UPS Employee Reviews

A place to grow
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 November 2016
I have worked at UPS SCS for seven wonderful years. the staff and management are kind and supportive. It is a wonderful place to climb the corporate ladder as long as you are willing to work.
Great Job
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON19 April 2016
Great management, Great environment, job security, clean work place, reasonable and competitive pay, reasonable and competitive benefits after one year of service
physical job
Chauffeur (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC26 October 2016
I've learned many runs at UPS many area's. I'm soo much better on the road now. I have great good co-workers. We all help each other.the thing that I don't like is long hours you never know at what time you will finished. it's a 10 hour day.
Ups
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2016
They are a very secure and well established company.
But family life during the week is minimal and I'm a family man .
you are treated as a number not a human .
Good pay good benefits fun job but terrible management .Pushed to your max everyday , and no thanks just more the next day . Modern day slavery .
Pros
healthy life style, work outdoor, meet lots of people .
Cons
poorly treated and alwasy pushed to the max .
Enjoyable place
Prairie Region Brokerage Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
The work was enjoyable and challenging, I enjoyed my peers. I enjoyed the travel and the training was great. The team was always near by to assist.
Pros
home office
Cons
management challenges
Demonstrate ability to work hard.
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  1930 Derry Rd. East8 September 2016
A day working at UPS is you need to be able to multi task and set timelines.

I learned management, reporting skills and relationships with other business partners.

Working with my co-workers was good.

Analyzing data making sure you had the correct information.
High wages
Pre Load Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS6 June 2016
They can be a little hard on employees, but the pay and job security are great. Management can be a little hard on employees from time to time, but that is to be expected in a production based environment.
Pros
high wages
Fast-Paced Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 September 2016
Fast-paced work environment with prompt deadlines to meet in the Sales department. Co-workers were great but it was a highly fast-paced job with strict quotas to meet. Loved working in the sales department working with new clientele, etc.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stressful at times
Co is interested in packages more than the people
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 December 2016
The msnagement is interested in achieving their pph (package per hour) more than dealing with the people needs.the shifts ate changing daily someyimes they give 7 hours shifts and sometimes they send us home after 3 hours. You can not build a family on a changing schedule like that
fast pace work place,Very hot or cold depending on the season.Great place to work, good benefits.P
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON11 November 2015
Shifts were always busy, trucks were alway full and Christmas was overtime,
Coworkers were great and helpful. Management was fair.

The hardest part of the job was Summer days and the truck was very hot and the custom guys want to look(go though) most the packages, depending on whose name was on the package.

The most enjoyable part of the day was when we did morning warm up with one supervisor.She would make everyone stretch before each shift, she didn't want any injuries, I got a great work out, was in great shape. I enjoyed my time at U.P.S.
Pros
Good Raises, Support from Management.
Cons
Short hours
Productive work place
Sales Associate/ Graphic Designer (key holder) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 August 2016
- Mornings can be rather quiet but picks up significantly during the day.
- Learned a large amount of print knowledge and furthered my design and customer skills.
- Management is great, the main reason i have been there as long as i have.
Pros
got to meet and make business relations with different people.
Cons
stretches of no customers
People where great to work with
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 September 2016
The job was great always kept busy with calls coming in but very stressful My co-workers where the best, I mostly enjoyed the people I got to talk to.
Pros
benefits, wages, no weekends
Cons
stressful
Discriminatory rule system
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 September 2016
Working for UPS was terrible, first they don't allow facial hair of any kind except for a mustache.. What year is this? Business men have beards and it has become a style for many men. Such an archaic rule system.

The Drivers were always rude and I got treated poorly, I felt like I was just a burden on their day, that is not how you should feel at work. There was barely any shifts and I'd have to wait the day of to find out if I worked that morning.

Overall a terrible company to work for.
Cons
discrimantory rule system, very little shifts
paid well..easy going..not much room for advancement
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON17 October 2016
Punched in at 12:30pm Monday - Friday..made sure everything was ready for the pm shift which started at 7pm..worked by myself..hardest thing was the responsibility of working by yourself to get things done on my own..and the most enjoyable part was working by myself as well
Pros
make my own schedule for the day
Cons
have to getthingsdobe on my own
productive and fun
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2016
learnt and grew within the company lts full of room for growth oppurtunities lots f employee training and productiity offers fun and healthy environment to work
productive and fun workplace
Walker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
usually went on thru thru the day and rarely fatigue.
I've learned to use a diad scanner and release deliveries.
the management was excellent.
my co workers made the day and job a lot easier by properly explaining my equipment and job.
the hardest part of the job would've been getting used to the diad and operating it with no light in the dark.
the most part i enjoyed about my job was customer satisfaction, and the bond with my co workers.
-_-
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2016
No concept of work life balance jobs are micro managed to the company's detriment. Company is disorganized and service can be lacking causing difficult sales.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Partial union of employees
productive fun
Key Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 September 2016
I learned excellent time management skills. how to thrive in a social environment. fun activities on some days. celebration of holidays (e.i christmas) and birthdays.
not a good job.
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
For being such a being and known company they do not treat their employees with the respect they should. found the job just end up frustrating and annoy pretty much every employee i came across. UPS(under paid slaves)
Great environment
Operational Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 June 2016
I started at BCP as a teller. After a few months, thanks to my dedication and co-workers support I was promoted to Quality Coordinator. I was to ensure that all customer service representatives followed company guidelines and procedures.

I learned about the financial world, how a bank works and operates and I made life long friends that I still keep in touch with.
Pros
great co-workers

79%