UPS Employee Reviews in Canada

Possible resonable paying job if you can put up with being ground to dust
Full Time Driver (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCAugust 26, 2016
Typical day of work includes being over-dispatched(overworked) for no reason other than the Company wants to make higher profit margins. Their version of an 8 hour day is really 9+ (YOUR personal life is irrelevant). Great if you love overtime, BAD if you have a Family you actually want to see. LONG way to "top wage". They will destroy your mind & body long before you get there.
Pros
Approximately $30/hr CDN if you can get there
Cons
Long days, depressing work, work in weather extremes
Great environment
Operational Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 28, 2016
I started at BCP as a teller. After a few months, thanks to my dedication and co-workers support I was promoted to Quality Coordinator. I was to ensure that all customer service representatives followed company guidelines and procedures.

I learned about the financial world, how a bank works and operates and I made life long friends that I still keep in touch with.
Pros
great co-workers
productive and fun workplace
Walker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 14, 2016
usually went on thru thru the day and rarely fatigue.
I've learned to use a diad scanner and release deliveries.
the management was excellent.
my co workers made the day and job a lot easier by properly explaining my equipment and job.
the hardest part of the job would've been getting used to the diad and operating it with no light in the dark.
the most part i enjoyed about my job was customer satisfaction, and the bond with my co workers.
Slow pace, but quite place to work and relaxing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 4, 2016
My typical day at work would be helping customer face to face send packages, and shipment to different city and international, I would also handle questions over the phone regarding parcels and shipment and print jobs.

I open and close, mostly close and do the end of the day cash out and handle cash on a daily basis.
Cons
short hours
Productive work place
Sales Associate/ Graphic Designer (key holder) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBAugust 8, 2016
- Mornings can be rather quiet but picks up significantly during the day.
- Learned a large amount of print knowledge and furthered my design and customer skills.
- Management is great, the main reason i have been there as long as i have.
Pros
got to meet and make business relations with different people.
Cons
stretches of no customers
its a very good learning place with future apportunities
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work when it is quarter end when you learn how to meet good result on time. If we work hard and honest and respect co workers. it will be fun place to work. nothing is hard as far as we are willing to do it. and when you accomplish your duties end of the day. this is most enjoyble part of job
Pros
flexibility
Cons
nothing
Work
Preferred Customer Accounts (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QCMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work is long and very diversified in calls, i learned to manage my work pressure and manage the customers accordingly to the situation, co-workers treat you like a Team. Hardest part is finding a solution instantly, and the most enjoyable part of the job is solving a customers issue . location lachine
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not suitable for new parents, no aknowledgement
Ups
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 2, 2016
They are a very secure and well established company.
But family life during the week is minimal and I'm a family man .
you are treated as a number not a human .
Good pay good benefits fun job but terrible management .Pushed to your max everyday , and no thanks just more the next day . Modern day slavery .
Pros
healthy life style, work outdoor, meet lots of people .
Cons
poorly treated and alwasy pushed to the max .
not recommened if you want hours
mall walker (Former Employee) –  edmonton albertaApril 10, 2016
Worked as a helper and delivered in a mall. Was hired on the basis that I would be working 5 days a week and working minimum 4 hours. Was told I could leave after 4 hours. This was a lie. I would have to call in daily and maybe work and maybe not. In non christmas season I would work 2-3 days in 6 weeks on average. Still had to pay full union dues whether I worked or not.
Drivers get more shifts then helpers and if the deliveries on the road were slow they would bump mall walkers and that is why I hardly got hours.
The management continually break union rules and if us staff bring it up we get in trouble even though management were the ones breaking rules.
Definitely don't recommend them at all!
Pros
pay
Cons
not guaranteed hours
Great people to work with, always helping each other.
Package Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2016
They hire you at start of a busy season, then they cut your hours down to 3 days a week, then to nothing and they expect you to survive on no money. You really don't get to the 90 days probation period. Your job is not guaranteed, it all about favoritism with the supervisor or the boss. They expect the new hires to be good as the ones be there for over 10 years. Think twice before taking sny stand with UPS.
Pros
Really nothing
Cons
Management have more respect.
Overwork employees, and hourly pay is ridiculous.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at UPS is busy, and very tiring. Co-workers are friendly supportive and helpful. Hardest part of the job is dealing with jammed conveyor belts, broken machinery, Broken/ Heavy boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job is having break and leaving to go home at the end of the shift. -.-
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers, Few friendly supervisors.
Cons
Conveyor belts get jammed, Busy throughout the shift. parking outside is completely full. break is only 15 minute
Great job if you're in school !
Drive Helper and Package Pre Loader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
The Package Preloaded position is an amazing job if you're a student as you're hours range from 4:30 am to 10:00 am. After your shift you have an entire day to go about your business (such as school). UPS also offers 80% off of your tuition which is a great incentive. There is also lots of room to grow in this company and it is awesome to see how many employee's have worked for the company for 10+ years!!
Pros
Early mornings, 80% off tuition, benefits, paid weekly
Cons
Short shifts, maximum 25 hours weeks
Not a bad place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 3, 2016
Working for UPS summs up like this. BUSY! But fun. You meet alot of great people and a great team atmostphere. The management is a bit of a joke. But the employee's are great here.

