UPS Employee Reviews in Canada

Awful Experience
Preloader (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Don't be fooled. This is a seasonal only job although they dont advertise it. You will be hired in a group of 4 or 5 people and promised things like benefits, unionized, pension, top rate of pay amongst others. You are only their as a helper to handlencurrent overflow.

The Management at UPS have no compassion for individuals trying to raise a family looking for a promising opportunity only to find out I've been lied to and the job is a temporary helper position, which the management at UPS will wait till your last shift needed before telling you.

DON'T BE FOOLED.....THIS IS A TERRIBLE JOB AND OFFERS NO LONGEVITY WHATSOEVER.
Pros
Cons
THIS IS A TEMPORARY JOB
fast pace work place,Very hot or cold depending on the season.Great place to work, good benefits.P
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ONNovember 11, 2015
Shifts were always busy, trucks were alway full and Christmas was overtime,
Coworkers were great and helpful. Management was fair.

The hardest part of the job was Summer days and the truck was very hot and the custom guys want to look(go though) most the packages, depending on whose name was on the package.

The most enjoyable part of the day was when we did morning warm up with one supervisor.She would make everyone stretch before each shift, she didn't want any injuries, I got a great work out, was in great shape. I enjoyed my time at U.P.S.
Pros
Good Raises, Support from Management.
Cons
Short hours
Busy and nice company to work for.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 4, 2016
Ups is a good warehouse offers great benefits but raises are ok. Lunches are on schedule and Fridays catered food. Co-workers are great and easy to work with. Repetitive work but you have weekends off.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
raises
Great job if you're in school !
Drive Helper and Package Pre Loader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
The Package Preloaded position is an amazing job if you're a student as you're hours range from 4:30 am to 10:00 am. After your shift you have an entire day to go about your business (such as school). UPS also offers 80% off of your tuition which is a great incentive. There is also lots of room to grow in this company and it is awesome to see how many employee's have worked for the company for 10+ years!!
Pros
Early mornings, 80% off tuition, benefits, paid weekly
Cons
Short shifts, maximum 25 hours weeks
Great people to work with, always helping each other.
Package Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2016
They hire you at start of a busy season, then they cut your hours down to 3 days a week, then to nothing and they expect you to survive on no money. You really don't get to the 90 days probation period. Your job is not guaranteed, it all about favoritism with the supervisor or the boss. They expect the new hires to be good as the ones be there for over 10 years. Think twice before taking sny stand with UPS.
Pros
Really nothing
Cons
Management have more respect.
Not a bad place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 3, 2016
Working for UPS summs up like this. BUSY! But fun. You meet alot of great people and a great team atmostphere. The management is a bit of a joke. But the employee's are great here.

I cannot stress this enough... Prepare to be BUSY!

The pay sucks at the start but stick with it and it will be a job that will easily carry you all the way to retirement.
Pros
Good pay after awhile, Union, Good people, Fun, Outdoors
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work. I worked in west edmonton mall and made deliveries to almost all vendors in the mall.
Helper/Walker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
A typical day would start at 9:30 and we would do a sort of our five ton truck. Then deliver all of our timed deliveries. We need to work as a team to get our truck done. There is five off us who work out of this truck. We would divide up into five sections of the mall to get everything done on time. Time management was essential to get the job done.
Don't work for UPS
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 12, 2015
This was the worst 2 years of my life.
UPS USED to be a great company to work for, not now. With the new contracts it takes 4 YEARS to make top rate. You might as well go to school and learn something transferable. You start at $13 and go up 50 cents every 6 months for 4 years.
There are basically No perks to this job. The company asks So much from their employers and give almost nothing in return. The only perk is they cover your benefits cost. BUT you work so much, you have no time to use them.
They are all about numbers, not logic. The management is terrible, they treat you like garbage. Full timers get worked crazy hard. They monitor everything you do and criticize everything. They have a very high turnover rate.
I had an issue with the work truck seats causing back problems. They had no interest in trying to solve this issue. I even had a very simple suggestion that didn't cost anything, I asked to use a truck that I found to be comfortable. They couldn't be bothered. They gave me the run around for months. I was off work for 2 weeks with a back injury because of them. I never had back problems before. Now that I no longer work there, my back is 100% again!

