UPS Employee Reviews

Great people, Great Customers
Regional Manager- Air/Ocean Freight Division (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2017
My role at UPS SCS was 7 x 24 x 365. It was a demanding yet very rewarding company to work for. I enjoyed grooming our future leaders. The training I received over my career was excellent and I continue to use the many practices I learned through this training today.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Interactive, meet people & build relations
Manager Corporate Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2017
Great job to enhance customer relation skills and how to up-sell products.

Very creative as every customer has its own set of requirements and you need to give them their desired product / package.
Pros
Discounted shipping
Cons
Limited mobility
Over worked and underpaid
Walker/Helper (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 October 2017
I was a hired as a seasonal walker for the christmas season. Loved being outside and busy. But the union dues for a seasonal worker are ridiculous. First you should not even come close to paying the dues of a part time worker or if any. You pay exactly what a part time worker would pay even though your hours will vary week to week (4-28hrs). When they take off union dues sometimes you are left with nothing!! Remember your paid minimum wage!! Also the criminal record check is a joke. They make you pay for it but don't give you any proof that it was ever done.
Pros
Drivers are great. Appreciate how hard they work.
Cons
Not worth the money. Union takes the highest percentage.
Good job, but needs better management
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
UPS had a great environment, they paid very well and they had many time slots available for employees to work. Overall a good place to work, but the management needs to learn how to communicate with the employees.
Fast paced, fun work enviorment
SEASONAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2017
I was a seasonal delivery driver. Got all my training done in a week and a couple more late I had my route. It was hard work but I liked it because I got paid a fair wage.
Pros
Solid Pay
Cons
Work here at your own peril
Front-Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 October 2017
This isn't a very desirable job. Especially at management level. starting wages are terrible and the work culture is negative. Saying that, this is one of the few part time jobs that provide a decent benefits package after 90 working days. once you reach top rate you can make ok money. They take on more than they can handle as a company.
Pros
benefits for part time employees
Cons
pay rate and company culture
Summary
Hub worker (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 October 2017
Good company to work for, was flexible with hours and lots of overtime and promotional opportunities which allowed to advance quickly, Pay was not adequate to the work done and ended up leaving for more money.
Very Hard, dirty work.
Air & package car driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2017
I worked as an international air-driver so I got a transport Canada Clearance Pass. Learned the rules for customs documentation,; became a package-car-driver and found it too heavy of a work load being a new-mother and full time heavy job. I loved the job, just couldn't do EVERYTHING I wanted to do at the time.
Pros
Free uniforms/ with laundry
Cons
X-mas brutally long hours, not enough family time then.
Gained alot of product knowledge
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 October 2017
I enjoyed working there. My typical work day consist of sorting and packing , shipping receiving parcels.

Workplace culture was very diverse and warm and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was working all types of shifts with no consistency.

The best part of this job was getting familiar with the Ontario's geographical surroundings
Pros
doing a different task every day
Cons
location distance
Productive & Busy Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB1 October 2017
On a Typical day i completed job duties like:
Printing, Shipping, Packaging, Graphic Design, Wide Format Printing, Faxing, Managing Inventory, Customer Service, Processing Transactions etc. Most Enjoyable part for me is Customer Service.
Pros
Free Lunch some days.
Cons
To far from my residence where i live now and less benefits included in job package
travailer avec un chauffeur
Livreur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 October 2017
le chauffeur et moi nous avons des livraisons a faire tous au long de la journé .
Pros
travailler avec une personne qui a de l'experiance
Cons
courtes pauses
it could be better
LOGISTICS OPERATIONS/SAFETY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
very little support, lots of overtime- expected to work long hours-not very much training, never see anyone until you make a mistake that's all I have to say
Pros
Cons
everything
good to work
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 September 2017
every day is good to work over there but salary and benefits are so less that everybody is fed up with little money. so thats why I want to leave the job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
less pay
good job
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 September 2017
fast paced environment management is friendly and flexible. Benefits are great after you stay for a long duration and pay as well. You will meet friendly people.
This is a good company
Key Entry Administrative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
I worked here part time for a year. It was great and I like my coworker there. But this job was not for me.

This is a good company if you looking for job security, stable income and benefits. If you come to work regularly and on time you shouldn't have any trouble with management. You can advance to different position if you take notice of the job posting once in a while. In the meantime, learn what you can especially reading books on how to work with other. Most of the job duties are trainable ... people skill that is something anyone should learn on their own to understand who they are and how they can work well with other.
Pros
job security, stable income and benefits.
Cons
part time and not flexible in term *cough* creativity
UPS is a good company to work for because it provides good company benefits but its being run by clowns who are not qualified to be leaders.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 September 2017
Usually its being run by a bunch of clowns who only got their position by sucking up to their bosses and ratting others out ....typical way to get to the top but not qualified to be a leader. The management team turn on each other when the going gets rough. Its a dog eat dog kind of workplace. Only the bullies survive.
Pros
free pizza at times
Cons
you work like a slave
Productive safe and fun
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2017
Worked primarily in the downtown core delivering packages to both corporate and residential clients. Friendly work environment steady hours and benefits.
Pros
well organized
Great job
Driver Assistant (Term position) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2017
Great job, good pay but hours are quite gruelling sometimes. Must meet quota for delivered packages which is expected. Good bonuses, support is great, workers all work together!
Great Customer Base, Difficult Environment
STORE ASSOCIATE / GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2017
The UPS Store should not be confused with UPS Shipping. It is an independently run franchise. As with any franchise, turnover is usually high and management changes every few years. The experience can be wonderful, and the most difficult customers are those who confuse the Franchise with the Shipping Company. Work centers around printing and shipping (with the balance different for each store), and you will often find yourself in high-stress environments with tight deadlines. Time management is the hardest part of this job, and it is often difficult to meet the time requirements set by the customers. However, successfully completing the work on time and on quality is very rewarding.
Pros
Interesting and Unique
Cons
Unpredictable hours, red tape
Easy going workplace
Package Handler and Chemical Spill Responder (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC10 September 2017
The work is hard, but the people are fun to work with. If you don't mind working hard, then you'll have no problem at UPS. Do not expect to sit around and take it easy ever.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Hard work