UPS Employee Reviews in Canada

Work Environment
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
I strive to work within an establishment that is willing to motivate and elevate their employees. A motivated employee leads to a happy employee which is equal to a productive employee.
I believe in team playing and team building. A chain is as weak as its weakest link.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  160-2 County Court Blvd., Brampton ON L6W 4V1March 6, 2016
Helps to learn more about different people and how to handle different situation. Also has a nice superior who helps us in every situation when needed.
Fun place to work. I worked in west edmonton mall and made deliveries to almost all vendors in the mall.
Helper/Walker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
A typical day would start at 9:30 and we would do a sort of our five ton truck. Then deliver all of our timed deliveries. We need to work as a team to get our truck done. There is five off us who work out of this truck. We would divide up into five sections of the mall to get everything done on time. Time management was essential to get the job done.
UPS a diverse company, second largest parcel service in Canada, consist of share and stake holders. A billionaire company with a lot room to grow
Revenue Recovery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2900 Steeles Avenue, Concord. ONMarch 1, 2016
Very good company to work with, challenge at times but keep my focus, enjoyed working with people. Ups is a multicultural company with many benefits.
Good
Walker/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Midland, ONFebruary 26, 2016
UPS was a fun job for me. I enjoyed my co-worker and the work. I enjoyed being outside and also interacting with our customers. Unfortunately it was only a seasonal job.
Pros
Indepently working.
Cons
weather conditions
Fun and Fast Paced work environment
Walker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
I loved working for UPS as a seasonal walker. The driver I was paired with had a great personality, and always took the time to make sure I was fully prepared before leaving me to my route. I have nothing but positive things to say about UPS and the employment opportunity they provided me.
Pros
Never staying in the same place for too long
Unorganized work place and low wages
Seasonal helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 24, 2016
Not the best to work at. There is two tier waging and you often work harder than your peers for much less money.

Very poorly organized employer. There system could be 100 times better.
Productive and Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 18, 2016
I was placed here for a temporary contract and it was a great work experience. The managers were friendly and welcoming. I was sad to leave when the contract ended.
Pros
Great coworkers
Working with UPS was enjoyable
UPS Driver Helper Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Scanned and pre recorded packages. Dropped off packages to houses and buildings. Worked in a truck. Had to deliver packages at a fast pace.
warehouse lead hand
Warehouse Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2016
general warehouse lead hand duties loading and unloading trucks and containers in a large high volume warehouse. general opening and closing responcibilities
Fun atmosphere
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 4, 2016
Always had a good day, the customers were great and it was a well ran company. I worked here temporarily, as it was a busy time of the year for the company.
Fun workplace
Truck Loader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 2, 2016
Productive and fun place to work in. It has a fair salary and with good benefits/incentives. The hardest part of the job is when it's peek season because there are lots boxes and are too heavy. The enjoyable part of the job is having nice and friendly co-workers around.
Pros
free coffees
Cons
short hours of work
Awful Experience
Preloader (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Don't be fooled. This is a seasonal only job although they dont advertise it. You will be hired in a group of 4 or 5 people and promised things like benefits, unionized, pension, top rate of pay amongst others. You are only their as a helper to handlencurrent overflow.

The Management at UPS have no compassion for individuals trying to raise a family looking for a promising opportunity only to find out I've been lied to and the job is a temporary helper position, which the management at UPS will wait till your last shift needed before telling you.

DON'T BE FOOLED.....THIS IS A TERRIBLE JOB AND OFFERS NO LONGEVITY WHATSOEVER.
Pros
Cons
THIS IS A TEMPORARY JOB
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 26, 2016
It's an enjoyable place to work once you know your job and the requirements of that job. Training is a little lax but other than that, I love it.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Training
Effective Experience
Brokerage Rater (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJanuary 25, 2016
It was good job and effective experience with respectful involvement.
I had good friend there and most of people were friendly.
I had good training.
Welcoming, productive workplace with co-workers willing to share their knowledge and assist one another.
Brokerage Representative II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2016
UPS-SCS is a fast paced environment that keeps me on my toes. A complex shipment at hand or workload requiring multi-tasking serves as an energizing force for me. Furthermore, it is always rewarding to see the end result in light of a successful release and customer satisfaction. It is a very welcoming environment to work in exhibited in employees’ willingness to assist each other with projects or workloads. Furthermore, senior employees are open to share their knowledge and expertise with new / junior employees. Thus, if one is eager to learn one may do so by finding mentorship among the senior custom broker representatives.
Learning Experience
Mail Room Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Working at UPS was a learning experience where I was given the opportunities to do more than what my original position intended.

This was only a seasonal position.
Good Company to work for
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Friendly environment, good advantages for school and bonuses at three months and 1 year dates, high pay for part time hours.
Family (Married couple) owned franchise
Graphic Design & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABJanuary 5, 2016
The owners of this franchise were not prepared or equipt with the skills to run a business. They also brought their marital/personal life into the store, which greatly affected the daily opperations of the business.
Pros
Locally convenient, fantastic clientelle
Cons
Management: married couple
Part-time Warehouse Supervisor / Sorter (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I worked part time a supervisor and sorter, hardest part of this job was when we were under staffed, what I learned from this job is how to multitask and work underheavy pressure. The most thing I loved about thisjob was working with alot of great people.
Pros
COMPANY PENSION
Cons
NO FULL TIME