UPS

UPS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2014
Pros: after 5 hours overtime
Cons: can hurt back quickly depends on your department
i work in the UPS in Canada, over after 5 hours in the department i worked , you got overtime.i fell in love with that
Provided Customer Service
Service Provider (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 12, 2014
• Managed successful account retention rate of over 97%.
Drive in Area and delivered parcels on time.
You will learn a lot due to regular certification process done.
Ramp Package Handler/Truck Driver Helper (Former Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 11, 2014
It's a good company to work with. All I can say is the company is worth recommended to other applicants. I am proud to work for more than 10 years in this company. The hardest part, well everybody should know working in courier company is tough job.
Physically demanding, but a great team to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 10, 2014
Pros: the people i work with with really make the job. we also have benefits, which is nice. not too many companies offer that.
Cons: the only downside is that sometimes we don't get enough hours.
Working for UPS really improved my teamwork skills. We all need each other in some way and it's great. There are times we work independently,too.

Every day is different. Some days there's more volume and you really have to keep up. It can be challenging, but I love every minute of it.
Very challanging place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), WindsorSeptember 29, 2014
If your interested in long hours and a heavy workload this is the place for you.
Too many hours to enjoy the work.
Package Car Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 18, 2014
Doing the job is not difficult, but the amount of work expected in a single day led to 14-hour days as being commonplace. At least we got overtime.
Fast pace enviroment, with stupidity as management...
Twilight Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: they offer supervisor positions constantly.
Cons: management is a joke.
I thought going into my position at UPS would be great...was I ever wrong!

Training was a complete joke, if you could consider it even training. As a supervisor you are required to wear dress clothes (which is no problem), but then you're loading and unloading trailers and UPS cars (yes as a supervisor), and not really receiving any training.

Management – more... delegates all their jobs to the new employees (even if you're a supervisor), and thats what is considered 'training' to this crowd.

Whatever your actual job description is, don't expect to actually do any of it. You'll be doing all the other supervisor/management's jobs for them instead.

When you start, you are only considered a 'Part Time' employee, and after some time (whenever they feel) you may get an offer of full time.

The benefits seem great on paper, but in actuality they're nothing special for such a big company to offer. There are tons of small-tiny companies that offer the same (and even better) benefits.

Other UPS warehouses in other cities may be good, but the Winnipeg location is a joke. Management is sub-par at best.

If you're considering a supervisor position in Winnipeg, I suggest looking elsewhere.... – less
warehouse based job
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 15, 2014
Hard work with loading and unloading but not overly exhausting. No flexibility with ours
good working environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), richmond bcSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: long hours for management
good benefits, good salary, theres room to improve yourself
The best part-time at Toronto
Car washer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2014
UPS is the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services.

In my position I must work moving the truck to pump diesel, propane or gas, run it through the car wash machine and then take it to the hangar and parking properly in the place assigned to each vehicle.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: long hours
-a lot to learn
- printing
- nice people
- helping
-accuracy
-designing
Its a productive day at work on a daily basis
Part Time OMS Operation Management Service (Current Employee), concordSeptember 4, 2014
A typical day at UPS is busy fast paste and on going issues regarding customers delievries
Excellenr
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Good job with strong wages and great overall work ethic. The hours of the job were also strong and flexible and most people got a long very well with few exceptions.
You have to give it your all
Package handler (Current Employee), Concord, ONAugust 27, 2014
6 hour work day
Patience
Good supervision
Good team atmosphere
Finishing on time and being consistent
Benfits that are soon to come
okay place to work
Account Executive (Quality Assurance Group) (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBAugust 25, 2014
worked as a customs broker in new brunswick, horrible salaries compared to market reference. Definitely is one of the best technology companies out there.
fun workplace
package deliverer (Former Employee), toronto ontarioAugust 21, 2014
Pros: working outdoors
Cons: the pace
I would deliver packages to homes helping the driver i learned to be on schedule threw out the day you have to manage your time well or the day won't go smoothly, i would say that is that was the hardest part at the beginning .
Scholarship enrichment to grow further.
Data Entry Staff (Administration) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2014
Pros: best opportunity for students.
Cons: part-time
- Inputing data into company programs and record precise document for custom.

- Administration abilities has fought me to adapt working in fast-paced settings, adapt in learning new technology, and self independency to resolve complex issue.

- As I works in night shift, I used to deal with complex packages everyday. It provided me excellent problem – more... solving skills and time management.

- Excellent management and co-workers - co-operate and works as a team.

- Sometimes works go beyond the optimum limit of each day, thus It's require to work more hours.

- As a first Canadian job, I enjoy each day working with each complex packages. – less
Store Associate (Former Employee), SurreyAugust 6, 2014
Get to deal with a lot of people coming in. Gets very busy around the holiday seasons.
Productivity is a must
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montreal, qcJuly 30, 2014
Pros: a productive day can make your day seem short
Cons: customers are belittled and salary may not reflect all the work you put in
Productivity is a must. Dealing with customers is to be expected but the company must be where your interest lies in. Ups provides a great environment and also keeps you informed of the stocks if you are interested in it.
Fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 18, 2014
It was great to work for this company. Espcially you are Dealing with the customers face to face. Fun fast environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more