UPS Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work. I worked in west edmonton mall and made deliveries to almost all vendors in the mall.
Helper/Walker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
A typical day would start at 9:30 and we would do a sort of our five ton truck. Then deliver all of our timed deliveries. We need to work as a team to get our truck done. There is five off us who work out of this truck. We would divide up into five sections of the mall to get everything done on time. Time management was essential to get the job done.
Welcoming, productive workplace with co-workers willing to share their knowledge and assist one another.
Brokerage Representative II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2016
UPS-SCS is a fast paced environment that keeps me on my toes. A complex shipment at hand or workload requiring multi-tasking serves as an energizing force for me. Furthermore, it is always rewarding to see the end result in light of a successful release and customer satisfaction. It is a very welcoming environment to work in exhibited in employees’ willingness to assist each other with projects or workloads. Furthermore, senior employees are open to share their knowledge and expertise with new / junior employees. Thus, if one is eager to learn one may do so by finding mentorship among the senior custom broker representatives.
Good and almost great.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 13, 2015
Good benefits and work hours. Only real problem was favoritism with management. Other than that overall good place to work. Very employee driven employer. Having weekend and holidays off was nice.
Pros
Health benefits & weekends/holidays off
Cons
Stressful but that comes with call centers
Overwork employees, and hourly pay is ridiculous.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at UPS is busy, and very tiring. Co-workers are friendly supportive and helpful. Hardest part of the job is dealing with jammed conveyor belts, broken machinery, Broken/ Heavy boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job is having break and leaving to go home at the end of the shift. -.-
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers, Few friendly supervisors.
Cons
Conveyor belts get jammed, Busy throughout the shift. parking outside is completely full. break is only 15 minute
Slavery Job
Pre Loader (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QCApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work was like I was going to prison in the 1900 and was working as a slave. The work place is dirty and dangerous. Everyday you breath in dust and dirt. I used to blow my nose and black mucus came out. There is no team work. HR does not support you and even offers you to quit if you can't make the job / life balance work. The management are abusive and does not know how to be human and even less respectful. The manual labour is divided in 3 section. 1) People that load / unload the trucks 2) The drivers who we worked for since we loaded their trucks 3) Management. We got in trouble if the packages are not place in order in the truck by the driver and the management. We constantly have to fight management with the aid of our union who was understaffed and each pre-loader was overwhelm with the work load. As a consequence of the work load we would not even help each other. I left the job and remained with physical damages that took almost 2 years too heal after working 9 months only. Police were called because employees used to fight and even managers were suspended due to a fight due to racial comments. If there is one thing that I can say about that job is that it made me aggressive and even violent. My wife was afraid of me and could not recognize me. I wish I would have never found that job. It's all about the company and not the people working for it.
Derlivery
Driver (Courier Delivery) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
Fast peace place lots of driving with excellent customer service, work without supervisor, resolve issue, help customer, deliver on time, load and unload, maintain logbook and vehicle.
good
Cons
30 months salary very low
Not the worst definitely not the best
Screener (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 22, 2015
Ok place to work managment is unorganized and set themselves apart from labourers. People are good most of the time but most of the ones that are there are there because they need the money. once you join the union sit back and wait 3 years to get to your top rate witch is $20 if you can last that long at minimum wage. I only recommend those who are going to school to apply
Pros
good money after 3 years, benefits
Cons
Minimum wage for 3 years, union fees kill your paycheek, cell phone not allowed at airport sights bad mangement
Productive, fast paced.
UPS Preloader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 10, 2016
UPS taught me a lot about working in a warehouse environment, working with pallets, packages, etc. Management was very good as well as the coworkers were very friendly. Hardest part of the job is unloading 53' long trailers. most enjoyable part of the is working with coworkers.
Unorganized work place and low wages
Seasonal helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 24, 2016
Not the best to work at. There is two tier waging and you often work harder than your peers for much less money.

