UPS Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun workplace
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 May 2017
A typical day at work begins at precisely 4:00 on the dot on the afternoon shift. I have learned a great deal while in my position and in such a short while. The biggest factor about this job is the teamwork that is involved in making sure that things run as smoothly as possible. The culture here is very good and the people I work with are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is the physical nature that is involved but the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
Free Lunches sometimes
Cons
Physically demanding
Fast paced and diverse work environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 May 2017
It was a learning experience in the shipping and receiving departments. It helped in the improvement of customer dealings and team playing. It was the most enjoyable job i had until now.
Pros
Free lunches and good hours of operation
Cons
No health benefits
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 May 2017
The UPS store is a very productive workplace. You get to work and right away you are doing what needs to be done until you are off or on break. I learned that to be successful in business you must stay true to your word and always thoroughly communicate with the customers to ensure that you do everything to their standards. The management of the store is lacking in many aspects. They are unorganized and it is hard to follow what actually needs to be done in the day. For the few of us that work at the UPS store we are very cultural people. The owners are Muslim, and the manager is Mormon. The hardest part of the job is trying to understand exactly what the owners and manager are asking for in a day. Many times they ask me to do three things at once and I find that very difficult to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly environment.
fun work environment
F.T. Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 May 2017
friendly, comfortable environment with very approachable people. every day is structured and consistent. lots of room for growth within the company at any stage of entry
Pros
great break room
Fast moving
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON3 May 2017
Drive and deliver at a fast pace. NO HOME Life.
Lots of pressure.Hardest part is keeping timings and dealing with traffic..Best part is dealing with public.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Long hours with lots of pressure
Productive Place
Delivery Helper (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 May 2017
UPS is a good starter job similar to a warehouse job with similar tasks. Loading, unloading, packaging, sorting and delivering certain packages to the right stores
Pros
Easy Going with everything
Extremely busy and fast paced work environment
Intl Freight Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 April 2017
A typical day would start at 7am and end at approximately 6pm.
Every day was a learning experience. Always something new to learn in the freight and logistics business. Management was not always the easiest to deal with, however, I would only say this of my direct manager and not the company as a whole. Fellow employees made it a good working environment. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the wealth of knowledge gained on an almost daily basis.
Pros
Wealth of knowledge and experience gained.
Cons
Tgis is a great cimpany to work for. Happy people in a fast paced environment.
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2017
UPS is a great company for people that want to be challenged both mentally and physically. It involves a high level of multitasking and time management. It's fun for those who love to strategize and problem solve.
bonne environnement de travail
Manutentionnaire (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2017
• Charger, décharger et déplacer des produits des produit et des matériaux, à la main ou a laide d’accessoires de manutention
• Remplir d’autre fonctions liées à la manutention telles que compter, peser, trier, emballer et déballer divers produits et matériaux
• Effectuer le placement des produits et faire leurs rotations
• Participer à l’inventaire
Good pay for hours worked, but bad pay compared to competition
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON26 April 2017
I would say that UPS is a good place to be as an everyday employee; once you get into management though, I would strictly use UPS as a place to gain experience in a management environment, then leave as soon as possible to a better paid, less physically demanding management job.

Want to know more about UPS?

Ask a question
Excellent work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 April 2017
Working at the UPS Store was my first real experience in retail/management, and my first paid employment experience. I was paid handsomely for my work, and I gained extensive knowledge about the shipping industry and graphic design from my co-workers.
Pros
Flexible work times
Cons
Slow working hours; most customers arrive to receive or send out packages
Highly productive environment. Very fast-paced
package handler (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON14 April 2017
UPS Canada is a very interesting and intriguing place to work. At work, it's mostly loading trailers and it's very fast-paced. I've adapted really well and can work in an extremely fast-paced environment. The people at UPS are very welcoming and the supervisors are extremely kind. The hardest part of the job is when heavy flow comes and there are hotshots when trailers are bombarded with boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people and how fun and entertaining the environment is.
Pros
Recognition - Free pizza every week
Cons
Late nights - finish around 12-2 a.m.
student placement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 April 2017
I had my student placement at UPS and learned so many new skills. I had to deal with customers, copying machines and cash. The owner was pivotal in my learning.
best job ever
office clerk (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC8 April 2017
everyday was an awesome day at work.
happy smiling colleges.
funniest drivers, i had the best drivers team. they make my day.
nothing was hard about this job.
i get all my work done within time.
best boss ever. every friday was pizza party.
i dont have any complains.
Pros
every friday free meals. long vacation breaks
permanent part-time job
PART-TIME PACKAGE-HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC7 April 2017
loading and unloading packages from trailers by hand . also scan packages with a small hand strapped scanner . very physical , high paced , fast moving job ! learned to multitask ... do job fast also !! work can be from 3- 5 hours maximum ...usually !
Pros
great hourly salary ...increases
Cons
part time only
Fun place to work for.
Customs Broker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 April 2017
Pros:
- you get to meet many people, you can plan your shifts, good communication with the employer

Cons:

- The management team is never there for you when you need it.
Disorganized
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2017
Overall ambiance is good and the management is cooperative but the company is pretty huge and disorganized when it comes to communication and implementing the system.
Physical workplace
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON4 April 2017
Parcels are heavy at times and stop counts can make a very chaotic day. The time allowed to deliver these parcels are not always fair or realistic. Very fast paced job.
Pros
Benefits are good and top wage is very good
Cons
Long hard hours
Not very organized
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 April 2017
Disgusting expectations for low amount of pay, it requires too much damage to to body for the reward. Unless you're a drive or Office worker, you will be benefited. Anyone in the Warehouse with surely regret the job.
One of the worst run facilities.
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2017
Management is absolutely clueless.
They treat their employees like literal slaves.
You are expected to break your back for minimal pay, while supervisors talk down to you like you're some sort of cattle.
Safety standards are also abysmal...

If you can hold out and find somewhere more promising to work, or to become a driver with them, by-pass UPS altogether.
Especially if you're outspoken and challenge their "intelligence". They don't like that.
Pros
Benefita. Apparently..
Cons
Unorganized staff, unsafe training/supervising staff, general lack of competence in managerial staff.