Pros: working with the branch offices, and camaraderie with fellow co-workers.
Cons: the long hours everyday including weekends, and holidays during tax season.
1. One of my functions I had was to submit a daily balance report to the IRS detailing the prior day backup withholdings from clients that the IRS claimed to have discrepancies with.
2. I would also research these issues in our records, and work with the IRS, and Branch office personnel to have them corrected.
2. I learned to keep a cool attitude when – more... confronted by a frustrated individual, and will work with them to aid in correcting their negative issue(s).
3. I maintained a great working relationship with management. I also reported daily to work earlier than scheduled to prevent any delay in balancing the prior days backup withholding reports to the IRS.
4. My co-workers, and I also had a very good relationship, and still keep in contact today.
5. The hardest part of the job was during "Tax Season". We were required to work a 10 hour plus day during this period, and it was from January to the end of March. We had to report everyday which included weekends, and holidays for three months, and I had done this for over 20 years.
6. The enjoyable part of the job was contacting the various Branch offices, and working with them to correct the various issues they had between the IRS, and their clients. I also enjoyed the camaraderie I had with my fellow employees. – less