Very poorly organized employer. There system could be 100 times better.
Work
Preferred Customer Accounts (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QCMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work is long and very diversified in calls, i learned to manage my work pressure and manage the customers accordingly to the situation, co-workers treat you like a Team. Hardest part is finding a solution instantly, and the most enjoyable part of the job is solving a customers issue . location lachine
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not suitable for new parents, no aknowledgement
Ups
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 2, 2016
They are a very secure and well established company.
But family life during the week is minimal and I'm a family man .
you are treated as a number not a human .
Good pay good benefits fun job but terrible management .Pushed to your max everyday , and no thanks just more the next day . Modern day slavery .
Pros
healthy life style, work outdoor, meet lots of people .
Cons
poorly treated and alwasy pushed to the max .
everyone had a positive attitude and good sense of humor
parts and utilities person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Most days were routined but if anything changed the other employees wouldnt mind giving a helping hand in anything including managers. Everyone was very responsible and owned up to their own work and though it was a very serious workplace everyone had a great sense of humor
Pros
steady work and understanding managerial staff
Cons
no cons
Family (Married couple) owned franchise
Graphic Design & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABJanuary 5, 2016
The owners of this franchise were not prepared or equipt with the skills to run a business. They also brought their marital/personal life into the store, which greatly affected the daily opperations of the business.
Pros
Locally convenient, fantastic clientelle
Cons
Management: married couple
Fun and Fast Paced work environment
Walker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
I loved working for UPS as a seasonal walker. The driver I was paired with had a great personality, and always took the time to make sure I was fully prepared before leaving me to my route. I have nothing but positive things to say about UPS and the employment opportunity they provided me.
Pros
Never staying in the same place for too long
mechanics are pushed to brake laws
Truck and Coach Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
after a year i have learned how bad the mechanics manager was, always follow your instincts. benefits are a joke, union dues are high and speaking of union don not expect them to stand behind you. opinion is encouraged but not appreciated and used against you and your co workers. do not sign any papers even when they tell you its ok. it will be used against you. It is rare to get a good supervisor, they are instructed by the manager(bad)(whenever i think of him HITLER COMES TO MIND others called the management (GESTAPO- Google it), if you are a snitch you will move up (takes time though) you might wear out your lips :O by then. great place if you dont want friends and are a loner (no social life). tools needed -hammer and chisel , tie straps supplied by the company. again great company to get your foot in the door. just my opinion, so i encourage you to find out for your self and please prove me wrong. this might sound like a bitter review so i challenge you !!!!!! got more to come:)
Pros
cant think of any, oh yah discounts
Cons
uniondues, management, bad work ethic not becoming of a technician
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 26, 2016
It's an enjoyable place to work once you know your job and the requirements of that job. Training is a little lax but other than that, I love it.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Training
Fast Based Work Place
Customer Service / Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2016
• Trained business owners on marketing/advertising strategies, logistics and best practice in customer service.

• Built business vision and mission, promotional policies & needs to develop public relations strategies that
ininfluenced ideas, products, & services.
Job Tranfer
Fueler/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Garden City, IDApril 18, 2016
I'd like to transfer my job to Canada. I work at a hub in Garden City Idaho. I'm willing to move to Canada. My fiance' lives Guelph. I work two part time shifts back to back. it's called a 22/3 job. I'm a fueler on my first shift. On my second shift I pick packages of or do a smalls job.
Pros
The best pay
Cons
Late nights
Work Environment
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
I strive to work within an establishment that is willing to motivate and elevate their employees. A motivated employee leads to a happy employee which is equal to a productive employee.
I believe in team playing and team building. A chain is as weak as its weakest link.
Horrible enviroment
Driver helper/Pre loader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 16, 2015
Horrible Management treat people like slaves not like humans only expect more from you than expect as detail. all Co-workers had a bad attitude just like working in a prison everyone try to just stab you in the back to get you in trouble.
Pros
great hours
Cons
Management and not enough pay