U-Haul Employee Reviews

No security.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 April 2014
Upper management changes costed the jobs of valuable employees. No consideration for what works in reality. Head office loves to dictate and not experience the everyday torture caused by their negligent demands.
Great part time job
Reservation Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 April 2014
Great experience in traffic control and working phones. You learn to work in a fast paced and demanding work environment. Management is great, and they provide a supportive working environment.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Can be very demanding and stressful
Interesting
Hitch and Wiring Specialist/ Customer (Former Employee) –  Montreal,Qc12 April 2014
I was working with a friend, who I have to say was the best boss I have had in many years. However the sad part of the situation was that we had lost many employees in a short time and we were left with three guy. this meant that I was working about 60 hours a week, while my boss was working over 70. and between the two of us we kept the place running.
when I asked for a raise, my boss understood and was more then happy to do so as he knew how hard I was working. however the upper management felt differently. This would be one of my many reasons for leaving
Pros
Enjoyed the time I was there
Cons
my pour upper management
Excellent work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, On26 February 2014
Uhaul is an excellent place to work with a great team environment.
Avis personnel
Gérant (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC29 November 2013
La Direction nous demande de travailler au moins 50 heures/semaine et être disponible en tout temps. On se fait déranger 24h/24 régulièrement pour répondre aux clients. C'est un service que nous devons assumer en tant que gérant. Pas toujours évident. Souvent, nous devons travailler plus de 50 heures semaines et nous devons toujours compléter le travail des employés car nous avons un très petit budget employés donc, nous devons travailler seul très régulièrement. Nous devons nous surpasser afin d'atteindre et dépasser à chaque mois nos objectifs. C'est le plus gros défit que j'ai eu en carrière et malgré les conditions difficiles, j'ai réussit à faire 8 ans comme gérant là-bas. En moyenne, un gérant U-Haul reste 2 ans. C'est un poste difficile mais il faut être motiver et travailler fort pour réussir.
Pros
Le défit de surpasser l'attente des clients.
Cons
Doit être disponible tout le temps et on doit faire plus de 50h/sem
exciting
Area Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON26 November 2013
everyday is a challenge, , learn to wire trailers, meet new people
Uhaul
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2013
here at U hual we get allot of nice and interacting customers and especially kind customers. the crew i am in are very nice and have been willing to help me gain more experience in serving U haul customers the right and kind way
Truck and Storage Rental
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC18 September 2013
Typical day was renting out trucks and storage units. Also cleaning trucks and equipment as it was returned.
worst job i had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 September 2013
always asking for suggestions to improve work, or profits, but refuse to listen to anything. cant get more then part time unless youre management
A great place to work
Area Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, pe19 July 2013
the people you will meet are amazing and i learned so many great skills and had alot of opportunity to advance.

Want to know more about U-Haul?

Ask a question
Worst company to work for
CSR/propane attendant/Lot person (Former Employee) –  N.Vancouver5 June 2013
If you get a job it's part time seasonal, never full time.
work involves trucks and maintenance of trucks, so you get dirty, and in this country cold and wet, being outside most of the time, as you run up and down the parking lot getting trucks for customers and receiving returning customers, usually at the same time at month end, when everyone is moving and only 2 on staff. and a computer system that gets hung up, causing extra delays.
You are expected to dispense propane, at same wage, starting at minimum wage..,and staying there. also phoning customers to confirm reservations, schedule the reservations, make excuses to customers that you can't help.. way too much for minimum wage .
Being punctual and doing above and beyond the "call of duty" doesn't help your position. all employees are expected to do closing procedures which include taking deposit to bank on your own time.
Management does not tolerate overtime in any case, so your time card gets adjusted to suit budget restraints.

Pros
some nice people
Cons
bad management
Excellent entry level position
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 April 2013
Although I only worked at the Fairway road U-haul for a couple months it was a great learning experience with wonderful staff. I was a service rep at the front desk who was resonsible for scheduling rental's and managing the lot. We received/dispatched vehicles and sold moving supplies. There was also a large self storage facility on site where customers would rent storage units, all in all it was a great environment where managment and staff was generally very supportive. I had a great opportunity to learn and grow within the company as there was a variety of different positions to become involved with. U-haul has a patented online training system called "U-Haul University" where employees where able to take courses to become more skilled and qualified in a number of areas within the company.
Pros
great work environment, solid management, strong growth potential
Cons
low wages, lack of hours.
had a good time with workers.Lots of jokes at work
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario4 April 2013
i enjoyed everyday at work. Management was great to work for.
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 March 2013
cleaning reantale equipment
insteling hiches
good
working out side wintter or summer
driving
Cons
Great workplace, good atmosphere. helpful co-workers.
PM Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC18 February 2013
I enjoy my time at U-Haul, learning new tasks, gaining more knowledge. brake jobs are done daily, also new repairs are frequently learnt. co-workers are independant but also willing to help if needed.
Lack of professinalism due to the management becoming too involved in employee personal life.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2013
The shift starts with money count making sure the amount is accurate as the books needs to balance at end of shift. Arrange the online reservations received for the current business day, make sure that equipment and rental trucks was in stock and ready. The job requirements made employees be very bondable as the tasks/resposibilities constantly changed and so did the learning curve. Great business and customer management skills were obtained as the customers were very diverse and thus needs were met at different levels. Employee bonds as the team worked great together and complemented eachother.
very good company and the customers are fantastic as well as co-workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2013
A typical day at work was usually fairly busy, always had something to do whether it was serving customers, putting stock away, or cleaning, I really enjoyed the co-workers I worked with, we made our day full of fun but always made sure everything got done. The management was not as good (unfortunately) was very rude to the employees and treated them as if they were nothing and didn't know what to do. I don't really think that there was a hard part to this job however it could get very stressful at times.
Pros
awesome co-workers to work with
Cons
bad management
one of the most exciting and challenging jobs
Licensed Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 February 2013
here I spent 4 years in witch time I went from just being a mechanic to relocating and running a shop. I was in charge of all aspects in a garage and over seeing 3 other emploies
fun work place
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  mississauga on3 February 2013
uhaul is a fun and enjoyable company to work with.you'll get to learn alot,stuff u didn't imagine you would do... or be able to do
Pros
experience
Cons
long hours but it's worth it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 December 2012
a typical day at work manting tracks
what i learned is how to drive 26 foot track will and installing hitches in personal car
your co-workers good working has a team
the hardest part of the job working out side rein or snow
the most enjoyable part of the job is driving the tracks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval