UPS Employee Reviews

Slow pace, but quite place to work and relaxing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 4, 2016
My typical day at work would be helping customer face to face send packages, and shipment to different city and international, I would also handle questions over the phone regarding parcels and shipment and print jobs.

I open and close, mostly close and do the end of the day cash out and handle cash on a daily basis.
Cons
short hours
Productive work place
Sales Associate/ Graphic Designer (key holder) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBAugust 8, 2016
- Mornings can be rather quiet but picks up significantly during the day.
- Learned a large amount of print knowledge and furthered my design and customer skills.
- Management is great, the main reason i have been there as long as i have.
Pros
got to meet and make business relations with different people.
Cons
stretches of no customers
Great people to work with
Area HR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONAugust 28, 2016
Great company advancement, education assistance, pension and stock options available. Great opportunities for lateral transfers and the opportunity to learn about the transportation industry.
Pros
career opportunities exist from part time to full time
Cons
demands and expectations do not coincide with the salary
its a very good learning place with future apportunities
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work when it is quarter end when you learn how to meet good result on time. If we work hard and honest and respect co workers. it will be fun place to work. nothing is hard as far as we are willing to do it. and when you accomplish your duties end of the day. this is most enjoyble part of job
Pros
flexibility
Cons
nothing
Tough but fair
(UPS) Express Air Driver (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 31, 2015
Not an easy job, but it can be rewarding. Work/life balance is poor. Lots of stress. Great training.Management gets pretty stressed and it trickles down. Xmas is very tough. Driving i this city is tough.
Pros
Benefits, working independently
Cons
Long hours, top down management
Productive and fun job being a manager is amazing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 11, 2016
Conduct regular courier Services, both international and domestic.
• General office tasks and correspondence i.e. sorting daily mails, creating
graphic designs for customers (business cards), have a good knowledge of
Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, photocopying, faxing and
filing, cerlox binding, fast typing ability (type resumes, letters for the customers).
• Work independently, always very organized and responsible for each job.
• Manage customer accounts details.
• Established and promote a positive, team-oriented work environment
emphasizing employee invo
Fast-Paced Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBSeptember 5, 2016
Fast-paced work environment with prompt deadlines to meet in the Sales department. Co-workers were great but it was a highly fast-paced job with strict quotas to meet. Loved working in the sales department working with new clientele, etc.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stressful at times
Demonstrate ability to work hard.
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  1930 Derry Rd. EastSeptember 8, 2016
A day working at UPS is you need to be able to multi task and set timelines.

I learned management, reporting skills and relationships with other business partners.

Working with my co-workers was good.

Analyzing data making sure you had the correct information.
Work
Preferred Customer Accounts (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QCMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work is long and very diversified in calls, i learned to manage my work pressure and manage the customers accordingly to the situation, co-workers treat you like a Team. Hardest part is finding a solution instantly, and the most enjoyable part of the job is solving a customers issue . location lachine
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not suitable for new parents, no aknowledgement
Fun place to work. I worked in west edmonton mall and made deliveries to almost all vendors in the mall.
Helper/Walker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
A typical day would start at 9:30 and we would do a sort of our five ton truck. Then deliver all of our timed deliveries. We need to work as a team to get our truck done. There is five off us who work out of this truck. We would divide up into five sections of the mall to get everything done on time. Time management was essential to get the job done.
long, repetative, driving
Driver, UPS (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCMay 15, 2015
enter the warehouse in the AM given 100 to 120 deliveries for the day, head out to make my stops. what I learned would be safe driving, management was tough at times. hardest part of the job would be working from 8am to 8pm mon-fri no breaks or you would finish even later. aside from weekends very little social life.
most enjoyable part would be the driving and interacting with costumers.
Pros
enjoyable costumers, benefits
Slavery Job
Pre Loader (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QCApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work was like I was going to prison in the 1900 and was working as a slave. The work place is dirty and dangerous. Everyday you breath in dust and dirt. I used to blow my nose and black mucus came out. There is no team work. HR does not support you and even offers you to quit if you can't make the job / life balance work. The management are abusive and does not know how to be human and even less respectful. The manual labour is divided in 3 section. 1) People that load / unload the trucks 2) The drivers who we worked for since we loaded their trucks 3) Management. We got in trouble if the packages are not place in order in the truck by the driver and the management. We constantly have to fight management with the aid of our union who was understaffed and each pre-loader was overwhelm with the work load. As a consequence of the work load we would not even help each other. I left the job and remained with physical damages that took almost 2 years too heal after working 9 months only. Police were called because employees used to fight and even managers were suspended due to a fight due to racial comments. If there is one thing that I can say about that job is that it made me aggressive and even violent. My wife was afraid of me and could not recognize me. I wish I would have never found that job. It's all about the company and not the people working for it.
Cons
Overwork employees, and hourly pay is ridiculous.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at UPS is busy, and very tiring. Co-workers are friendly supportive and helpful. Hardest part of the job is dealing with jammed conveyor belts, broken machinery, Broken/ Heavy boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job is having break and leaving to go home at the end of the shift. -.-
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers, Few friendly supervisors.
Cons
Conveyor belts get jammed, Busy throughout the shift. parking outside is completely full. break is only 15 minute
Run like the wind or fall into a pit of angry bees
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2016
Everyday full truck when shift starts at days end few parcels remain due to being unable get to every stop being expected to empty the truck of deliveries is a hassle there were times were that was possible .
Pros
fresh air
Cons
praying for help does not work
Productive and fun
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 17, 2016
Reputable company to work for. Amazing environment to work in, possibility to work from home. Hours are flexible, good benefits. The team and management are supportive.
Pros
Flexibility to work remote
Cons
Cannot think of any
Ups
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 2, 2016
They are a very secure and well established company.
But family life during the week is minimal and I'm a family man .
you are treated as a number not a human .
Good pay good benefits fun job but terrible management .Pushed to your max everyday , and no thanks just more the next day . Modern day slavery .
Pros
healthy life style, work outdoor, meet lots of people .
Cons
poorly treated and alwasy pushed to the max .
No good for nothing management team what a joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 18, 2016
Managers are bad professional and should try to do half the work us front lines works do ..To mutch stress and back stabbing high rate of illegal firing job bad !!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
LONG HRS
People where great to work with
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBSeptember 12, 2016
The job was great always kept busy with calls coming in but very stressful My co-workers where the best, I mostly enjoyed the people I got to talk to.
Pros
benefits, wages, no weekends
Cons
stressful
Great experience and a lack of organization.
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 16, 2015
Pros:
-Part time shift with good benefits.
-Easy hours and awesome co-workers.
-Some great staff.

Cons
-Very unorganized. No direction. Misguided
-Working as one team.
-pay, career advancement is based on connections, big facility, sometimes very disorganized and chaotic.
-Never got trained and had to figure out everything by myself from day one.
Enjoyable place
Prairie Region Brokerage Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2016
The work was enjoyable and challenging, I enjoyed my peers. I enjoyed the travel and the training was great. The team was always near by to assist.
Pros
home office
Cons
management challenges