UPS Employee Reviews

productive fun
Key Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 September 2016
I learned excellent time management skills. how to thrive in a social environment. fun activities on some days. celebration of holidays (e.i christmas) and birthdays.
not recommened if you want hours
mall walker (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta10 April 2016
Worked as a helper and delivered in a mall. Was hired on the basis that I would be working 5 days a week and working minimum 4 hours. Was told I could leave after 4 hours. This was a lie. I would have to call in daily and maybe work and maybe not. In non christmas season I would work 2-3 days in 6 weeks on average. Still had to pay full union dues whether I worked or not.
Drivers get more shifts then helpers and if the deliveries on the road were slow they would bump mall walkers and that is why I hardly got hours.
The management continually break union rules and if us staff bring it up we get in trouble even though management were the ones breaking rules.
Definitely don't recommend them at all!
Pros
pay
Cons
not guaranteed hours
Fun work outside on the street
WALKER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2017
As a driver's assistant the priority is to organize the route packages to deliver them during the day to the customers. Making an electronic record of each and every one of them according to the rules of the company.
Possible resonable paying job if you can put up with being ground to dust
Full Time Driver (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC26 August 2016
Typical day of work includes being over-dispatched(overworked) for no reason other than the Company wants to make higher profit margins. Their version of an 8 hour day is really 9+ (YOUR personal life is irrelevant). Great if you love overtime, BAD if you have a Family you actually want to see. LONG way to "top wage". They will destroy your mind & body long before you get there.
Pros
Approximately $30/hr CDN if you can get there
Cons
Long days, depressing work, work in weather extremes
Horrible Owners
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC21 July 2016
Franchise Owner is a joke. Fires people illegally, makes you work long hours with no overtime, abuses his employees and stock by forcing free work constantly. Do NOT work for the one in Vernon.
Pros
zero
Cons
everything
Great place for your first job
Sales Represetative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 January 2017
great place for you to start your first job. You get to learn organizational skills and you get to have great interactions with the public. Its a great job for after school or even during school breaks.
Productive on a Daily Basis
Air Mail Driver (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC5 March 2017
Each day brought you to a new area of the city. Giving you a chance to meet various individuals. Very pleasant environment to work in each day. Thoroughly enjoyable.
could be a better company
warehouse assoiate 2 (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 December 2016
I am not to happy with this company. due to the pay is horrible. They treat their employees like garbage. they want so much from their employees an give nothing in return.
Pros
Cons
everything
great place to work
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2017
got to meet great customers.
taught me lots about customer service
enjoyed driving trucks.
learning new areas of the city in short periods of time were challenging
Pros
bonus
Cons
none at this time
its a very good learning place with future apportunities
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 June 2016
A typical day at work when it is quarter end when you learn how to meet good result on time. If we work hard and honest and respect co workers. it will be fun place to work. nothing is hard as far as we are willing to do it. and when you accomplish your duties end of the day. this is most enjoyble part of job
Pros
flexibility
Cons
nothing
easy work and fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2017
good job for security, the employees are nice to each other and it's hard to make mistakes. I usually work there during the Christmas holidays when its busy which I find fun
Package Handler
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC5 March 2017
Work in a warehouse loading trucks and unloading. Sorting the packages to their appropriate destinations. Hard on the back if you force yourself too much.
dont have alot to say
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 December 2016
as my personnel experience , I really don't have anything good to say . I feel I was badly treated there . but not saying all is bad . for some other people it could be good .
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough pay for operating machinery
friendly people, not a bad job
Helper / Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 January 2017
was a temp job to help with the holiday rush. good people to work for. i learned how the parcel service works and how important they are. enjoyed the customer service as well.
great people to work with
Warehouse picker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 December 2016
Overall a great place to work.I am currently looking for something different.I would like to work in a company where i can move up.
Work
Preferred Customer Accounts (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC24 May 2016
A typical day at work is long and very diversified in calls, i learned to manage my work pressure and manage the customers accordingly to the situation, co-workers treat you like a Team. Hardest part is finding a solution instantly, and the most enjoyable part of the job is solving a customers issue . location lachine
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not suitable for new parents, no aknowledgement
Productive and enjoyable
Walker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 January 2017
I worked for ups during December as a walker, delivering packages on foot around my local area with a sled. Enjoyable, albeit cold.
Pros
Outside, fresh air
Cons
cold, lots of walking
Good company
Inbound (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 April 2016
Working there is easy you get trained but its repetitive work and you do not work weekends witch it's good for who don't want to work weekends . They start you off with a good hourly pay but raises are great. Fridays you get catered food for all.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Raises
Busy and nice company to work for.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 April 2016
Ups is a good warehouse offers great benefits but raises are ok. Lunches are on schedule and Fridays catered food. Co-workers are great and easy to work with. Repetitive work but you have weekends off.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
raises
working at UPS kept me busy
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 October 2016
I enjoy working in a place that I can keep busy because I am a very energetic person and love being on the go. the hardest part about the job was lifting very heavy things or dealing with spills that occurred in the work place. the drivers at UPS were very nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
off by noon
Cons
short hours