Part-Time Kitchener Delivery Driver
UPS is looking for a part time driver for the morning shift to join our team in Kitchener, Ontario.
- G class license (minimum)
- Must know how to drive a manual/standard transmission
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have clean drivers abstract (no accidents in past 3 years and no tickets or moving violations in the past 12 months)
- Must pass road test (completed by a UPS On Road Supervisor)
- Must pass medical examination (UPS pays for this)
As a UPS part time driver you are expected to uphold UPS' appearance guidelines. "We expect our people to be neat in their appearance. A neat appearance impacts the way our customers view us and how our employees interact on the job."
- You will be provided with a uniform.
- Shoes must be dark brown or black (non slip rubber sole).
- Hair should not cover any part of the eyes. It should not extend below the upper half of the ear, nor below the top of the shirt collar in the back.
- No facial hair except for a neatly trimmed mustache
- Tattoos shall be covered by wearing the complete uniform
NOTE TO WOMEN:
- Hair that is longer than shoulder length is to be worn up or tied back
- 5 days per week (Monday - Friday)
- You will need to be flexible when it comes to your start and finish times
- This is a unionized poisiton. Pay progressoin has been negotiated between UPS and the Teamsters Union. The pay progression is as follows:
Starting salary: $12.25 / per hour
First pay increase after 90 working days: $12.75
With two additional increases after 90 working days you will then reach top rate after 30 months of service, $21.88 / per hour.
- Monthly union due deduction
- One time initiation fee of $50 deducted from the union after 90 working days
- Criminal background record check $20.50 which is reimbursed after 90 working days
- Promotion from within
- Benefits through Manulife after one year of service
- 2 weeks paid vacation after one year of service (3 weeks after 5 years, 4 weeks after 10 years)
If you are selected to join our UPS team you will participate in our 5 day in class New Service Provider Training. This training is from 9am - 5pm daily for 5 days. During this orientation you will be paid minimum wage, $10.25 / per hour.
Thank you for your interest and I look forward to discussing this employment opportunity with you.
United Parcel Service, Inc. typically referred to by the acronym UPS, is a package delivery company. Headquartered in Sandy Springs,...