UPS Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Welcoming, productive workplace with co-workers willing to share their knowledge and assist one another.
Brokerage Representative II (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2016
UPS-SCS is a fast paced environment that keeps me on my toes. A complex shipment at hand or workload requiring multi-tasking serves as an energizing force for me. Furthermore, it is always rewarding to see the end result in light of a successful release and customer satisfaction. It is a very welcoming environment to work in exhibited in employees’ willingness to assist each other with projects or workloads. Furthermore, senior employees are open to share their knowledge and expertise with new / junior employees. Thus, if one is eager to learn one may do so by finding mentorship among the senior custom broker representatives.
Fun place to work. I worked in west edmonton mall and made deliveries to almost all vendors in the mall.
Helper/Walker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
A typical day would start at 9:30 and we would do a sort of our five ton truck. Then deliver all of our timed deliveries. We need to work as a team to get our truck done. There is five off us who work out of this truck. We would divide up into five sections of the mall to get everything done on time. Time management was essential to get the job done.
Productive and fun job being a manager is amazing
Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 11, 2016
Conduct regular courier Services, both international and domestic.
• General office tasks and correspondence i.e. sorting daily mails, creating
graphic designs for customers (business cards), have a good knowledge of
Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, photocopying, faxing and
filing, cerlox binding, fast typing ability (type resumes, letters for the customers).
• Work independently, always very organized and responsible for each job.
• Manage customer accounts details.
• Established and promote a positive, team-oriented work environment
emphasizing employee invo
Derlivery
Driver (Courier Delivery) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: good
Cons: 30 months salary very low
Fast peace place lots of driving with excellent customer service, work without supervisor, resolve issue, help customer, deliver on time, load and unload, maintain logbook and vehicle.
Not the worst definitely not the best
Screener (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: good money after 3 years, benefits
Cons: Minimum wage for 3 years, union fees kill your paycheek, cell phone not allowed at airport sights bad mangement
Ok place to work managment is unorganized and set themselves apart from labourers. People are good most of the time but most of the ones that are there are there because they need the money. once you join the union sit back and wait 3 years to get to your top rate witch is $20 if you can last that long at minimum wage. I only recommend those who are going to school to apply
Overwork employees, and hourly pay is ridiculous.
Package Handler (Current Employee), Concord, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Friendly Co-Workers, Few friendly supervisors.
Cons: Conveyor belts get jammed, Busy throughout the shift. parking outside is completely full. break is only 15 minute
A typical day at UPS is busy, and very tiring. Co-workers are friendly supportive and helpful. Hardest part of the job is dealing with jammed conveyor belts, broken machinery, Broken/ Heavy boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job is having break and leaving to go home at the end of the shift. -.-
Slavery Job
Pre Loader (Former Employee), Lachine, QCApril 5, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
A typical day at work was like I was going to prison in the 1900 and was working as a slave. The work place is dirty and dangerous. Everyday you breath in dust and dirt. I used to blow my nose and black mucus came out. There is no team work. HR does not support you and even offers you to quit if you can't make the job / life balance work. The management are abusive and does not know how to be human and even less respectful. The manual labour is divided in 3 section. 1) People that load / unload the trucks 2) The drivers who we worked for since we loaded their trucks 3) Management. We got in trouble if the packages are not place in order in the truck by the driver and the management. We constantly have to fight management with the aid of our union who was understaffed and each pre-loader was overwhelm with the work load. As a consequence of the work load we would not even help each other. I left the job and remained with physical damages that took almost 2 years too heal after working 9 months only. Police were called because employees used to fight and even managers were suspended due to a fight due to racial comments. If there is one thing that I can say about that job is that it made me aggressive and even violent. My wife was afraid of me and could not recognize me. I wish I would have never found that job. It's all about the company and not the people working for it.
Unorganized work place and low wages
Seasonal helper (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 24, 2016
Not the best to work at. There is two tier waging and you often work harder than your peers for much less money.

Very poorly organized employer. There system could be 100 times better.
Productive, fast paced.
UPS Preloader (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 10, 2016
UPS taught me a lot about working in a warehouse environment, working with pallets, packages, etc. Management was very good as well as the coworkers were very friendly. Hardest part of the job is unloading 53' long trailers. most enjoyable part of the is working with coworkers.
