UPS Employee Reviews

Slavery Job
Pre Loader (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QCApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work was like I was going to prison in the 1900 and was working as a slave. The work place is dirty and dangerous. Everyday you breath in dust and dirt. I used to blow my nose and black mucus came out. There is no team work. HR does not support you and even offers you to quit if you can't make the job / life balance work. The management are abusive and does not know how to be human and even less respectful. The manual labour is divided in 3 section. 1) People that load / unload the trucks 2) The drivers who we worked for since we loaded their trucks 3) Management. We got in trouble if the packages are not place in order in the truck by the driver and the management. We constantly have to fight management with the aid of our union who was understaffed and each pre-loader was overwhelm with the work load. As a consequence of the work load we would not even help each other. I left the job and remained with physical damages that took almost 2 years too heal after working 9 months only. Police were called because employees used to fight and even managers were suspended due to a fight due to racial comments. If there is one thing that I can say about that job is that it made me aggressive and even violent. My wife was afraid of me and could not recognize me. I wish I would have never found that job. It's all about the company and not the people working for it.
Cons
Busy and nice company to work for.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 4, 2016
Ups is a good warehouse offers great benefits but raises are ok. Lunches are on schedule and Fridays catered food. Co-workers are great and easy to work with. Repetitive work but you have weekends off.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
raises
Not a bad place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 3, 2016
Working for UPS summs up like this. BUSY! But fun. You meet alot of great people and a great team atmostphere. The management is a bit of a joke. But the employee's are great here.

I cannot stress this enough... Prepare to be BUSY!

The pay sucks at the start but stick with it and it will be a job that will easily carry you all the way to retirement.
Pros
Good pay after awhile, Union, Good people, Fun, Outdoors
Cons
Poor management
Table Tennis
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Table tennis is fun sport. it requires flexibility, strength and balance. People playing this sport have good body posture.

Table tennis is fun to play or very enjoyable to watch too.
Great people to work with, always helping each other.
Package Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2016
They hire you at start of a busy season, then they cut your hours down to 3 days a week, then to nothing and they expect you to survive on no money. You really don't get to the 90 days probation period. Your job is not guaranteed, it all about favoritism with the supervisor or the boss. They expect the new hires to be good as the ones be there for over 10 years. Think twice before taking sny stand with UPS.
Pros
Really nothing
Cons
Management have more respect.
Enjoyable experience
Walker (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 30, 2016
Terrific experience even though it was a temporary position. Met some wonderful people. A lot of interaction with people. Responsible for delivery of packages and pick ups.
productive workplace
Courier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2016
Nice co-workers and managers. Fun customers you interact with daily. Fair pay. Never a dull time. I would recommend working there.
Overwork employees, and hourly pay is ridiculous.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at UPS is busy, and very tiring. Co-workers are friendly supportive and helpful. Hardest part of the job is dealing with jammed conveyor belts, broken machinery, Broken/ Heavy boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job is having break and leaving to go home at the end of the shift. -.-
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers, Few friendly supervisors.
Cons
Conveyor belts get jammed, Busy throughout the shift. parking outside is completely full. break is only 15 minute
Great job if you're in school !
Drive Helper and Package Pre Loader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
The Package Preloaded position is an amazing job if you're a student as you're hours range from 4:30 am to 10:00 am. After your shift you have an entire day to go about your business (such as school). UPS also offers 80% off of your tuition which is a great incentive. There is also lots of room to grow in this company and it is awesome to see how many employee's have worked for the company for 10+ years!!
Pros
Early mornings, 80% off tuition, benefits, paid weekly
Cons
Short shifts, maximum 25 hours weeks
Productive and fun job being a manager is amazing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 11, 2016
Conduct regular courier Services, both international and domestic.
• General office tasks and correspondence i.e. sorting daily mails, creating
graphic designs for customers (business cards), have a good knowledge of
Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, photocopying, faxing and
filing, cerlox binding, fast typing ability (type resumes, letters for the customers).
• Work independently, always very organized and responsible for each job.
• Manage customer accounts details.
• Established and promote a positive, team-oriented work environment
emphasizing employee invo
Productive, fast paced.
UPS Preloader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 10, 2016
UPS taught me a lot about working in a warehouse environment, working with pallets, packages, etc. Management was very good as well as the coworkers were very friendly. Hardest part of the job is unloading 53' long trailers. most enjoyable part of the is working with coworkers.
everyone had a positive attitude and good sense of humor
parts and utilities person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Most days were routined but if anything changed the other employees wouldnt mind giving a helping hand in anything including managers. Everyone was very responsible and owned up to their own work and though it was a very serious workplace everyone had a great sense of humor
Pros
steady work and understanding managerial staff
Cons
no cons
Work Environment
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
I strive to work within an establishment that is willing to motivate and elevate their employees. A motivated employee leads to a happy employee which is equal to a productive employee.
I believe in team playing and team building. A chain is as weak as its weakest link.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  160-2 County Court Blvd., Brampton ON L6W 4V1March 6, 2016
Helps to learn more about different people and how to handle different situation. Also has a nice superior who helps us in every situation when needed.
Fun place to work. I worked in west edmonton mall and made deliveries to almost all vendors in the mall.
Helper/Walker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
A typical day would start at 9:30 and we would do a sort of our five ton truck. Then deliver all of our timed deliveries. We need to work as a team to get our truck done. There is five off us who work out of this truck. We would divide up into five sections of the mall to get everything done on time. Time management was essential to get the job done.
UPS a diverse company, second largest parcel service in Canada, consist of share and stake holders. A billionaire company with a lot room to grow
Revenue Recovery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2900 Steeles Avenue, Concord. ONMarch 1, 2016
Very good company to work with, challenge at times but keep my focus, enjoyed working with people. Ups is a multicultural company with many benefits.
Good
Walker/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Midland, ONFebruary 26, 2016
UPS was a fun job for me. I enjoyed my co-worker and the work. I enjoyed being outside and also interacting with our customers. Unfortunately it was only a seasonal job.
Pros
Indepently working.
Cons
weather conditions
Fun and Fast Paced work environment
Walker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
I loved working for UPS as a seasonal walker. The driver I was paired with had a great personality, and always took the time to make sure I was fully prepared before leaving me to my route. I have nothing but positive things to say about UPS and the employment opportunity they provided me.
Pros
Never staying in the same place for too long
Unorganized work place and low wages
Seasonal helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 24, 2016
Not the best to work at. There is two tier waging and you often work harder than your peers for much less money.

Very poorly organized employer. There system could be 100 times better.
Productive and Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 18, 2016
I was placed here for a temporary contract and it was a great work experience. The managers were friendly and welcoming. I was sad to leave when the contract ended.
Pros
Great coworkers