UBS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Prefer
Associate Director Market Risk Control - Equities (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 2, 2014
Prefer not to say in this forum. Overall, it was a good learning experience.
Punctual Productive and Creative.
Windows 7 Migration Engineer (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 1, 2014
Pros: good salary.
Cons: a lot of travelling
A great environment to work in.
You face new issues everyday and solving them is a challenge, you get to learn new thing everyday and gain a a lot of experience.
Them team i worked with on this project was very friendly and motivated.
Investment Banking Compliance
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APMarch 27, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: n/a
Learned many things in in UBS & Cognizant in my 5.3 years of experience, how to deal with different clients, how to maintain work life balance.
A great place to start and gain experience
Tech Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: i had a great mentor
Cons: compensation is not as competitive
I learned most of what I know in the financial services industry here at UBS. For example, I learned about the stock market; how to build an asset allocation portfolio; how to analyze money managers; risk assessment; and goals and risk tolerance.
Great Place to work
Banking Products Settlements Specialist (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great job, great experience, great caf
Cons: high pressure
Great Place to work, nice atmosphere, but it is challenging. If you are not ready for high pressure job, then this is not the job for you. Well paid place and great vacation time. I did enjoy my time at UBS, but it is very market driven and the workforce can be downsized very easily and quickly.
Not a stressful atmosphere to work in.
Insurance & Commissions Associate (Current Employee), Weehawken NJMarch 17, 2014
Pros: on fridays management brings in bagels for the department.
Cons: compension could be better.
Managment understands that their staff have a life outside the job and allow their employees to take care of family matters that may occasionally arise.

Co-workers and other associates in various departments are helpful and friendly for the most part.

Relaxed atmosphere.
na
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2014
A lot of work politics, no work life balance, challenging and fast pace.

Good benefits
productive, knowledgeable
Business Development Intern (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 13, 2014
very willing to share knowledge and expertise. I worked with the Business Development VP and the VP of investments. They were very ahead of me in terms of years of experience and education completed--but never treated me like I was beneath them
Productive work place
Operation Assistant Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 8, 2014
It was non paid internship. My first experience with big corporation. I assisted in three difference departments.
Lots of training provided
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIMarch 7, 2014
Lots of training provided but lots of changes in management.
Analyst (Current Employee), Weehawken, NJMarch 5, 2014
Cons: compensation
It really depends on the team and the manager. Decent support from the line management for the work / life balance. However, the compensation is not in line with the rest of the street
UBS does not care for their employees.
Branch Services Associate (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 4, 2014
UBS is a hard place to work. They do not have compassion for their employees.
Productive workplace with very demanding environment
Lead Software Developer (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJMarch 4, 2014
Cons: long hours
Very demanding corporate environment with long working hours
Interesting place with diverse people
Executive/Team Assistant (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: compensation, recognition
Co-workers here are great to work with. I enjoy doing new and different things
Accounting Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2014
Great environment, encouraged you to learn new things and wonderful co-workers.
Good Work culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee), NJMarch 1, 2014
Perfect Company to work in with great work culture and innovative solutions
Productive and fun place to work. Very customer service oriented
Intern (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 26, 2014
During my internship I had the pleasure of learning all about the different aspects of investing. From stocks, bonds, penny stocks, 401k's, Mutual Money Market accounts, and more. The most important part of my day was making sure the clients were well informed on their investments and that they felt well managed.
Team oriented
Executive Administration (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: ny is a great place to work
Cons: compensation
A typical day at work consists of running various reports, managing calendars, booking travel, completing expense reports, processing marketing materials, running various analysis on accounts and all around general management of duties. The hardest part of the job is the morale due to compensation. The most enjoyable part of the job is performing various – more... duties on a daily basis. My background is very diversified and I thoroughly enjoy the various tasks I am given. I would like to enhance my marketing background and knowledge. – less
A great place to Learn the Business of Stocks
Client Service Associate (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 25, 2014
A team based environment where you work closely with your own team as well on your own. A typical day consist of doing client transactions, answering the phones, and processing requests for clients whether from the same day or a different day.
Professional and encouraging work environment
Intern - The Brewster Financial Group (Former Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: pay, incredibly flexible work schedule, office environment
Cons: technological limitations, company software, limited days available to work
General work involved a mix of marketing and financial reporting. As the marketing intern, the main responsibilities were to perform social media advertising and client research for the team. Financial reports and data sheets were constructed and prepared for the team in preparation for meetings, and the team's website and marketing materials were kept – more... in check and up to date.

Working for UBS Financial Services provided me with great experience in wealth and investment management. My analytical skills were continually tested and developed as I conducted research for the team and completed increasingly complex projects. I gained proficiency with different softwares, such as Lord Abbott and Morningstar Tools programs.

The co-workers I had with this team were all experienced in their fields and allowed me to learn much from them. Through the different members, I consistently learned more about accounting, finance, and customer service.

As a part of the team, I was able to utilize my skills with computer sciences, customer service and marketing. My knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the more complex functions of the software allowed me to enhance and expand the team's client portfolios. With my knowledge of social media advertising and website management, I was responsible for promoting the team's business and services to local clients in nearby counties.

One of the best experiences of this internship was the opportunity to continually learn about finance, accounting, management and marketing while doing my work. Assigned projects and tasks were often deliberately designed in some way to allow me as an intern to learn from the business and gain experience from it. – less

About UBS

We draw on our 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in – Read more