U-Haul

U-Haul Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun environment with fast paced work load
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2012
Pros: friendly staff, easy going enviroment
Cons: lack of recognition, management not open to recommendations
A typical day starts with checking in trucks and trailers, and checking for damage and logging information. Parking trucks and organizing yard.
After moving so many trucks every day in a small enclosed parking lot I found my driving skills improved a lot.
Everyone was very easy going and fun to work with.
Meeting and helping customers durring stressful – more... times (ie. moving day) was very rewarding. – less
Nice place to work.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 18, 2014
No Weekends! Best benefits package of anyplace I've worked. Great co-workers, spotty management.
Productive Work place
Customer Service Representative Lead (Former Employee), Flushing, N.YOctober 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay
Love working here. Manager take time to train. Family workplace.
Good place to work for a part time job
Shop Technician (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great benifits even for part time people
Cons: not good hourly pay
Nice place to work for a part time job. Unfortunatly not enough money to stay if it is your primary job.
From home sales
Sales/CSR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 11, 2014
Pros: at home, commission on top of hourly
Cons: high sale expectations
* I worked from home and it was a great fit for me, they are a great company and as long as you do your job you will make sales and the best part is you can work from your home and you still have all the support from the main office for any questions or concerns.
good clean shop
Production Manager (Former Employee), Fairless Hills Pa.October 10, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: long drive
Over see all production in Fabrication and weld
how to handle employees
No commit
great people
Keeping up with the schedule
the whole day
Not a bad environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Longview, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: not enough hours
It's a good place to start of working. Decent pay for those starting to get jobs. Hard work, but great co-worker. Glad I could work there.
U-haul
Housekeeper/Maintenance (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 5, 2014
Pros: health care benefits
Cons: the enviroment.
This employer was ok, my managers are good people. Although I am part-time I still recieved health benefits.
Someone is always moving...
Area Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 5, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company... I was able to achieve and work myself up the ladder. Good job security, benefits great folks to work with...
Good college job but very little room to move up
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 30, 2014
Pros: downtime in the winter
Cons: no set breaks/break room, customers lash out from bad experience on innocent employees
As a CSR for U-Haul you have to be competent to use a computer and internet browsers. You'll be in and out of the store all day long doing various things. The business slows down a lot when the cold weather comes in and picks up in the warmer months. Likely to get a lot of hours if you are willing to work weekends but don't expect a lot. Coworkers range – more... all over the board but it's easily just a job for younger people as it can be very physically demanding at times. The hardest part about the job is easily just the hot summers and cold winters and having to be outside for a lot. Most enjoyable part can be the fact that there is a lot of downtime in the winter so you can read a book sometimes. – less
Great company, with friendly inviting atmosphere.
Reservation Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2014
Typical work day is never typical when dealing with Customer Service. Which means there is never a dull moment. I love it.
Great place to meet many people from all over the USA
Customer Service representative (Current Employee), Capitol Heights, MDSeptember 23, 2014
Typical day come in trun off alarm run report for the day count money draws clean up a little by put some things back in place and clean off service counter to prepare the store to receive customers, I learned you haul is a very fair place to work, their were several General Manager during my 11 months but the one thing that stayed constant ,Assistant – more... Manager she is very knowledgeable in U-Haul's way and she taught me a lot co-worker became more like family there wasn't anything hard about the job but what could be challenging was the sometimes unpleasant customers but I understand that moving under any kind of circumstances is very stressful. What I enjoyed most was being able to put a smile on their face before they left when they may have
come in mad or upset. – less
Top Company in its' field
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Asheville, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: tops in their field
Cons: work inside and outside in all types of weather/conditions
Continuing on-line education program referencing all aspects of the company, safety practices and over all customer service.

Multi-faceted position involving selling, scheduling and physical maintenance.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Somerville, MASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: discount on rentals etc, learn about customer service, improve problem solving abilities.
Cons: short breaks, impatient customers, when computers crash.
Working for Uhaul is a great way to improve your problem solving, and your time management abilities. It's a great Spring and Summer time job because you'll be able to enjoy the weather. It gets pretty tough during the Winter time because it's tough to work outside during inclement weather.
Customer Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free rentals discounts, long luch breaks
Cons: bad pay rate, long hours, short hours
A typical day at U-Haul was answering phone calls, while interacting with customer face to face for truck rental. Cash and credit card transactions and dealing with rude customers. I've leaned that working in that area you have to be able to keep up the passé because rentals for u- hauls were in demand. The co-workers came to work did there job and – more... left. Were nice and got along with everyone. Never had a issue. The hardest part was being watch all the time it made me uncomfortable to work in the store. The most enjoyable time was interacting with the customers. – less
Challenging workplace, fast paced.
General Manager (Former Employee), mobile alSeptember 19, 2014
As General Manager a typical day started early, getting there before the hassle to make sure everything was completed before opening rush. Checking all trucks in, cleaning them, setting up showroom, hitch bay, and Receive/Dispatch cart.

I've learned a lot through U-Haul, from lighting and wiring diagnosis to understanding, reaching, and exceeding profit – more... and loss goals. I increased occupancy and reduced delinquency considerably at three different facilities finally taking over my own facility and maintaining net profit, occupancy goal of over 90% (for over a year consistently) and keeping under the delinquency goal of 10% (achieving below 2% many months)

After taking over my facility I was usually given most new hires from all nearby stores to be trained and returned to their manager, I also handle the hiring and terminations for my staff, taking care of problem employees and making some of the strongest crews in the area.

I enjoyed taking care of business, seeing the difference I made. – less
Functional Operation with a positive environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Great team and supportive management. Flexible Hours and Benefits for a PT worker.
Hard work but company compensates well
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: decent compensation, meet many different types of people
Cons: irate customers due to nature of industry, exposure to weather, potentially early hours
Uhaul has great opportunities for advancement and fair compensation. The hours can be early, and the work potentially taxing, prompt service is expected and cleanliness.
Hate this job.
Uhaul Dealer, employee (Current Employee), Blairsville, GASeptember 15, 2014
Cons: working in the rain, lifting heavy equipment by yourself, everything
Uhaul is a joke company to work for. I don't even get paid for working for them.
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kent, OHSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
Typical day at U-Haul is very fast paced. Lots of diversity in customers. Learn something new every day.

About U-Haul

U-Haul International, Inc. is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since – Read more