UPS Employee Reviews in Canada

Family (Married couple) owned franchise
Graphic Design & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABJanuary 5, 2016
The owners of this franchise were not prepared or equipt with the skills to run a business. They also brought their marital/personal life into the store, which greatly affected the daily opperations of the business.
Pros
Locally convenient, fantastic clientelle
Cons
Management: married couple
Part-time Warehouse Supervisor / Sorter (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I worked part time a supervisor and sorter, hardest part of this job was when we were under staffed, what I learned from this job is how to multitask and work underheavy pressure. The most thing I loved about thisjob was working with alot of great people.
Pros
COMPANY PENSION
Cons
NO FULL TIME
Different Everyday
Driver's Helper (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 3, 2016
Well the job i had it was different everyday as i never had the same thing to do everyday new people to meet some areas i have never been in it was quite an adventure
Pros
Mysterious
Cons
Somewhat tired everyday
Horrible enviroment
Driver helper/Pre loader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 16, 2015
Horrible Management treat people like slaves not like humans only expect more from you than expect as detail. all Co-workers had a bad attitude just like working in a prison everyone try to just stab you in the back to get you in trouble.
Pros
great hours
Cons
Management and not enough pay
no fun bad salary
supervisor manager (Current Employee) –  marcel laurinDecember 14, 2015
ok to work pretty secure but no advancement unless you are liked. ( kiss a..) Salary is terrible benefits are good atmosphere can get pretty bad employees treated like a number
Pros
will be around for ever
Cons
salary
Don't work for UPS
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 12, 2015
This was the worst 2 years of my life.
UPS USED to be a great company to work for, not now. With the new contracts it takes 4 YEARS to make top rate. You might as well go to school and learn something transferable. You start at $13 and go up 50 cents every 6 months for 4 years.
There are basically No perks to this job. The company asks So much from their employers and give almost nothing in return. The only perk is they cover your benefits cost. BUT you work so much, you have no time to use them.
They are all about numbers, not logic. The management is terrible, they treat you like garbage. Full timers get worked crazy hard. They monitor everything you do and criticize everything. They have a very high turnover rate.
I had an issue with the work truck seats causing back problems. They had no interest in trying to solve this issue. I even had a very simple suggestion that didn't cost anything, I asked to use a truck that I found to be comfortable. They couldn't be bothered. They gave me the run around for months. I was off work for 2 weeks with a back injury because of them. I never had back problems before. Now that I no longer work there, my back is 100% again!

I love working, I have a very strong work ethic, I'm energetic. But this place broke me. I was depressed and hated every moment I was there. Work anywhere else!!!!
Thank heavens I got a new job. I had been searching for so long.
Pros
Cons
You are not a person to them
Great job
Delivery Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2015
UPS is a great company to work for. The pay and benefits are more than worth it for the job that I was doing delivering packages. The co-workers are great, and the management knows the ins and outs of what the employees go through every day, because they have the same experience.
Hard very straight forward job
Yard Crew (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONDecember 8, 2015
very hard place to work at, the managers are very strict and lazy never help out and were never outside. for the supervisors mistakes we would have to correct them and for our hard work the supervisor and manager would get all the praise.
Pros
free food and clothing
Cons
long cold days
family
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 25, 2015
It was a family orientated place. I learned how to ship and receive packages. I also learned how to open and close the store.
Stable environment
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Stable environment, great possibilities of advancing but long work hours and you have to work your way up which may take longer time, but I was fortunate to advanced quicly was lovely place
Good Working Environment
Yard Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONNovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed being a Yard Crew Member becasue I was able to meet many new driver and get familiar with the various routes.

This was my first expeience with seasonal work and I was good at getting my tasks completed efficently.
Productive and learning place
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 13, 2015
I learnt alot at The UPS Store.
That was my first job and i was very excited to learn about my work because it was totally different from my educaion.
My Manager was very co-operative and fun loving person.
Co-workers were very co-operaive just like family members.
fast pace work place,Very hot or cold depending on the season.Great place to work, good benefits.P
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ONNovember 11, 2015
Shifts were always busy, trucks were alway full and Christmas was overtime,
Coworkers were great and helpful. Management was fair.

The hardest part of the job was Summer days and the truck was very hot and the custom guys want to look(go though) most the packages, depending on whose name was on the package.

The most enjoyable part of the day was when we did morning warm up with one supervisor.She would make everyone stretch before each shift, she didn't want any injuries, I got a great work out, was in great shape. I enjoyed my time at U.P.S.
Pros
Good Raises, Support from Management.
Cons
Short hours
would have been a perfect job
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 6, 2015
very good job but in the end there was a severe lack of hours, i was a package car loader, and the hours were cut down to 13-15 from 25 which was not enough.
Pros
hours of the day
Cons
part time hours.
Very Corporate
Health and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 3, 2015
Long hours. Company is very well managed, A lot of metrics involved which will either help you or hurt you along the way.

Great co-workers
Respect to employees.
professional manners.
Ugh, that secretary at HR
packaging (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONNovember 3, 2015
A month ago I went to an interview and the HR secretary seems to have an attitude and always on the phone, listening to music and talking to someone for the longest time when people are waiting preciously for 30 minutes, waiting for her to finish her conversation. UPS needs to fire her. Very poor.

Also the employees also seem to have an attitude, not sure if its the job, but working 3-5 hrs isnt stressful .
Pros
No pros
Cons
there is so much
Firendly envirenment
Directory Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBNovember 3, 2015
Friendly environment.
Equal opportunity.
Many possibilities to advance.
Accepting diversities culture.
Respect to employees.
Working as a team.
It was my best co op experience
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 2, 2015
Working at Ups was my best co op experience. because i got to learn about packaging an item according to the dimensions when a customer brought it in. made shipping documents for the packages. and also got to interact and share my ideas with customers.
Pros
customers, owner
productive and fun workplace
Key Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  toronto, onOctober 21, 2015
fast-paced environment
exciting and ability to grow in the company
management is good
the job challenges me to grow in areas where I gain more knowledge
Pros
nice environment
Cons
short hours