UPS Employee Reviews

working at UPS kept me busy
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 October 2016
I enjoy working in a place that I can keep busy because I am a very energetic person and love being on the go. the hardest part about the job was lifting very heavy things or dealing with spills that occurred in the work place. the drivers at UPS were very nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
off by noon
Cons
short hours
Hard very straight forward job
Yard Crew (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON8 December 2015
very hard place to work at, the managers are very strict and lazy never help out and were never outside. for the supervisors mistakes we would have to correct them and for our hard work the supervisor and manager would get all the praise.
Pros
free food and clothing
Cons
long cold days
Don't work for UPS
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 December 2015
This was the worst 2 years of my life.
UPS USED to be a great company to work for, not now. With the new contracts it takes 4 YEARS to make top rate. You might as well go to school and learn something transferable. You start at $13 and go up 50 cents every 6 months for 4 years.
There are basically No perks to this job. The company asks So much from their employers and give almost nothing in return. The only perk is they cover your benefits cost. BUT you work so much, you have no time to use them.
They are all about numbers, not logic. The management is terrible, they treat you like garbage. Full timers get worked crazy hard. They monitor everything you do and criticize everything. They have a very high turnover rate.
I had an issue with the work truck seats causing back problems. They had no interest in trying to solve this issue. I even had a very simple suggestion that didn't cost anything, I asked to use a truck that I found to be comfortable. They couldn't be bothered. They gave me the run around for months. I was off work for 2 weeks with a back injury because of them. I never had back problems before. Now that I no longer work there, my back is 100% again!

I love working, I have a very strong work ethic, I'm energetic. But this place broke me. I was depressed and hated every moment I was there. Work anywhere else!!!!
Thank heavens I got a new job. I had been searching for so long.
Pros
Cons
You are not a person to them
friendly people, not a bad job
Helper / Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 January 2017
was a temp job to help with the holiday rush. good people to work for. i learned how the parcel service works and how important they are. enjoyed the customer service as well.
Great job
Delivery Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2015
UPS is a great company to work for. The pay and benefits are more than worth it for the job that I was doing delivering packages. The co-workers are great, and the management knows the ins and outs of what the employees go through every day, because they have the same experience.
Horrible Owners
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC21 July 2016
Franchise Owner is a joke. Fires people illegally, makes you work long hours with no overtime, abuses his employees and stock by forcing free work constantly. Do NOT work for the one in Vernon.
Pros
zero
Cons
everything
its a very good learning place with future apportunities
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 June 2016
A typical day at work when it is quarter end when you learn how to meet good result on time. If we work hard and honest and respect co workers. it will be fun place to work. nothing is hard as far as we are willing to do it. and when you accomplish your duties end of the day. this is most enjoyble part of job
Pros
flexibility
Cons
nothing
great people to work with
Warehouse picker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 December 2016
Overall a great place to work.I am currently looking for something different.I would like to work in a company where i can move up.
bad environment
Pre loader and driver helper (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 November 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is going home when your done its not a fun place to work unless your higher up. ups isn't very respect to employees. they only want profits any means necessary.
Pros
good money
Cons
fast pace harassment
Productive and enjoyable
Walker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 January 2017
I worked for ups during December as a walker, delivering packages on foot around my local area with a sled. Enjoyable, albeit cold.
Pros
Outside, fresh air
Cons
cold, lots of walking
great office environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 November 2016
i hope i can continue work at ups store, spend one of best time of my life in those 3 years,
i learn shipment of goods,
we do all kind of printing and sears catalogue pick up.
Fast pace work environment with efficient driving skills
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2016
Have done different kind of jobs. Overall great experience. Had gain enormous amount of knowledge and work ethics. Love to utilize my experience in my upcoming opportunity.
Pros
Weather conditions
Cons
Extra hours
Great learning experience
Part Time Operations Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2016
I enjoyed working here. Unfortunately, it was an oncall job and the days were inconsistent. There no bad part. Regular training on devices and appropriate conductin a courtroom setting.
Competetive pay/benefits with little to none work/life balance...really long hours once full time management
Front-Line Operations Supervisor (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON24 March 2014
Great pay for a part time supervisor with tuition reimbursement as well as full benefits. A lot of room for advancement if you are willing to put in the time and dedication (may have to wait a while) internal promotions are a huge staying force at UPS. However, major turnoff is the long hours once you enter full time supervisor in operations as work/life balance is clearly non-existant which is a huge turn off for long term commitment in this job.
Pros
Competetive pay/ internal advancement
Cons
Long Hours for full time management/ no work life balance
productive fun
Key Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 September 2016
I learned excellent time management skills. how to thrive in a social environment. fun activities on some days. celebration of holidays (e.i christmas) and birthdays.
productive and fun workplace
Walker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
usually went on thru thru the day and rarely fatigue.
I've learned to use a diad scanner and release deliveries.
the management was excellent.
my co workers made the day and job a lot easier by properly explaining my equipment and job.
the hardest part of the job would've been getting used to the diad and operating it with no light in the dark.
the most part i enjoyed about my job was customer satisfaction, and the bond with my co workers.
no fun bad salary
supervisor manager (Current Employee) –  marcel laurin14 December 2015
ok to work pretty secure but no advancement unless you are liked. ( kiss a..) Salary is terrible benefits are good atmosphere can get pretty bad employees treated like a number
Pros
will be around for ever
Cons
salary
This job is one of my best jobs I've ever had.
UPS (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 January 2014
This company has benefits and lots of hours i was accumulating. The people i worked with were amazing. The job was a "go,go'' type of job, so with experience i really think this job really trained me to get jobs done really fast and efficient. The hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with more than expected packages a day and not knowing addresses to deliver them to,it gets really stressful. One day at work when me and my co worker opened the back of the truck we were surprised by the amount of packages there were because we couldn't even get throughout to the back of the truck to start organizing. Other than that days at work go by very fast and keeps me in shape.
Pros
customers get used to seeing me so they give tip, when its not to busy we get to leave early
Cons
when its really busy we have to stay long hours, do not appreciate working in cold weather not comfortable
Challenging
Materials Management Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2013
Go over supply orders for clients & try to fulfill all the orders in a timely manner along with working closely with the Loss Prevention & Overstock departments to make sure any misaddressed packages are accounted for delivered intact. I've learned a lot from my direct manager about purchasing protocols & negotiation techniques. as well as reducing cost and overhead. We had a good team in the Materials Management department that handled all aspects of purchasing & supply internal & external customers with on demand supply deliveries. It was hard to keep up with learning new material daily at the start, but all that made it enjoyable to learn. I was & still am hungry to learn new things in my personal & professional life.
Pros
travelling to different locations & branches of the compapny
Cons
Salary did not reflect effort
Fast paced and fast learning.
Small Sort Dept. (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 May 2014
I enjoyed my short time at UPS. We did a lot of sorting small packages and sweeping customs. I did learn how to do inventory and track mail by postal codes. Management was all over the place, with most being great but due to the large amount of young men on my shift , it sort of felt like school. My co-workers were ok but a tight group who made it hard to feel like fitting in. When I devised a plan with my manager who was young but learning for cleaning, some of the people were not impressed. I was not impressed with being left to clean everything and do garbage forever. You pay some dues as a new person but the treatment was wrong. I only count a few bad apples in a large environment but they were enough. I was happy to leave.
Pros
great benefits, good pay
Cons
like working in high school