U-Haul

U-Haul Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun environment with fast paced work load
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2012
Pros: friendly staff, easy going enviroment
Cons: lack of recognition, management not open to recommendations
A typical day starts with checking in trucks and trailers, and checking for damage and logging information. Parking trucks and organizing yard.
After moving so many trucks every day in a small enclosed parking lot I found my driving skills improved a lot.
Everyone was very easy going and fun to work with.
Meeting and helping customers durring stressful – more... times (ie. moving day) was very rewarding. – less
Great company, with friendly inviting atmosphere.
Reservation Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2014
Typical work day is never typical when dealing with Customer Service. Which means there is never a dull moment. I love it.
Great place to meet many people from all over the USA
Customer Service representative (Current Employee), Capitol Heights, MDSeptember 23, 2014
Typical day come in trun off alarm run report for the day count money draws clean up a little by put some things back in place and clean off service counter to prepare the store to receive customers, I learned you haul is a very fair place to work, their were several General Manager during my 11 months but the one thing that stayed constant ,Assistant – more... Manager she is very knowledgeable in U-Haul's way and she taught me a lot co-worker became more like family there wasn't anything hard about the job but what could be challenging was the sometimes unpleasant customers but I understand that moving under any kind of circumstances is very stressful. What I enjoyed most was being able to put a smile on their face before they left when they may have
come in mad or upset. – less
Top Company in its' field
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Asheville, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: tops in their field
Cons: work inside and outside in all types of weather/conditions
Continuing on-line education program referencing all aspects of the company, safety practices and over all customer service.

Multi-faceted position involving selling, scheduling and physical maintenance.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Somerville, MASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: discount on rentals etc, learn about customer service, improve problem solving abilities.
Cons: short breaks, impatient customers, when computers crash.
Working for Uhaul is a great way to improve your problem solving, and your time management abilities. It's a great Spring and Summer time job because you'll be able to enjoy the weather. It gets pretty tough during the Winter time because it's tough to work outside during inclement weather.
Customer Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free rentals discounts, long luch breaks
Cons: bad pay rate, long hours, short hours
A typical day at U-Haul was answering phone calls, while interacting with customer face to face for truck rental. Cash and credit card transactions and dealing with rude customers. I've leaned that working in that area you have to be able to keep up the passé because rentals for u- hauls were in demand. The co-workers came to work did there job and – more... left. Were nice and got along with everyone. Never had a issue. The hardest part was being watch all the time it made me uncomfortable to work in the store. The most enjoyable time was interacting with the customers. – less
Challenging workplace, fast paced.
General Manager (Former Employee), mobile alSeptember 19, 2014
As General Manager a typical day started early, getting there before the hassle to make sure everything was completed before opening rush. Checking all trucks in, cleaning them, setting up showroom, hitch bay, and Receive/Dispatch cart.

I've learned a lot through U-Haul, from lighting and wiring diagnosis to understanding, reaching, and exceeding profit – more... and loss goals. I increased occupancy and reduced delinquency considerably at three different facilities finally taking over my own facility and maintaining net profit, occupancy goal of over 90% (for over a year consistently) and keeping under the delinquency goal of 10% (achieving below 2% many months)

After taking over my facility I was usually given most new hires from all nearby stores to be trained and returned to their manager, I also handle the hiring and terminations for my staff, taking care of problem employees and making some of the strongest crews in the area.

I enjoyed taking care of business, seeing the difference I made. – less
Functional Operation with a positive environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Great team and supportive management. Flexible Hours and Benefits for a PT worker.
Hard work but company compensates well
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: decent compensation, meet many different types of people
Cons: irate customers due to nature of industry, exposure to weather, potentially early hours
Uhaul has great opportunities for advancement and fair compensation. The hours can be early, and the work potentially taxing, prompt service is expected and cleanliness.
Hate this job.
Uhaul Dealer, employee (Current Employee), Blairsville, GASeptember 15, 2014
Cons: working in the rain, lifting heavy equipment by yourself, everything
Uhaul is a joke company to work for. I don't even get paid for working for them.
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kent, OHSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
Typical day at U-Haul is very fast paced. Lots of diversity in customers. Learn something new every day.
not that fun of a place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 6, 2014
the guys there are rudeand sloppy. they dont like to listen to managment but did have fexable hours.
Informative and Interesting
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 3, 2014
Gain a firm understanding of sales, stocking, inventory, multi-line phone, people skills, and maintanice.
Great group of people to work with
General Manager (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: 6 day work week no home life.
Good job way to many hours job/life balance is not there. Co-workers are the best. Best part is I love the fact there is a new things happening daily. The customer are the most enjoyable part of my .
Fast Pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2014
I would set up future rental reservations and get customers the proper truck size and equipment to accommodate their needs.
Very Productive fun and familylike workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tupelo, MSAugust 30, 2014
Pros: flexability in work hours
Cons: sometimes not enough employees on schedule for the amout of work need to be done in a days work.
Working with Uhaul has been a great experience... Great management and enviroment... The company over great benefits to employees and is always willing to work with employess on scheduled... I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a great job and company that is like family.
best traffic department in FL
Reservation Manager -Maritza Blanco (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 29, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
great people, great supervisor, GREAT place to be, not only a job but also a FAMILY.
productive and fun workplace
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDAugust 27, 2014
Learned repair different trucks work and typical work every day.
Good Job
Account Manager (Former Employee), phx.AZAugust 21, 2014
It was a good job, the management was great. I enjoyed working there
Exciting meeting new people and business relations
Customer Service/Driving Assistant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 21, 2014
Pros: flexible shifts, holidays off
The experience working with Boone Container Inc./U-Haul has been a great learning tool. I've learned to work multiple office programs gaining knowledge in dispatching trucks for roll-off containers and sending trucks to the great lower 48 states. The management has been very understanding and patient with teaching me the ropes and my co-workers have – more... been a pleasure to work with as well. The most difficult part of the position is when the time of the year comes where majority of people move and the lines get longer and longer. All in all it gives me great pleasure to know that my position has helped families in a time of need. – less

About U-Haul

U-Haul International, Inc. is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since – Read more