The Liam Group
VP Business Development
Number of Direct Reports
The Administrative Assistant, Corporate Office will support the VP Business Development, in the development and successful execution of projects initiated in the corporate office.
The incumbent will research and coordinate projects initiated by the VP, provide support in the preparation of speaking engagements and public relations, project materials and marketing, and support the business planning requirements of the VP. The incumbent will also perform a range of administrative tasks including reporting, chart and graph construction, marketing, human resources, correspondence, meeting scheduling, handling calls and planning as required.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Organize key corporate events and other strategic or business related functions
- Coordinate, as requested, appropriate incoming regular/electronic mail and other material.
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems.
- Organize project timelines and prioritize meetings and correspondence
- Assist with HR functions as projects come online – sourcing, screening, qualifying applicants
- Prepare, edit and proofread correspondence, reports, invoices, presentations, marketing and related material, as appropriate.
- Ensure timely distribution of documents in accordance with respective established schedules.
- Coordinate materials for meetings to ensure that they are prepared, packaged and distributed, as appropriate.
- Assist with travel or accommodation requests, when required.
- Collect and process invoices and documentation for expense reporting.
In strong partnership with the VP :
- Develop materials for meetings with clients, partners, governments, including agendas, briefing notes, presentation decks etc.
- Record and disseminate the minutes of meetings to appropriate parties.
- Acts as back up for the VP during busy periods, during illness, vacation and as needed.
- Liaise with staff and external organizations to plan and organize meetings and development requirements of the VP.
- Actively participate in discussions to assess business development implementation requirements for the President, VP and Board members.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- All levels of staff and management within group
- Government contacts at all levels- i.e. municipal, provincial and federal
- Fort Mcmurray Tourism offices
- Professional/industry organizations, board of trades, chambers of commerce
- Board of Directors; Sub-Committees of the Board of Directors
- Provincial, national, international development associations
- Local and international partners and businesses
- General Public
- University degree or diploma or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Knowledge of human resources, public relations and marketing
- Experience taking minutes at meetings and handling confidential and complex documents and reports
- Highly developed project management and scheduling skills
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Multi-lingual – proficiency in either Spanish or French will be considered an asset
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, project based environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery an asset
- Poise, maturity and discretion to interact with high-profile individuals
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at various levels of seniority
- Highly resourceful, self-motivated, analytical problem solver with a proven can-do attitude and ability to take initiative
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work effectively with minimal supervision and deal with conflicting priorities and work demands
- Strong decision maker with superior judgment
- Detail oriented and resourceful
- Flexible and can drive change as needed
- Possesses a healthy sense of humour and is able to maintain a balanced perspective under stress