UPS

UPS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good company
Automotive supervisor (Current Employee), Concord, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: freedom of hours
Cons: long hours (12 plus per day)
I find my immediate management good but the hours are a lot longer than discussed and that I would like in my current position.
long, repetative, driving
Driver, UPS (Former Employee), Brossard, QCMay 15, 2015
Pros: enjoyable costumers, benefits
Cons: long hours
enter the warehouse in the AM given 100 to 120 deliveries for the day, head out to make my stops. what I learned would be safe driving, management was tough at times. hardest part of the job would be working from 8am to 8pm mon-fri no breaks or you would finish even later. aside from weekends very little social life.
most enjoyable part would be the driving and interacting with costumers.
Productive and Fast Paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), VancouverMay 14, 2015
Pros: Small Shifts
Cons: Less hours
Productive and fast paced environment with business services and solution. This gave me an amazing experience of business environment along with professionalism.
Productive and easy to do job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 4, 2015
Here at UPS Store we have tuesdays and fridays as typical days of work.
i learned many things at this job, such as how to make use designing tools to create business cards and how to converse with different type of costumers.
A great company with a great history and a dark side
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Concord, ONMay 3, 2015
Pros: Good pay, Good company, Good union. History is on the side of both.
Cons: Promotion from within process is cancerous.
Overall, I enjoyed my time at UPS. I worked in one of the skilled trades positions that was regarded as a protected asset and during most of my time there, I felt like we were compensated well but we were usually treated like possessions by junior management (supervisors).

The biggest issue was (is) the foolish promotion process that insisted on 'promotion from within' as the only source of talent. The failure to look outwards for talent and ideas is slowly killing this historic company. The practice tends to favour and encourage the non-producers from the unionized ranks to join the management team while the producers continue to push the company forward. I once questioned this practice and a senior manager (who had come along years earlier from the 'outside') admitted to me that 'we make money in spite of ourselves'.

I left the company under a cloud, one year after I rebuffed the 'order' to put my letter of intent in for joining management. The resultant investigation saw me 'asked' to return to work by the Teamsters and being paid for lost time. My co-workers that still remain (10 years later) tell me that the responsible supervisory group from that time is totally broken up across Canada and have not been promoted any further. The managers are all gone.

