UPS Employee Reviews

Great for non-family, career driven individuals
Industrial Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC17 February 2017
Salary compensation for management is very competitive & fair.

Management careers do not work well with family oriented individuals due to random transfer throughout UPS World Wide, consistent travel, long work schedules.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits
Cons
non-family lifestyle
Good team, unappreciated employees and very very very bad mAnagement
Ramp Agent part time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2017
Had fun with my team, but the rest of the experience was horrible. Majority of management only cared about the boxes and their job. Employees were treated as slaves; unappreciated, over worked, their opinions don't matter. Management/supervisors are always right no matter what they do. Human resources is being influenced and partial in their judgment. Zero opportunities for self improvement and advancement.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Highly horrible management
hard work, fast paced management more concerned about cost than anything else
Hub Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC27 October 2016
a typical day is 9-11 hrs , management is more concerned about cost and production rather than the people who perform the work.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
long hours with little to no recognition
Fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2016
The job was a perfect blend of a work environment filled with physical labour and mental planning and organizing. A strong emphasis was placed on teamwork, and results. Working under tight timelines made the job both enjoyable and stressful at times.
Pros
Great team, good physical workout, great benefits
Cons
Bad weather dependant, short staffed at times, inconsistent management/human resource management
Mismanaged
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC15 February 2017
Too much micro managing and middle management took advantage of good hard and productive workers.
Very long hours dealing with unsatisfied customers
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Most ignorant set of people I have ever worked with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener Ontario11 January 2017
Worked in the kitchener center as Administrative Assistant the supervisors are not friendly they are all unhappy and drivers are miserable they do not get along as a team they talk about one another behind each other's backs just horrible they have Spanish people cleaning their bathrooms and their warehouse like slaves even willing for them to dig through garbage to look for something that was misplaced horrible set of people they do not know how to talk to their stuff they do not put customers first either everything every day was always a problem worked there for 4 months I'd say the first two months I dedicated myself to that job but when I realize what kind of people I was working for I just distant myself didn't do the job to the fullest until they let me go because I do not like to quit on people I had another job lined up right away stay far away from this Kitchener Centre run with your life
Pros
Decent benefits after 60 day. Paid every Friday
Cons
Low salary, disrespectful supervisors, rude staff, no breaks if you dont take one.
motivational
Sort Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2016
strives on employee training and development, included its work force in its decisions as it impacted work performance and moral.

the culture was shared and fed through employee and management functions.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
physically demanding
Nice place to work
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
UPS Canada is a good place to work. There is a lot of politics in the company around promotion process. The company does have some good people with great skills and vision.
Very good company
Special Assignment - UPS Sales & Strategy Group (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 October 2016
opportunities for advancement. times have changed. greatest part dealing with people and customers. no admin people therefore too much demands on administrative functions. cant see the forest for the trees
Pros
opportunites
Cons
No admins, work life balance
Great people to work with
Area HR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON28 August 2016
Great company advancement, education assistance, pension and stock options available. Great opportunities for lateral transfers and the opportunity to learn about the transportation industry.
Pros
career opportunities exist from part time to full time
Cons
demands and expectations do not coincide with the salary
Physically demanding,organized and fast paced
Walker (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON1 December 2016
Organized and fast paced
Learned customer care
Supportive management
Meeting deadlines
Seeing happy customers
Enjoyed the benefits and bonuses
Great place to work!
Feeder Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC22 October 2016
Great company. Great pay. Excellent benefits. Many opportunities for career advancement. Been working here for 3 years, fast paced customer oriented business.
great place to work at global company.
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 July 2016
i have learned IBM system AS 4000 UDC and OPSYS. great company benefits and encouraged by management for career enchancement. great potential for growth.
Good people, terrible everything else.
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC14 December 2016
This whole experience was awful. Considering the work that the employees are put through, the compensation is little to none.

I don't have much to say other than that UPS employees are overworked, underpaid saints that are treated like slaves. UPS needs to do better.
Pros
Good Employees
Cons
Few hours, and far too much work for the amount of employees.
Productive and fun
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 August 2016
Reputable company to work for. Amazing environment to work in, possibility to work from home. Hours are flexible, good benefits. The team and management are supportive.
Pros
Flexibility to work remote
Cons
Cannot think of any
I get more production at home than working here
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  777 Creditstone18 January 2017
Terrible management, management never listens, co workers are the best part of the work though. favors few people in return for turning against a lot. Favors production vs quality. Keeps pushing for production even though it is one of the more quiet times of the year,
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Terrible Management
Horrible place to work
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON30 November 2016
Over worked underpaid and under appreciated
hardest part of the job was working 12-15 hrs a day, Sometimes my paycheck would be short hrs. They didnt pay me my overtime a few times. They are criminals who steal from their employees.
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours little pay treat like garbage
Great Atmosphere and Very Productive Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC16 January 2017
Good Dental and Health benefits
Great people to work with
Union protection
No need to go to the gym (great workout)
Nice atmosphere
Nice cafeteria (lots of vending machines)
Pros
Health and dental benefits
Cons
Physical work
Productive and fun place to work.
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
I would get into work, clock in then we would head to our assigned trailers and start offloading packages. Once I was done, I would inform my supervisor and he would assign a new trailer. Sometimes the supervisor would come inside the trailer with you and help you unload. Some days he would stand at the door and see what speed your taking to off load a trailer. Most of the days we would work two people in a trailer and that was good, you could get work done faster. The hardest part of the job was when we got heavy packages and we were short on staff so you had to do it all by yourself. The part that I liked about my job was that you were assigned to offload a trailer and your supervisor would let you get to work and not bother you.
Pros
You can see your making contributions by the work your doing.
Cons
Having heavy packages.
weekly pay
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  calgary17 August 2016
good pay for a part-time job,good management with a benefits plan. I learn there fast working with a good organization..The most important i learn there is how to handle dangerous goods.