UBS

UBS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable yet challenging
Associate Director, Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Hong Kong, HKIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: meet and interact with different stakeholders
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see smiling and satisfied clients.
Strong work environment
Executive Director (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJJuly 22, 2014
Management provides support and direction

Compensation can be on the lower end of competitive scale
work/life balance
Sr. Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
provides good work/life balance
learned about what it's like to work for such a large company
Hands on fast paced
Business Manager / Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
No two days were the same. I was fortunate enough to be involved in a groupwide - global project so was able to learn from all areas of the bank globally.
Fast paced, competitive environment with a stellar reputation and opportunities for advancement.
Marketing Manager, AVP (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJJuly 17, 2014
This company was very dynamic and fast passed. Clients were high net worth individuals so attention to detail, hands-on service and unique capabilities were critical for success. I worked with a team of ambitious, dedicated, talented people and learned an immense amount about Marketing and Investment Services in my time at the company.
Productive, Great Work Environment
Intern for V.P. of Wealth Management (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free meals, free networking events
Cons: na
Challenging / Rewarding
Learned= Everything + More
Best Internship I have ever had
It was challenging however it pushed me to excel and constantly grow. Which in return was rewarding.
Successful brokerage firm with room for growth
Business Service Associate, Operations (Former Employee), Melville, NYJuly 15, 2014
UBS was a fantastic company to work for. A typical day began with ensuring all Account Transfers were entered into UBS software system before the 10am deadline. Once completed, I would ensure all new account paperwork was correctly filled out and any and all changes were made to the account. Around mid-day I would receive incoming checks and apply the – more... deposits to the corresponding accounts. Through out the day I would also assist in entering stock tickets and trades as needed. Aside from my own responsibilities I would assist my two close quartered co-workers in whatever they needed.
I really learned a lot in my short time at UBS. It was my first job after graduating college and it was exciting to watch the financial advisors in action and learn the ins and outs of the market first hand. The management at UBS was wonderful, I formed a great relationship with all of them. They quickly saw I was a hardworking, fast learning, respectable "kid"...as they called me at the time. My co-workers were a great bunch, they were all fairly seasoned employees and really took the time to ensure I understood what was expected of me and were very patient in transferring their knowledge onto me.
The hardest part of the job was deadlines. Often times I was presented with a trade, or new account paperwork or a check that needed to get done within minutes of a deadline. Luckily I'm cool under pressure and always got the job done. The most enjoyable part of the day, honestly, was the end of the day. I never left the office stressed that I did not complete something or have a co-worker disappointed in my work. I understood what was expected of me each day and just did it so I could feel good leaving and start the next day fresh. – less
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
I interned at UBS while I was in college. I was exposed to a lot and learn from my time there
Review
Distributed Change Management - Release Management (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJJuly 14, 2014
Pros: life balance
Cons: job security
• Day to day management and administration of the Software Configuration Management & Deployment tools.
• Helping to manage multiple testing streams and ensuring that required code changes are applied to the correct code baselines & Oracle databases.
• Producing baseline comparison reports using comparison tools.
• Supporting code changes and ensuring – more... all required testing sign-off and approvals are received for changes to the Production environment, before deployment is made.
• Keeping accurate records of changes made to both the code and the testing environments.
• Carrying out the standard activities required to ensure that all environments are setup and appropriately controlled.
• Produce and maintain clear, concise documentation for the SEM area and the wider group.
• Helping to train new development staff in the use of the SEM Tools and the processes/procedures to be used
• Work closely with other SEM team members to ensure appropriate cover is provided for the SEM service and that clean handover is made to the team members taking over in the next time zone. – less
Cold-calling and networking is key.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: wholesaler sponsored meals. schedules are flexible. good commissions.
Cons: cold-calling. early morning ny stock market schedules.
Rough times in financial sector calls for a lot of cold-calling and networking. Get to know influential people and work with affluent individuals. Key to success is hard work and perseverance.
Great
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2014
I enjoyed my time working there. Everyone was really nice and a hard worker.
Worse and Worse over the years.
Data & Document Deputy Manager (Current Employee), Weehawken, NJJuly 10, 2014
UBS's short-term thinking limits potential in talented and skilled workers, while at the same time not allocating proper resources where needed in addition to management being a joke.
Advisor Role
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 10, 2014
Being an advisor is more about sales than asset management. Although I am better at the latter, this opportunity allowed me to explore another side of myself. I was a top performer for my time at UBS.
Lack of facilities and technology.
Assisting the thru desk visit or phone support (Current Employee), Raffles Place.July 9, 2014
More rooms for improvement, keep the politics out of work as thisbis not good working with different races in the team.
highly productive
RISK WEIGHTED ASSETS ANALYST (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: n/a
Productive, learned abour the Basel 3 rules & regulations, calm management, wonderful team members.
the hardest part of the job would be meeting deadlines and multi tasking
completing tasks in due time is the highlight of the day for me
Productive workplace
Senior Software Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 4, 2014
Good place to learn financial corporate investment strategies.
Productive and Fun place to work
Associate Director (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 4, 2014
A typical day at work, what you learned, mgmt, your co-workers, hardest part of the job
Great Culture
Product Development & Management Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
Great at recognizing talent.
Reserved.
Great at rebranding.
Excellent working with UBS
Sybase Tech Lead (Current Employee), Stamford, ConnecticutJune 30, 2014
Pros: good work environment
* Typically with busy day starts with work items to be worked on daily basis. Co ordination with offshore and onshore teams to ensure pending work and assigned tasks to be completed. Followups of the specified tasks assigned to mark to completion.
* Working on any RTB items that come across during the day
Managing a team of people at offshore to discuss – more... work items on daily basis. Type of discussion based on the person attitude. – less
Empowerment
Client Verification Unit Associate (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJJune 30, 2014
Allowed to come up with our own ideas on how to complete the work. Not micromanaged.

About UBS

We draw on our 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in – Read more