UPS Employee Reviews in Canada

Work Environment
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
I strive to work within an establishment that is willing to motivate and elevate their employees. A motivated employee leads to a happy employee which is equal to a productive employee.
I believe in team playing and team building. A chain is as weak as its weakest link.
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 26, 2016
It's an enjoyable place to work once you know your job and the requirements of that job. Training is a little lax but other than that, I love it.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Training
busy and fast pace working environment
Montreal Imports Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QCJune 3, 2016
- daily regular workload
- always learning new updated customs régulations
- helpful and understanding co-wortkers
- good fast-pace, but may be stressful working environment
Could better if they pay more
Package Sorter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 2, 2016
I've been working with UPS over 2 years and it's good place to work, good benefits for part time, but pay is very bad at the beginning. The pay minimum wage first year, even though the job is $25 worth of work.
High wages
Pre Load Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 6, 2016
They can be a little hard on employees, but the pay and job security are great. Management can be a little hard on employees from time to time, but that is to be expected in a production based environment.
Pros
high wages
UPS Supervisor
Part-Time Supervisor/Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
Good company overall, although operations are tough and stressful, a lot of the shifts are at night time
Odd hours and very inflexible based schedule
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Unionized staff
Worked at a moderate speed
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 9, 2016
Helped customers with whatevrr they needed help with such as shipping, printing, faxing. Worked a lot on the computer more than anything else.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Early mornings
Horrible enviroment
Driver helper/Pre loader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 16, 2015
Horrible Management treat people like slaves not like humans only expect more from you than expect as detail. all Co-workers had a bad attitude just like working in a prison everyone try to just stab you in the back to get you in trouble.
Pros
great hours
Cons
Management and not enough pay
fast paced environment
ups driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 27, 2014
It was go go go, there, packed are trucks up in the mornings, and i delivered until i was done, sometime this meant delivering 160 different packages to customers in a day during christmas, it was stress full, lots of time requirements, but i enjoyed doing it and was good at it, but in the end, after christmas, they let me go, and i resent them for it, i busted my but for them, and i got fired for it, i took them to the labour board, and i won, wrongful dismissal.
Pros
good salary after 2 and half years
Cons
long hours during winter, stressfull, building falling apart
Overall rating $ 18.00
Administration Assistant/Dock Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
A typical day at work was my first night of reporting to work. It was my first day to work at night in my whole entire life, I felt sleepy,tied and missed very much for my bed including the children. Gradually I learned to stay awake and began to focus, performed duties well and ended up working at UPS for 9 years until most of employees were laid off including myself. I managed and organized employee relationship meetings in order to improve occupational Health and safety problems and other related work duties. I communicated well with my co-workers and worked as team in order to achieve future goals for the organization. The hardest part of the job was when economy was beginning to decline, less productions or percales were received and obviously we knew that soon or later, UPS will eliminate some of full time employees in order to avoid expenses and benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job, was that every Christmas, UPS provided huge turkeys and bonuses (money) to all employees, and every month employees who had high productions were receiving gift vouchers for gas, movies or supermarket food
Pros
free lunches hours
Cons
over time hours and weekends when busy
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  160-2 County Court Blvd., Brampton ON L6W 4V1March 6, 2016
Helps to learn more about different people and how to handle different situation. Also has a nice superior who helps us in every situation when needed.
Competetive pay/benefits with little to none work/life balance...really long hours once full time management
Front-Line Operations Supervisor (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONMarch 24, 2014
Great pay for a part time supervisor with tuition reimbursement as well as full benefits. A lot of room for advancement if you are willing to put in the time and dedication (may have to wait a while) internal promotions are a huge staying force at UPS. However, major turnoff is the long hours once you enter full time supervisor in operations as work/life balance is clearly non-existant which is a huge turn off for long term commitment in this job.
Pros
competetive pay/ internal advancement
Cons
long hours for full time management/ no work life balance
worst place to work
Package sorter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
i hated working there. the co workers was ok to work with but management was really bad. the hardest part of the job is that it was hard to get a washroom break
typical day at work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONJune 14, 2016
first youd have to pick and then check and then pack and then shipp and then load the truck and then manifest sign off it goes
Pros
free cofee
Cons
A decent place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QCFebruary 21, 2015
Basically, it's a decent place to work at. The good points are: flexibility, very good benefits, promotion from within, and almost impossible to get fired. The bad points: very bureaucratic, borderline-useless management, and almost impossible to get fired (a lot of useless people who shouldn't work there).
fast paced job working with great people
international office supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2015
I am a brokerage office supervisor at United Parcel Service which means I oversee an office of 11 employees. An average day sees me trouble shooting various issues (customer queries, logistic concerns, etc). In my 8 years working at UPS I have learned a lot about getting a job done in a timely manner because at UPS the only thing we can provide our customers is the service they expect each time they ship a package. It is very gratifying when I can phone a customer and let them know their package or packages will be delivered on time. I have worked with some great people through the years. The majority of my employees have been with UPS since they opened up shop in Winnipeg back in 1988 and they have been all too quick to pass their knowledge and experiences on to me. A supervisor is only as good as his or her employees and I have been blessed with professional and hard working employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can talk with my employees on a personal level and just have a nice conversation.
Pros
flexible hours, good benefits
Cons
not enough incentives for staff
Good Company to work for
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Friendly environment, good advantages for school and bonuses at three months and 1 year dates, high pay for part time hours.
Table Tennis
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Table tennis is fun sport. it requires flexibility, strength and balance. People playing this sport have good body posture.

Table tennis is fun to play or very enjoyable to watch too.
Great Job
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONApril 19, 2016
Great management, Great environment, job security, clean work place, reasonable and competitive pay, reasonable and competitive benefits after one year of service
no comment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 18, 2016
Management is very hard to work for not worth the pay check pay is great if you don't mind working for a company who has no respect for its employess