The several people promoted after I left were all upstanding team players and the upper management that is in place is a solid group. It's a shame the senior supervisors have not been removed completely in order to prevent this type of cancer from growing again. Institutional memory is often limited and short.
Fun working environment
Revenue Recovery Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 28, 2015
Good environment and more importantly great benefits. School subsidies as well as important incentives in terms of outside transactions (eg. shopping, companies, destinations...).
Not the worst definitely not the best
Screener (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: good money after 3 years, benefits
Cons: Minimum wage for 3 years, union fees kill your paycheek, cell phone not allowed at airport sights bad mangement
Ok place to work managment is unorganized and set themselves apart from labourers. People are good most of the time but most of the ones that are there are there because they need the money. once you join the union sit back and wait 3 years to get to your top rate witch is $20 if you can last that long at minimum wage. I only recommend those who are going to school to apply
Human Resources Internship
HR Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2015
Great exposure to the multi-faceted HR department within a large scale company. Staff is extremely helpful and informative, providing insight to how Human Resources affect the processes within the Toronto Area logistics. 5/5 great company to be part of.
UPS previous worker. Worse place to work
Driver (Former Employee), N EdmontonApril 21, 2015
UPS Edmonton North, worst place ever to work, I worked with them for almost one year but, and they will treat like a slave, they tell you to stay home while they give your work to the new people that they hire. I hear it was a good company before but now they hired uneducated staffs that have any pity the employees, they just trying to fire old employees to get some bonuses. I do not recommend this company for anyone because its really stressful and they will yell at you like a kid all day long. Unfortunately, they don't give any insurance coverage before on year. They will promise you many thinks remember that the profit here is more important than human beings. they looking for the cheap labor to use and to expel when its little be slow. I thing they will go down one day its my very sad et the most worst experience ever in life. I rather die than going to work for this company. Please run a way from it, they mess up your life.
Can handle multiple task while keeping strict to deadlines
Material Delivery (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Organized and maintained strict attendance record.
Collaborate with colleagues and supervisor of projects and shift work
Learn to process new projects in managing cases for new project.
Solve and provide solutions to customer needs
The hardest part of my work is dealing with difficult internal and external customers
The most enjoyable part is learning new computer skills for new projects
Great and enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great environment, work was relatively enjoyable
Cons: N/A
The UPS store made sure that my tenure there for the summer was the best it could be. In a typical day of work I learned various skills from operating the cashier to organizing packages of all shapes and sizes.
Productive and can learn somting new
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Can learn different languages and culture
Cons: Long Hours
Tuseday is the longest day for the business
learnt different languages and different cultures
Co workers are ready to help you any time
Hardest part of the job is long hours
Daily routine
Package Handler/ Safety Member (Current Employee), Concord, ONApril 5, 2015
If I am doing safety committee work, I would be conducting sessions with new employees on safety procedures. I will also have to make sure that they know and understand those safety procedures by testing their knowledge. Then if I am working with those new employees I would assist them on their task making sure they complete their paper work right and have proper loading technique. I would also make safety observations in areas and see what people are doing wrong and what they could put them at risk. When I am not doing safety work, I am loading packages in cans. This involves me being keen and detail orientated. This is because I have to make sure the right packages are going to their destination. The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with my coworkers and new employees and hearing what is their concerns on the job. Being apart of the safety committee permits me to hear out what fellow workers have an issue with and making steps into resolving those issues.
Enjoyed the people I worked with
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 20, 2015
I learned different things at this store. How to bind books, stapling books, and setting up a copier for different types of copying,
Fast Paced, Busy and Fun
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: company bonuses, bbq's, free lunches, overtime
Cons: night shifts
Day to day duties well define
Always a busy and productive day
Time well spent and gone by fast
Management good, trustworthy and easy to work with/for
No micro managing
waterloo furniture
Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great pay!!
Cons: very hot conditions.
pretty strenuous place to work, when the line starts to move you have to move along with it without stopping. very hot and uncomfortable but......if you like to be very active and physical in the work place this could be a dream job.
productive and enjoyable work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2015
I enjoyed working at UPS, I obtained multiple skills. I learned time management for meeting customers needs, learned how to handle and defuse extremely upset customers. enjoyed the presence of every co-worker, I reported directly to multiple levels of management on a daily basis.
hardest management ever
Package Handler / Air Sorter (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 11, 2015
First job for me in Canada. nothing to say about it, except it was an ok job. normal stuff to do at work, loading and unloading, learnt the job within few weeks. how to scan the barcodes, how to load the trucks, how to do audits and extra,
Great place to work and interact with the public
Manager (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 6, 2015
The work day has many challenges from start to finish. Dealing with various clients from shipping to shredding. The staff here is incredible always going the extra mile to make sure every customer is taken care of.
Overall rating $ 18.00
Administration Assistant/Dock Auditor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches hours
Cons: over time hours and weekends when busy
A typical day at work was my first night of reporting to work. It was my first day to work at night in my whole entire life, I felt sleepy,tied and missed very much for my bed including the children. Gradually I learned to stay awake and began to focus, performed duties well and ended up working at UPS for 9 years until most of employees were laid off including myself. I managed and organized employee relationship meetings in order to improve occupational Health and safety problems and other related work duties. I communicated well with my co-workers and worked as team in order to achieve future goals for the organization. The hardest part of the job was when economy was beginning to decline, less productions or percales were received and obviously we knew that soon or later, UPS will eliminate some of full time employees in order to avoid expenses and benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job, was that every Christmas, UPS provided huge turkeys and bonuses (money) to all employees, and every month employees who had high productions were receiving gift vouchers for gas, movies or supermarket food

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more