U-Haul

U-Haul Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Somewhat of a fun job but most of the time it was very slow with not much to do
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Kokomo, INMay 23, 2014
the job was up and down some days it was very slow like monday thru thursday which were very boring days but during the weekend when it was busy i really enjoyed helping customers. i learned alot about installing hitches/wiring i also learned how to recieve and dispatch truck. management there was not very good and i dont have much to say about that. – more... the hardest part of th job was dealing with upset costmers and i would have to say the installing hitches and going to other locations to pick up trucks was the most enjoyable part – less
Nice place to work if you are a student
Brake and Tire Inspector (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMay 18, 2014
Pros: near my school
Cons: mangement was not so good
Nice place to work if you are a student and needed a little income to pay bills and get a discount on renting their vehicle's.
Great Place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 16, 2014
Manager is great
There's always something to do.
Not much of a dull job.
Nothng
General Moving Center Manager Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 15, 2014
It's all great, Indeed not sure about your sight, don't include any personal info, really,
Nice place to work but it's a job not a career.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAMay 12, 2014
Pros: great manager and coworkers, clean workplace, fun environment.
Cons: poor pay without increases, highly stressful fast pace at times, under staffed at times.
The job filled the need for some extra income. I have been there, part time, over a year and would love to advance or at least get a raise but it does not happen. Only chance to advance or go full time is to take asst. manager at a rate no one can live on. I have been in charge of closing the store while the store was without an assistant manager and – more... still no raise. I would have thought that would have warranted at least a 50 cent increase. Maybe a little bonus once in a while.

U-Haul does provide a "PCP" bonus to the Management that can be distributed to the employees. How about a little bit when an employee is taking on responsibilities?

It was a good source of extra income and I am still there so it can't be that bad. Money isn't everything but it would help to show your employees they are needed.

Most bad reviews on the site were caused by being understaffed or under trained employees. Maybe paying more to slow the turnover rate could help this. – less
Had a great time working there
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Norfolk VaMay 10, 2014
Pros: great people to work with, management was outstanding.
My supervisor was great, she made sure everyone knew what needed to be done and was there if you had any questions. Could not have asked for a better manager and assistant manager while working there. You were treated like family at that location. I still stop in to say hello 2 years later.
Horrible place to work
Csr (Former Employee), Springfield ilMay 8, 2014
Cons: very poor management, very low wages, anti- union
Very little training and thrown out there to learn on your own, terrible management and anti-union, it's a job not a career so Uhaul needs to wake up, you pay minimum wage and you get minimum work, can't expect a csr to install a hitch for minimum wage.
Started out great
Customer Service, Cash Handling, Daily Deposit (Former Employee), Apopka, FLMay 6, 2014
They replaced the GM I stated out with with someone who I personally believe wasn't ready for her own location. I loved the job at first.
Productive and positive interaction with personnel and customers
General Manager (Current Employee), South Lake Tahoe, CAApril 26, 2014
I am responsible for the day to day management of the center, personnel and equipment rental. Through Interaction with the customers I was able to assist them with their moving needs, thus alleviated a lot of the stress involved with moving.
Fast paced hard working environment
Manager (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 24, 2014
This businees really assists you in developing or growing your understanding and patience with customers. Being one of the Most stressful things to do-MOVING, They do all they can to make the transition one of organization,calmness,patience, and focus in accomplishing the MOVE.
Excellent place to grow as a professional
Storage Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 20, 2014
U-Haul is a great company. It's diverse, dynamic, fun, fast paced and most importantly is a company where as long as you have the drive you can grow as a professional fairly quickly. This is not to say the work is easy. It can be challenging because if working with people is challenging working with people who are moving is a whole lot more. It's a – more... matter of understanding people's needs and doing your best to help alleviate an already stressful situation. – less
diverse and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2014
calm and non competitive workplace diverse and they promote within I enjoyed the space nice people
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Service Technician (Former Employee), SAN BERNADINO CAApril 16, 2014
PROVIDING A DAILY SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMERS TO RENT U HAULS TRUCK RENTALS
Poor Senior management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Panama City, FLApril 16, 2014
Worked over 60 hours a week and was passed over for promotion because I was working and going to school.
Fun work environment
Facility Housekeeper (Former Employee), Dothan, ALApril 15, 2014
Manager and Assistant Manager was great to work with. Enjoyed cleaning my units after a client move their belongings out of their storage unit....
Great Company with great benefits for family and advancements
Storage Center Manager (Former Employee), Buford, GAApril 14, 2014
Enjoyed working for this company, no complaints. Always opportunity to advance and great benefits for the family.
higher pay
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAApril 14, 2014
the job is a nice job. I have no complaints about this job at all. I currently need higher pay im at currently homeless and i need higher pay to get my own place and still afford my bills.
Not Family friendly job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Brunswick, MEApril 13, 2014
Pros: nice work environment.
Cons: schedule, and pay
A typical day at U-Haul, for me usually consists of long hours that are not well occupied. I leave home early, and don't get back home till late. I would like a job that I would be able to have a regular family life and regular schedule, (my schedule at U-haul changes constantly). Also not much room for advancement with good pay compensation.
Excellent working experience.
Rebuild Specialist / Mobile Repair (Former Employee), El Paso, TexasApril 12, 2014
Mobil repair specialist gave me an opportunity to interact with customers while performing my duties.
Fun place to work.
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 4, 2014
Typical day at work.
Not very good management.
Friendly co-workers.
It was a pretty easy job.
The most enjoyable part about the job was speaking with the costumers and helping them out.

About U-Haul

U-Haul International, Inc. is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since – Read more