UPS Employee Reviews

not sure
International Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
I worked here and I loved it the only issue was it was part time only or I would have stayed forever. I did all the processing of packages to go international so when the drivers came back he gave them to us and we made sure everything was correct like the paperwork,invoice,custom paper wtc
Pros
Fun
Cons
Fun
Excellent workplace
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2017
It's undoubtedly an excellent workplace with high business ethics and professionalism. Team members share a great bond with each other and the managers are highly supportive. Awesome experience indeed!
Big company with different sets of Management rules
IT - Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 June 2017
Enjoyed my time with different management around as it's a big corporation there are different rules and regulations. Nothing to say as it's a good name to have it on your resume.
Pros
Loved working with different teams globaly
Cons
Politics
Tough but Fair
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
It is what it is Tough work all day everyday, but none the less you can meet great people, and stay for the company, Ever wanted to lift weights and get paid? Here You Are
amazing workplace but its hard to move up.
Supply Chain Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
Great place to learn a lot about the logistics industry.
Management was very supportive all the way.
The only negative part - Its really tough to move up in this company as the advancement part was too slow.
Productive and flexible place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2017
Worked night shift it can be rather easy in the summer tome but when the christmas rush comes in expect long nights and make sure to be in very good physical condition. They are very flexible with your hours no reason not to apply.
Pros
Free lunch some fridays
Cons
Takes a toll on your body over time
Work Hard Play Hard
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
UPS is a good job but one that needs a strong individual. The stress level is very high, and if you are not one who does well under pressure or gets angry quickly than this is not the place for you.
A Stake and Potatoes Kind of Job
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 June 2017
Being on the group lever of UPS. one is still regarded as having capacity to operate an any role under the unionized jobs. opportunities in unionized jobs are not restricted to internal candidates
Pros
understand management
Cons
Not a space for free thinking
Very good workplace to get a feel of the printing and designing field
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 June 2017
Everyday can be different with different customers coming in wanting a new design and seeing their faces seeing their ideas printed on paper is worth it. Granted there are moments when you don't hit the mark right away but that's the best part about designing, right back to the computer and make those subtle or major changes.

My boss is nice to me and the customers for either shipping or printing.
Pros
Excellent at getting your foot in the door in the Graphic Design field
Cons
Must work under stress and deadlines
Packing and Shipping
Assistant to owner (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON7 June 2017
First week I learned how to packing boxes and shipping, I learned to used computers for shipping, printed, coppies and I learnet to used Fax, I separed emails box, etc.
Pros
20 min
Cons
4 hours
Factory hard labor work and not recommended
Package Handler / Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON6 June 2017
Very tough company to go up in rankings. Very tough work load and day to day duties. Factory heavy lifting the air inside is terrible to breathe, your back will be hurting and it is not worth the 4 hour slavery shifts.
Fast paced job, great for students
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2017
As a part-time employee my shifts were short but hard work, and very fast paced. UPS is a great place for students to work. Offering decent salaries, and fairly good benefits.
Good job and work place
Package/Parcel Delivery person (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON5 June 2017
Like the job and co workers and management.
Hard to get on full time or even regular hours when you are only part time.
Not a lot of advancement opportunities
Pros
Good job. Enjoy the work
Cons
Not enough hours
very tiring
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Canada5 June 2017
Very hard physical job. They don't appreciate what you do there. Management is very disorganized and the only thing that is good for the worker is the pay. Very bad hour schedule.
Pros
short hours
Cons
Night shift
Not the best place of employment
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2017
Not exactly a great place to work for. There was a serious lack of respect and very mismanaged. the main reason for leaving was my immediate supervisor for our loading line was instigating a fist fight with a fellow co-worker and didn't feel safe working in that atmosphere.
ups
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
a typical day at work would be getting dispatched out in the morning and making deliveries and pickups during the day then returning back to the main center.

Ive learned proper driving rules and techniques while on the road and learning to practice safer driving methods.

the management is very approachable and very fair and always willing to work to help the employees.
Good working environment
Walker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 June 2017
A typical day at work, i usually meet my driver at a walmart centre. Then we drive dropping off packages. I learnt how to be very organized and punctual and work at a fast pace environment. Good working environment but no specific schedule, the latter being the hardest part of the job. You have no idea when you are going to be called in. The most enjoyable part was the drive to drop of packages.
Cons
No schedule
Physical, fast pace and fun environment
Smalls Sorter (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC25 May 2017
Unloaded and loaded packages en route to final destination. Worked with some fun and dedicated employees. Job was physical and fast which keeps you in shape.
Productive and fun workplace with a lot of trees
Store Floor Manager & Western Union Agent (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC25 May 2017
Very peaceful and efficient. Fast paced work seems to flow by with the forest nearby.

The boss also has a service dog, so the company makes the day fly by so much faster.
Fast- paced working environment.
Hub Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 May 2017
Fast-paced working environment. Never a dull moment. Stressful but fun. There are some days that are easy too. Management group that I worked with are very professional.

CEO Approval