Since its establishment in 1907, UPS has become an employer of rewards, opportunity, and achievement. An employer of choice. We believe that developing a winning team of employees is critical to the long term viability of our company.
UPS is currently looking for a Feeder Operations Clerk to work in its Richmond (YVR) operating facility. This is a part-time and temporary position, working from Monday to Friday (2:00PM - 8:30PM).
This is a temporary coverage position for approximately 12 months with the possibility of extension.
The Feeder Operations Clerk assists in the coordination of inbound and outbound freight shipments and deliveries. This position assists both the Operations Supervisor and Operations Specialist in coordinating pickups at customer sites and UPS service centres, providing alerts for changes in package volume counts and relaying the information to the immediate service providers and operating centres. This position will also be responsible for receiving and relaying information from feeder vendors and will be the first point of contact for vendor drivers.
As this position is located in a warehouse facility, there will be circumstances where the Feeder Operations Clerk will be expected to work in the warehouse areas with functions including, but not limited to, scanning packages and document sorting.
Familiarity with ground intermodal transport is beneficial. Experience in working with AS/400 systems would be advantageous.
- Relays information between the docks and operations
- Updates shipment and transportation information to online report sites
- Provides pick-up and delivery information to feeder drivers and vendors
- Collects package volume information to assist operations in forecasting
- Handles inbound calls from shippers, drivers and vendors
- All other function needed by operations
- General Aptitude in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheet programs
- Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent record keeping and telephone skills
- Part-time and Temporary administrative position
- Monday - Friday, 2:00PM - 8:30PM
- Wages start at $12.40/hr
- MSP and Extended Supplementary Medical benefits
- Located at: 5960 Ferguson Road, Richmond BC
All candidates must successfully complete a series of interviews, a criminal history records check, and background reference checks in order to qualify.
UPS is committed to Diversity in Employment. We welcome all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be notified for interviews.
Please send us a copy your resume by selecting the "Apply Now" button below.
You can also fax your documents to: (604) 295-3566
Clearly indicate on your documents the position you are applying for.