UPS Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great job if you're in school !
Drive Helper and Package Pre Loader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Early mornings, 80% off tuition, benefits, paid weekly
Cons: Short shifts, maximum 25 hours weeks
The Package Preloaded position is an amazing job if you're a student as you're hours range from 4:30 am to 10:00 am. After your shift you have an entire day to go about your business (such as school). UPS also offers 80% off of your tuition which is a great incentive. There is also lots of room to grow in this company and it is awesome to see how many employee's have worked for the company for 10+ years!!
Great people to work with, always helping each other.
Package Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Really nothing
Cons: Management have more respect.
They hire you at start of a busy season, then they cut your hours down to 3 days a week, then to nothing and they expect you to survive on no money. You really don't get to the 90 days probation period. Your job is not guaranteed, it all about favoritism with the supervisor or the boss. They expect the new hires to be good as the ones be there for over 10 years. Think twice before taking sny stand with UPS.
Overwork employees, and hourly pay is ridiculous.
Package Handler (Current Employee), Concord, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Friendly Co-Workers, Few friendly supervisors.
Cons: Conveyor belts get jammed, Busy throughout the shift. parking outside is completely full. break is only 15 minute
A typical day at UPS is busy, and very tiring. Co-workers are friendly supportive and helpful. Hardest part of the job is dealing with jammed conveyor belts, broken machinery, Broken/ Heavy boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job is having break and leaving to go home at the end of the shift. -.-
not recommened if you want hours
mall walker (Former Employee), edmonton albertaApril 10, 2016
Pros: pay
Cons: not guaranteed hours
Worked as a helper and delivered in a mall. Was hired on the basis that I would be working 5 days a week and working minimum 4 hours. Was told I could leave after 4 hours. This was a lie. I would have to call in daily and maybe work and maybe not. In non christmas season I would work 2-3 days in 6 weeks on average. Still had to pay full union dues whether I worked or not.
Drivers get more shifts then helpers and if the deliveries on the road were slow they would bump mall walkers and that is why I hardly got hours.
The management continually break union rules and if us staff bring it up we get in trouble even though management were the ones breaking rules.
Definitely don't recommend them at all!
Productive and fun job being a manager is amazing
Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 11, 2016
Conduct regular courier Services, both international and domestic.
• General office tasks and correspondence i.e. sorting daily mails, creating
graphic designs for customers (business cards), have a good knowledge of
Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, photocopying, faxing and
filing, cerlox binding, fast typing ability (type resumes, letters for the customers).
• Work independently, always very organized and responsible for each job.
• Manage customer accounts details.
• Established and promote a positive, team-oriented work environment
emphasizing employee invo
Not a bad place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 3, 2016
Pros: Good pay after awhile, Union, Good people, Fun, Outdoors
Cons: Poor management
Working for UPS summs up like this. BUSY! But fun. You meet alot of great people and a great team atmostphere. The management is a bit of a joke. But the employee's are great here.

I cannot stress this enough... Prepare to be BUSY!

The pay sucks at the start but stick with it and it will be a job that will easily carry you all the way to retirement.
Fun place to work. I worked in west edmonton mall and made deliveries to almost all vendors in the mall.
Helper/Walker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
A typical day would start at 9:30 and we would do a sort of our five ton truck. Then deliver all of our timed deliveries. We need to work as a team to get our truck done. There is five off us who work out of this truck. We would divide up into five sections of the mall to get everything done on time. Time management was essential to get the job done.
everyone had a positive attitude and good sense of humor
parts and utilities person (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: steady work and understanding managerial staff
Cons: no cons
Most days were routined but if anything changed the other employees wouldnt mind giving a helping hand in anything including managers. Everyone was very responsible and owned up to their own work and though it was a very serious workplace everyone had a great sense of humor
Awful Experience
Preloader (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: THIS IS A TEMPORARY JOB
Don't be fooled. This is a seasonal only job although they dont advertise it. You will be hired in a group of 4 or 5 people and promised things like benefits, unionized, pension, top rate of pay amongst others. You are only their as a helper to handlencurrent overflow.

The Management at UPS have no compassion for individuals trying to raise a family looking for a promising opportunity only to find out I've been lied to and the job is a temporary helper position, which the management at UPS will wait till your last shift needed before telling you.

