UBS

UBS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good people, good work/life balance, high turnover
IT Risk (Current Employee), Weehawken NJJanuary 9, 2015
Good people, good work/life balance. Work life balance is very good, depending on the group (and boss).
Excellent
Business & Control Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2015
The company was great with a great work/life balance. Management was good.
Fun Work Place
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches
A typical day at work will be hard working.

I have learned a lot from this company, how to work out quotes, ordering of stock, etc.

Management was good. They made sure that they motivated the different branches.

Co workers where talkative and hardworking

The most enjoyable part of this job was the fact that management only came to the branch once a month.
committed to all projects until completion
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: worked long hours until the job is done
Cons: commuting out of state each day
Every day is totally unlike the last one. new things happen every day.

Continuous learning process

Co-workers are incredible. We depended on each other and achieved together.

Designing accounting processes, testing and analyzing.

Being able to pass on my experiences to other employees through training.
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Typical day hard pace workplace and a lot of teamwork and respect
Productive and fun workplace
Wealth Management Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 5, 2015
• Analyzed specific strategies and through understanding of modern portfolio theory to assist Mossa investment groups in managing assets of high net worth clients with minimum investment assets above US$ 10 million
• Diversified investment portfolios and strategies to meet clients’ objectives and risk tolerances and optimize investment portfolios to grow their wealth score and improve stable return on investment within 5 years
• Actively participated in a wide range of proprietary research of new potential clients for a private equity firm and engaged in IPO and M&A deals
FINANCE ANALYST
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), BROADGATE, LIVERPOOL STJanuary 5, 2015
The position is primarily a multi-faceted monthly reporting role with a broad set of responsibilities. It has provided me with a strong grounding in both Financial & Management Accounting and control-based issues confronted in Wealth Management & Investment banking business's
Flexible work schedule
Janitor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Good company to work for it with flexible working schedule.
Financial Company with room to grow
Senior Client Service Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: health benefits, 401k
Cons: depends on the office and clients you work with! pressure to finish tasks always looming!!!!!!!!!!!
A typical day entails working with clients and utilizing stron analytical skills to assist a range and variety of clients with varying needs. Must have strong aptitude for math and ability to work under pressure
Flexible work environment
Equity Product Controller (Current Employee), HyderabadDecember 29, 2014
1. First organization I have worked for long time.
2. Work environment is too good.
3. Flexible in work and life balance.
Middle Office Trade Support Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 22, 2014
I enjoyed my time at UBS. It was exciting to learn and to be part of the team that I worked with. The management team was excellent and very engaging.
Good environment to work in
Senior Associate-Authorized Officer (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 20, 2014
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: hard to communicate with management that's in a different location
A typical day at work starts for me at 6:30 AM at our new location in Downtown Nashville. I like starting early in the morning, to be able to get my morning stuff done by the time when my co-workers in the branches start their day. I like to be proactive and finish my work ahead of time--each and every project we have to complete , it's being done with no errors and in a timely manner. All my daily cases are being reviewed the same day I receive them. The quality of my work is excellent and the error rate is low---I had very good PMM's (annual reviews) for the past 18 years. I enjoy training new employees and helping my peers with isues/questions related to my daily work. In the past 10 years, I have received over 130 e-mails from the Financial Advisors, Client Services Associates, Branch Managers recognizing my hard work and accomplishments. I work without supervision and my biggest strength is my ability to manage my time well and focus on my work. I am not easily distracted and, that means that my performance is very high, even in a busy office like mine.
I'm looking forward to greater challenges and I would be a good supervisor as I know how to deal with people around me.

I am not looking for any sales positions or marketing.
Sybase developer
Technical lead (Current Employee), Jersey cityDecember 18, 2014
- Involved in Enhancement and maintenance of the application.
- Involved in Release activity and project implementation.
- Involved in Creation of Tables, Procedures, Triggers, Views, Constraints, User Defined Data types, and Cursors tables for implementing business logics.
- Involved in Writing/ Modifying Shell Scripts.
- Involved in Troubleshooting user problems in programming related activities.
- Involved in Unit Testing and documentation of the application
variety of positions in very diverse fields
Managing Director "Financial Intermediaries" (Former Employee), Zürich, ZHDecember 17, 2014
great worldwide exposure in many of the positions Held
deep understanding of US Wealth market obtained
Very good place for future career development
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: very positive potential for career development
My typical day at work is to develope Excel model to compare and contrast cash flow and annual return of the funds with assumptions on draw outs and annual returns to generate hypothetical illustrations for funds during a certain time period using Morningstar, to Calculate ratios to determine the portfolio performance (e.g. Sharpe ratio and Sortino ratio) using Zephyr software to make blend portfolio to compare with other blend index or funds, to Create Mindmaps for clients based on information gathered during discovery process, and to Prepare wealth management plan report for clients including: client discovery and financial planning, UBS wealth management consulting process, account and fee structure.

