very strong work ethic, I'm energetic. But this place broke me. I was depressed and hated every moment I was there. Work anywhere else!!!!
Thank heavens I got a new job. I had been searching for so long.
Pros
Cons
You are not a person to them