UBS

• Salary/Benefits
it was good
Oracle DBA (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 10, 2014
Good work environment
good working team & oncall rotating.
Very tight work deadlines, tons and tons of work
Role - Informatica Lead, Lead Developer (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJAugust 8, 2014
Pros: good place to learn new things
Cons: too hectic, tight deadlines
Good place to start if you are too enthusiastic to learn new things every day but the work is really hectic. Too much of work and very few resources.
Awful
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 7, 2014
UBS likes American money but they don't like Americans. They created an environment where nothing mattered but making money and then didn't reward those who helped to keep the company profitable. I would never recommend this company to anyone. The internal backbiting and political maneuvering would make any of the fearless wonders in Washington proud.
Client focused and energetic work environment
Compliance Dept. Client Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Weehawken, NJAugust 6, 2014
Pros: learning environment including class and online training courses
Work environment is productive and focused on client service excellence. Typical day is spent researching client concerns and conveying resolutions to them in letter form. We have a strong team with a lot of experience, however we work mostly on our own initiative using the different resources available to us.
Demanding, and Challenging Environment
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Weehawken, New JerseyAugust 1, 2014
Pros: working with the branch offices, and camaraderie with fellow co-workers.
Cons: the long hours everyday including weekends, and holidays during tax season.
1. One of my functions I had was to submit a daily balance report to the IRS detailing the prior day backup withholdings from clients that the IRS claimed to have discrepancies with.
2. I would also research these issues in our records, and work with the IRS, and Branch office personnel to have them corrected.
2. I learned to keep a cool attitude when – more... confronted by a frustrated individual, and will work with them to aid in correcting their negative issue(s).
3. I maintained a great working relationship with management. I also reported daily to work earlier than scheduled to prevent any delay in balancing the prior days backup withholding reports to the IRS.
4. My co-workers, and I also had a very good relationship, and still keep in contact today.
5. The hardest part of the job was during "Tax Season". We were required to work a 10 hour plus day during this period, and it was from January to the end of March. We had to report everyday which included weekends, and holidays for three months, and I had done this for over 20 years.
6. The enjoyable part of the job was contacting the various Branch offices, and working with them to correct the various issues they had between the IRS, and their clients. I also enjoyed the camaraderie I had with my fellow employees. – less
Management, very professional with empathy.
Senior Collector - Negotiator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: free training
UBS, SSG
7515 Irvine Center Drive., Irvine, CA
---operation facility, 2008

Higher management, middle management were very professional and at the same time employee oriented.
They provided the training needed, they expect you to meet your goals and at the same time created an atmosphere where you are inspired to work. The employees, us, were well provided – more... and cared for. – less
I enjoyed working for this company
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2014
-Performed administrative and operational support to a team of three Financial Advisors and one Wealth Strategy Associate.
-Generated a variety of different reports and spreadsheets for high new worth clients. Reports included monthly statements, quarterly reviews, fiscal activity, realized gains/losses, ect.
-Initiated disbursements for team: fed wire – more... transfers, ACH, DTC, cash and security journals, and ACAT transfers and receives.
-Performed account opening and maintenance on client accounts as well as prompt responses to clients’ queries. – less
Get ready to be chained and treated like a slave
Business Operations/Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: none it like working at a prison
Cons: everything
No growth, I didnt learn a thing except to accept being screamed at by some a coworker that knew less than me but had opportunity to go to ivy school so they got the officer role. They treat you like your in a prison clocking into a system once you sit down and you have to clock out if you leave your desk so they can monitor every movement. I have never – more... seen such a waste on so many levels in an organization, but then thats why every few years they are cutting jobs. – less
Decent admin experience
wealth management (Former Employee), londonJuly 27, 2014
Typical day consisted of handling documents and organising them, nothing too tedious.
Energetic & competitive environment
Branch Technical Support (Former Employee), Weehawken NJJuly 23, 2014
Pros: 401k employee match
Cons: outsourcing
Very competitive environment. Fast-paced with great co-workers and constantly learning. Outsourcing & moving divisions to Nashville TN made promotions difficult with constant rotations of mangers.
Enjoyable yet challenging
Associate Director, Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Hong Kong, HKIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: meet and interact with different stakeholders
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see smiling and satisfied clients.
Strong work environment
Executive Director (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJJuly 22, 2014
Management provides support and direction