I had a very good relationship with my supervisor. He arranged task for me and I usually needed to finish the work within specific amount of time based on my tasks.

I co-workers and very helpful to me. When I need to ask any question, they were always willing to answer my questions.

The hardest part of the job is that I need to arrage my limited time efficiently to finish my multitask within limited amount of time.

The most enjorboe part of the job is that I can learn new things every day.
Good Culture
Equity Derivatives Trading Summer Analyst (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIDecember 11, 2014
Pros: nice and smart people, good place to learn, good career path
Cons: it system
I was the summer intern on Delta one trading desk, helped to price ETFs, back test trading strategies, learn how to make market.

People here are very nice and open to interns, have the patience to answer questions or discuss a topic.
Absolutely wonderful company to work for!!!!
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, MoDecember 1, 2014
provide a fun, supportive environment for all of their employees. I learned so much about the business from these two women, and continue to stay in contact with them because they are such wonderful role models. Job came with clear expectations, great hours, and a fun way to earn money!
• Technical support for a suite of Interest Derivatives trading applications in production & UAT environment
Support Analyst (Former Employee), Stamford, CTNovember 21, 2014
• Provide support and resolution for all end user issues and technical problems related to Trade Capture & Risk Analysis Applications (OBS Suites of Applications). Monitor global infrastructure including UNIX servers, windows desktops and database servers.
• Create scripts and programs to automate and monitor system tasks using shell scripts, Perl and python.
• Liaise with end users and development teams to fix application bugs and rollout new software.
• Supporting OBS Applications Windows & Unix based globally
• Scheduling Jobs in Autosys System and maintaining them
• Attending the user Application Support Call and also supporting Trading Floor users
• Interaction with Development team for the new enhancements and Bug Fixes
• Interaction with Other GSD Team members & Application Team i-e Market data team Settlement System etc.
• Also supporting Weekend Activities done by Infrastructure Team or Business Team activity i-e Bulk Trade amends etc.
Job Title: Application Production Support Engineer Client: UBS Jun 04 - Pres
• Supporting OBS Applications Windows & Unix based globally
• Scheduling Jobs in Autosys System – more... and maintaining them
• Interaction with development team for the new enhancements and bug fixes
Job Title: Production Support Analyst Client: The McGraw-Hill Companies Mar’ 04 - Jun 04
• Supporting application for maintaining the royalty for the publishers and writers for both Production and UAT environment
• Supporting Hardware and Software Infrastructure associated with application
• Writing the shell scripts to check in and Checkout Programs Copy Books and scripts from development box to Production, and vice versa.
• Developing and supporting the interfaces for Data Transfer in Korn Shell Scripts awk and sed
• Maintaining the Maestro Scheduler for scheduling the jobs
Job Title: Support Analyst Client: Pfizer, Inc. Mar ‘01 - Mar '04
• Medicaid/FSS – In House developed Application Developed in Ksh Shell Scripts
• CARS/Medicaid – Third party Application running on HP UNIX BOX with Oracle as a Database
• CARS/IS – Third party application running on Windows NT UNIX Box with Oracle as a Database
• Scheduling thru Maestro and Cron
• Designing, developing and supporting the Application IHC52X7 (Application made in KSH and awk)
• Writing Shell scripts in b shell, c shell and k shell for different applications for total automation in backup and OAandM implementation – less
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJNovember 19, 2014
This is one of the company where we can learn many productive things. Environment was very friendly and supportive.
Dedicated staff despite years of headcount reductions. Good platform to hone your skills.
Anonymous (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJNovember 18, 2014
Pros: dedicated employees. great training ground. good competitive position.
Cons: efforts to improve corporate culture have fallen short.
Your experience will vary depending on the business unit and functional area. Generally positive feelings in the Field, depending on Complex.Great place to start a career. Senior management team at home office comprised of former Merrill executives who may not stay forever.

About UBS

We draw on our 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in – Read more