UPS Employee Reviews in Canada

Great environment
Operational Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 28, 2016
I started at BCP as a teller. After a few months, thanks to my dedication and co-workers support I was promoted to Quality Coordinator. I was to ensure that all customer service representatives followed company guidelines and procedures.

I learned about the financial world, how a bank works and operates and I made life long friends that I still keep in touch with.
Pros
great co-workers
long, repetative, driving
Driver, UPS (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCMay 15, 2015
enter the warehouse in the AM given 100 to 120 deliveries for the day, head out to make my stops. what I learned would be safe driving, management was tough at times. hardest part of the job would be working from 8am to 8pm mon-fri no breaks or you would finish even later. aside from weekends very little social life.
most enjoyable part would be the driving and interacting with costumers.
Pros
enjoyable costumers, benefits
Cons
Welcoming, productive workplace with co-workers willing to share their knowledge and assist one another.
Brokerage Representative II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2016
UPS-SCS is a fast paced environment that keeps me on my toes. A complex shipment at hand or workload requiring multi-tasking serves as an energizing force for me. Furthermore, it is always rewarding to see the end result in light of a successful release and customer satisfaction. It is a very welcoming environment to work in exhibited in employees’ willingness to assist each other with projects or workloads. Furthermore, senior employees are open to share their knowledge and expertise with new / junior employees. Thus, if one is eager to learn one may do so by finding mentorship among the senior custom broker representatives.
Slavery Job
Pre Loader (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QCApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work was like I was going to prison in the 1900 and was working as a slave. The work place is dirty and dangerous. Everyday you breath in dust and dirt. I used to blow my nose and black mucus came out. There is no team work. HR does not support you and even offers you to quit if you can't make the job / life balance work. The management are abusive and does not know how to be human and even less respectful. The manual labour is divided in 3 section. 1) People that load / unload the trucks 2) The drivers who we worked for since we loaded their trucks 3) Management. We got in trouble if the packages are not place in order in the truck by the driver and the management. We constantly have to fight management with the aid of our union who was understaffed and each pre-loader was overwhelm with the work load. As a consequence of the work load we would not even help each other. I left the job and remained with physical damages that took almost 2 years too heal after working 9 months only. Police were called because employees used to fight and even managers were suspended due to a fight due to racial comments. If there is one thing that I can say about that job is that it made me aggressive and even violent. My wife was afraid of me and could not recognize me. I wish I would have never found that job. It's all about the company and not the people working for it.
Cons
Overwork employees, and hourly pay is ridiculous.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at UPS is busy, and very tiring. Co-workers are friendly supportive and helpful. Hardest part of the job is dealing with jammed conveyor belts, broken machinery, Broken/ Heavy boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job is having break and leaving to go home at the end of the shift. -.-
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers, Few friendly supervisors.
Cons
Conveyor belts get jammed, Busy throughout the shift. parking outside is completely full. break is only 15 minute
Great experience and a lack of organization.
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 16, 2015
Pros:
-Part time shift with good benefits.
-Easy hours and awesome co-workers.
-Some great staff.

Cons
-Very unorganized. No direction. Misguided
-Working as one team.
-pay, career advancement is based on connections, big facility, sometimes very disorganized and chaotic.
-Never got trained and had to figure out everything by myself from day one.
Work
Preferred Customer Accounts (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QCMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work is long and very diversified in calls, i learned to manage my work pressure and manage the customers accordingly to the situation, co-workers treat you like a Team. Hardest part is finding a solution instantly, and the most enjoyable part of the job is solving a customers issue . location lachine
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not suitable for new parents, no aknowledgement
its a very good learning place with future apportunities
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work when it is quarter end when you learn how to meet good result on time. If we work hard and honest and respect co workers. it will be fun place to work. nothing is hard as far as we are willing to do it. and when you accomplish your duties end of the day. this is most enjoyble part of job
Pros
flexibility
Cons
nothing
Ups
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 2, 2016
They are a very secure and well established company.
But family life during the week is minimal and I'm a family man .
you are treated as a number not a human .
Good pay good benefits fun job but terrible management .Pushed to your max everyday , and no thanks just more the next day . Modern day slavery .
Pros
healthy life style, work outdoor, meet lots of people .
Cons
poorly treated and alwasy pushed to the max .
Productive, fast paced.
UPS Preloader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 10, 2016
UPS taught me a lot about working in a warehouse environment, working with pallets, packages, etc. Management was very good as well as the coworkers were very friendly. Hardest part of the job is unloading 53' long trailers. most enjoyable part of the is working with coworkers.
Good and almost great.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 13, 2015
Good benefits and work hours. Only real problem was favoritism with management. Other than that overall good place to work. Very employee driven employer. Having weekend and holidays off was nice.
Pros
Health benefits & weekends/holidays off
Cons
Stressful but that comes with call centers
Unorganized work place and low wages
Seasonal helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 24, 2016
Not the best to work at. There is two tier waging and you often work harder than your peers for much less money.

Very poorly organized employer. There system could be 100 times better.
Not the worst definitely not the best
Screener (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 22, 2015
Ok place to work managment is unorganized and set themselves apart from labourers. People are good most of the time but most of the ones that are there are there because they need the money. once you join the union sit back and wait 3 years to get to your top rate witch is $20 if you can last that long at minimum wage. I only recommend those who are going to school to apply
Pros
good money after 3 years, benefits
Cons
Minimum wage for 3 years, union fees kill your paycheek, cell phone not allowed at airport sights bad mangement
Run like the wind or fall into a pit of angry bees
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2016
Everyday full truck when shift starts at days end few parcels remain due to being unable get to every stop being expected to empty the truck of deliveries is a hassle there were times were that was possible .
Pros
fresh air
Cons
praying for help does not work
everyone had a positive attitude and good sense of humor
parts and utilities person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Most days were routined but if anything changed the other employees wouldnt mind giving a helping hand in anything including managers. Everyone was very responsible and owned up to their own work and though it was a very serious workplace everyone had a great sense of humor
Pros
steady work and understanding managerial staff
Cons
no cons
Fast Based Work Place
Customer Service / Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2016
• Trained business owners on marketing/advertising strategies, logistics and best practice in customer service.

• Built business vision and mission, promotional policies & needs to develop public relations strategies that
ininfluenced ideas, products, & services.
Derlivery
Driver (Courier Delivery) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
Fast peace place lots of driving with excellent customer service, work without supervisor, resolve issue, help customer, deliver on time, load and unload, maintain logbook and vehicle.
good
Cons
30 months salary very low
Job Tranfer
Fueler/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Garden City, IDApril 18, 2016
I'd like to transfer my job to Canada. I work at a hub in Garden City Idaho. I'm willing to move to Canada. My fiance' lives Guelph. I work two part time shifts back to back. it's called a 22/3 job. I'm a fueler on my first shift. On my second shift I pick packages of or do a smalls job.
Pros
The best pay
Cons
Late nights
Good part time work
Package Handler, Driver Helper, Preloader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 28, 2016
pretty good place to work if your looking for part time work. If your young apply now. It would take you 5-10 years to be a full time driver
Pros
part time worker health benefits
Cons
not enough hours. hard to advance
Horrible Owners
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCJuly 21, 2016
Franchise Owner is a joke. Fires people illegally, makes you work long hours with no overtime, abuses his employees and stock by forcing free work constantly. Do NOT work for the one in Vernon.
Pros
zero
Cons
everything