UPS Employee Reviews

-_-
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2016
No concept of work life balance jobs are micro managed to the company's detriment. Company is disorganized and service can be lacking causing difficult sales.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Partial union of employees
productive fun
Key Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 September 2016
I learned excellent time management skills. how to thrive in a social environment. fun activities on some days. celebration of holidays (e.i christmas) and birthdays.
paid well..easy going..not much room for advancement
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON17 October 2016
Punched in at 12:30pm Monday - Friday..made sure everything was ready for the pm shift which started at 7pm..worked by myself..hardest thing was the responsibility of working by yourself to get things done on my own..and the most enjoyable part was working by myself as well
Pros
make my own schedule for the day
Cons
have to getthingsdobe on my own
its a very good learning place with future apportunities
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 June 2016
A typical day at work when it is quarter end when you learn how to meet good result on time. If we work hard and honest and respect co workers. it will be fun place to work. nothing is hard as far as we are willing to do it. and when you accomplish your duties end of the day. this is most enjoyble part of job
Pros
flexibility
Cons
nothing
Horrible Owners
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC21 July 2016
Franchise Owner is a joke. Fires people illegally, makes you work long hours with no overtime, abuses his employees and stock by forcing free work constantly. Do NOT work for the one in Vernon.
Pros
zero
Cons
everything
Possible resonable paying job if you can put up with being ground to dust
Full Time Driver (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC26 August 2016
Typical day of work includes being over-dispatched(overworked) for no reason other than the Company wants to make higher profit margins. Their version of an 8 hour day is really 9+ (YOUR personal life is irrelevant). Great if you love overtime, BAD if you have a Family you actually want to see. LONG way to "top wage". They will destroy your mind & body long before you get there.
Pros
Approximately $30/hr CDN if you can get there
Cons
Long days, depressing work, work in weather extremes
Work
Preferred Customer Accounts (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC24 May 2016
A typical day at work is long and very diversified in calls, i learned to manage my work pressure and manage the customers accordingly to the situation, co-workers treat you like a Team. Hardest part is finding a solution instantly, and the most enjoyable part of the job is solving a customers issue . location lachine
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not suitable for new parents, no aknowledgement
Co is interested in packages more than the people
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 December 2016
The msnagement is interested in achieving their pph (package per hour) more than dealing with the people needs.the shifts ate changing daily someyimes they give 7 hours shifts and sometimes they send us home after 3 hours. You can not build a family on a changing schedule like that
productive and fun
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2016
learnt and grew within the company lts full of room for growth oppurtunities lots f employee training and productiity offers fun and healthy environment to work
Busy and nice company to work for.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 April 2016
Ups is a good warehouse offers great benefits but raises are ok. Lunches are on schedule and Fridays catered food. Co-workers are great and easy to work with. Repetitive work but you have weekends off.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
raises
Great job if you're in school !
Drive Helper and Package Pre Loader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2016
The Package Preloaded position is an amazing job if you're a student as you're hours range from 4:30 am to 10:00 am. After your shift you have an entire day to go about your business (such as school). UPS also offers 80% off of your tuition which is a great incentive. There is also lots of room to grow in this company and it is awesome to see how many employee's have worked for the company for 10+ years!!
Pros
Early mornings, 80% off tuition, benefits, paid weekly
Cons
Short shifts, maximum 25 hours weeks
working at UPS kept me busy
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 October 2016
I enjoy working in a place that I can keep busy because I am a very energetic person and love being on the go. the hardest part about the job was lifting very heavy things or dealing with spills that occurred in the work place. the drivers at UPS were very nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
off by noon
Cons
short hours
Fast pace work environment with efficient driving skills
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2016
Have done different kind of jobs. Overall great experience. Had gain enormous amount of knowledge and work ethics. Love to utilize my experience in my upcoming opportunity.
Pros
Weather conditions
Cons
Extra hours
dont have alot to say
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 December 2016
as my personnel experience , I really don't have anything good to say . I feel I was badly treated there . but not saying all is bad . for some other people it could be good .
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough pay for operating machinery
Great learning experience
Part Time Operations Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2016
I enjoyed working here. Unfortunately, it was an oncall job and the days were inconsistent. There no bad part. Regular training on devices and appropriate conductin a courtroom setting.
great people to work with
Warehouse picker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 December 2016
Overall a great place to work.I am currently looking for something different.I would like to work in a company where i can move up.
bad environment
Pre loader and driver helper (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 November 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is going home when your done its not a fun place to work unless your higher up. ups isn't very respect to employees. they only want profits any means necessary.
Pros
good money
Cons
fast pace harassment
Great people to work with, always helping each other.
Package Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2016
They hire you at start of a busy season, then they cut your hours down to 3 days a week, then to nothing and they expect you to survive on no money. You really don't get to the 90 days probation period. Your job is not guaranteed, it all about favoritism with the supervisor or the boss. They expect the new hires to be good as the ones be there for over 10 years. Think twice before taking sny stand with UPS.
Pros
Really nothing
Cons
Management have more respect.
Positive Environment
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 October 2016
An overall good company to work for. Good work environment with a great team to work with everyday. The pay could be better and at times, there is not enough work for a full shift.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Low pay
Great Company… However...
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON2 July 2015
Every company has its pros and cons. Ranging from a good management structure, employee advancement opportunities and many others perks and benefits. However, since the last several years with UPS, I have seen a decrease proper training for the management team (operations) and poor employee relations. As a result, the work has environment has become challenging and is not conducive to the employees mental and physical well being. The employees are treated as "less than," like if they were a piece of property that the company purchased. Furthermore, the employee moral is low.
Pros
Innovative Company
Cons
Poor management