U-Haul Employee Reviews in Canada

amazing company
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  torontoDecember 2, 2012
my typical day at Uhaul consisted of assisting customers, answer phones, placing orders, inspect trucks, organizing\stocking merchandise, keeping a cleaning and workable environment. My manager was a great supervisor, she was caring and very clear\direct on what she expected of her employee's. hardest part of my job was completing bookings with customers due to the slow computers and impatient customers.Most enjoyable part was working along side my coworkers, we worked well together and helped eachother making it a fun and easy work environment.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
distance
Hitch Installer
Hitch Installer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2012
To Whom it May Concern,
At UHaul I was employed as a hitch installer.
I assisted customers with hitch appllications and setting up appointments invoiceing finished work.
I was also required to up sell,rent equipment ,hook up trailors.and deal with check ins.Custome complaints
Pros
self supervised, dealing with auto instalations
Cons
poor management in calagery alberta
It was a job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
A lot of the management were shady, negligent, or perpetually rude to their customer support staff... unless they were pretty and had a good figure. Management is mostly male. Females get no advancement at all. Half the people that do advance wind up demoting themselves because there's too much pressure or those higher up than that have some fantastical idea of how much one person can do in a day. Customers are abusive to the staff. The job, itself, has a negative stigma which makes the job far more difficult.
Great place to work for,
Traffic Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 23, 2012
I would go into work. gather up what I needed that day then meet with the Marketing Company President and I would go over reports and discuss what needed to be done. I was part of Management, but the other Managers were great to work with. The employess that I had working for me in my department, were great group of people. I had no problems. The hardest part of the job would, is waiting on the shop to get the trucks out of the shop. The most enjoyable would be, at the end of every month, everyone would get together for lunch that was provided by yhe company.
loved working with the public
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Quebec, CanadaSeptember 11, 2012
i worked as a customer service representitive, i answered phone calls to enter reservations on the computer also delt with face to face reservations, its not very busy but the customers that come in are very nice and patient, the only problem i had with the job was my availabilities were not being respected and that its not busy enough.
Fun environment with fast paced work load
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2012
A typical day starts with checking in trucks and trailers, and checking for damage and logging information. Parking trucks and organizing yard.
After moving so many trucks every day in a small enclosed parking lot I found my driving skills improved a lot.
Everyone was very easy going and fun to work with.
Meeting and helping customers durring stressful times (ie. moving day) was very rewarding.
Pros
friendly staff, easy going enviroment
Cons
lack of recognition, management not open to recommendations
Long hours and unexpected overtime due to staff shortages often
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 10, 2012
Great to help customers in time of need to move, lack of regular mechanic made this location difficult to maintain proper service level. Super co-workers, lack of management was difficult, as no one was there with experience to train new staff. Huge staff turn over, at this time. Poor corporate management at this location. Most enjoyable part of job was helping people solve storage and moving problems in seconds.
Pros
super support staff, we all worked as a family to help other families in need.
Cons
no corporate training or help even when computers crashed.
Very, very busy with little Privacy
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJuly 14, 2012
Very difficult to find any balance when you live on site with large busy facility. Management does not provide a large enough budget for part-time employees. Hard to keep employees for minimum wage as the job is very physical and demanding. The work itself was enjoyable and it was cool to meet so many people from so many places. Great learning experience.
Pros
free rent
Cons
long hours, no privacy, company unwilling to compensate fairly
great shop,modern equipment
Mobile Repair Specialist, Area Field Manager, (Former Employee) –  dartmouth nova scotiaJuly 8, 2012
busy but enjoyable work days, always learned something new each day,management was good,coworkers were great, really wasnt any thing hard about the job,and I enjoyed every moment I worked there
Pros
great shop, great coworkers
Cons
no cons
very productive
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  scarborough-ontarioFebruary 21, 2012
this company provides reliable services to the community.their customer service is excellent and all employees are well trained to assist customers.
Cons
short breaks
Dynamique et complexe
Représentant au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  st leonardApril 23, 2016
Travail régulier et gestion d'horaire.
Gestion des stocks
Appel de collection pour les entreposages
Réparation de camions
Entretient de terrain
Service à la clientèle
Gestion de crises
Courtoisie
Gestion du centre d'entreposage.
entreprise correct
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCDecember 21, 2015
beaucoup de travail agreable, mais management peu reconnaissant, on apprend beaucoup sur divers sujet
Avis personnel
Gérant (Former Employee) –  Québec, QCNovember 29, 2013
La Direction nous demande de travailler au moins 50 heures/semaine et être disponible en tout temps. On se fait déranger 24h/24 régulièrement pour répondre aux clients. C'est un service que nous devons assumer en tant que gérant. Pas toujours évident. Souvent, nous devons travailler plus de 50 heures semaines et nous devons toujours compléter le travail des employés car nous avons un très petit budget employés donc, nous devons travailler seul très régulièrement. Nous devons nous surpasser afin d'atteindre et dépasser à chaque mois nos objectifs. C'est le plus gros défit que j'ai eu en carrière et malgré les conditions difficiles, j'ai réussit à faire 8 ans comme gérant là-bas. En moyenne, un gérant U-Haul reste 2 ans. C'est un poste difficile mais il faut être motiver et travailler fort pour réussir.
Pros
le défit de surpasser l'attente des clients.
Cons
doit être disponible tout le temps et on doit faire plus de 50h/sem