Job Title: Credit (Invoicing) Clerk
Reporting To: Controller
Status: 6 Month Contract – Hourly Position
The Credit (Invoicing) Clerk will report to the Controller and will perform moderate to complex credit claims duties and various data entry and administrative tasks. As a Credit (Invoicing) Clerk, you will receive requests for credits and returns via phone, fax or email. You will be responsible for ensuring all necessary back up is provided and that paperwork is completed accurately. This position is an administrative role, that involves processing, data entry, filing, and various tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between the customer and the company to insure that issues and disputes are resolved to the satisfaction of both parties.
- Log and track customer concerns and inquires.
- Log and monitor corrective actions.
- Research and obtain necessary back up for claims.
- Handle any/all follow-ups with freight carriers and customers.
- Conduct analysis, develop reports.
- Respond to customer concerns both verbal and written.
- Disseminate the data to internal customers.
- Assist with internal data analysis requests.
- Complete customer specifications, surveys, documents, etc.
- Determine correct credit code and reasoning.
- Investigate customer deductions.
- Periodic Filing.
- Data Entry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years in a similar role in an office setting interacting with customers verbally and in writing.
- Proven track record of working successfully within deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and research techniques.
- Previous experience with tracking and tracing of shipments.
- You must have excellent telephone/customer service skills and the ability to communicate in a business to business environment.
- Previous experience negotiating and making decisions.
- Prior experience and proven ability working with numbers and compiling reports.
- Must be fluent in English - both speaking and writing.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be capable of working with minimal supervision and have strong leadership and self-initiative skills.
- Strong demonstrated verbal / written communications, analytical, negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Must be detailed and results oriented.
- PC proficiency in Windows-based applications: Word, Excel.
- We are looking for someone with better than average attention to detail and the ability to multitask and prioritize their work.
Indeed - 8 months ago
UNFI is the largest distributor of natural, organic, kosher and specialty food products across North America. We supply and service our...