UPS Employee Reviews

steady place
CUSTOMER CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 July 2017
taking personal address information from clts
packaging parcels,
take orders for various items from clts
these are just a few things that this job entails

Management is nice.
Miss this place of work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 July 2017
I enjoyed working for UPS however after 12 years of experience in Leadership and I expressed an interest in broadening experience to warehouse they frowned on my abilities to be able to perform duties. However advancement in my current position did not allow further advancement
Pros
loved the people
Cons
no advancement
I was in a very small store and so there was little interaction with anyone.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 July 2017
It was not an easy job. I knew nothing about the workings of this job and I did not have any employees when I started and only had one for a short period of time who did not know anything about the job as well. I was basically put into a position where there was very little chance of success.
A great place for advancement within the company however poor management and training.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON7 July 2017
reach truck
counterbalance
communication skills
analytical skills
detail oriented work
intense labor
schedule was never set, always fluctuating
long days
Terrible place to work
Administrative Data Entry and Clerical (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 July 2017
Terrible place to work. They Never promote anyone. Never give raises, they only offer part-time. VERY unreasonable management. Also rude management. Favouritism at it's best.
benefits
Cons
rude management, unreasonable management, no hours, no security
Friendly atmosphere to work in
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON6 July 2017
I currently still work here. Hours that UPS offers are not more than 5 hours per night. I have the opportunity of working as a forklift operator, loading trucks, and scanning boxes.
Horrible place to work- feel like slave labour
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2017
I worked there for a few shifts. In the interview was "hired" as management. Did nothing but load trucks by hand for minimum wage. Terrible place to work. Nothing good to say about it.
Pros
Norhing.
Cons
Where to start.....
not sure
International Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
I worked here and I loved it the only issue was it was part time only or I would have stayed forever. I did all the processing of packages to go international so when the drivers came back he gave them to us and we made sure everything was correct like the paperwork,invoice,custom paper wtc
Pros
Fun
Cons
Fun
Excellent workplace
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2017
It's undoubtedly an excellent workplace with high business ethics and professionalism. Team members share a great bond with each other and the managers are highly supportive. Awesome experience indeed!
Big company with different sets of Management rules
IT - Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 June 2017
Enjoyed my time with different management around as it's a big corporation there are different rules and regulations. Nothing to say as it's a good name to have it on your resume.
Pros
Loved working with different teams globaly
Cons
Politics
Productive and efficient workplace with wide range of job experience
Digital Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 June 2017
On a typical day, I would check ID and collect signature for courier pick-ups, call customers to come in to pick up their courier or medical supplies, collect signatures for medical supplies, call mailbox holders for mail notifications, and help carry outgoing shipments to the loading spot, as well as incoming shipments into the store.
I learned customer service skills and how to team up with managers for difficult situations. The hardest part of the job is managing the constant stream of customers that are getting different services. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating promotional advertisements and posters for the store.
The workplace provided small snacks and sandwich materials to help keep staff on-track, energized, and focused. They also provided friendly job coaching and training to help new staff slowly introduced to the many possible tasks.
Pros
free lunches, snacks, great team.
Tough but Fair
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
It is what it is Tough work all day everyday, but none the less you can meet great people, and stay for the company, Ever wanted to lift weights and get paid? Here You Are
amazing workplace but its hard to move up.
Supply Chain Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
Great place to learn a lot about the logistics industry.
Management was very supportive all the way.
The only negative part - Its really tough to move up in this company as the advancement part was too slow.
Productive and flexible place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2017
Worked night shift it can be rather easy in the summer tome but when the christmas rush comes in expect long nights and make sure to be in very good physical condition. They are very flexible with your hours no reason not to apply.
Pros
Free lunch some fridays
Cons
Takes a toll on your body over time
Work Hard Play Hard
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
UPS is a good job but one that needs a strong individual. The stress level is very high, and if you are not one who does well under pressure or gets angry quickly than this is not the place for you.
A Stake and Potatoes Kind of Job
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 June 2017
Being on the group lever of UPS. one is still regarded as having capacity to operate an any role under the unionized jobs. opportunities in unionized jobs are not restricted to internal candidates
Pros
understand management
Cons
Not a space for free thinking
Very good workplace to get a feel of the printing and designing field
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 June 2017
Everyday can be different with different customers coming in wanting a new design and seeing their faces seeing their ideas printed on paper is worth it. Granted there are moments when you don't hit the mark right away but that's the best part about designing, right back to the computer and make those subtle or major changes.

My boss is nice to me and the customers for either shipping or printing.
Pros
Excellent at getting your foot in the door in the Graphic Design field
Cons
Must work under stress and deadlines
Packing and Shipping
Assistant to owner (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON7 June 2017
First week I learned how to packing boxes and shipping, I learned to used computers for shipping, printed, coppies and I learnet to used Fax, I separed emails box, etc.
Pros
20 min
Cons
4 hours
Factory hard labor work and not recommended
Package Handler / Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON6 June 2017
Very tough company to go up in rankings. Very tough work load and day to day duties. Factory heavy lifting the air inside is terrible to breathe, your back will be hurting and it is not worth the 4 hour slavery shifts.
Fast paced job, great for students
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2017
As a part-time employee my shifts were short but hard work, and very fast paced. UPS is a great place for students to work. Offering decent salaries, and fairly good benefits.