UBS

UBS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good exposure, terrible pay and management
Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2014
the management constantly humiliate you to perform better, dangling the carrot stick with no actual carrot!
Productive, On-going Learning, Advanced Training Methodologies for Training programs
Training Program Management (Former Employee), Singapore AsiaJanuary 7, 2014
While it was a 6 month project, I was able to contribute and learn about current trends in my area of L&D/Training
Productive and fun workplace
Contracts Operations Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2013
Great place to work. Challenging environment where one can maximize strengths and develop weaknesses.
Great work environment
Finance Analyst (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 20, 2013
Great work environment
Global firm
Big company
Nice offices
Strong organisation
Great opportunity to learn, professional environment
Assistant Asset Manager (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NHJuly 12, 2013
Pros: great opportunity to learn, high profile business environment, cheap sponsored lunches
Cons: long hours
As an intern I got a lot of freedom to gain experience in various fields of Real Estate Asset Management. In return for a motivated attitude, I was granted a lot of independence and freedom and was involved in all business instead of being treated as an intern. The colleagues were open and friendly, and they were flexible in letting me choose my hours. – more... It required a lot of commitment, but the rewards (in expererience) were all the sweeter. – less
Investment Bank
MD - Global head of program management / COO (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 10, 2013
Undergoing major re-structuring in Fixed Income leading to 10 000 job losses
Conducive to work
Accountant/ Billing Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2012
Pros: free lunch for 3 days; unlimited free drinks
* Flexi time
* Learned various systems such as FAST Hyperion, GIMII, Global Astra, Essbase, SAP GGL Prod, CMS
* Colleagues are nice and accomodating
* Challenging work... learning about Assets under Management
Decent admin experience
wealth management (Former Employee), londonJuly 27, 2014
Typical day consisted of handling documents and organising them, nothing too tedious.
Energetic & competitive environment
Branch Technical Support (Former Employee), Weehawken NJJuly 23, 2014
Pros: 401k employee match
Cons: outsourcing
Very competitive environment. Fast-paced with great co-workers and constantly learning. Outsourcing & moving divisions to Nashville TN made promotions difficult with constant rotations of mangers.
Enjoyable yet challenging
Associate Director, Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Hong Kong, HKIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: meet and interact with different stakeholders
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see smiling and satisfied clients.
Strong work environment
Executive Director (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJJuly 22, 2014
Management provides support and direction

Compensation can be on the lower end of competitive scale
work/life balance
Sr. Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
provides good work/life balance
learned about what it's like to work for such a large company
Hands on fast paced
Business Manager / Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
No two days were the same. I was fortunate enough to be involved in a groupwide - global project so was able to learn from all areas of the bank globally.
Fast paced, competitive environment with a stellar reputation and opportunities for advancement.
Marketing Manager, AVP (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJJuly 17, 2014
This company was very dynamic and fast passed. Clients were high net worth individuals so attention to detail, hands-on service and unique capabilities were critical for success. I worked with a team of ambitious, dedicated, talented people and learned an immense amount about Marketing and Investment Services in my time at the company.
Productive, Great Work Environment
Intern for V.P. of Wealth Management (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free meals, free networking events
Cons: na
Challenging / Rewarding
Learned= Everything + More
Best Internship I have ever had
It was challenging however it pushed me to excel and constantly grow. Which in return was rewarding.
Successful brokerage firm with room for growth
Business Service Associate, Operations (Former Employee), Melville, NYJuly 15, 2014
UBS was a fantastic company to work for. A typical day began with ensuring all Account Transfers were entered into UBS software system before the 10am deadline. Once completed, I would ensure all new account paperwork was correctly filled out and any and all changes were made to the account. Around mid-day I would receive incoming checks and apply the – more... deposits to the corresponding accounts. Through out the day I would also assist in entering stock tickets and trades as needed. Aside from my own responsibilities I would assist my two close quartered co-workers in whatever they needed.
I really learned a lot in my short time at UBS. It was my first job after graduating college and it was exciting to watch the financial advisors in action and learn the ins and outs of the market first hand. The management at UBS was wonderful, I formed a great relationship with all of them. They quickly saw I was a hardworking, fast learning, respectable "kid"...as they called me at the time. My co-workers were a great bunch, they were all fairly seasoned employees and really took the time to ensure I understood what was expected of me and were very patient in transferring their knowledge onto me.
The hardest part of the job was deadlines. Often times I was presented with a trade, or new account paperwork or a check that needed to get done within minutes of a deadline. Luckily I'm cool under pressure and always got the job done. The most enjoyable part of the day, honestly, was the end of the day. I never left the office stressed that I did not complete something or have a co-worker disappointed in my work. I understood what was expected of me each day and just did it so I could feel good leaving and start the next day fresh. – less
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
I interned at UBS while I was in college. I was exposed to a lot and learn from my time there
Review
Distributed Change Management - Release Management (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJJuly 14, 2014
Pros: life balance
Cons: job security
• Day to day management and administration of the Software Configuration Management & Deployment tools.
• Helping to manage multiple testing streams and ensuring that required code changes are applied to the correct code baselines & Oracle databases.
• Producing baseline comparison reports using comparison tools.
• Supporting code changes and ensuring – more... all required testing sign-off and approvals are received for changes to the Production environment, before deployment is made.
• Keeping accurate records of changes made to both the code and the testing environments.
• Carrying out the standard activities required to ensure that all environments are setup and appropriately controlled.
• Produce and maintain clear, concise documentation for the SEM area and the wider group.
• Helping to train new development staff in the use of the SEM Tools and the processes/procedures to be used
• Work closely with other SEM team members to ensure appropriate cover is provided for the SEM service and that clean handover is made to the team members taking over in the next time zone. – less
Cold-calling and networking is key.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: wholesaler sponsored meals. schedules are flexible. good commissions.
Cons: cold-calling. early morning ny stock market schedules.
Rough times in financial sector calls for a lot of cold-calling and networking. Get to know influential people and work with affluent individuals. Key to success is hard work and perseverance.
Great
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2014
I enjoyed my time working there. Everyone was really nice and a hard worker.

1 2 3 4 5

About UBS

We draw on our 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in – Read more