UPS

8.4K reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent multi national company to work for.
Pre-Loader (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCAugust 25, 2015
Safety and team work are two main emphases at a work place. Authorities and the team are very helpful and understanding. Among disadvantages are short hours and lower pay.
Great work environment and training
Account Executive (Current Employee), Lachine, QCAugust 20, 2015
UPS provides one of the most comprehensive and advanced sales training in the industry. The management team always supports its employees and provides the necessary skills to exceed sales goals.
its was ok but no home life
Carrier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 16, 2015
Its a great job for some but the hours can be long and sometimes you don't finish until very late in the day. It can become very stressful at times as they require you to take a lunch but a lot of times it delays your progress. Also if you finish too early they require you to help somebody else which is alright but if the other person is really slow or backed up your eight hour days can easily turn into 12 hour days.
Pretty good
Pre-loader worker in a fast paced environment (Former Employee), WindsorAugust 5, 2015
UPS was pretty good. The shift was an early start for me but my Supervisor was a super cool dude. It sucks that I had to quit because I honestly didn't want to. Developed shoulder tendonitis
Tough but fair
(UPS) Express Air Driver (Current Employee), EdmontonJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Benefits, working independently
Cons: Long hours, top down management
Not an easy job, but it can be rewarding. Work/life balance is poor. Lots of stress. Great training.Management gets pretty stressed and it trickles down. Xmas is very tough. Driving i this city is tough.
A very safety conscientious company.
Package Car Driver (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Get to work outdoors on your own.
Cons: Winters can be cold and harder to drive in.
I enjoy driving the trucks and delivering parcels to waiting clients.UPS is a very safety conscientious company with a great program to increase your safe driving techniques.
HORRIBLE
Dangerous Goods Auditor (Former Employee), Concord, ONJuly 21, 2015
Cons: Everything
applied for an admin job, but ended up doing everything around the warehouse. They force you into doing labor or anything you don't want, DON'T RECOMMEND WORKING HERE.
Not a good place to work, very disorganized
Customs Broker (Current Employee), FrederictonJuly 8, 2015
Ups is not a good place to work,, They do not help to excel and like to look good with the public but treat employes unfairly.
Great Company… However...
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Concord, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Innovative Company
Cons: Poor management
Every company has its pros and cons. Ranging from a good management structure, employee advancement opportunities and many others perks and benefits. However, since the last several years with UPS, I have seen a decrease proper training for the management team (operations) and poor employee relations. As a result, the work has environment has become challenging and is not conducive to the employees mental and physical well being. The employees are treated as "less than," like if they were a piece of property that the company purchased. Furthermore, the employee moral is low.
New experience on cutomer service and crowd control
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2015
provided full training and team work experience, plus a fair pay, opportunity to work and communicate close to low enforcement agencies such as Edmonton Police Department .

Also offered different on job experience by relocation and job titles.
I, was promoted to team lead then to shift supervisor after 1 year.

Also participated on training new hires.
The hardest part was the long hours sometimes and dealing with out of hand library goers .
excellent!
Driver Helper/walker (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 20, 2015
Excellent employer to work for, typical day was fun filled and face paced. Improved my interpersonal skills, co-workers were great people, couldn't ask for better people to work with. the hardest part of the job was remembering customers names. the most enjoyable part was seeing the smiles on my customers faces when I delivered their parcel.
Great experience and a lack of organization.
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 16, 2015
Pros:
-Part time shift with good benefits.
-Easy hours and awesome co-workers.
-Some great staff.

Cons
-Very unorganized. No direction. Misguided
-Working as one team.
-pay, career advancement is based on connections, big facility, sometimes very disorganized and chaotic.
-Never got trained and had to figure out everything by myself from day one.
Good and almost great.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJune 13, 2015
Pros: Health benefits & weekends/holidays off
Cons: Stressful but that comes with call centers
Good benefits and work hours. Only real problem was favoritism with management. Other than that overall good place to work. Very employee driven employer. Having weekend and holidays off was nice.
Mail man
Student Practicum (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Compliments
Cons: Micro Managing
Dealt with customers on the daily basis, handled all cash, debit and visa transactions. Went to the bank and deposited cheques and moneys that my employer made. Took order and followed instructions well.
Fast paced, but extremely rewarding.
Driver Help (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Fast Paced, Good Advancement Opportunites, Lots of Excercise
Cons: Varying Hours/Overtime, Climate, Lots of Excercise
As a driver helper, I assisted in the Christmas rush with UPS. The atmosphere was pleasant for the amount of work and every day was unique. I learned a lot about UPS' basic delivery process. I learned that this is a good opportunity for those seeking to become drivers but see themselves out of consideration.
Stressful workplace but with benefits
Preloader (Former Employee), Calgary ABJune 3, 2015
Strict deadlines and work requirements. Management was not very supportive and willing to listen to employee feedback.
Package Loader
Package Handler (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 29, 2015
One month training program to get you started. The job will get you into shape. Relatively a great part time job that pays well, as it has a workers union. If you give them a good attendance record, being on time and present for your shift on a regular basis, they will help pay for education if you go to college or university. If you want more hours to work, they will gladly take a trained worker to help out during busy seasons in other departments. Its a very big company, and will soon have a subway at their doorstep.
Package Handler
Package Handler (Current Employee), Concord, ONMay 27, 2015
Same thing day after day. No chance to show my true ability as a Package Handler. Poor working conditions and very disorganized.
Valuable Learning
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Brantford, ONMay 21, 2015
The experience has been a valuable learning tool, but not a career that I could see myself in long term as at the retail level there is little Human Resource work for me, because the majority of that role is done by the owner.
good company
Automotive supervisor (Current Employee), Concord, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: freedom of hours
Cons: long hours (12 plus per day)
I find my immediate management good but the hours are a lot longer than discussed and that I would like in my current position.
Headquarters