Family (Married couple) owned franchise
Graphic Design & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Locally convenient, fantastic clientelle
Cons: Management: married couple
The owners of this franchise were not prepared or equipt with the skills to run a business. They also brought their marital/personal life into the store, which greatly affected the daily opperations of the business.
everyone had a positive attitude and good sense of humor
parts and utilities person (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: steady work and understanding managerial staff
Cons: no cons
Most days were routined but if anything changed the other employees wouldnt mind giving a helping hand in anything including managers. Everyone was very responsible and owned up to their own work and though it was a very serious workplace everyone had a great sense of humor
mechanics are pushed to brake laws
Truck and Coach Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: cant think of any, oh yah discounts
Cons: uniondues, management, bad work ethic not becoming of a technician
after a year i have learned how bad the mechanics manager was, always follow your instincts. benefits are a joke, union dues are high and speaking of union don not expect them to stand behind you. opinion is encouraged but not appreciated and used against you and your co workers. do not sign any papers even when they tell you its ok. it will be used against you. It is rare to get a good supervisor, they are instructed by the manager(bad)(whenever i think of him HITLER COMES TO MIND others called the management (GESTAPO- Google it), if you are a snitch you will move up (takes time though) you might wear out your lips :O by then. great place if you dont want friends and are a loner (no social life). tools needed -hammer and chisel , tie straps supplied by the company. again great company to get your foot in the door. just my opinion, so i encourage you to find out for your self and please prove me wrong. this might sound like a bitter review so i challenge you !!!!!! got more to come:)
Horrible enviroment
Driver helper/Pre loader (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 16, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: Management and not enough pay
Horrible Management treat people like slaves not like humans only expect more from you than expect as detail. all Co-workers had a bad attitude just like working in a prison everyone try to just stab you in the back to get you in trouble.
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Career Advancement
Cons: Training
It's an enjoyable place to work once you know your job and the requirements of that job. Training is a little lax but other than that, I love it.
Fun and Fast Paced work environment
Walker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: Never staying in the same place for too long
I loved working for UPS as a seasonal walker. The driver I was paired with had a great personality, and always took the time to make sure I was fully prepared before leaving me to my route. I have nothing but positive things to say about UPS and the employment opportunity they provided me.
Overall rating $ 18.00
Administration Assistant/Dock Auditor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches hours
Cons: over time hours and weekends when busy
A typical day at work was my first night of reporting to work. It was my first day to work at night in my whole entire life, I felt sleepy,tied and missed very much for my bed including the children. Gradually I learned to stay awake and began to focus, performed duties well and ended up working at UPS for 9 years until most of employees were laid off including myself. I managed and organized employee relationship meetings in order to improve occupational Health and safety problems and other related work duties. I communicated well with my co-workers and worked as team in order to achieve future goals for the organization. The hardest part of the job was when economy was beginning to decline, less productions or percales were received and obviously we knew that soon or later, UPS will eliminate some of full time employees in order to avoid expenses and benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job, was that every Christmas, UPS provided huge turkeys and bonuses (money) to all employees, and every month employees who had high productions were receiving gift vouchers for gas, movies or supermarket food
Honorable
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Markham, ONOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Long Hours
Cons: Cold Weather
Method of training is precise, easy to understand and further develop better knowledge. Safety concerns for employees indicates the company cares for the persons well-being. Better hours given to those who work hard and follow procedures. Since the company is well known there's a good chance for recognition.
A decent place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lachine, QCFebruary 21, 2015
Basically, it's a decent place to work at. The good points are: flexibility, very good benefits, promotion from within, and almost impossible to get fired. The bad points: very bureaucratic, borderline-useless management, and almost impossible to get fired (a lot of useless people who shouldn't work there).
Work Environment
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
I strive to work within an establishment that is willing to motivate and elevate their employees. A motivated employee leads to a happy employee which is equal to a productive employee.
I believe in team playing and team building. A chain is as weak as its weakest link.
fast paced job working with great people
international office supervisor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, good benefits
Cons: not enough incentives for staff
I am a brokerage office supervisor at United Parcel Service which means I oversee an office of 11 employees. An average day sees me trouble shooting various issues (customer queries, logistic concerns, etc). In my 8 years working at UPS I have learned a lot about getting a job done in a timely manner because at UPS the only thing we can provide our customers is the service they expect each time they ship a package. It is very gratifying when I can phone a customer and let them know their package or packages will be delivered on time. I have worked with some great people through the years. The majority of my employees have been with UPS since they opened up shop in Winnipeg back in 1988 and they have been all too quick to pass their knowledge and experiences on to me. A supervisor is only as good as his or her employees and I have been blessed with professional and hard working employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can talk with my employees on a personal level and just have a nice conversation.
Links