I cannot stress this enough... Prepare to be BUSY!

The pay sucks at the start but stick with it and it will be a job that will easily carry you all the way to retirement.
Pros
Good pay after awhile, Union, Good people, Fun, Outdoors
Cons
Poor management
Run like the wind or fall into a pit of angry bees
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2016
Everyday full truck when shift starts at days end few parcels remain due to being unable get to every stop being expected to empty the truck of deliveries is a hassle there were times were that was possible .
Pros
fresh air
Cons
praying for help does not work
Productive and fun job being a manager is amazing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 11, 2016
Conduct regular courier Services, both international and domestic.
• General office tasks and correspondence i.e. sorting daily mails, creating
graphic designs for customers (business cards), have a good knowledge of
Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, photocopying, faxing and
filing, cerlox binding, fast typing ability (type resumes, letters for the customers).
• Work independently, always very organized and responsible for each job.
• Manage customer accounts details.
• Established and promote a positive, team-oriented work environment
emphasizing employee invo
Fast Based Work Place
Customer Service / Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2016
• Trained business owners on marketing/advertising strategies, logistics and best practice in customer service.

• Built business vision and mission, promotional policies & needs to develop public relations strategies that
ininfluenced ideas, products, & services.
everyone had a positive attitude and good sense of humor
parts and utilities person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Most days were routined but if anything changed the other employees wouldnt mind giving a helping hand in anything including managers. Everyone was very responsible and owned up to their own work and though it was a very serious workplace everyone had a great sense of humor
Pros
steady work and understanding managerial staff
Cons
no cons
Fun place to work. I worked in west edmonton mall and made deliveries to almost all vendors in the mall.
Helper/Walker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
A typical day would start at 9:30 and we would do a sort of our five ton truck. Then deliver all of our timed deliveries. We need to work as a team to get our truck done. There is five off us who work out of this truck. We would divide up into five sections of the mall to get everything done on time. Time management was essential to get the job done.
Job Tranfer
Fueler/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Garden City, IDApril 18, 2016
I'd like to transfer my job to Canada. I work at a hub in Garden City Idaho. I'm willing to move to Canada. My fiance' lives Guelph. I work two part time shifts back to back. it's called a 22/3 job. I'm a fueler on my first shift. On my second shift I pick packages of or do a smalls job.
Pros
The best pay
Cons
Late nights
Productive and fun
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 17, 2016
Reputable company to work for. Amazing environment to work in, possibility to work from home. Hours are flexible, good benefits. The team and management are supportive.
Pros
Flexibility to work remote
Cons
Cannot think of any