UBS

UBS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good exposure, terrible pay and management
Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2014
the management constantly humiliate you to perform better, dangling the carrot stick with no actual carrot!
Productive and fun workplace
Contracts Operations Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2013
Great place to work. Challenging environment where one can maximize strengths and develop weaknesses.
Review
Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2012
Independent work environment. Challenging work material. Knowledgable staff
Conducive to work
Accountant/ Billing Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2012
Pros: free lunch for 3 days; unlimited free drinks
* Flexi time
* Learned various systems such as FAST Hyperion, GIMII, Global Astra, Essbase, SAP GGL Prod, CMS
* Colleagues are nice and accomodating
* Challenging work... learning about Assets under Management
good place to work
Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee), Denver COAugust 19, 2014
Handled client calls and handled requests. Supported the FA's. Very helpful co-workers and managers at my branch.
Project Manager/System Engineer (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJAugust 18, 2014
Career advancement is encouraged and nurtured.
Many opportunities provided to employees to enhance their skills and provide viable contributions to projects.
This was a great work environment
Administrative Assistant and CSR (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 14, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: compensation
I was given an opportunity with no experience and a long time relationship with the members of the Credit Union as well as co-workers.
I was able to advance and be exposed to different areas of Financial Institutes
Overall Summary
Sr. Financial Analyst [Consultant] (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2014
Great organization to work for. Unfortunately this was a consulting role and the opportunity for a permanent position did not present itself due to restructuring within the organization and offshoring of positions.

Developed automated applications and eliminated redundancies to increase productivity as an IT financial analyst and department-wide; determined – more... information requirements to ensure reporting accuracy.

Created transaction report for project managers (PMs) to track YTD accruals, invoices, and reversals, significantly improving forecasting accuracy; trained PMs on new process and cut time spent from weeks to one week.

Established departmental processes, manuals, and training guides as well as delivered training to analysts. – less
it was good
Oracle DBA (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 10, 2014
Good work environment
good working team & oncall rotating.
Very tight work deadlines, tons and tons of work
Role - Informatica Lead, Lead Developer (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJAugust 8, 2014
Pros: good place to learn new things
Cons: too hectic, tight deadlines
Good place to start if you are too enthusiastic to learn new things every day but the work is really hectic. Too much of work and very few resources.
Awful
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 7, 2014
UBS likes American money but they don't like Americans. They created an environment where nothing mattered but making money and then didn't reward those who helped to keep the company profitable. I would never recommend this company to anyone. The internal backbiting and political maneuvering would make any of the fearless wonders in Washington proud.
Client focused and energetic work environment
Compliance Dept. Client Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Weehawken, NJAugust 6, 2014
Pros: learning environment including class and online training courses
Work environment is productive and focused on client service excellence. Typical day is spent researching client concerns and conveying resolutions to them in letter form. We have a strong team with a lot of experience, however we work mostly on our own initiative using the different resources available to us.
Demanding, and Challenging Environment
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Weehawken, New JerseyAugust 1, 2014
Pros: working with the branch offices, and camaraderie with fellow co-workers.
Cons: the long hours everyday including weekends, and holidays during tax season.
1. One of my functions I had was to submit a daily balance report to the IRS detailing the prior day backup withholdings from clients that the IRS claimed to have discrepancies with.
2. I would also research these issues in our records, and work with the IRS, and Branch office personnel to have them corrected.
2. I learned to keep a cool attitude when – more... confronted by a frustrated individual, and will work with them to aid in correcting their negative issue(s).
3. I maintained a great working relationship with management. I also reported daily to work earlier than scheduled to prevent any delay in balancing the prior days backup withholding reports to the IRS.
4. My co-workers, and I also had a very good relationship, and still keep in contact today.
5. The hardest part of the job was during "Tax Season". We were required to work a 10 hour plus day during this period, and it was from January to the end of March. We had to report everyday which included weekends, and holidays for three months, and I had done this for over 20 years.
6. The enjoyable part of the job was contacting the various Branch offices, and working with them to correct the various issues they had between the IRS, and their clients. I also enjoyed the camaraderie I had with my fellow employees. – less
Management, very professional with empathy.
Senior Collector - Negotiator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: free training
UBS, SSG
7515 Irvine Center Drive., Irvine, CA
---operation facility, 2008

Higher management, middle management were very professional and at the same time employee oriented.
They provided the training needed, they expect you to meet your goals and at the same time created an atmosphere where you are inspired to work. The employees, us, were well provided – more... and cared for. – less
I enjoyed working for this company
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2014
-Performed administrative and operational support to a team of three Financial Advisors and one Wealth Strategy Associate.
-Generated a variety of different reports and spreadsheets for high new worth clients. Reports included monthly statements, quarterly reviews, fiscal activity, realized gains/losses, ect.
-Initiated disbursements for team: fed wire – more... transfers, ACH, DTC, cash and security journals, and ACAT transfers and receives.
-Performed account opening and maintenance on client accounts as well as prompt responses to clients’ queries. – less
Get ready to be chained and treated like a slave
Business Operations/Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: none it like working at a prison
Cons: everything
No growth, I didnt learn a thing except to accept being screamed at by some a coworker that knew less than me but had opportunity to go to ivy school so they got the officer role. They treat you like your in a prison clocking into a system once you sit down and you have to clock out if you leave your desk so they can monitor every movement. I have never – more... seen such a waste on so many levels in an organization, but then thats why every few years they are cutting jobs. – less
Decent admin experience
wealth management (Former Employee), londonJuly 27, 2014
Typical day consisted of handling documents and organising them, nothing too tedious.
Energetic & competitive environment
Branch Technical Support (Former Employee), Weehawken NJJuly 23, 2014
Pros: 401k employee match
Cons: outsourcing
Very competitive environment. Fast-paced with great co-workers and constantly learning. Outsourcing & moving divisions to Nashville TN made promotions difficult with constant rotations of mangers.
Enjoyable yet challenging
Associate Director, Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Hong Kong, HKIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: meet and interact with different stakeholders
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see smiling and satisfied clients.
Strong work environment
Executive Director (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJJuly 22, 2014
Management provides support and direction

Compensation can be on the lower end of competitive scale

1 2 3 4 5

About UBS

We draw on our 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in – Read more