UPS Employee Reviews

Possible resonable paying job if you can put up with being ground to dust
Full Time Driver (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCAugust 26, 2016
Typical day of work includes being over-dispatched(overworked) for no reason other than the Company wants to make higher profit margins. Their version of an 8 hour day is really 9+ (YOUR personal life is irrelevant). Great if you love overtime, BAD if you have a Family you actually want to see. LONG way to "top wage". They will destroy your mind & body long before you get there.
Pros
Approximately $30/hr CDN if you can get there
Cons
Long days, depressing work, work in weather extremes
Discriminatory rule system
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONSeptember 19, 2016
Working for UPS was terrible, first they don't allow facial hair of any kind except for a mustache.. What year is this? Business men have beards and it has become a style for many men. Such an archaic rule system.

The Drivers were always rude and I got treated poorly, I felt like I was just a burden on their day, that is not how you should feel at work. There was barely any shifts and I'd have to wait the day of to find out if I worked that morning.

Overall a terrible company to work for.
Cons
discrimantory rule system, very little shifts
Slow pace, but quite place to work and relaxing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 4, 2016
My typical day at work would be helping customer face to face send packages, and shipment to different city and international, I would also handle questions over the phone regarding parcels and shipment and print jobs.

I open and close, mostly close and do the end of the day cash out and handle cash on a daily basis.
Cons
short hours
Great environment
Operational Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 28, 2016
I started at BCP as a teller. After a few months, thanks to my dedication and co-workers support I was promoted to Quality Coordinator. I was to ensure that all customer service representatives followed company guidelines and procedures.

I learned about the financial world, how a bank works and operates and I made life long friends that I still keep in touch with.
Pros
great co-workers
Productive work place
Sales Associate/ Graphic Designer (key holder) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBAugust 8, 2016
- Mornings can be rather quiet but picks up significantly during the day.
- Learned a large amount of print knowledge and furthered my design and customer skills.
- Management is great, the main reason i have been there as long as i have.
Pros
got to meet and make business relations with different people.
Cons
stretches of no customers
productive and fun workplace
Walker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 14, 2016
usually went on thru thru the day and rarely fatigue.
I've learned to use a diad scanner and release deliveries.
the management was excellent.
my co workers made the day and job a lot easier by properly explaining my equipment and job.
the hardest part of the job would've been getting used to the diad and operating it with no light in the dark.
the most part i enjoyed about my job was customer satisfaction, and the bond with my co workers.
Great people to work with
Area HR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONAugust 28, 2016
Great company advancement, education assistance, pension and stock options available. Great opportunities for lateral transfers and the opportunity to learn about the transportation industry.
Pros
career opportunities exist from part time to full time
Cons
demands and expectations do not coincide with the salary
its a very good learning place with future apportunities
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work when it is quarter end when you learn how to meet good result on time. If we work hard and honest and respect co workers. it will be fun place to work. nothing is hard as far as we are willing to do it. and when you accomplish your duties end of the day. this is most enjoyble part of job
Pros
flexibility
Cons
nothing
Work
Preferred Customer Accounts (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QCMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work is long and very diversified in calls, i learned to manage my work pressure and manage the customers accordingly to the situation, co-workers treat you like a Team. Hardest part is finding a solution instantly, and the most enjoyable part of the job is solving a customers issue . location lachine
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not suitable for new parents, no aknowledgement
Fast-Paced Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBSeptember 5, 2016
Fast-paced work environment with prompt deadlines to meet in the Sales department. Co-workers were great but it was a highly fast-paced job with strict quotas to meet. Loved working in the sales department working with new clientele, etc.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stressful at times
Demonstrate ability to work hard.
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  1930 Derry Rd. EastSeptember 8, 2016
A day working at UPS is you need to be able to multi task and set timelines.

I learned management, reporting skills and relationships with other business partners.

Working with my co-workers was good.

Analyzing data making sure you had the correct information.
Ups
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 2, 2016
They are a very secure and well established company.
But family life during the week is minimal and I'm a family man .
you are treated as a number not a human .
Good pay good benefits fun job but terrible management .Pushed to your max everyday , and no thanks just more the next day . Modern day slavery .
Pros
healthy life style, work outdoor, meet lots of people .
Cons
poorly treated and alwasy pushed to the max .
not recommened if you want hours
mall walker (Former Employee) –  edmonton albertaApril 10, 2016
Worked as a helper and delivered in a mall. Was hired on the basis that I would be working 5 days a week and working minimum 4 hours. Was told I could leave after 4 hours. This was a lie. I would have to call in daily and maybe work and maybe not. In non christmas season I would work 2-3 days in 6 weeks on average. Still had to pay full union dues whether I worked or not.
Drivers get more shifts then helpers and if the deliveries on the road were slow they would bump mall walkers and that is why I hardly got hours.
The management continually break union rules and if us staff bring it up we get in trouble even though management were the ones breaking rules.
Definitely don't recommend them at all!
Pros
pay
Cons
not guaranteed hours
Run like the wind or fall into a pit of angry bees
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2016
Everyday full truck when shift starts at days end few parcels remain due to being unable get to every stop being expected to empty the truck of deliveries is a hassle there were times were that was possible .
Pros
fresh air
Cons
praying for help does not work
Great people to work with, always helping each other.
Package Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2016
They hire you at start of a busy season, then they cut your hours down to 3 days a week, then to nothing and they expect you to survive on no money. You really don't get to the 90 days probation period. Your job is not guaranteed, it all about favoritism with the supervisor or the boss. They expect the new hires to be good as the ones be there for over 10 years. Think twice before taking sny stand with UPS.
Pros
Really nothing
Cons
Management have more respect.
Overwork employees, and hourly pay is ridiculous.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at UPS is busy, and very tiring. Co-workers are friendly supportive and helpful. Hardest part of the job is dealing with jammed conveyor belts, broken machinery, Broken/ Heavy boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job is having break and leaving to go home at the end of the shift. -.-
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers, Few friendly supervisors.
Cons
Conveyor belts get jammed, Busy throughout the shift. parking outside is completely full. break is only 15 minute
Not a bad place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 3, 2016
Working for UPS summs up like this. BUSY! But fun. You meet alot of great people and a great team atmostphere. The management is a bit of a joke. But the employee's are great here.

I cannot stress this enough... Prepare to be BUSY!

The pay sucks at the start but stick with it and it will be a job that will easily carry you all the way to retirement.
Pros
Good pay after awhile, Union, Good people, Fun, Outdoors
Cons
Poor management
Great job if you're in school !
Drive Helper and Package Pre Loader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
The Package Preloaded position is an amazing job if you're a student as you're hours range from 4:30 am to 10:00 am. After your shift you have an entire day to go about your business (such as school). UPS also offers 80% off of your tuition which is a great incentive. There is also lots of room to grow in this company and it is awesome to see how many employee's have worked for the company for 10+ years!!
Pros
Early mornings, 80% off tuition, benefits, paid weekly
Cons
Short shifts, maximum 25 hours weeks
Fast Based Work Place
Customer Service / Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2016
• Trained business owners on marketing/advertising strategies, logistics and best practice in customer service.

• Built business vision and mission, promotional policies & needs to develop public relations strategies that
ininfluenced ideas, products, & services.
Productive and fun
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 17, 2016
Reputable company to work for. Amazing environment to work in, possibility to work from home. Hours are flexible, good benefits. The team and management are supportive.
Pros
Flexibility to work remote
Cons
Cannot think of any