UPS Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great job
Delivery Driver/Courier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2015
UPS is a great company to work for. The pay and benefits are more than worth it for the job that I was doing delivering packages. The co-workers are great, and the management knows the ins and outs of what the employees go through every day, because they have the same experience.
Hard very straight forward job
Yard Crew (Former Employee), Concord, ONDecember 8, 2015
Pros: free food and clothing
Cons: long cold days
very hard place to work at, the managers are very strict and lazy never help out and were never outside. for the supervisors mistakes we would have to correct them and for our hard work the supervisor and manager would get all the praise.
family
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 25, 2015
It was a family orientated place. I learned how to ship and receive packages. I also learned how to open and close the store.
Stable environment
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Stable environment, great possibilities of advancing but long work hours and you have to work your way up which may take longer time, but I was fortunate to advanced quicly was lovely place
Good Working Environment
Yard Crew Worker (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed being a Yard Crew Member becasue I was able to meet many new driver and get familiar with the various routes.

This was my first expeience with seasonal work and I was good at getting my tasks completed efficently.
Productive and learning place
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 13, 2015
I learnt alot at The UPS Store.
That was my first job and i was very excited to learn about my work because it was totally different from my educaion.
My Manager was very co-operative and fun loving person.
Co-workers were very co-operaive just like family members.
fast pace work place,Very hot or cold depending on the season.Great place to work, good benefits.P
Package Handler (Former Employee), Fort Erie, ONNovember 11, 2015
Pros: Good Raises, Support from Management.
Cons: Short hours
Shifts were always busy, trucks were alway full and Christmas was overtime,
Coworkers were great and helpful. Management was fair.

The hardest part of the job was Summer days and the truck was very hot and the custom guys want to look(go though) most the packages, depending on whose name was on the package.

The most enjoyable part of the day was when we did morning warm up with one supervisor.She would make everyone stretch before each shift, she didn't want any injuries, I got a great work out, was in great shape. I enjoyed my time at U.P.S.
would have been a perfect job
Package handler (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 6, 2015
Pros: hours of the day
Cons: part time hours.
very good job but in the end there was a severe lack of hours, i was a package car loader, and the hours were cut down to 13-15 from 25 which was not enough.
Very Corporate
Health and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 3, 2015
Long hours. Company is very well managed, A lot of metrics involved which will either help you or hurt you along the way.

Great co-workers
Respect to employees.
professional manners.
Ugh, that secretary at HR
packaging (Former Employee), Concord, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: No pros
Cons: there is so much
A month ago I went to an interview and the HR secretary seems to have an attitude and always on the phone, listening to music and talking to someone for the longest time when people are waiting preciously for 30 minutes, waiting for her to finish her conversation. UPS needs to fire her. Very poor.

Also the employees also seem to have an attitude, not sure if its the job, but working 3-5 hrs isnt stressful .
Firendly envirenment
Directory Assistance Representative (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBNovember 3, 2015
Friendly environment.
Equal opportunity.
Many possibilities to advance.
Accepting diversities culture.
Respect to employees.
Working as a team.
It was my best co op experience
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: customers, owner
Working at Ups was my best co op experience. because i got to learn about packaging an item according to the dimensions when a customer brought it in. made shipping documents for the packages. and also got to interact and share my ideas with customers.
productive and fun workplace
Key Entry Clerk (Current Employee), toronto, onOctober 21, 2015
Pros: nice environment
Cons: short hours
fast-paced environment
exciting and ability to grow in the company
management is good
the job challenges me to grow in areas where I gain more knowledge
Great fun atmosphere
Package Handler (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: fair treatment
Cons: short breaks
I go into work stretch my body before any lifting. I then set up my work station. I learned in order to make everyones day easier, people have to work together. The management treated everyone equality.
Honorable
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Markham, ONOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Long Hours
Cons: Cold Weather
Method of training is precise, easy to understand and further develop better knowledge. Safety concerns for employees indicates the company cares for the persons well-being. Better hours given to those who work hard and follow procedures. Since the company is well known there's a good chance for recognition.
Befinits
Ramp agent (Current Employee), Calgary,ABOctober 5, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: not a well orginize company in YYC
Even though the work place eviroment isnt the best. the company benifits are good.I wish that the management would orginze it self. because simple desicions that can be made in a couple of days. take way longern than they should.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Erie, ONOctober 4, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management
getting to meet some great people and having a good crew to help u along your day. if it was not for then friends i made while i was there i would have never stayed.
Good work experience
Package/Materials Handler (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaOctober 1, 2015
Working with this company was great and I learned a lot from them! I had a great and worthwhile time working with them! I would recommend this place to work.
Worst company ever.
Package Car Driver (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything about it
UPS is the worst company i ever worked for. Management is clueless, they hire you as full time worker and then give you work for 2/3 days a week, and every morning you have to call them an hour before your shift to see if they have work. That is the reason their 70% of new hires leave jobs.
Links