NOTE: MUST HAVE HOTEL GM EXPERIENCE
HOTEL MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and employees.
- Responsible for maximizing revenues and flow through to GOP to meet or exceed budgeted EBITDA.
- Responsible for preparation of property budget and forecasts.
- Manages labour standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to the bottom line profit.
- Explains and manages financial activities. Reconcile all financial accounts.
- Monitors collection of in-house guest balances and direct bill receivables, commission payments by vendors, and issuance of refund cheques
- Participates and monitors monthly inventory of supplies and equipment. Ensures purchases made are within budget and by approved vendors.
- Works with Sales team to manage all sales activities of the properties and meet revenue objectives. Activities include setting goals, completing competitive surveys, taking reservations and compiling reports.
- Make sales calls as outlined by the Sales Management Teams and/or the Operations Director.
- Identifies and seeks out potential business in local market. Maintains relationships with local companies and key people to increase Hotels’ visibility within the local market.
- Coordinates and implements sales and marketing activities of the property.
- Promotes 100% guest satisfaction throughout property. Instills the 100% guest satisfaction objective to AGM and hourly associates.
- Ensures that all guest related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Recruits qualified applicants. Trains employees in accordance with company standards.
- Motivates and gives direction to all employees.
- Communicates all policies and procedures to entire staff. Conducts regular meetings to provide information including company communications, policy reviews, property activities, goals, etc.
- Adheres to federal, provincial and local employment laws, related laws and regulations.
- Manages employee personnel forms, including hiring, performance evaluations, payroll and benefits related information
- Conducts coaching/counseling sessions; performance evaluations; prepares performance improvement plans, disciplinary documentation; conducts terminations.
- Ensures that employee related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with company policies.
- Mentors and develops Assistant General Manager; provides learning opportunities by assigning new tasks in
- all General Management responsibilities; develops and evaluates AGM’s strengths and weaknesses and provides training and on the job tasks to prepare AGM for GM opportunities.
- Performs duties in all aspects of hotel operations whenever needed.
- Inspects and documents repairs and cleanliness of property with AGM to ensure optimum upkeep and repair, room cleanliness and overall property appearance.
- Serves as “Manager on Duty" .
- Provides other relief or back-up duties as needed at the hotel including front desk coverage, housekeeping, and other duties to ensure the optimum operation of the property.
HOTEL MANAGER SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly manages the hotel staff on a daily basis; supervises a total of 8 to 10 employees on the Properties. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum (3) three years related hospitality management experience.
- Ability to read and speak the English language and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and
- small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to effectively communicate professionally with guests, associates, supervisors, and others as required for optimum operation of the property.
ORGANIZATION AND TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
- Ability to organize multiple projects; manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software including ability to use e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Union will be THE premium establishment in Fort Mcmurray. We offer our guests an uncompromising philosophy of premium Farm to Fork...