United Christian Broadcasters Canada (UCB Canada) is an expanding not for profit Christian media group looking for maternity cover to start work on the 25th February 2013. As this is a public Christian ministry, an active Christian faith and lifestyle is a condition of employment. (UCB Canada’s statement of faith can be found at http://www.ucbcanada.com/joomla2/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=193 )
Duties & Obligations:
Admin and Data Base Support is responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of the Data Base, Donor and Word For You Today (Daily devotional) Liaison, Word For You Today (WFYT) maintenance and distribution, Personalized WFYT, Church Liaison and Event support.
Tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Retrieve necessary information from the database for general inquiries and mail outs
- Update and maintain the Events function on the database, entering in payments for tickets and keeping an accurate record of attendees
The Word for You Today
- Compile and organize a quarterly mail list for distribution to a timely manner required by the mail house
- Liaise with Executive Director, Marketing department and the mail house to ensure deadlines are met
- Follow-up support for current subscribers.
- Grow the Bulk and Personalized WFYT list for Churches – This is a key role which you will be required to work closely with the Executive Director. You will need to maintain a list of churches across Canada, cross referenced to existing customers to offer a quarterly trial of the WFYT with the view of converting them to a Bulk / Personalized order placement. This will require adherence to deadlines, follow up phone calls and troubleshooting.
- Input product in database, mailing, follow up support
Administrative & Promotion Support
- Ensure all supporters are thanked in a timely manner
- Mail letters and promotional material as needed
- Work closely with the Executive Director to maintain his diary for speaking engagements in the Churches, making sure that what the churches require is communicated properly to him and the material needed for the engagement is available.
- Volunteers – A detailed current record of available volunteers are kept, police checks are performed and references are followed up for events and community engagements as needed. These records are confidential and should be kept with the HR records in the Executive Directors office.
- Assist with events as help is required and level of experience, this role will require you to work with the Finance Manager and the Event Coordinator.
- Experience with Excel, Microsoft Word and Data Base.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Time management skills and ability to multi-task a must
- A good and compassionate telephone manner
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Community Engagement
- Maternity Leave cover (12 months), Full-time 40 hours per week
- Salary, $11 – 15.00 an hour depending on experience
- This position reports to the Executive Director but works closely to the Finance Department
- 3 Weeks paid Holiday
Physical & Environmental Considerations:
- An ability to multi-task and work under considerable stress is essential
- Long periods of sitting and computer use
- Office located on 3rd floor of non-wheelchair accessible building.