UPS Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 March 2017
Heavy lifting , you have to be Punctual , have a great attitude
A typical working day consist of 3 to 4 hours of working .
I find that the most enjoyable time of the job is getting to know others and learning from them . The hardest part of the job is the heavy lifting that is required. There are many cultures n background that work for ups which make it a great place to work .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short hours / part time v
Terrible Management and Schedule awareness
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC12 March 2017
Just terrible management some days they would post a start time some days they would not. They would text at a ridiculous hours of the night to advise us of start time which could change at any time. No communication between management or staff at all. Union staff that work they employ are opinionated and have been known to belittle staff.
Pros
Cons
Everything stated above
Good team, unappreciated employees and very very very bad mAnagement
Ramp Agent part time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2017
Had fun with my team, but the rest of the experience was horrible. Majority of management only cared about the boxes and their job. Employees were treated as slaves; unappreciated, over worked, their opinions don't matter. Management/supervisors are always right no matter what they do. Human resources is being influenced and partial in their judgment. Zero opportunities for self improvement and advancement.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Highly horrible management
Productive and fun place to work.
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
I would get into work, clock in then we would head to our assigned trailers and start offloading packages. Once I was done, I would inform my supervisor and he would assign a new trailer. Sometimes the supervisor would come inside the trailer with you and help you unload. Some days he would stand at the door and see what speed your taking to off load a trailer. Most of the days we would work two people in a trailer and that was good, you could get work done faster. The hardest part of the job was when we got heavy packages and we were short on staff so you had to do it all by yourself. The part that I liked about my job was that you were assigned to offload a trailer and your supervisor would let you get to work and not bother you.
Pros
You can see your making contributions by the work your doing.
Cons
Having heavy packages.
Great for non-family, career driven individuals
Industrial Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC17 February 2017
Salary compensation for management is very competitive & fair.

Management careers do not work well with family oriented individuals due to random transfer throughout UPS World Wide, consistent travel, long work schedules.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits
Cons
non-family lifestyle
I get more production at home than working here
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  777 Creditstone18 January 2017
Terrible management, management never listens, co workers are the best part of the work though. favors few people in return for turning against a lot. Favors production vs quality. Keeps pushing for production even though it is one of the more quiet times of the year,
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Terrible Management
Good people, terrible everything else.
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC14 December 2016
This whole experience was awful. Considering the work that the employees are put through, the compensation is little to none.

I don't have much to say other than that UPS employees are overworked, underpaid saints that are treated like slaves. UPS needs to do better.
Pros
Good Employees
Cons
Few hours, and far too much work for the amount of employees.
slavery,managment treats people like garbage
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 March 2017
they push employees to the limits, management keeps harassing people. they harassed me until I quit, management has favourite people who tell them everything about other employees, management creates hate in employees to keep themselves low key
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Co is interested in packages more than the people
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 December 2016
The msnagement is interested in achieving their pph (package per hour) more than dealing with the people needs.the shifts ate changing daily someyimes they give 7 hours shifts and sometimes they send us home after 3 hours. You can not build a family on a changing schedule like that
Fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2016
The job was a perfect blend of a work environment filled with physical labour and mental planning and organizing. A strong emphasis was placed on teamwork, and results. Working under tight timelines made the job both enjoyable and stressful at times.
Pros
Great team, good physical workout, great benefits
Cons
Bad weather dependant, short staffed at times, inconsistent management/human resource management
racists
seasonal employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2017
I didn't have much complaints about the workplace except the racial slurs... that's when things got a little uncomfortable for me. Eventually I was let go for reasons I am still unsure of, but there's nothing I can do about it according to management.
Pros
I got paid for my work
Cons
racists
Ups
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 October 2016
worked and performed warehouse dutys moving packages loading a typical day was sorting or loading trucks also unloading I learned a lot about how the company runs its self and how it works it was a very difficult job with lots of labor involved and the Management was very poor
Pros
Pizza sometimes if you work holidays
Cons
Very bad wages not much hours very poor manegment
paid well..easy going..not much room for advancement
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON17 October 2016
Punched in at 12:30pm Monday - Friday..made sure everything was ready for the pm shift which started at 7pm..worked by myself..hardest thing was the responsibility of working by yourself to get things done on my own..and the most enjoyable part was working by myself as well
Pros
make my own schedule for the day
Cons
have to getthingsdobe on my own
Loved the clients. Never the same each day
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 January 2017
Loved having my own store. Worked with my wife.
Always different situations every day.
Learned how to pack and ship international with custom forms
Created business cards and forms for different clients
Pros
Owning you own store
Horrible place to work
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON30 November 2016
Over worked underpaid and under appreciated
hardest part of the job was working 12-15 hrs a day, Sometimes my paycheck would be short hrs. They didnt pay me my overtime a few times. They are criminals who steal from their employees.
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours little pay treat like garbage
Discriminatory rule system
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 September 2016
Working for UPS was terrible, first they don't allow facial hair of any kind except for a mustache.. What year is this? Business men have beards and it has become a style for many men. Such an archaic rule system.

The Drivers were always rude and I got treated poorly, I felt like I was just a burden on their day, that is not how you should feel at work. There was barely any shifts and I'd have to wait the day of to find out if I worked that morning.

Overall a terrible company to work for.
Cons
discrimantory rule system, very little shifts
fun workplace
ECS Clerk (part time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
The management are very supportive on your needs and work related aspect. Good benefits but limited on work hours. They have full training about the jobs they can offer you and complete half day orientation.
Pros
Good management
Cons
short hours
Great Atmosphere and Very Productive Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC16 January 2017
Good Dental and Health benefits
Great people to work with
Union protection
No need to go to the gym (great workout)
Nice atmosphere
Nice cafeteria (lots of vending machines)
Pros
Health and dental benefits
Cons
Physical work
Great way to stay active as a driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 November 2016
I was a delivery driver for the commercial and industrial area
great job, only part time
Some employees were there 7 years still part time
Moved on to other employment for a full time position
Pros
Fast paced fun job
Cons
part time for years without advancement
working at UPS kept me busy
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 October 2016
I enjoy working in a place that I can keep busy because I am a very energetic person and love being on the go. the hardest part about the job was lifting very heavy things or dealing with spills that occurred in the work place. the drivers at UPS were very nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
off by noon
Cons
short hours