UPS

UPS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
HORRIBLE
Dangerous Goods Auditor (Former Employee), Concord, ONJuly 21, 2015
Cons: Everything
applied for an admin job, but ended up doing everything around the warehouse. They force you into doing labor or anything you don't want, DON'T RECOMMEND WORKING HERE.
Not a good place to work, very disorganized
Customs Broker (Current Employee), FrederictonJuly 8, 2015
Ups is not a good place to work,, They do not help to excel and like to look good with the public but treat employes unfairly.
Great Company… However...
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Concord, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Innovative Company
Cons: Poor management
Every company has its pros and cons. Ranging from a good management structure, employee advancement opportunities and many others perks and benefits. However, since the last several years with UPS, I have seen a decrease proper training for the management team (operations) and poor employee relations. As a result, the work has environment has become challenging and is not conducive to the employees mental and physical well being. The employees are treated as "less than," like if they were a piece of property that the company purchased. Furthermore, the employee moral is low.
New experience on cutomer service and crowd control
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2015
provided full training and team work experience, plus a fair pay, opportunity to work and communicate close to low enforcement agencies such as Edmonton Police Department .

Also offered different on job experience by relocation and job titles.
I, was promoted to team lead then to shift supervisor after 1 year.

Also participated on training new hires.
The hardest part was the long hours sometimes and dealing with out of hand library goers .
excellent!
Driver Helper/walker (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 20, 2015
Excellent employer to work for, typical day was fun filled and face paced. Improved my interpersonal skills, co-workers were great people, couldn't ask for better people to work with. the hardest part of the job was remembering customers names. the most enjoyable part was seeing the smiles on my customers faces when I delivered their parcel.
Great experience and a lack of organization.
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 16, 2015
Pros:
-Part time shift with good benefits.
-Easy hours and awesome co-workers.
-Some great staff.

Cons
-Very unorganized. No direction. Misguided
-Working as one team.
-pay, career advancement is based on connections, big facility, sometimes very disorganized and chaotic.
-Never got trained and had to figure out everything by myself from day one.
Good and almost great.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJune 13, 2015
Pros: Health benefits & weekends/holidays off
Cons: Stressful but that comes with call centers
Good benefits and work hours. Only real problem was favoritism with management. Other than that overall good place to work. Very employee driven employer. Having weekend and holidays off was nice.
Mail man
Student Practicum (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Compliments
Cons: Micro Managing
Dealt with customers on the daily basis, handled all cash, debit and visa transactions. Went to the bank and deposited cheques and moneys that my employer made. Took order and followed instructions well.
Fast paced, but extremely rewarding.
Driver Help (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Fast Paced, Good Advancement Opportunites, Lots of Excercise
Cons: Varying Hours/Overtime, Climate, Lots of Excercise
As a driver helper, I assisted in the Christmas rush with UPS. The atmosphere was pleasant for the amount of work and every day was unique. I learned a lot about UPS' basic delivery process. I learned that this is a good opportunity for those seeking to become drivers but see themselves out of consideration.
Stressful workplace but with benefits
Preloader (Former Employee), Calgary ABJune 3, 2015
Strict deadlines and work requirements. Management was not very supportive and willing to listen to employee feedback.
Package Loader
Package Handler (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 29, 2015
One month training program to get you started. The job will get you into shape. Relatively a great part time job that pays well, as it has a workers union. If you give them a good attendance record, being on time and present for your shift on a regular basis, they will help pay for education if you go to college or university. If you want more hours to work, they will gladly take a trained worker to help out during busy seasons in other departments. Its a very big company, and will soon have a subway at their doorstep.
Package Handler
Package Handler (Current Employee), Concord, ONMay 27, 2015
Same thing day after day. No chance to show my true ability as a Package Handler. Poor working conditions and very disorganized.
Valuable Learning
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Brantford, ONMay 21, 2015
The experience has been a valuable learning tool, but not a career that I could see myself in long term as at the retail level there is little Human Resource work for me, because the majority of that role is done by the owner.
good company
Automotive supervisor (Current Employee), Concord, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: freedom of hours
Cons: long hours (12 plus per day)
I find my immediate management good but the hours are a lot longer than discussed and that I would like in my current position.
long, repetative, driving
Driver, UPS (Former Employee), Brossard, QCMay 15, 2015
Pros: enjoyable costumers, benefits
Cons: long hours
enter the warehouse in the AM given 100 to 120 deliveries for the day, head out to make my stops. what I learned would be safe driving, management was tough at times. hardest part of the job would be working from 8am to 8pm mon-fri no breaks or you would finish even later. aside from weekends very little social life.
most enjoyable part would be the driving and interacting with costumers.
Productive and Fast Paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), VancouverMay 14, 2015
Pros: Small Shifts
Cons: Less hours
Productive and fast paced environment with business services and solution. This gave me an amazing experience of business environment along with professionalism.
Productive and easy to do job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 4, 2015
Here at UPS Store we have tuesdays and fridays as typical days of work.
i learned many things at this job, such as how to make use designing tools to create business cards and how to converse with different type of costumers.
A great company with a great history and a dark side
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Concord, ONMay 3, 2015
Pros: Good pay, Good company, Good union. History is on the side of both.
Cons: Promotion from within process is cancerous.
Overall, I enjoyed my time at UPS. I worked in one of the skilled trades positions that was regarded as a protected asset and during most of my time there, I felt like we were compensated well but we were usually treated like possessions by junior management (supervisors).

The biggest issue was (is) the foolish promotion process that insisted on 'promotion from within' as the only source of talent. The failure to look outwards for talent and ideas is slowly killing this historic company. The practice tends to favour and encourage the non-producers from the unionized ranks to join the management team while the producers continue to push the company forward. I once questioned this practice and a senior manager (who had come along years earlier from the 'outside') admitted to me that 'we make money in spite of ourselves'.

I left the company under a cloud, one year after I rebuffed the 'order' to put my letter of intent in for joining management. The resultant investigation saw me 'asked' to return to work by the Teamsters and being paid for lost time. My co-workers that still remain (10 years later) tell me that the responsible supervisory group from that time is totally broken up across Canada and have not been promoted any further. The managers are all gone.

The several people promoted after I left were all upstanding team players and the upper management that is in place is a solid group. It's a shame the senior supervisors have not been removed completely in order to prevent this type of cancer from growing again. Institutional memory is often limited and short.
Fun working environment
Revenue Recovery Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 28, 2015
Good environment and more importantly great benefits. School subsidies as well as important incentives in terms of outside transactions (eg. shopping, companies, destinations...).
Not the worst definitely not the best
Screener (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: good money after 3 years, benefits
Cons: Minimum wage for 3 years, union fees kill your paycheek, cell phone not allowed at airport sights bad mangement
Ok place to work managment is unorganized and set themselves apart from labourers. People are good most of the time but most of the ones that are there are there because they need the money. once you join the union sit back and wait 3 years to get to your top rate witch is $20 if you can last that long at minimum wage. I only recommend those who are going to school to apply

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more