DON'T BE FOOLED.....THIS IS A TERRIBLE JOB AND OFFERS NO LONGEVITY WHATSOEVER.
Welcoming, productive workplace with co-workers willing to share their knowledge and assist one another.
Brokerage Representative II (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2016
UPS-SCS is a fast paced environment that keeps me on my toes. A complex shipment at hand or workload requiring multi-tasking serves as an energizing force for me. Furthermore, it is always rewarding to see the end result in light of a successful release and customer satisfaction. It is a very welcoming environment to work in exhibited in employees’ willingness to assist each other with projects or workloads. Furthermore, senior employees are open to share their knowledge and expertise with new / junior employees. Thus, if one is eager to learn one may do so by finding mentorship among the senior custom broker representatives.
Fun and Fast Paced work environment
Walker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: Never staying in the same place for too long
I loved working for UPS as a seasonal walker. The driver I was paired with had a great personality, and always took the time to make sure I was fully prepared before leaving me to my route. I have nothing but positive things to say about UPS and the employment opportunity they provided me.
Work Environment
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
I strive to work within an establishment that is willing to motivate and elevate their employees. A motivated employee leads to a happy employee which is equal to a productive employee.
I believe in team playing and team building. A chain is as weak as its weakest link.
UPS a diverse company, second largest parcel service in Canada, consist of share and stake holders. A billionaire company with a lot room to grow
Revenue Recovery Supervisor (Current Employee), 2900 Steeles Avenue, Concord. ONMarch 1, 2016
Very good company to work with, challenge at times but keep my focus, enjoyed working with people. Ups is a multicultural company with many benefits.
Family (Married couple) owned franchise
Graphic Design & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Locally convenient, fantastic clientelle
Cons: Management: married couple
The owners of this franchise were not prepared or equipt with the skills to run a business. They also brought their marital/personal life into the store, which greatly affected the daily opperations of the business.
Job Tranfer
Fueler/Sorter (Current Employee), Garden City, IDApril 18, 2016
Pros: The best pay
Cons: Late nights
I'd like to transfer my job to Canada. I work at a hub in Garden City Idaho. I'm willing to move to Canada. My fiance' lives Guelph. I work two part time shifts back to back. it's called a 22/3 job. I'm a fueler on my first shift. On my second shift I pick packages of or do a smalls job.
Productive, fast paced.
UPS Preloader (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 10, 2016
UPS taught me a lot about working in a warehouse environment, working with pallets, packages, etc. Management was very good as well as the coworkers were very friendly. Hardest part of the job is unloading 53' long trailers. most enjoyable part of the is working with coworkers.
Fun workplace
Truck Loader (Current Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: free coffees
Cons: short hours of work
Productive and fun place to work in. It has a fair salary and with good benefits/incentives. The hardest part of the job is when it's peek season because there are lots boxes and are too heavy. The enjoyable part of the job is having nice and friendly co-workers around.
fast pace work place,Very hot or cold depending on the season.Great place to work, good benefits.P
Package Handler (Former Employee), Fort Erie, ONNovember 11, 2015
Pros: Good Raises, Support from Management.
Cons: Short hours
Shifts were always busy, trucks were alway full and Christmas was overtime,
Coworkers were great and helpful. Management was fair.

The hardest part of the job was Summer days and the truck was very hot and the custom guys want to look(go though) most the packages, depending on whose name was on the package.

The most enjoyable part of the day was when we did morning warm up with one supervisor.She would make everyone stretch before each shift, she didn't want any injuries, I got a great work out, was in great shape. I enjoyed my time at U.P.S.
Part-time Warehouse Supervisor / Sorter (Former Employee), Concord, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: COMPANY PENSION
Cons: NO FULL TIME
I worked part time a supervisor and sorter, hardest part of this job was when we were under staffed, what I learned from this job is how to multitask and work underheavy pressure. The most thing I loved about thisjob was working with alot of great people.
Ugh, that secretary at HR
packaging (Former Employee), Concord, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: No pros
Cons: there is so much
A month ago I went to an interview and the HR secretary seems to have an attitude and always on the phone, listening to music and talking to someone for the longest time when people are waiting preciously for 30 minutes, waiting for her to finish her conversation. UPS needs to fire her. Very poor.

Also the employees also seem to have an attitude, not sure if its the job, but working 3-5 hrs isnt stressful .
Links