JOB POSTING – Program Coordinator – UNITY Charity
About UNITY Charity:
UNITY Charity engages and empowers youth to be role models and leaders in their communities. UNITY engages youth 10 to 18 by implementing school and community programs helping youth positively express their stress and develop skills for success. UNITY empowers youth to make better choices as leaders, mentors and positive community role models leading to more productive citizens, safer schools, and healthier communities.
The Program Coordinator will report to the Managing Director, Operations and Program Director. The Program Coordinator is responsible for the setup, development, execution and quality control of 4 after school programs, 2 community leadership programs, and 1 community based program offered by UNITY. These programs are to help engage the youth in UNITY’s message and empower them to become leaders/mentors in their school and community.
- Oversee & supervise the coordination and implementation of UNITY’s outreach programs and events in schools and the wider communities
- Implement evaluations of the program through facilitating formal surveys and focus group discussions.
- Assist student performers by offering artistic guidance in the preparation of their artistic pieces to integrate with UNITY's artists and overall message
- Ensure accurate program documentation, attendance and reporting
- Assist the management of transactions with schools through the creation of invoices, receipts, cheque requests, artist requests, and payables to artists associated with the program
- Assist in scheduling and organizing the performers for assemblies and workshops
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and all other core team initiatives
- Participate in summer program development and revisions based on feedback from evaluations and support in implementation of summer programs
- Help implement UNITY’s summer festival
- Work with the Program Director to develop strategies to drive retention and loyalty among schools and educators
- Develop and deliver an inspiring personal outreach speech/presentation that will elicit engagement and involvement with UNITY Charity
- Deliver workshops that provide youth with the skills, knowledge and inspiration they need to become empowered role models in their own community
- Manage a portfolio of schools and community youth groups who are actively involved in UNITY programs. Portfolios often include schools at different engagement levels and therefore require different levels of support, assistance and pro-active communication
- Implement plans to nurture relationships with schools and educators and to retain their involvement from year-to-year as well as further engage them in other UNITY programs. This might include increasing their involvement in the UNITY Festival, increasing their involvement in community based programs as well as increasing the number of students involved in the club
- Serve as an advisor and liaison to schools/educators/community spaces and provide them with resources and support to implement UNITY’s programs
- Work with the Program Director to select the best fitting schools and community locations while optimizing the use of resources
- Make use of data to optimize stakeholder value
- Analyze stakeholder behavior for pain points and improvement opportunities
- Use success stories to share best practices and build loyalty within the educational community
- Help to build an ongoing, organizational library of profiles with stories of schools from his/her portfolio
- Seek out new and improved ways to engage schools in UNITY programming as well as to streamline key systems and processes
- Provide assistance to the Program Director and Executive Director as required in the management of high-level relationships (for example, school boards)
- Minimum 2 years youth work / programming experience (preferably with teenagers)
- Post Secondary degree in Child and Youth work or other related fields is an asset
- Demonstrated leadership in project management
- Proven track-record in building positive and professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Able to maintain accurate, timely, complete documentation and computer records
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office applications experience, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Superior organizational skills
- Resourcefulness, innovation and creativity
- Demonstrated initiative and follow through
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in interpersonal interactions and public speaking
- Excellent problem solving and listening skills
- Knowledge around art forms offered in programs is an asset
- Access to personal transportation
This is a full time position. The position length will be for 12 months with a possible extension (this position has a 3 month probation period). Position hours will be approximately 40 hours per week on salary of $25,000 annually starting September 1st, 2013. Training will commence July 1st, 2013. Payroll is bi-weekly.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please forward your cover letter and resume along with 3 references, by June 20, 2013, UNITY sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 4 months ago
About UNITY Charity:
UNITY Charity engages and empowers youth to be role models and leaders in their communities. UNITY engages youth 10...