UPS
7,440 reviews

UPS Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Can handle multiple task while keeping strict to deadlines
Material Delivery (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Organized and maintained strict attendance record.
Collaborate with colleagues and supervisor of projects and shift work
Learn to process new projects in managing cases for new project.
Solve and provide solutions to customer needs
The hardest part of my work is dealing with difficult internal and external customers
The most enjoyable part is learning new computer skills for new projects
Great and enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great environment, work was relatively enjoyable
Cons: N/A
The UPS store made sure that my tenure there for the summer was the best it could be. In a typical day of work I learned various skills from operating the cashier to organizing packages of all shapes and sizes.
Productive and can learn somting new
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Can learn different languages and culture
Cons: Long Hours
Tuseday is the longest day for the business
learnt different languages and different cultures
Co workers are ready to help you any time
Hardest part of the job is long hours
Daily routine
Package Handler/ Safety Member (Current Employee), Concord, ONApril 5, 2015
If I am doing safety committee work, I would be conducting sessions with new employees on safety procedures. I will also have to make sure that they know and understand those safety procedures by testing their knowledge. Then if I am working with those new employees I would assist them on their task making sure they complete their paper work right and have proper loading technique. I would also make safety observations in areas and see what people are doing wrong and what they could put them at risk. When I am not doing safety work, I am loading packages in cans. This involves me being keen and detail orientated. This is because I have to make sure the right packages are going to their destination. The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with my coworkers and new employees and hearing what is their concerns on the job. Being apart of the safety committee permits me to hear out what fellow workers have an issue with and making steps into resolving those issues.
Enjoyed the people I worked with
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 20, 2015
I learned different things at this store. How to bind books, stapling books, and setting up a copier for different types of copying,
Fast Paced, Busy and Fun
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: company bonuses, bbq's, free lunches, overtime
Cons: night shifts
Day to day duties well define
Always a busy and productive day
Time well spent and gone by fast
Management good, trustworthy and easy to work with/for
No micro managing
waterloo furniture
Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great pay!!
Cons: very hot conditions.
pretty strenuous place to work, when the line starts to move you have to move along with it without stopping. very hot and uncomfortable but......if you like to be very active and physical in the work place this could be a dream job.
productive and enjoyable work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2015
I enjoyed working at UPS, I obtained multiple skills. I learned time management for meeting customers needs, learned how to handle and defuse extremely upset customers. enjoyed the presence of every co-worker, I reported directly to multiple levels of management on a daily basis.
hardest management ever
Package Handler / Air Sorter (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 11, 2015
First job for me in Canada. nothing to say about it, except it was an ok job. normal stuff to do at work, loading and unloading, learnt the job within few weeks. how to scan the barcodes, how to load the trucks, how to do audits and extra,
Great place to work and interact with the public
Manager (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 6, 2015
The work day has many challenges from start to finish. Dealing with various clients from shipping to shredding. The staff here is incredible always going the extra mile to make sure every customer is taken care of.
Overall rating $ 18.00
Administration Assistant/Dock Auditor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches hours
Cons: over time hours and weekends when busy
A typical day at work was my first night of reporting to work. It was my first day to work at night in my whole entire life, I felt sleepy,tied and missed very much for my bed including the children. Gradually I learned to stay awake and began to focus, performed duties well and ended up working at UPS for 9 years until most of employees were laid off including myself. I managed and organized employee relationship meetings in order to improve occupational Health and safety problems and other related work duties. I communicated well with my co-workers and worked as team in order to achieve future goals for the organization. The hardest part of the job was when economy was beginning to decline, less productions or percales were received and obviously we knew that soon or later, UPS will eliminate some of full time employees in order to avoid expenses and benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job, was that every Christmas, UPS provided huge turkeys and bonuses (money) to all employees, and every month employees who had high productions were receiving gift vouchers for gas, movies or supermarket food
Productive workplace
Maintenance W2 (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 3, 2015
- They provide overtime and other jobs within the company
- They provide training for machinery
- The Co-workers and the management are friendly
Detail oriented
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 2, 2015
this job although dealing primarily on shipping, can involve attention to detail with it's various side projects. These projects can include graphic design, collating, printing, photocopying, etc.
Friendly place to work with kind co-workers
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: delivering in the cold weather
I would arrive at work and be given packages with my driver to deliver. The driver would drop me off with a cart and packages and I would go door to door delivering packages. I learned to deliver packages with efficiency and to provided excellent customer service. The management were kind. My co-workers were friendly and enjoyable to be with. The hardest part of the job was delivering outside during the winter. The most enjoyable part of the job was delivering to the customers and seeing them happy when they got their packages.
Great experienced
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: 8hrs a day
Great experienced working in a UPS, people there are awesome, they are very nice which is helped me to became a good communicator more, and improved my customer service skills.
A decent place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lachine, QCFebruary 21, 2015
Basically, it's a decent place to work at. The good points are: flexibility, very good benefits, promotion from within, and almost impossible to get fired. The bad points: very bureaucratic, borderline-useless management, and almost impossible to get fired (a lot of useless people who shouldn't work there).
team work
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee), mississaugaFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I enjoy working as a team work. team work means thing can be done more effectively and productively. I am very flex able to work there.
enjoyable flexible and fun enviornment
Sales Representative- Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 12, 2015
Just started here not too long ago I need a longer period of time here to give a more detailed response. however so far all is well
Fun workplace
Package Handler (Current Employee), CalgaryFebruary 11, 2015
Sort packages
Load trailers
Positive environment with fun people
Supportive supervisors
Lots of different opportunities within the company
good place to work
( PART TIME EVENINGS) SHUNT DRIVER (Former Employee), Concord, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 5 hour shifts
move trailers from dock to parking lot in less then 10 mins
sweep trailers
couple trailers together

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more