UPS Employee Reviews in Canada

Different Everyday
Driver's Helper (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 3, 2016
Well the job i had it was different everyday as i never had the same thing to do everyday new people to meet some areas i have never been in it was quite an adventure
Pros
Mysterious
Cons
Somewhat tired everyday
Fast paced and fast learning.
Small Sort Dept. (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 20, 2014
I enjoyed my short time at UPS. We did a lot of sorting small packages and sweeping customs. I did learn how to do inventory and track mail by postal codes. Management was all over the place, with most being great but due to the large amount of young men on my shift , it sort of felt like school. My co-workers were ok but a tight group who made it hard to feel like fitting in. When I devised a plan with my manager who was young but learning for cleaning, some of the people were not impressed. I was not impressed with being left to clean everything and do garbage forever. You pay some dues as a new person but the treatment was wrong. I only count a few bad apples in a large environment but they were enough. I was happy to leave.
Pros
great benefits, good pay
Cons
like working in high school
Ugh, that secretary at HR
packaging (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONNovember 3, 2015
A month ago I went to an interview and the HR secretary seems to have an attitude and always on the phone, listening to music and talking to someone for the longest time when people are waiting preciously for 30 minutes, waiting for her to finish her conversation. UPS needs to fire her. Very poor.

Also the employees also seem to have an attitude, not sure if its the job, but working 3-5 hrs isnt stressful .
Pros
No pros
Cons
there is so much
This job is one of my best jobs I've ever had.
UPS (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 13, 2014
This company has benefits and lots of hours i was accumulating. The people i worked with were amazing. The job was a "go,go'' type of job, so with experience i really think this job really trained me to get jobs done really fast and efficient. The hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with more than expected packages a day and not knowing addresses to deliver them to,it gets really stressful. One day at work when me and my co worker opened the back of the truck we were surprised by the amount of packages there were because we couldn't even get throughout to the back of the truck to start organizing. Other than that days at work go by very fast and keeps me in shape.
Pros
customers get used to seeing me so they give tip, when its not to busy we get to leave early
Cons
when its really busy we have to stay long hours, do not appreciate working in cold weather not comfortable
Good Pay
Package Car Driver (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 19, 2015
UPS is steadily growing the Canadian market. It is a great company for younger persons starting their career. You can work long hours and be well compensated. Unionized environment provides employees with good benefits.
Pros
good remuneration
Cons
culture of fear
Very Corporate
Health and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 3, 2015
Long hours. Company is very well managed, A lot of metrics involved which will either help you or hurt you along the way.

Great co-workers
Fun atmosphere
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 4, 2016
Always had a good day, the customers were great and it was a well ran company. I worked here temporarily, as it was a busy time of the year for the company.
warehouse lead hand
Warehouse Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2016
general warehouse lead hand duties loading and unloading trucks and containers in a large high volume warehouse. general opening and closing responcibilities
Working with UPS was enjoyable
UPS Driver Helper Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Scanned and pre recorded packages. Dropped off packages to houses and buildings. Worked in a truck. Had to deliver packages at a fast pace.
Hard work, not entirely convenient for starting
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 11, 2015
the hours were quite random for night shifts, and the pay for starting was minimum wage, though you were doing the same amount of work as everyone else in the warehouse. Management was accommodating but their were rules in place that made their job harder to do.
Challenging
Materials Management Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2013
Go over supply orders for clients & try to fulfill all the orders in a timely manner along with working closely with the Loss Prevention & Overstock departments to make sure any misaddressed packages are accounted for delivered intact. I've learned a lot from my direct manager about purchasing protocols & negotiation techniques. as well as reducing cost and overhead. We had a good team in the Materials Management department that handled all aspects of purchasing & supply internal & external customers with on demand supply deliveries. It was hard to keep up with learning new material daily at the start, but all that made it enjoyable to learn. I was & still am hungry to learn new things in my personal & professional life.
Pros
travelling to different locations & branches of the compapny
Cons
salary did not reflect effort
would have been a perfect job
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 6, 2015
very good job but in the end there was a severe lack of hours, i was a package car loader, and the hours were cut down to 13-15 from 25 which was not enough.
Pros
hours of the day
Cons
part time hours.
Worst company ever.
Package Car Driver (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 30, 2015
UPS is the worst company i ever worked for. Management is clueless, they hire you as full time worker and then give you work for 2/3 days a week, and every morning you have to call them an hour before your shift to see if they have work. That is the reason their 70% of new hires leave jobs.
Pros
Cons
everything about it
Account Management Associate
Credit Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 26, 2013
A typical day at Ups was to look at all outstanding balances on your trial balance broken up by letter ranges. I had three letter ranges therefore time to contact your highest dollar outstanding over thirty days.
What I learned at Ups was the ability to calm people and to articulate the proper information in a timely manner.
My co workers were very professional and alot of fun.
The hardest part of my job was trying to keep my trial balance under a constant watch and to ensure high dollar accounts were called.
The most enjoyable part of Ups was the fundraisers we did with United Way for unfortunate families.
Pros
medical and dental coverage
Cons
placing difficult employees with one another
fast-paced, needing accuracy and speed to advance
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 9, 2013
Retrieving customs paperwork for shipments bound for the US; entering all information on a database; ensuring all relevant paperwork is sent to the border authorities in order to clear customs; resolve discrepancies and/or contact customers to obtain missing paperwork.
Attention to detail, meeting deadlines and accuracy whilst inputting data.
Strong management team.
Good relationship with all co-workers - essential to meet service delivery standards.
Evening/twilight shift, therefore late afternoon start and late finish.
Good teamwork ethic, great co-workers who show their appreciation for hard work
Pros
very good health and dental benefits
Cons
evening shift wouldn't fit into family life very well
Effective Experience
Brokerage Rater (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJanuary 25, 2016
It was good job and effective experience with respectful involvement.
I had good friend there and most of people were friendly.
I had good training.
productive and fun workplace
Key Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  toronto, onOctober 21, 2015
fast-paced environment
exciting and ability to grow in the company
management is good
the job challenges me to grow in areas where I gain more knowledge
Pros
nice environment
Cons
short hours
Great fun atmosphere
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 20, 2015
I go into work stretch my body before any lifting. I then set up my work station. I learned in order to make everyones day easier, people have to work together. The management treated everyone equality.
Pros
fair treatment
Cons
short breaks
Firendly envirenment
Directory Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBNovember 3, 2015
Friendly environment.
Equal opportunity.
Many possibilities to advance.
Accepting diversities culture.
Respect to employees.
Working as a team.
Physically demanding, but a great team to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ONOctober 10, 2014
Working for UPS really improved my teamwork skills. We all need each other in some way and it's great. There are times we work independently,too.

Every day is different. Some days there's more volume and you really have to keep up. It can be challenging, but I love every minute of it.
Pros
the people i work with with really make the job. we also have benefits, which is nice. not too many companies offer that.
Cons
the only downside is that sometimes we don't get enough hours.