POSITION: Crop Production Representative
LOCATION: Vermillion Area
POSTING #: HR14-30
DATE: March 13, 2014
The Crop Production Representative (CPR) will support the full Farm & Ranch Product Offer, including Crop Inputs, Livestock and Equipment. The CPR will be responsible to sell and qualify sales leads with customers in the Livestock and Equipment business segments, in addition to the core segment of Crop Inputs. The CPR will grow UFA’s market share and profitability in the crop production segment of agribusiness by:
A. Increasing the share of wallet of customers engaged in the production of a variety of crops by aggressively promoting the entire scope of product lines that provide solutions to the producer’s needs.
B. Increase UFA’s market share by leveraging the full spectrum of UFA’s product/service offering and provide recommendations for crop input products to customers that will offer an equitable solution to their needs.
C. Maintain customer profile data to support sales initiatives.
- Primary responsibility - prescribe appropriate solutions, inclusive of products and applicable services, to fulfill customer crop production needs. Direct sales leads for other products and service needs to the appropriate area that will best turn the lead into a sale.
- Customer Relationships - works to acquire new customers primarily through direct farm calls as well as in store contacts. Work one on one with assigned customer accounts to build long term relationships and manage the account so as to benefit both the producer and UFA. Promptly respond to customer issues either directly or by engaging the appropriate party to resolve the problem to the satisfaction of the customer and UFA.
- Revenue Targets - budgeted trade area sales, gross margin and inventory levels for crop production products are the primary objective, specifically to those inputs outlined under breadth of product.
- Breadth of Product - primary responsibility for the macro crop production needs of seed, crop protection, nutrition inputs and Livestock Services and Equipment sales. Further responsibility for grain storage and handling product/service offerings as well as to offer the ancillary product lines supporting crop production, such as tillage, sprayer parts, lubes, misc. machinery repair. Makes recommendations to the appropriate category manager in regards to assortment upgrades.
- Business Planning - primary responsibility for direction and input for product program planning, including staff training, product inventory forecasting, and sales for the macro crop production needs of seed, crop protection, nutrition inputs and Livestock Services and Equipment sales. Further responsibility to provide direction and input to the CPR1 for business plan development for product lines under their scope. Maybe required to participate in CCO initiated marketing campaign development.
- Pricing – knowledge of market area competitor offerings for primary product responsibility is key to providing central pricing with the market intel necessary to maintain a competitive price offer across the trade area. As directed, adhere to established trade area price lists for crop protection and nutrition products and seed.
- Development - responsible for participating in training on sales and marketing techniques, products and services; develop technical product knowledge through vendor sponsored training, and other employees; seek to increase agronomic skills and business knowledge of the agriculture industry; participate in product training to increase understanding of UFA grain-related products and services and Livestock Services and Equipment sales.
- Training – provide product and sales training to CPR1 by communicating features, benefits and application of seed and crop protection programs and products, further training to be provided to CPR1 by involving them in periodical field walks and farm sales calls.
- Member Experience - promote UFA by participating in store-related customer events, sales, marketing, and community relations activities such as grower meetings, supplier meetings, community events, field tours, and other promotional activities as directed by store management.
- Credit Management – adhere to company credit policies and processes and communicate all expected changes in a customer’s credit requirement or risk to the credit manager. Work with the credit department as directed to provide all necessary information to insure the customer’s credit facility is to the level that they require to meet their business needs.
- Minimum grade 12 diploma with 3-5 years of related sales and/or customer service experience or 1-2 years of level 1 sales experience.
- Valid Class 5 license.
- Previous sales and marketing experience in relation to crop production an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Have an intermediate computer aptitude as it relates to MS Office products.
- Has strong understanding of business, financials, products/services and the market as it relates to crop production.
- Demonstrated aptitude of strong customer relationship development in a B2B sales environment.
- Possess the Pesticide Dispenser Certification.
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) or Professional Agriculturalist designation would be an asset.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited. has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Bonus Program.
Please go to http://www.workatufa.com/Posting/15188 for more info.
Position will remain open until it is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard -