UPS
7,509 reviews

UPS Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not the worst definitely not the best
Screener (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: good money after 3 years, benefits
Cons: Minimum wage for 3 years, union fees kill your paycheek, cell phone not allowed at airport sights bad mangement
Ok place to work managment is unorganized and set themselves apart from labourers. People are good most of the time but most of the ones that are there are there because they need the money. once you join the union sit back and wait 3 years to get to your top rate witch is $20 if you can last that long at minimum wage. I only recommend those who are going to school to apply
Human Resources Internship
HR Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2015
Great exposure to the multi-faceted HR department within a large scale company. Staff is extremely helpful and informative, providing insight to how Human Resources affect the processes within the Toronto Area logistics. 5/5 great company to be part of.
UPS previous worker. Worse place to work
Driver (Former Employee), N EdmontonApril 21, 2015
UPS Edmonton North, worst place ever to work, I worked with them for almost one year but, and they will treat like a slave, they tell you to stay home while they give your work to the new people that they hire. I hear it was a good company before but now they hired uneducated staffs that have any pity the employees, they just trying to fire old employees to get some bonuses. I do not recommend this company for anyone because its really stressful and they will yell at you like a kid all day long. Unfortunately, they don't give any insurance coverage before on year. They will promise you many thinks remember that the profit here is more important than human beings. they looking for the cheap labor to use and to expel when its little be slow. I thing they will go down one day its my very sad et the most worst experience ever in life. I rather die than going to work for this company. Please run a way from it, they mess up your life.
Can handle multiple task while keeping strict to deadlines
Material Delivery (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Organized and maintained strict attendance record.
Collaborate with colleagues and supervisor of projects and shift work
Learn to process new projects in managing cases for new project.
Solve and provide solutions to customer needs
The hardest part of my work is dealing with difficult internal and external customers
The most enjoyable part is learning new computer skills for new projects
Great and enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great environment, work was relatively enjoyable
Cons: N/A
The UPS store made sure that my tenure there for the summer was the best it could be. In a typical day of work I learned various skills from operating the cashier to organizing packages of all shapes and sizes.
Productive and can learn somting new
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Can learn different languages and culture
Cons: Long Hours
Tuseday is the longest day for the business
learnt different languages and different cultures
Co workers are ready to help you any time
Hardest part of the job is long hours
Daily routine
Package Handler/ Safety Member (Current Employee), Concord, ONApril 5, 2015
If I am doing safety committee work, I would be conducting sessions with new employees on safety procedures. I will also have to make sure that they know and understand those safety procedures by testing their knowledge. Then if I am working with those new employees I would assist them on their task making sure they complete their paper work right and have proper loading technique. I would also make safety observations in areas and see what people are doing wrong and what they could put them at risk. When I am not doing safety work, I am loading packages in cans. This involves me being keen and detail orientated. This is because I have to make sure the right packages are going to their destination. The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with my coworkers and new employees and hearing what is their concerns on the job. Being apart of the safety committee permits me to hear out what fellow workers have an issue with and making steps into resolving those issues.
Enjoyed the people I worked with
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 20, 2015
I learned different things at this store. How to bind books, stapling books, and setting up a copier for different types of copying,
Fast Paced, Busy and Fun
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: company bonuses, bbq's, free lunches, overtime
Cons: night shifts
Day to day duties well define
Always a busy and productive day
Time well spent and gone by fast
Management good, trustworthy and easy to work with/for
No micro managing
waterloo furniture
Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great pay!!
Cons: very hot conditions.
pretty strenuous place to work, when the line starts to move you have to move along with it without stopping. very hot and uncomfortable but......if you like to be very active and physical in the work place this could be a dream job.
productive and enjoyable work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2015
I enjoyed working at UPS, I obtained multiple skills. I learned time management for meeting customers needs, learned how to handle and defuse extremely upset customers. enjoyed the presence of every co-worker, I reported directly to multiple levels of management on a daily basis.
hardest management ever
Package Handler / Air Sorter (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 11, 2015
First job for me in Canada. nothing to say about it, except it was an ok job. normal stuff to do at work, loading and unloading, learnt the job within few weeks. how to scan the barcodes, how to load the trucks, how to do audits and extra,
Great place to work and interact with the public
Manager (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 6, 2015
The work day has many challenges from start to finish. Dealing with various clients from shipping to shredding. The staff here is incredible always going the extra mile to make sure every customer is taken care of.
Overall rating $ 18.00
Administration Assistant/Dock Auditor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches hours
Cons: over time hours and weekends when busy
A typical day at work was my first night of reporting to work. It was my first day to work at night in my whole entire life, I felt sleepy,tied and missed very much for my bed including the children. Gradually I learned to stay awake and began to focus, performed duties well and ended up working at UPS for 9 years until most of employees were laid off including myself. I managed and organized employee relationship meetings in order to improve occupational Health and safety problems and other related work duties. I communicated well with my co-workers and worked as team in order to achieve future goals for the organization. The hardest part of the job was when economy was beginning to decline, less productions or percales were received and obviously we knew that soon or later, UPS will eliminate some of full time employees in order to avoid expenses and benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job, was that every Christmas, UPS provided huge turkeys and bonuses (money) to all employees, and every month employees who had high productions were receiving gift vouchers for gas, movies or supermarket food
Productive workplace
Maintenance W2 (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 3, 2015
- They provide overtime and other jobs within the company
- They provide training for machinery
- The Co-workers and the management are friendly
Detail oriented
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 2, 2015
this job although dealing primarily on shipping, can involve attention to detail with it's various side projects. These projects can include graphic design, collating, printing, photocopying, etc.
Friendly place to work with kind co-workers
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: delivering in the cold weather
I would arrive at work and be given packages with my driver to deliver. The driver would drop me off with a cart and packages and I would go door to door delivering packages. I learned to deliver packages with efficiency and to provided excellent customer service. The management were kind. My co-workers were friendly and enjoyable to be with. The hardest part of the job was delivering outside during the winter. The most enjoyable part of the job was delivering to the customers and seeing them happy when they got their packages.
Great experienced
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: 8hrs a day
Great experienced working in a UPS, people there are awesome, they are very nice which is helped me to became a good communicator more, and improved my customer service skills.
A decent place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lachine, QCFebruary 21, 2015
Basically, it's a decent place to work at. The good points are: flexibility, very good benefits, promotion from within, and almost impossible to get fired. The bad points: very bureaucratic, borderline-useless management, and almost impossible to get fired (a lot of useless people who shouldn't work there).
team work
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee), mississaugaFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I enjoy working as a team work. team work means thing can be done more effectively and productively. I am very flex able to work there.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more