I love working, I have a very strong work ethic, I'm energetic. But this place broke me. I was depressed and hated every moment I was there. Work anywhere else!!!!
Thank heavens I got a new job. I had been searching for so long.
Pros
Cons
You are not a person to them
Hard very straight forward job
Yard Crew (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONDecember 8, 2015
very hard place to work at, the managers are very strict and lazy never help out and were never outside. for the supervisors mistakes we would have to correct them and for our hard work the supervisor and manager would get all the praise.
Pros
free food and clothing
Cons
long cold days
Slavery Job
Pre Loader (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QCApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work was like I was going to prison in the 1900 and was working as a slave. The work place is dirty and dangerous. Everyday you breath in dust and dirt. I used to blow my nose and black mucus came out. There is no team work. HR does not support you and even offers you to quit if you can't make the job / life balance work. The management are abusive and does not know how to be human and even less respectful. The manual labour is divided in 3 section. 1) People that load / unload the trucks 2) The drivers who we worked for since we loaded their trucks 3) Management. We got in trouble if the packages are not place in order in the truck by the driver and the management. We constantly have to fight management with the aid of our union who was understaffed and each pre-loader was overwhelm with the work load. As a consequence of the work load we would not even help each other. I left the job and remained with physical damages that took almost 2 years too heal after working 9 months only. Police were called because employees used to fight and even managers were suspended due to a fight due to racial comments. If there is one thing that I can say about that job is that it made me aggressive and even violent. My wife was afraid of me and could not recognize me. I wish I would have never found that job. It's all about the company and not the people working for it.
Great Company… However...
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONJuly 2, 2015
Every company has its pros and cons. Ranging from a good management structure, employee advancement opportunities and many others perks and benefits. However, since the last several years with UPS, I have seen a decrease proper training for the management team (operations) and poor employee relations. As a result, the work has environment has become challenging and is not conducive to the employees mental and physical well being. The employees are treated as "less than," like if they were a piece of property that the company purchased. Furthermore, the employee moral is low.
Pros
Innovative Company
Cons
Poor management
Possible resonable paying job if you can put up with being ground to dust
Full Time Driver (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCAugust 26, 2016
Typical day of work includes being over-dispatched(overworked) for no reason other than the Company wants to make higher profit margins. Their version of an 8 hour day is really 9+ (YOUR personal life is irrelevant). Great if you love overtime, BAD if you have a Family you actually want to see. LONG way to "top wage". They will destroy your mind & body long before you get there.
Pros
Approximately $30/hr CDN if you can get there
Cons
Long days, depressing work, work in weather extremes
not recommened if you want hours
mall walker (Former Employee) –  edmonton albertaApril 10, 2016
Worked as a helper and delivered in a mall. Was hired on the basis that I would be working 5 days a week and working minimum 4 hours. Was told I could leave after 4 hours. This was a lie. I would have to call in daily and maybe work and maybe not. In non christmas season I would work 2-3 days in 6 weeks on average. Still had to pay full union dues whether I worked or not.
Drivers get more shifts then helpers and if the deliveries on the road were slow they would bump mall walkers and that is why I hardly got hours.
The management continually break union rules and if us staff bring it up we get in trouble even though management were the ones breaking rules.
Definitely don't recommend them at all!
Pros
pay
Cons
not guaranteed hours
UPS a diverse company, second largest parcel service in Canada, consist of share and stake holders. A billionaire company with a lot room to grow
Revenue Recovery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2900 Steeles Avenue, Concord. ONMarch 1, 2016
Very good company to work with, challenge at times but keep my focus, enjoyed working with people. Ups is a multicultural company with many benefits.
Great job
Delivery Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2015
UPS is a great company to work for. The pay and benefits are more than worth it for the job that I was doing delivering packages. The co-workers are great, and the management knows the ins and outs of what the employees go through every day, because they have the same experience.
no fun bad salary
supervisor manager (Current Employee) –  marcel laurinDecember 14, 2015
ok to work pretty secure but no advancement unless you are liked. ( kiss a..) Salary is terrible benefits are good atmosphere can get pretty bad employees treated like a number
Pros
will be around for ever
Cons
salary
Productive, fast paced.
UPS Preloader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 10, 2016
UPS taught me a lot about working in a warehouse environment, working with pallets, packages, etc. Management was very good as well as the coworkers were very friendly. Hardest part of the job is unloading 53' long trailers. most enjoyable part of the is working with coworkers.
productive and fun workplace
Walker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 14, 2016
usually went on thru thru the day and rarely fatigue.
I've learned to use a diad scanner and release deliveries.
the management was excellent.
my co workers made the day and job a lot easier by properly explaining my equipment and job.
the hardest part of the job would've been getting used to the diad and operating it with no light in the dark.
the most part i enjoyed about my job was customer satisfaction, and the bond with my co workers.
Great environment
Operational Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 28, 2016
I started at BCP as a teller. After a few months, thanks to my dedication and co-workers support I was promoted to Quality Coordinator. I was to ensure that all customer service representatives followed company guidelines and procedures.

I learned about the financial world, how a bank works and operates and I made life long friends that I still keep in touch with.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Productive and fun job being a manager is amazing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 11, 2016
Conduct regular courier Services, both international and domestic.
• General office tasks and correspondence i.e. sorting daily mails, creating
graphic designs for customers (business cards), have a good knowledge of
Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, photocopying, faxing and
filing, cerlox binding, fast typing ability (type resumes, letters for the customers).
• Work independently, always very organized and responsible for each job.
• Manage customer accounts details.
• Established and promote a positive, team-oriented work environment
emphasizing employee invo