Compensation can be on the lower end of competitive scale
work/life balance
Sr. Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
provides good work/life balance
learned about what it's like to work for such a large company
Hands on fast paced
Business Manager / Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
No two days were the same. I was fortunate enough to be involved in a groupwide - global project so was able to learn from all areas of the bank globally.
Fast paced, competitive environment with a stellar reputation and opportunities for advancement.
Marketing Manager, AVP (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJJuly 17, 2014
This company was very dynamic and fast passed. Clients were high net worth individuals so attention to detail, hands-on service and unique capabilities were critical for success. I worked with a team of ambitious, dedicated, talented people and learned an immense amount about Marketing and Investment Services in my time at the company.
Productive, Great Work Environment
Intern for V.P. of Wealth Management (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free meals, free networking events
Cons: na
Challenging / Rewarding
Learned= Everything + More
Best Internship I have ever had
It was challenging however it pushed me to excel and constantly grow. Which in return was rewarding.
Successful brokerage firm with room for growth
Business Service Associate, Operations (Former Employee), Melville, NYJuly 15, 2014
UBS was a fantastic company to work for. A typical day began with ensuring all Account Transfers were entered into UBS software system before the 10am deadline. Once completed, I would ensure all new account paperwork was correctly filled out and any and all changes were made to the account. Around mid-day I would receive incoming checks and apply the – more... deposits to the corresponding accounts. Through out the day I would also assist in entering stock tickets and trades as needed. Aside from my own responsibilities I would assist my two close quartered co-workers in whatever they needed.
I really learned a lot in my short time at UBS. It was my first job after graduating college and it was exciting to watch the financial advisors in action and learn the ins and outs of the market first hand. The management at UBS was wonderful, I formed a great relationship with all of them. They quickly saw I was a hardworking, fast learning, respectable "kid"...as they called me at the time. My co-workers were a great bunch, they were all fairly seasoned employees and really took the time to ensure I understood what was expected of me and were very patient in transferring their knowledge onto me.
The hardest part of the job was deadlines. Often times I was presented with a trade, or new account paperwork or a check that needed to get done within minutes of a deadline. Luckily I'm cool under pressure and always got the job done. The most enjoyable part of the day, honestly, was the end of the day. I never left the office stressed that I did not complete something or have a co-worker disappointed in my work. I understood what was expected of me each day and just did it so I could feel good leaving and start the next day fresh. – less
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
I interned at UBS while I was in college. I was exposed to a lot and learn from my time there
Review
Distributed Change Management - Release Management (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJJuly 14, 2014
Pros: life balance
Cons: job security
• Day to day management and administration of the Software Configuration Management & Deployment tools.
• Helping to manage multiple testing streams and ensuring that required code changes are applied to the correct code baselines & Oracle databases.
• Producing baseline comparison reports using comparison tools.
• Supporting code changes and ensuring – more... all required testing sign-off and approvals are received for changes to the Production environment, before deployment is made.
• Keeping accurate records of changes made to both the code and the testing environments.
• Carrying out the standard activities required to ensure that all environments are setup and appropriately controlled.
• Produce and maintain clear, concise documentation for the SEM area and the wider group.
• Helping to train new development staff in the use of the SEM Tools and the processes/procedures to be used
• Work closely with other SEM team members to ensure appropriate cover is provided for the SEM service and that clean handover is made to the team members taking over in the next time zone. – less
Cold-calling and networking is key.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: wholesaler sponsored meals. schedules are flexible. good commissions.
Cons: cold-calling. early morning ny stock market schedules.
Rough times in financial sector calls for a lot of cold-calling and networking. Get to know influential people and work with affluent individuals. Key to success is hard work and perseverance.

About UBS

We draw on our 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in – Read more