UPS
6,330 reviews

UPS Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2014
Good company to work and nice culture. Great atmosphere. Nice place to learn and obtain different experience.
productive workplace
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2014
Pros: part time
Cons: heavy lifting
UPS is a fast-growing company that offers competitive wages, incentives and advancement. Rigourous interviewing ensures only well-qualified candidates are hired.
A good company to gain experience
Finance specialist & analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 8, 2014
Logistics chain is a major field to develop a career whenever an opportunity arises. Besides handle more than one language is enjoyable and keep your brain in shape.
I was owner/operator
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2014
Pros: i was the owner
Cons: i was the owner
This was a store front retail business in the printing and shipping industry I was involved in running the business. It included staff management, customer service, ordering stock, buying equipment all financial aspects, etc.
fast paced environment
ups driver (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good salary after 2 and half years
Cons: long hours during winter, stressfull, building falling apart
It was go go go, there, packed are trucks up in the mornings, and i delivered until i was done, sometime this meant delivering 160 different packages to customers in a day during christmas, it was stress full, lots of time requirements, but i enjoyed doing it and was good at it, but in the end, after christmas, they let me go, and i resent them for – more... it, i busted my but for them, and i got fired for it, i took them to the labour board, and i won, wrongful dismissal. – less
Productive and well organized workplace
picker/shipper/packer (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 24, 2014
I was an order picker most of the time, the odd time I would help with inventory clean up, shipping and packaging. UPS was a great place to work, my co-workers and supervisors were very friendly.
Fun Place To Work That Values Their Employees.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 22, 2014
Pros: felt valued and important
Cons: lone worker on saturdays
I was a student when I was working for UPS and my schedule was weird but they were willing to work around it. They valued their employees and birthdays meant a small celebration.
ups
Senior Admin Assistant - Finance (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 19, 2014
Pros: ups
Cons: ups
Not such a great company to work for. Staff were great to work with. I created tariffs, balance budgets, created reports for management.
good place to work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2014
Pros: after 5 hours overtime
Cons: can hurt back quickly depends on your department
i work in the UPS in Canada, over after 5 hours in the department i worked , you got overtime.i fell in love with that
Provided Customer Service
Service Provider (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 12, 2014
• Managed successful account retention rate of over 97%.
Drive in Area and delivered parcels on time.
You will learn a lot due to regular certification process done.
Ramp Package Handler/Truck Driver Helper (Former Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 11, 2014
It's a good company to work with. All I can say is the company is worth recommended to other applicants. I am proud to work for more than 10 years in this company. The hardest part, well everybody should know working in courier company is tough job.
Physically demanding, but a great team to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 10, 2014
Pros: the people i work with with really make the job. we also have benefits, which is nice. not too many companies offer that.
Cons: the only downside is that sometimes we don't get enough hours.
Working for UPS really improved my teamwork skills. We all need each other in some way and it's great. There are times we work independently,too.

Every day is different. Some days there's more volume and you really have to keep up. It can be challenging, but I love every minute of it.
Very challanging place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), WindsorSeptember 29, 2014
If your interested in long hours and a heavy workload this is the place for you.
Too many hours to enjoy the work.
Package Car Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 18, 2014
Doing the job is not difficult, but the amount of work expected in a single day led to 14-hour days as being commonplace. At least we got overtime.
Fast pace enviroment, with stupidity as management...
Twilight Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: they offer supervisor positions constantly.
Cons: management is a joke.
I thought going into my position at UPS would be great...was I ever wrong!

Training was a complete joke, if you could consider it even training. As a supervisor you are required to wear dress clothes (which is no problem), but then you're loading and unloading trailers and UPS cars (yes as a supervisor), and not really receiving any training.

Management – more... delegates all their jobs to the new employees (even if you're a supervisor), and thats what is considered 'training' to this crowd.

Whatever your actual job description is, don't expect to actually do any of it. You'll be doing all the other supervisor/management's jobs for them instead.

When you start, you are only considered a 'Part Time' employee, and after some time (whenever they feel) you may get an offer of full time.

The benefits seem great on paper, but in actuality they're nothing special for such a big company to offer. There are tons of small-tiny companies that offer the same (and even better) benefits.

Other UPS warehouses in other cities may be good, but the Winnipeg location is a joke. Management is sub-par at best.

If you're considering a supervisor position in Winnipeg, I suggest looking elsewhere.... – less
warehouse based job
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 15, 2014
Hard work with loading and unloading but not overly exhausting. No flexibility with ours
good working environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), richmond bcSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: long hours for management
good benefits, good salary, theres room to improve yourself
The best part-time at Toronto
Car washer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2014
UPS is the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services.

In my position I must work moving the truck to pump diesel, propane or gas, run it through the car wash machine and then take it to the hangar and parking properly in the place assigned to each vehicle.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: long hours
-a lot to learn
- printing
- nice people
- helping
-accuracy
-designing
Its a productive day at work on a daily basis
Part Time OMS Operation Management Service (Current Employee), concordSeptember 4, 2014
A typical day at UPS is busy fast paste and on going issues regarding customers delievries

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more