The role of the Media Assistant is to assist the Sony team in the preparation of media plans, media buys, recommendations and analysis. Where required, the Assistant will also purchase, document and maintain all media (broadcast, digital, out of home and print) purchases.
This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media team ensuring brilliant and flawless media executions.
- Assist in preparation of client media billing estimates and BCR’s under the supervision of the Media Planner/Supervisor
- Maintain accurate computer inputting (print insertions, station buys, bonus spots, pre-buy, post-buy analysis input)
- Check contracts for Buyer/Planner and/or Supervisor as required (signing and returning to sales representatives)
- Maintain group’s media contracts and make good filing system
- Input all contract numbers into UM Canada computer system
- Monitor insertions, pre-emptions and process make goods (initially, just inputting make goods but eventually negotiating make goods under supervision of the Buyer and/or Supervisor)
- Become proficient with computer programs (Word, Excel, DDS)
- Assist in solving/clearing billing discrepancies/queries in a timely manner
- Become proficient with BBM/Nielsen/PMB/ABC and other research systems/programs (as appropriate)
- Develop proficiency with syndicated media research systems and programs
- (e.g. BBM, Nielsen, LNA, ABC, PMB, IMS)
- Attend media seminars and presentations as required
- Involvement in the actual planning and buying process when appropriate training has occurred
- Assist media planner with developing costing and data collection for plan for recommendations or analyses
- Prepare media evaluations under supervision
- To assimilate media and client knowledge through appropriate experience
- Plus additional responsibilities as agreed to, by you and your immediate supervisor
- Post-secondary education – University graduate or advertising/marketing College degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Detailed, extremely accurate, and analytical
- Self-motivated, hard working
- Able to follow instructions
- Team player
- Knowledge of Excel and Word is a must
Does this sound like you? Are you ready to jump-start your career? Is this the job that will put you on the road to success? Please quote “Media Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail. We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with enviable benefits and an extensive employee perks program.
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Reprise Media is a full service digital marketing agency, specializing in Intent Marketing. Our core services cover Search Engine Marketing,...