UPS is looking to fill one position as a WAREHOUSE CLERK at our Hamilton / Mount Hope Airport location:
9272 Airport Road
Mount Hope, ON L0R 1W0
The successful candidate will work within a warehouse setting in the early mornings.
Permanent Part Time
Shifts are 3 hours each day but you will need to be flexible to work up to 5 hours each day
Your shifts are 5 days per week (Monday - Friday)
Monday start & finish time: 02:30 A.M. - 05:30 A.M.
Tuesday - Friday start & finish time: 04:30 A.M. - 07:40 A.M.
10 minute unpaid break every day
Starting Salary: $11.50 / per hour
1st pay increase after 6 months and a 2nd pay increase at 12 months (based on performance)
-pay increases are once a year after the initial two in the first year
WHAT TO EXPECT WORKING IN A WAREHOUSE SETTING:
- temperature change (winter months are cold / summer months are hot)
- must wear shoes with non slip rubber sole (no high heels, pumps, or open toe footware)
- dress code is more on the casual side
- you will be lifting packages (some packages are heavy - must be able to lift up to 70lbs)
- the warehouse is fast paced environment
- must adopt UPS Safe Work Methods (we train how to lift packages properly, etc.)
- must pay attention to detail
WHY WORK FOR UPS?
We promote from within
Benefits administered through Manulife after 60 working days
2 weeks paid vacation after one year of service (3 weeks after 5 years, 4 weeks after 10)
5 optional days in addition to your 2 weeks paid vacation
Continuous learning and job training
Paid orientation: $10.25 minimum wage / per hour
- address corrections
- locate and look up postal codes
- printing and placing COD tags on packages
- responsible for any additional tasks given
-must have computer skills
-criminal background check. the cost is $20.50 and will be deducted from your orientation pay but will be reimbursed back to you after 60 working days probational period.