UPS Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun and Fast Paced work environment
Walker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
I loved working for UPS as a seasonal walker. The driver I was paired with had a great personality, and always took the time to make sure I was fully prepared before leaving me to my route. I have nothing but positive things to say about UPS and the employment opportunity they provided me.
Pros
Never staying in the same place for too long
Unorganized work place and low wages
Seasonal helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 24, 2016
Not the best to work at. There is two tier waging and you often work harder than your peers for much less money.

Very poorly organized employer. There system could be 100 times better.
Productive and Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 18, 2016
I was placed here for a temporary contract and it was a great work experience. The managers were friendly and welcoming. I was sad to leave when the contract ended.
Pros
Great coworkers
Working with UPS was enjoyable
UPS Driver Helper Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Scanned and pre recorded packages. Dropped off packages to houses and buildings. Worked in a truck. Had to deliver packages at a fast pace.
warehouse lead hand
Warehouse Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2016
general warehouse lead hand duties loading and unloading trucks and containers in a large high volume warehouse. general opening and closing responcibilities
Fun atmosphere
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 4, 2016
Always had a good day, the customers were great and it was a well ran company. I worked here temporarily, as it was a busy time of the year for the company.
Fun workplace
Truck Loader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 2, 2016
Productive and fun place to work in. It has a fair salary and with good benefits/incentives. The hardest part of the job is when it's peek season because there are lots boxes and are too heavy. The enjoyable part of the job is having nice and friendly co-workers around.
Pros
free coffees
Cons
short hours of work
Awful Experience
Preloader (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Don't be fooled. This is a seasonal only job although they dont advertise it. You will be hired in a group of 4 or 5 people and promised things like benefits, unionized, pension, top rate of pay amongst others. You are only their as a helper to handlencurrent overflow.

The Management at UPS have no compassion for individuals trying to raise a family looking for a promising opportunity only to find out I've been lied to and the job is a temporary helper position, which the management at UPS will wait till your last shift needed before telling you.

DON'T BE FOOLED.....THIS IS A TERRIBLE JOB AND OFFERS NO LONGEVITY WHATSOEVER.
Pros
Cons
THIS IS A TEMPORARY JOB
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 26, 2016
It's an enjoyable place to work once you know your job and the requirements of that job. Training is a little lax but other than that, I love it.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Training
Effective Experience
Brokerage Rater (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJanuary 25, 2016
It was good job and effective experience with respectful involvement.
I had good friend there and most of people were friendly.
I had good training.
Welcoming, productive workplace with co-workers willing to share their knowledge and assist one another.
Brokerage Representative II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2016
UPS-SCS is a fast paced environment that keeps me on my toes. A complex shipment at hand or workload requiring multi-tasking serves as an energizing force for me. Furthermore, it is always rewarding to see the end result in light of a successful release and customer satisfaction. It is a very welcoming environment to work in exhibited in employees’ willingness to assist each other with projects or workloads. Furthermore, senior employees are open to share their knowledge and expertise with new / junior employees. Thus, if one is eager to learn one may do so by finding mentorship among the senior custom broker representatives.
Learning Experience
Mail Room Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Working at UPS was a learning experience where I was given the opportunities to do more than what my original position intended.

This was only a seasonal position.
Good Company to work for
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Friendly environment, good advantages for school and bonuses at three months and 1 year dates, high pay for part time hours.
Family (Married couple) owned franchise
Graphic Design & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABJanuary 5, 2016
The owners of this franchise were not prepared or equipt with the skills to run a business. They also brought their marital/personal life into the store, which greatly affected the daily opperations of the business.
Pros
Locally convenient, fantastic clientelle
Cons
Management: married couple
Part-time Warehouse Supervisor / Sorter (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I worked part time a supervisor and sorter, hardest part of this job was when we were under staffed, what I learned from this job is how to multitask and work underheavy pressure. The most thing I loved about thisjob was working with alot of great people.
Pros
COMPANY PENSION
Cons
NO FULL TIME
Different Everyday
Driver's Helper (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 3, 2016
Well the job i had it was different everyday as i never had the same thing to do everyday new people to meet some areas i have never been in it was quite an adventure
Pros
Mysterious
Cons
Somewhat tired everyday
Horrible enviroment
Driver helper/Pre loader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 16, 2015
Horrible Management treat people like slaves not like humans only expect more from you than expect as detail. all Co-workers had a bad attitude just like working in a prison everyone try to just stab you in the back to get you in trouble.
Pros
great hours
Cons
Management and not enough pay
no fun bad salary
supervisor manager (Current Employee) –  marcel laurinDecember 14, 2015
ok to work pretty secure but no advancement unless you are liked. ( kiss a..) Salary is terrible benefits are good atmosphere can get pretty bad employees treated like a number
Pros
will be around for ever
Cons
salary
Don't work for UPS
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 12, 2015
This was the worst 2 years of my life.
UPS USED to be a great company to work for, not now. With the new contracts it takes 4 YEARS to make top rate. You might as well go to school and learn something transferable. You start at $13 and go up 50 cents every 6 months for 4 years.
There are basically No perks to this job. The company asks So much from their employers and give almost nothing in return. The only perk is they cover your benefits cost. BUT you work so much, you have no time to use them.
They are all about numbers, not logic. The management is terrible, they treat you like garbage. Full timers get worked crazy hard. They monitor everything you do and criticize everything. They have a very high turnover rate.
I had an issue with the work truck seats causing back problems. They had no interest in trying to solve this issue. I even had a very simple suggestion that didn't cost anything, I asked to use a truck that I found to be comfortable. They couldn't be bothered. They gave me the run around for months. I was off work for 2 weeks with a back injury because of them. I never had back problems before. Now that I no longer work there, my back is 100% again!

I love working, I have a very strong work ethic, I'm energetic. But this place broke me. I was depressed and hated every moment I was there. Work anywhere else!!!!
Thank heavens I got a new job. I had been searching for so long.
Pros
Cons
You are not a person to them
Great job
Delivery Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2015
UPS is a great company to work for. The pay and benefits are more than worth it for the job that I was doing delivering packages. The co-workers are great, and the management knows the ins and outs of what the employees go through every day, because they have the same experience.