U-Haul

U-Haul Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Uhaul
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2013
here at U hual we get allot of nice and interacting customers and especially kind customers. the crew i am in are very nice and have been willing to help me gain more experience in serving U haul customers the right and kind way
Truck and Storage Rental
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCSeptember 18, 2013
Typical day was renting out trucks and storage units. Also cleaning trucks and equipment as it was returned.
worst job i had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONSeptember 9, 2013
always asking for suggestions to improve work, or profits, but refuse to listen to anything. cant get more then part time unless youre management
A great place to work
Area Field Manager (Former Employee), Charlottetown, peJuly 19, 2013
the people you will meet are amazing and i learned so many great skills and had alot of opportunity to advance.
Worst company to work for
CSR/propane attendant/Lot person (Former Employee), N.VancouverJune 5, 2013
Pros: some nice people
Cons: bad management
If you get a job it's part time seasonal, never full time.
work involves trucks and maintenance of trucks, so you get dirty, and in this country cold and wet, being outside most of the time, as you run up and down the parking lot getting trucks for customers and receiving returning customers, usually at the same time at month end, when everyone is moving and only 2 on staff. and a computer system that gets hung up, causing extra delays.
You are expected to dispense propane, at same wage, starting at minimum wage..,and staying there. also phoning customers to confirm reservations, schedule the reservations, make excuses to customers that you can't help.. way too much for minimum wage .
Being punctual and doing above and beyond the "call of duty" doesn't help your position. all employees are expected to do closing procedures which include taking deposit to bank on your own time.
Management does not tolerate overtime in any case, so your time card gets adjusted to suit budget restraints.
had a good time with workers.Lots of jokes at work
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Hamilton OntarioApril 4, 2013
i enjoyed everyday at work. Management was great to work for.
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 4, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: no
cleaning reantale equipment
insteling hiches
good
working out side wintter or summer
driving
Great workplace, good atmosphere. helpful co-workers.
PM Technician (Current Employee), Port Moody, BCFebruary 18, 2013
I enjoy my time at U-Haul, learning new tasks, gaining more knowledge. brake jobs are done daily, also new repairs are frequently learnt. co-workers are independant but also willing to help if needed.
very good company and the customers are fantastic as well as co-workers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: awesome co-workers to work with
Cons: bad management
A typical day at work was usually fairly busy, always had something to do whether it was serving customers, putting stock away, or cleaning, I really enjoyed the co-workers I worked with, we made our day full of fun but always made sure everything got done. The management was not as good (unfortunately) was very rude to the employees and treated them as if they were nothing and didn't know what to do. I don't really think that there was a hard part to this job however it could get very stressful at times.
one of the most exciting and challenging jobs
Licensed Mechanic (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 9, 2013
here I spent 4 years in witch time I went from just being a mechanic to relocating and running a shop. I was in charge of all aspects in a garage and over seeing 3 other emploies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 19, 2012
Pros: no
Cons: no
a typical day at work manting tracks
what i learned is how to drive 26 foot track will and installing hitches in personal car
your co-workers good working has a team
the hardest part of the job working out side rein or snow
the most enjoyable part of the job is driving the tracks
amazing company
Part time worker (Former Employee), torontoDecember 2, 2012
Pros: coworkers
Cons: distance
my typical day at Uhaul consisted of assisting customers, answer phones, placing orders, inspect trucks, organizing\stocking merchandise, keeping a cleaning and workable environment. My manager was a great supervisor, she was caring and very clear\direct on what she expected of her employee's. hardest part of my job was completing bookings with customers due to the slow computers and impatient customers.Most enjoyable part was working along side my coworkers, we worked well together and helped eachother making it a fun and easy work environment.
It was a job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
A lot of the management were shady, negligent, or perpetually rude to their customer support staff... unless they were pretty and had a good figure. Management is mostly male. Females get no advancement at all. Half the people that do advance wind up demoting themselves because there's too much pressure or those higher up than that have some fantastical idea of how much one person can do in a day. Customers are abusive to the staff. The job, itself, has a negative stigma which makes the job far more difficult.
Fun environment with fast paced work load
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2012
Pros: friendly staff, easy going enviroment
Cons: lack of recognition, management not open to recommendations
A typical day starts with checking in trucks and trailers, and checking for damage and logging information. Parking trucks and organizing yard.
After moving so many trucks every day in a small enclosed parking lot I found my driving skills improved a lot.
Everyone was very easy going and fun to work with.
Meeting and helping customers durring stressful times (ie. moving day) was very rewarding.

About U-Haul

U-Haul International, Inc. is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since – Read more