UPS Employee Reviews

Fast pace work environment with efficient driving skills
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2016
Have done different kind of jobs. Overall great experience. Had gain enormous amount of knowledge and work ethics. Love to utilize my experience in my upcoming opportunity.
Pros
Weather conditions
Cons
Extra hours
paid well..easy going..not much room for advancement
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON17 October 2016
Punched in at 12:30pm Monday - Friday..made sure everything was ready for the pm shift which started at 7pm..worked by myself..hardest thing was the responsibility of working by yourself to get things done on my own..and the most enjoyable part was working by myself as well
Pros
make my own schedule for the day
Cons
have to getthingsdobe on my own
working at UPS kept me busy
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 October 2016
I enjoy working in a place that I can keep busy because I am a very energetic person and love being on the go. the hardest part about the job was lifting very heavy things or dealing with spills that occurred in the work place. the drivers at UPS were very nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
off by noon
Cons
short hours
Productive work
Owner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 September 2016
The ups stores are independently owned by the owners, dealing with packing, shipping, mail boxes,printing, graphic designing & other related services.
Enjoyable place
Prairie Region Brokerage Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
The work was enjoyable and challenging, I enjoyed my peers. I enjoyed the travel and the training was great. The team was always near by to assist.
Pros
home office
Cons
management challenges
Discriminatory rule system
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 September 2016
Working for UPS was terrible, first they don't allow facial hair of any kind except for a mustache.. What year is this? Business men have beards and it has become a style for many men. Such an archaic rule system.

The Drivers were always rude and I got treated poorly, I felt like I was just a burden on their day, that is not how you should feel at work. There was barely any shifts and I'd have to wait the day of to find out if I worked that morning.

Overall a terrible company to work for.
Cons
discrimantory rule system, very little shifts
No good for nothing management team what a joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2016
Managers are bad professional and should try to do half the work us front lines works do ..To mutch stress and back stabbing high rate of illegal firing job bad !!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
LONG HRS
People where great to work with
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 September 2016
The job was great always kept busy with calls coming in but very stressful My co-workers where the best, I mostly enjoyed the people I got to talk to.
Pros
benefits, wages, no weekends
Cons
stressful
wonderful staff
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
co- workers made the job enjoyable to go to everyday. Gained lots of new knowledge. Worked in the warehouse and as a customer service representative.
Demonstrate ability to work hard.
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  1930 Derry Rd. East8 September 2016
A day working at UPS is you need to be able to multi task and set timelines.

I learned management, reporting skills and relationships with other business partners.

Working with my co-workers was good.

Analyzing data making sure you had the correct information.
you can handle a lot of type.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 September 2016
If you can handle some graphic programs include Indesign, easy to get a job and also having a big smile.
The company is so nice and kind.
some seasons are so busy.
Fast-Paced Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 September 2016
Fast-paced work environment with prompt deadlines to meet in the Sales department. Co-workers were great but it was a highly fast-paced job with strict quotas to meet. Loved working in the sales department working with new clientele, etc.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stressful at times
productive fun
Key Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 September 2016
I learned excellent time management skills. how to thrive in a social environment. fun activities on some days. celebration of holidays (e.i christmas) and birthdays.
Great people to work with
Area HR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON28 August 2016
Great company advancement, education assistance, pension and stock options available. Great opportunities for lateral transfers and the opportunity to learn about the transportation industry.
Pros
career opportunities exist from part time to full time
Cons
demands and expectations do not coincide with the salary
Possible resonable paying job if you can put up with being ground to dust
Full Time Driver (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC26 August 2016
Typical day of work includes being over-dispatched(overworked) for no reason other than the Company wants to make higher profit margins. Their version of an 8 hour day is really 9+ (YOUR personal life is irrelevant). Great if you love overtime, BAD if you have a Family you actually want to see. LONG way to "top wage". They will destroy your mind & body long before you get there.
Pros
Approximately $30/hr CDN if you can get there
Cons
Long days, depressing work, work in weather extremes
weekly pay
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  calgary17 August 2016
good pay for a part-time job,good management with a benefits plan. I learn there fast working with a good organization..The most important i learn there is how to handle dangerous goods.
Productive and fun
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 August 2016
Reputable company to work for. Amazing environment to work in, possibility to work from home. Hours are flexible, good benefits. The team and management are supportive.
Pros
Flexibility to work remote
Cons
Cannot think of any
-_-
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2016
No concept of work life balance jobs are micro managed to the company's detriment. Company is disorganized and service can be lacking causing difficult sales.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Partial union of employees
Productive work place
Sales Associate/ Graphic Designer (key holder) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 August 2016
- Mornings can be rather quiet but picks up significantly during the day.
- Learned a large amount of print knowledge and furthered my design and customer skills.
- Management is great, the main reason i have been there as long as i have.
Pros
got to meet and make business relations with different people.
Cons
stretches of no customers
Slow pace, but quite place to work and relaxing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2016
My typical day at work would be helping customer face to face send packages, and shipment to different city and international, I would also handle questions over the phone regarding parcels and shipment and print jobs.

I open and close, mostly close and do the end of the day cash out and handle cash on a daily basis.
Cons
short hours