JOB POSTING – Bookings Coordinator – UNITY Charity
About UNITY Charity:
UNITY Charity engages and empowers youth to be role models and leaders in their communities. UNITY engages youth 10 to 18 by implementing school and community programs helping youth positively express their stress and develop skills for success. UNITY empowers youth to make better choices as leaders, mentors and positive community role models leading to more productive citizens, safer schools, and healthier communities. UNITY Charity is one of Toronto’s fastest growing charities, engaging thousands of youth each year. At UNITY Charity we work according to one simple mantra: DO WHAT YOU LOVE, LOVE WHAT YOU DO. Our organization values passion, integrity, respect and community, and expect all of our representatives to embody these values. UNITY Charity prides itself on being a collection of creative and innovative individuals brought together by their love for the arts and their desire to make a positive impact on youth. Our culture is one of flexibility, innovation, and hard work.
UNITY Charity is hiring a Bookings Coordinator.
UNITY Charity’s Bookings Coordinator, reporting directly to the Managing Director, Operations is the staff lead on bookings for the UNITY Day program, 2 person shows, conferences, small events/workshops, and artist bookings/management. The Bookings Coordinator is a key member of UNITY Charity’s team dealing with the day-to-day responsibilities of booking school shows, conferences, and other speaking / teaching opportunities. Liaising directly with school administrators, conference organizers, and artists, the Bookings Coordinator needs to be highly detail oriented, able to manage multiple relationships, while creating a win-win situation for all stakeholders. The selected individual will provide the organization’s programming and administrative leadership with strategic advice in key aspects of bookings, data mining, sales, and scheduling. The main responsibility of this role is to ensure the organization’s booking process is maintained and successfully implemented on a consistent basis.
The Bookings Coordinator is responsible for
- Book UNITY programs, performances and workshops for schools, conferences and community organizations
o This will include creating comprehensive lists of booking prospects including past bookings, creating and adhering to a bookings process, selling the various UNITY programs to relevant clients, scheduling artists for booked shows, artist follow up and logistics coordination to ensure successful program implementation. Success will be measured not only by the success in the sales efforts but also in the perception of the candidate as being the go-to person for bookings communication within UNITY Charity, and its artists.
- Run admin functions related to assigned bookings
o This will include invoicing, creating contracts, ordering artist payments, project management, and liaising with schools and clients.
- Identify and assign UNITY’s roster of Artist Educators to appropriate UNITY bookings
o This will include attending, and participating in the mandatory yearly artist training from Sept 18 to 21, 2014 weekend in Haliburton, adhering to, and enforcing UNITY’s behavior code of conduct and cancellation policy with Artist Educators, continually building professional and non-biased relationships with UNITY Artist Educators (contributing to a culture of neutrality and inclusiveness and prohibits favoritism and bias), participating in monthly staff meetings and monthly Artist Educator training sessions.
- Building strong working relationships with external parties.
o The successful candidate will engage with schools, teachers, principals, conference organizers, community organizations, and other key contacts, as well as attend networking opportunities to stay abreast of bookings best practices.
First and foremost, the successful candidate will have an innovative, entrepreneurial spirit and passion for the UNITY Charity mission. This person will likely have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, English or a related field. A college diploma or certificate in sales will be considered an asset, along with any previous bookings experience and knowledge of Hip Hop Culture and it’s related art forms.
The chosen individual will be able to demonstrate, through citing specific accomplishments, the following attributes:
- Excellent communication skills. The Bookings Coordinator will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking experience. She or he will also have strong written communication skills that include success prospecting, strong email communication, and sales dry calling. In addition to being able to give examples of his or her exceptional verbal communication skills, the successful candidate will be able to showcase strong research, data mining, analytic skills, and the ability to manage multiple competing deadlines through past experiences.
- A strong drive for results. This includes the abilities to set and meet deadlines, hold yourself and others accountable, while overcoming challenges. Our Coordinator needs to have an “execution mentality” with strong project management skills, willingness and ability to work with others to overcome obstacles.
- Strong ability to influence others. The successful candidate will be able to point to a track record of success in influencing through relationships rather than through hierarchical authority.
This is a full time position. The position length will be for 12 months with a possible extension (including a 3 month probation). Position hours will be approximately 40 hours per week on salary of $30,000 annually starting August 2014. Training will commence July 15th, 2014. Payroll is bi-weekly.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please forward your cover letter and resume along with 3 references plus a writing sample, preferably involving prospecting sales and potential clients, before June 22nd, 2014. UNITY sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.