U-Haul

U-Haul Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace
General Manager (Former Employee), Gardena, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: monthly meetings
Cons: short breaks
great company to work for. very fast paced environment. Learned how to work in a team with awesome co-workers. The hardest part of my job was to satisfy every customer. the most enjoyable was seeing a satisfied customer walking out the door.
Productive company enjoy helping others
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 3, 2014
Pros: bouses
Cons: not enough money
Since I been with the company, I had the experience of how to run a company, I enjoy helping the customer at the most stressful time, (moving). I work with a team here at U haul, sometime it get to be a challange. but we make it through. i do not like the end of the months due to we do not have enough equipment to services everyone in Houston.
Depends on Location
CSR (Former Employee), Spring, TXAugust 3, 2014
Pros: will work your schedule around personal life, school, primary job
Cons: sub par tools, no breaks, no accountability, disengaged management
Your experience will depend in which location you choose to work at. I see that this company has many high reviews. So at this point I can only base my review off of my personal experience at the Spring, TX location. This has got to be the most unorganized, undertrained, non compliant organization I have ever worked for. They expect you to work 10-24 – more... hours in the hot sun with no break due to understaffing. This particular store expects their inside help to do the same. Management is extremely disengaged and the supplies needed to do the job are sub par. – less
na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), spanaway waAugust 2, 2014
working at this company was not the best/ the way they run the business wasnt a good work envirnment/ could only work part time/
Great place to work, management is friendly and work with you.The customers are friendly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Prince George, VAAugust 1, 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day at U-Haul. Everyday at
U-Haul is different. my co- workers are fun to be around. The Hardest part of the job is telling people we don't have any truck for rent.
Beware
Storage customer service rep (Former Employee), New Smyrna Beach, FLJuly 31, 2014
Cons: rude and unprofessional
I was a dealer and then after I closed my business I was hired on. At first I like the job, but after the manager sniffed my shoulder which is considered crossing a line. I saw the true colors of management. They are rude, inconsiderate, unprofessional and pretty much jerks. Very in sensitive to my needs. Fired me after they found out I had put in a – more... transfer. I would never recommend this company to any one not even to my enemy. Management was always complaining and didn't want to work. – less
Clients are difficult
Customer Service (Former Employee), brooklynJuly 30, 2014
Pros: helping others
Its important to keep a happy attitude, usually people who rent out truck are in a hurry or are dealing with a lot .

So problems while renting out a truck is the last thing they need.
Administrative Assistant / Jr. Accountant (Former Employee), phoenix, azJuly 23, 2014
After putting 18 years of hard working, I really don't have much to say about this company after manager eliminating my position out of spite. I really did enjoy working there and I love working with all my co-workers. Hardest part of job was at year end dealing with all confirms and keeping track of all accounts for year end audit.
Not the best company to work for
OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee), Placentia, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: stedy work schedule
Cons: manager doesnt care about his employees.
I was hit by a large U-Haul truck and thrown into the open door of another U-Haul pick up truck here. The managers hired someone that didn't even have a license. So after I was hit with the truck, they put me in the office, and they cut my hours way back because I was getting everything done so fast. I surly didn't think it was fair that I was losing – more... out on hours because I was working efficiently as well as my being struck with a moving truck and slammed into the open door of another. – less
work from home customer service
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2014
This company started out great and i was going to be starting to school that fall and i asked if they were able to work with my school schedule i was assured that they could and would. After 2 years on the job they no longer wanted to work with my school schedule and made a strong suggestion that i needed to decide if i wanted a job or wanted to finish – more... my degree and that was not a hard decision. – less
Good Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Missoula, MTJuly 10, 2014
Good work environment but not much room for advancement.
Low Pay
Uhaul
Home Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), TNJuly 10, 2014
Answering phones for customer complaints about rentals.
Answering questions about equipment, services.
Love the job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAJuly 10, 2014
You learn how to do alot of stuff. Great company to work for. Lots of chances for advancement.
Program Manager for HR/Benefits department
Program Manager (Former Employee), phoenixJuly 9, 2014
Pros: cafe inside
Cons: n
Maintained account information on a weekly basis for HR Coordinator, Had a 12 team crew. Spreadsheets on a daily basis, bank transactions, answered incoming calls in regards to Benefits for US and Canada. Collected checks and input for termination/COBRA participants, Very high customer service, data entry, accuracy, and patients.
Felt isolated, under-compensated and bored.
IT Contracting Business Development (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: i liked the web team manager
Cons: money, location, isolation and boredom, out of touch with business areas, old building, bad parking, bad traffic
I gave U-Haul a try looking to get out of contracting. I moved from Las Vegas to Phoenix but got no relocation help from them. No vacation your first year. No healthcare until 3 months later.

I felt isolated from the business areas that I was building applications for. I found that highly unusual. The DBA's get really old Oracle databases that were – more... so old the development tools wouldn't work with them. I get going building the applications but never felt really right about the whole thing.

Since this was a trial I took a share near the office. The traffic back and forth to the location was terrible. Only a couple of streets allowed crosstown traffic and it was always backed up with a number of accidents. Just turning out of my block was dangerous with drivers going 50+ in a 30 MPH residential neighborhood.

I finally decided it was not worth it. – less
A great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kenner, LAJuly 8, 2014
This is a great job. I was a part time employee needing to find a company that would work with my school schedule and they did it. Plus, they treated me with so much respect and consideration. I would recommend them to anyone.
Depends on your MCP
General Manager (Former Employee), TexasJuly 8, 2014
Cons: 70 hours a week easily
This is a great job with low pay and many hours. However, if the leadership is good it can make a difference.
ok if just need to get by
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 4, 2014
Pros: not much
Cons: pay pay pay. upper level management
This is a job that everyone is micro managed. The compensation is low and they do that so you have no freedom to do anything but work. They will not let a manager manage there location. Equipment has been improved.
Fast paced, productive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYJuly 3, 2014
Pros: lots of diversity in work environment, excellent training, lots of job opportunities, periodic pay raises.
Cons: end and beginning of the month is incredibly fast paced, not many benefits.
I've worked at U-Haul for 3 years. In working with this company,I've been able to do a little bit of everything. I am primarily a customer service representative, which says little of what a CSR actually does at this company. Driving trucks of all sizes from vans to 26' trucks, maneuvering trailers, assuring the daily maintenance of rental equipment – more... (trucks, trailers and dollies), helping customers, answering calls, filing paperwork, completing rentals and managing an office is what one can expect at U-Haul. It is a great job for anyone who enjoys working directly with customers, and developing communication skills, leadership skills, as well as driving skills! I greatly enjoyed working at this company and believe that in working here, I have developed the necessary skills needed to move on in any company. – less
Uhaul
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Snellvile, GeorgiaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: meeting new customers was a great, had the chance to experience and learn how to be a manger, it helped improve my customer services skills.
Cons: it was a high stress job but nothing that i could not deal with.
My work load consist of the checking in and out of the equipment; making reservations for customers; daily upkeep of store including restocking when shipment came in; making call back for customers to confirm reservation also to gain customers for storage and truck rentals for future endeavors. When my manager requested me to get something done and – more... left me in charge I had no problem executing what was asked of me. The best part of my job was getting to work with my coworkers. The atmosphere was great between our staff which afforded us the opportunity to actually get things done with team work. – less

About U-Haul

U-Haul International, Inc. is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since – Read more