Unified Valve Ltd. (UVL) specializes in the sales and service of pressure relief valves as well as a supplier of industrial pumps and compression tube fittings. UVL’s head office is located in Calgary, Alberta and has branches located in Edmonton, Red Deer, Brooks, Grande Prairie, and Fort St. John, BC.
Due to our continued growth, our organization is adding the position of Technical Sales in Brooks. The role will entail the following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that action plans are created and implemented for his/her territory in order to achieve these goals and objectives.
- Establishes regular reporting of the results to the Team Leader.
- Identifies and reports new opportunities to meet customer needs.
- Presents quotes and works with the customer to finalize the quote.
- Monitors the project and provides timely updates to the customer.
- Recognizes and pursues marketing opportunities for the company’s existing products.
- Assists in identifying and analyzing new needs of existing customers and new markets in order to develop growth opportunities for the company.
- Assists in analyzing competing companies and products to determine their strengths, weaknesses and how our company should position itself to counter or take advantage of these factors.
- Coordinates territory sales forecasting for all products and monitors ongoing results.
- Implements advertising and public relations activities (trade shows, brochures, promotions, etc.) within the territory.
- Provides input to the Sales Manager, to ensure that customer concerns and complaints are effectively looked after in a timely manner.
- Recommends pricing and promotion programs and ensures effective implementation.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience in related product sales.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Out-going, self-motivated and demonstrates high initiative to achieve sales targets.
- Proactive, innovative and progressive thinker.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to work with various applications.
- Willingness to learn and develop technical capabilities in order to support the customer’s needs.
- This position requires traveling to the customer sites.
UVL places a high value on attracting and retaining exceptional individuals. We believe that the quality of our people reflects directly on the quality of our work.
Thank you for your interest in joining Unified Valve. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.