UPS
7,026 reviews

UPS Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great experienced
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: 8hrs a day
Great experienced working in a UPS, people there are awesome, they are very nice which is helped me to became a good communicator more, and improved my customer service skills.
A decent place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lachine, QCFebruary 21, 2015
Basically, it's a decent place to work at. The good points are: flexibility, very good benefits, promotion from within, and almost impossible to get fired. The bad points: very bureaucratic, borderline-useless management, and almost impossible to get fired (a lot of useless people who shouldn't work there).
team work
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee), mississaugaFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I enjoy working as a team work. team work means thing can be done more effectively and productively. I am very flex able to work there.
enjoyable flexible and fun enviornment
Sales Representative- Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 12, 2015
Just started here not too long ago I need a longer period of time here to give a more detailed response. however so far all is well
Fun workplace
Package Handler (Current Employee), CalgaryFebruary 11, 2015
Sort packages
Load trailers
Positive environment with fun people
Supportive supervisors
Lots of different opportunities within the company
good place to work
( PART TIME EVENINGS) SHUNT DRIVER (Former Employee), Concord, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 5 hour shifts
move trailers from dock to parking lot in less then 10 mins
sweep trailers
couple trailers together
Joyfull place to be
Customer Service (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: late hours
Great people to work with and all work as a team. They have great perks and discounts to multiple location.
fast paced job working with great people
international office supervisor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, good benefits
Cons: not enough incentives for staff
I am a brokerage office supervisor at United Parcel Service which means I oversee an office of 11 employees. An average day sees me trouble shooting various issues (customer queries, logistic concerns, etc). In my 8 years working at UPS I have learned a lot about getting a job done in a timely manner because at UPS the only thing we can provide our customers is the service they expect each time they ship a package. It is very gratifying when I can phone a customer and let them know their package or packages will be delivered on time. I have worked with some great people through the years. The majority of my employees have been with UPS since they opened up shop in Winnipeg back in 1988 and they have been all too quick to pass their knowledge and experiences on to me. A supervisor is only as good as his or her employees and I have been blessed with professional and hard working employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can talk with my employees on a personal level and just have a nice conversation.
Good Pay
Package Car Driver (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: good remuneration
Cons: culture of fear
UPS is steadily growing the Canadian market. It is a great company for younger persons starting their career. You can work long hours and be well compensated. Unionized environment provides employees with good benefits.
busy and fun place to work for
Air Walker (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 18, 2015
Day to day the activities were the same. We delivered packages to commercial and residential buildings but it was an easy going job.
Disorganized and unwilling to change
Package Handler (Former Employee), Dieppe, New brunswickJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: night shifts
When I worked there a truck would come in with broken and leaking packages every night and would stop the flow of unloading because we would need to wait for someone to come make sure it is safe and if not to clean it up. Every night this would happen and every time the management would not communicate with other UPS facilities to get them to load properly.
productive
Carwash (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2015
It is a great place to work specially if you are a student. You get to reimburse your tuition when you get a high grade.
mechanics are pushed to brake laws
Truck and Coach Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: cant think of any, oh yah discounts
Cons: uniondues, management, bad work ethic not becoming of a technician
after a year i have learned how bad the mechanics manager was, always follow your instincts. benefits are a joke, union dues are high and speaking of union don not expect them to stand behind you. opinion is encouraged but not appreciated and used against you and your co workers. do not sign any papers even when they tell you its ok. it will be used against you. It is rare to get a good supervisor, they are instructed by the manager(bad)(whenever i think of him HITLER COMES TO MIND others called the management (GESTAPO- Google it), if you are a snitch you will move up (takes time though) you might wear out your lips :O by then. great place if you dont want friends and are a loner (no social life). tools needed -hammer and chisel , tie straps supplied by the company. again great company to get your foot in the door. just my opinion, so i encourage you to find out for your self and please prove me wrong. this might sound like a bitter review so i challenge you !!!!!! got more to come:)
Fast paced work place all the time, even on break.
Delivery (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 5, 2015
Working at UPS delivering packages has been a physically demanding job. It requires someone willing to run around all day with short breaks. The hours are long usually 8 -12 hours especially during peak season (November - January). But its all worth it when you get paid.
fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 5, 2015
fast paced environment, very busy, lots of driving, lots of overtime
Really liked the work i did
Mail auditor (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: balance life, personal days
It was busy, but I learned a lot at this company. enjoyed working with my co-workers, and I really did love my job with them.
Don't expect much
Day Sorter (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2014
Pros: you get paid
Cons: short hours, pointless training, work conditions a gamble, bad supervisors
"We have a really high turnover rate", uttered by my second interviewer, should have been the alarm I needed to consider going elsewhere, but I stuck it out because of pre-conceived notions that this company was decent to work for.

Heh, that's a joke and a half. This company is doing what many others think is just fine and dandy; cut the hours, ramp up the work, lose people due to hours and/or conditions or due to excessive expectations from supervisors/management, hire every week. God was I naive. The training was rather pointless, too, because almost nobody even follows it. That same interviewer turned out to be arrogant and insulting to just about everyone, even if they're new and still getting the techniques down, but what can you expect from a job like this. At least the union representative cared, listened, and was a good source of advice. Not that the latter would amount to much.

I got let go just in time for Christmas because I got inundated with a lovely truck that was packed as if by small children. Was given 45 minutes to do so, but even with another guy to help it took twice that time to get the work done. Was warned to pick up my performance in spite of the idiot supervisor knowing full well that the truck was not packed in a manner that would allow me to meet the expectations. I was a hard worker otherwise and wanted it to last as long as possible, but then I got that early Xmas present wherein I somehow didn't make the cut. Must note how that same week that was my last was also, according to the head supervisor of the floor, "one of the best weeks I have ever – more... seen" performance-wise and so everybody got free pizza on that fateful day. After waiting forever for a supervisor to get me much needed work supplies, a different one came around to tell me the great news just in time for the holidays. He even shook my hand after walking me out the door. Was in too much of a trance from the blow to tell him to shove it where the sun don't shine. I hope the Grinch stole his Christmas.

And even if I stayed there, the minimal number of hours and scumdoggery of the supervisors ensured very little security for me in the job. The salary looks good, and the union dues make very small dents in your overall pay, so that's okay. But Heaven forbid the workplace slow down and they tell you you can go home because there's nothing to do, only to lose pay because of it. Why even hire people in the first place if you're going to allow people to lose money during the FREAKIN' HOLIDAYS because you don't have enough work to distribute to everyone? Have fun constantly (and pointlessly) training people every week because you're only going to keep one in a million.

I don't recommend this job to anybody. – less
wearhouse
warehouse associate heath care (Former Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 27, 2014
calling hours long days over time yes most supervisors goods if you're a single person great job supporting the family not so goodbenefits are good expectation of pay is low
UPS
Part time Package handler and loader (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2014
Prepare , work hard , short breaks , fast paced company , overnights
Good
Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2014
Good company to work and nice culture. Great atmosphere. Nice place to learn and obtain different experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more