UPS

UPS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Paced.
Package Handler (Current Employee), Concord, ONMay 16, 2014
Pros: you feel stronger as a man by the end of the day.
Cons: not much hours unless you seek double shift.
Even though it is a tough job, all the guys including myself there just have fun while working; we make the best out of it.
A company with a strong legacy and many long term (20+ years) employees
Employee Communications Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2014
I have a passion for employee communications and I am fortunate to have a supportive management team at UPS who is committed to not only seeing me succeed but also seeing my team succeed. They have purchased additional tools (computers, cameras, software) that have allowed for changes to be made in the way we communicate with the over 10,000 UPS Canada – more... employees. We now have the capabilities to be more visual and creative in our communications with graphic design and video production – this is exciting. Because many of our employees are on the road or in an operations setting it is challenging to reach them because they do not sit in front of computers. We encourage face-to-face communications as often as possible but also make sure that visuals like posters and signs are posted in all centres across the country. We have even started producing a newsletter that is intended to be printed and posted so that operations employees feel more connected and engaged. There are positive and negative aspects to working for a company that has such a strong hold on its history and legacy. Change can sometimes be difficult. It does not mean it doesn’t happen, it just might happen as quickly as one would want in this age of instant communication and continuous change. What I love most about my job is that I get to work with all levels of employees from the president to the drivers and all in between. I enjoy making sure that everyone is kept well informed of what is going on with the business and I love sharing the great things that UPS employees do every day in their jobs and outside work in the communities where they. – less
okay
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 8, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: hours
not a bad place to work. part time hours are lame. have i typed enough yet.
Great place to gain knowledge
Helper (Former Employee), London, ONApril 30, 2014
I managed to gain a lot of great customer service and logistics knowledge while working for UPS
Very productive and comfortable enviornement
Trainee/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Delta, BCApril 29, 2014
emails/key entry/answering phone calls
very comfortable job place
Very professional & defined scope of work
Premium Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 23, 2014
As a Sales Associate, we were given a lot of freedom as long as we were able to deliver and abide by the structured reporting standards.
Customer Service Consultant
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), cambridge ontApril 22, 2014
Pros: near home
Cons: negative coworker
I wrote other peoples resumes and printed out photos for them in the desired sizes.
Ok
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: a lot of down time
Cons: hardly any hours
Okay for starting designers, hours were always fluctuating depending on traffic.
Gained excellent customer service communication skills
Customs Clerk (Former Employee), Vancouver International AirportApril 14, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working in the fast past industry because it kept me busy
Cons: always security provided
Liaised with government departments regarding release documents.

Arranged delivery of imported goods to bonded warehouses; set up new accounts.

Assisted customers with filling of forms / documents and received payments, advised clients on document requirements.

Provided management with reports, documentation and billing statements.

Printed notification – more... reports for Canada Border Service Agent.

Verified account / document information and updated online database.

Provided excellent customer service. – less
Geat place to work.
Intermediate Rate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 8, 2014
Setting up across shipment for drivers, answering the phone. faxing, slotting pars in time order. Great bunch of co-workers .
Enjoyed being part of the company for 15 years.
Typical Large Company
Quality Assurance / Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee), Burlington, ONApril 6, 2014
Typical Large Company strengths:
Great benefits, stable job.

Typical Large Company weaknesses:
Management runs the company to please shareholders at the expense of informed decisions.
Fun and challenging
Part-time Graphic Designer & Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 3, 2014
I learned how to manage / handle customers with different attitude.
A place that provided for an honest day's living.
Technician / Warehouse operator (Former Employee), Fort Erie, ONMarch 31, 2014
At UPS we typically processed some five to eight thousand packages per shift, coming from in the United States and headed to Toronto. Management was good, often providing "pizza" days as recognition for hard work and dedication. Overall, I must say that I had the chance to work along side some true characters.
micromanagement
courier (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 26, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: long hours, poor job security
Set me up with a good life and then took it all away. Long hours, heavy workload. Good pay and benefits. Management trying to fire all top pay workers now as job satisfaction declined for all over the last 10 years. Company focus and goals quickly deteriorated job.
Competetive pay/benefits with little to none work/life balance...really long hours once full time management
Front-Line Operations Supervisor (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Concord, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: competetive pay/ internal advancement
Cons: long hours for full time management/ no work life balance
Great pay for a part time supervisor with tuition reimbursement as well as full benefits. A lot of room for advancement if you are willing to put in the time and dedication (may have to wait a while) internal promotions are a huge staying force at UPS. However, major turnoff is the long hours once you enter full time supervisor in operations as work/life – more... balance is clearly non-existant which is a huge turn off for long term commitment in this job. – less
Friendly management & Staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 13, 2014
Nice place to work, hard to get a full-time job. Part-timers can have their hours cut back to 15 hours. A lot of opportunities to change departments if you like working over-night.
Fast paced heavy work
Sorter (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 6, 2014
Sort and stack packages in trailer, wash and fuel trucks. exhausting work. High turnover of employees because heavy work low pay.
customer service in person and over the phone
Customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2014
was a great experience..doing customer service in person and over the phone ..received and sent out mails and courier
Hard Labour and low pay
Package Handler (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2014
fast pace enviroment, heavy lefting, diverse culture but hard labour with low pay and not that great of pay.
Fast paced and hard work
Driver Support (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Makes the days got by quickly. It's nice getting to know all the people along your routes.

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more