UPS

UPS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Truck Loader (Current Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: free coffees
Cons: short hours of work
Productive and fun place to work in. It has a fair salary and with good benefits/incentives. The hardest part of the job is when it's peek season because there are lots boxes and are too heavy. The enjoyable part of the job is having nice and friendly co-workers around.
Awful Experience
Preloader (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: THIS IS A TEMPORARY JOB
Don't be fooled. This is a seasonal only job although they dont advertise it. You will be hired in a group of 4 or 5 people and promised things like benefits, unionized, pension, top rate of pay amongst others. You are only their as a helper to handlencurrent overflow.

The Management at UPS have no compassion for individuals trying to raise a family looking for a promising opportunity only to find out I've been lied to and the job is a temporary helper position, which the management at UPS will wait till your last shift needed before telling you.

DON'T BE FOOLED.....THIS IS A TERRIBLE JOB AND OFFERS NO LONGEVITY WHATSOEVER.
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Career Advancement
Cons: Training
It's an enjoyable place to work once you know your job and the requirements of that job. Training is a little lax but other than that, I love it.
Welcoming, productive workplace with co-workers willing to share their knowledge and assist one another.
Brokerage Representative II (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2016
UPS-SCS is a fast paced environment that keeps me on my toes. A complex shipment at hand or workload requiring multi-tasking serves as an energizing force for me. Furthermore, it is always rewarding to see the end result in light of a successful release and customer satisfaction. It is a very welcoming environment to work in exhibited in employees’ willingness to assist each other with projects or workloads. Furthermore, senior employees are open to share their knowledge and expertise with new / junior employees. Thus, if one is eager to learn one may do so by finding mentorship among the senior custom broker representatives.
Learning Experience
Mail Room Shipping Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Working at UPS was a learning experience where I was given the opportunities to do more than what my original position intended.

This was only a seasonal position.
Good Company to work for
Package Handler (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Friendly environment, good advantages for school and bonuses at three months and 1 year dates, high pay for part time hours.
Family (Married couple) owned franchise
Graphic Design & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Locally convenient, fantastic clientelle
Cons: Management: married couple
The owners of this franchise were not prepared or equipt with the skills to run a business. They also brought their marital/personal life into the store, which greatly affected the daily opperations of the business.
Part-time Warehouse Supervisor / Sorter (Former Employee), Concord, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: COMPANY PENSION
Cons: NO FULL TIME
I worked part time a supervisor and sorter, hardest part of this job was when we were under staffed, what I learned from this job is how to multitask and work underheavy pressure. The most thing I loved about thisjob was working with alot of great people.
Different Everyday
Driver's Helper (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Mysterious
Cons: Somewhat tired everyday
Well the job i had it was different everyday as i never had the same thing to do everyday new people to meet some areas i have never been in it was quite an adventure
Horrible enviroment
Driver helper/Pre loader (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 16, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: Management and not enough pay
Horrible Management treat people like slaves not like humans only expect more from you than expect as detail. all Co-workers had a bad attitude just like working in a prison everyone try to just stab you in the back to get you in trouble.
no fun bad salary
supervisor manager (Current Employee), marcel laurinDecember 14, 2015
Pros: will be around for ever
Cons: salary
ok to work pretty secure but no advancement unless you are liked. ( kiss a..) Salary is terrible benefits are good atmosphere can get pretty bad employees treated like a number
Don't work for UPS
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 12, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: You are not a person to them
This was the worst 2 years of my life.
UPS USED to be a great company to work for, not now. With the new contracts it takes 4 YEARS to make top rate. You might as well go to school and learn something transferable. You start at $13 and go up 50 cents every 6 months for 4 years.
There are basically No perks to this job. The company asks So much from their employers and give almost nothing in return. The only perk is they cover your benefits cost. BUT you work so much, you have no time to use them.
They are all about numbers, not logic. The management is terrible, they treat you like garbage. Full timers get worked crazy hard. They monitor everything you do and criticize everything. They have a very high turnover rate.
I had an issue with the work truck seats causing back problems. They had no interest in trying to solve this issue. I even had a very simple suggestion that didn't cost anything, I asked to use a truck that I found to be comfortable. They couldn't be bothered. They gave me the run around for months. I was off work for 2 weeks with a back injury because of them. I never had back problems before. Now that I no longer work there, my back is 100% again!

I love working, I have a very strong work ethic, I'm energetic. But this place broke me. I was depressed and hated every moment I was there. Work anywhere else!!!!
Thank heavens I got a new job. I had been searching for so long.
Great job
Delivery Driver/Courier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2015
UPS is a great company to work for. The pay and benefits are more than worth it for the job that I was doing delivering packages. The co-workers are great, and the management knows the ins and outs of what the employees go through every day, because they have the same experience.
Hard very straight forward job
Yard Crew (Former Employee), Concord, ONDecember 8, 2015
Pros: free food and clothing
Cons: long cold days
very hard place to work at, the managers are very strict and lazy never help out and were never outside. for the supervisors mistakes we would have to correct them and for our hard work the supervisor and manager would get all the praise.
family
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 25, 2015
It was a family orientated place. I learned how to ship and receive packages. I also learned how to open and close the store.
Good Working Environment
Yard Crew Worker (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed being a Yard Crew Member becasue I was able to meet many new driver and get familiar with the various routes.

This was my first expeience with seasonal work and I was good at getting my tasks completed efficently.
Productive and learning place
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 13, 2015
I learnt alot at The UPS Store.
That was my first job and i was very excited to learn about my work because it was totally different from my educaion.
My Manager was very co-operative and fun loving person.
Co-workers were very co-operaive just like family members.
fast pace work place,Very hot or cold depending on the season.Great place to work, good benefits.P
Package Handler (Former Employee), Fort Erie, ONNovember 11, 2015
Pros: Good Raises, Support from Management.
Cons: Short hours
Shifts were always busy, trucks were alway full and Christmas was overtime,
Coworkers were great and helpful. Management was fair.

The hardest part of the job was Summer days and the truck was very hot and the custom guys want to look(go though) most the packages, depending on whose name was on the package.

The most enjoyable part of the day was when we did morning warm up with one supervisor.She would make everyone stretch before each shift, she didn't want any injuries, I got a great work out, was in great shape. I enjoyed my time at U.P.S.
would have been a perfect job
Package handler (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 6, 2015
Pros: hours of the day
Cons: part time hours.
very good job but in the end there was a severe lack of hours, i was a package car loader, and the hours were cut down to 13-15 from 25 which was not enough.
Very Corporate
Health and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 3, 2015
Long hours. Company is very well managed, A lot of metrics involved which will either help you or hurt you along the way.

Great co-workers