UPS is looking for 1 FULL TIME driver to join our team in Kitchener, Ontario.
- promotion from within
- benefits through Manulife after one year of service
- 2 weeks paid vacation after one year of service (3 weeks after 5 years, 4 weeks after 10 years)
- job security
- G calss license (minimum)
- must know how to drive a manual/standard transmission
- must be 21 years of age or older
- must have clean drivers abstract (no accidents in past 3 years and no tickets or moving violations in the past 12 months)
- must pass road test (completed by a UPS On Road Supervisor)
- must pass medical examination (UPS pays for this)
As a UPS part time driver you are expected to uphold UPS' appearance guidelines. "We expect our people to be neat in their appearance. A neat appearance impacts the way our customers view us and how our employees interact on the job."
- You will be provided with a uniform.
- Shoes must be dark brown or black (non slip rubber sole).
- Hair should not cover any part of the eyes. It should not extend below the upper half of the ear, nor below the top of the shirt collar in the back.
- No facial hair except for a neatly trimmed mustache
- Tattoos shall be covered by wearing the complete uniform
NOTE TO WOMEN:
- Hair that is longer than shoulder length is to be worn up or tied back
- you will work 5 days per week (Monday - Friday)
- start time and finish time: 08:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (over time will occurr)
This is a unionized environment and Teamsters Union and UPS have a collective agreement and in that agreement is your pay progression.
Starting salary: $13.00 / per hour
1st pay increase after 90 working days: $13.25
With 2 additional increases after 90 working days you will then reach top rate after 30 months of service, $27.64 / per hour.
- You will have a monthly union due deduction, $30.
- You will also have a one time initiation fee of $50 deducted from the union after 90 working days
If you are selected to join our UPS team you will participate in our 5 day in class New Service Provider Training. This training is from 9am - 5pm daily for 5 days. During this orientation you will be paid minimum wage, $10.25 / per hour. We will process a criminal background search on your behalf which costs, $20.50, and will be deducted from your orientation pay but you will be reimbursed this amount once you complete 90 working day probational period.
Thank you for your interest and I look forward to discussing this employment opportunity with you.
United Parcel Service, Inc. typically referred to by the acronym UPS, is a package delivery company. Headquartered in Sandy Springs,...