UPS Employee Reviews

productive and customer focused
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 July 2016
staff treat each other like family
great pay and benefits
excellent career choice for those wanting to work in fast pace logistics
Pros
shifts
Cons
no lunch breaks for material handlers
Work
Preferred Customer Accounts (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC24 May 2016
A typical day at work is long and very diversified in calls, i learned to manage my work pressure and manage the customers accordingly to the situation, co-workers treat you like a Team. Hardest part is finding a solution instantly, and the most enjoyable part of the job is solving a customers issue . location lachine
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not suitable for new parents, no aknowledgement
Ups
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2016
They are a very secure and well established company.
But family life during the week is minimal and I'm a family man .
you are treated as a number not a human .
Good pay good benefits fun job but terrible management .Pushed to your max everyday , and no thanks just more the next day . Modern day slavery .
Pros
healthy life style, work outdoor, meet lots of people .
Cons
poorly treated and alwasy pushed to the max .
Productive and fun place to work.
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
I would get into work, clock in then we would head to our assigned trailers and start offloading packages. Once I was done, I would inform my supervisor and he would assign a new trailer. Sometimes the supervisor would come inside the trailer with you and help you unload. Some days he would stand at the door and see what speed your taking to off load a trailer. Most of the days we would work two people in a trailer and that was good, you could get work done faster. The hardest part of the job was when we got heavy packages and we were short on staff so you had to do it all by yourself. The part that I liked about my job was that you were assigned to offload a trailer and your supervisor would let you get to work and not bother you.
Pros
You can see your making contributions by the work your doing.
Cons
Having heavy packages.
Very good company
Special Assignment - UPS Sales & Strategy Group (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 October 2016
opportunities for advancement. times have changed. greatest part dealing with people and customers. no admin people therefore too much demands on administrative functions. cant see the forest for the trees
Pros
opportunites
Cons
No admins, work life balance
Awful Experience
Preloader (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 January 2016
Don't be fooled. This is a seasonal only job although they dont advertise it. You will be hired in a group of 4 or 5 people and promised things like benefits, unionized, pension, top rate of pay amongst others. You are only their as a helper to handlencurrent overflow.

The Management at UPS have no compassion for individuals trying to raise a family looking for a promising opportunity only to find out I've been lied to and the job is a temporary helper position, which the management at UPS will wait till your last shift needed before telling you.

DON'T BE FOOLED.....THIS IS A TERRIBLE JOB AND OFFERS NO LONGEVITY WHATSOEVER.
Pros
Cons
THIS IS A TEMPORARY JOB
Great job if you're in school !
Drive Helper and Package Pre Loader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2016
The Package Preloaded position is an amazing job if you're a student as you're hours range from 4:30 am to 10:00 am. After your shift you have an entire day to go about your business (such as school). UPS also offers 80% off of your tuition which is a great incentive. There is also lots of room to grow in this company and it is awesome to see how many employee's have worked for the company for 10+ years!!
Pros
Early mornings, 80% off tuition, benefits, paid weekly
Cons
Short shifts, maximum 25 hours weeks
Horrible place to work
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON30 November 2016
Over worked underpaid and under appreciated
hardest part of the job was working 12-15 hrs a day, Sometimes my paycheck would be short hrs. They didnt pay me my overtime a few times. They are criminals who steal from their employees.
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours little pay treat like garbage
Terrible Management and Schedule awareness
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC12 March 2017
Just terrible management some days they would post a start time some days they would not. They would text at a ridiculous hours of the night to advise us of start time which could change at any time. No communication between management or staff at all. Union staff that work they employ are opinionated and have been known to belittle staff.
Pros
Cons
Everything stated above
Good part time work
Package Handler, Driver Helper, Preloader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 May 2016
pretty good place to work if your looking for part time work. If your young apply now. It would take you 5-10 years to be a full time driver
Pros
part time worker health benefits
Cons
not enough hours. hard to advance

Want to know more about UPS?

Ask a question
Could better if they pay more
Package Sorter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 June 2016
I've been working with UPS over 2 years and it's good place to work, good benefits for part time, but pay is very bad at the beginning. The pay minimum wage first year, even though the job is $25 worth of work.
Loved the clients. Never the same each day
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 January 2017
Loved having my own store. Worked with my wife.
Always different situations every day.
Learned how to pack and ship international with custom forms
Created business cards and forms for different clients
Pros
Owning you own store
Nice place to work
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
UPS Canada is a good place to work. There is a lot of politics in the company around promotion process. The company does have some good people with great skills and vision.
I get more production at home than working here
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  777 Creditstone18 January 2017
Terrible management, management never listens, co workers are the best part of the work though. favors few people in return for turning against a lot. Favors production vs quality. Keeps pushing for production even though it is one of the more quiet times of the year,
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Terrible Management
customer
QC Associate/Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 March 2017
great place to work, culture was great and people always smiles. Fund account are balance. accounts not balance. management was great.greag taking on new customer accounts
Great Job
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON19 April 2016
Great management, Great environment, job security, clean work place, reasonable and competitive pay, reasonable and competitive benefits after one year of service
slavery,managment treats people like garbage
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 March 2017
they push employees to the limits, management keeps harassing people. they harassed me until I quit, management has favourite people who tell them everything about other employees, management creates hate in employees to keep themselves low key
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
motivational
Sort Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2016
strives on employee training and development, included its work force in its decisions as it impacted work performance and moral.

the culture was shared and fed through employee and management functions.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
physically demanding
fast pace work place,Very hot or cold depending on the season.Great place to work, good benefits.P
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON11 November 2015
Shifts were always busy, trucks were alway full and Christmas was overtime,
Coworkers were great and helpful. Management was fair.

The hardest part of the job was Summer days and the truck was very hot and the custom guys want to look(go though) most the packages, depending on whose name was on the package.

The most enjoyable part of the day was when we did morning warm up with one supervisor.She would make everyone stretch before each shift, she didn't want any injuries, I got a great work out, was in great shape. I enjoyed my time at U.P.S.
Pros
Good Raises, Support from Management.
Cons
Short hours
UPS driver
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 February 2017
Good job overall however it does lack work/life balance.
Your day can range anywhere from 8 hours to 12 hours, most often it is based on the demand of your workload that day.

79%