U-Haul Employee Reviews

laid back most days
Storage Facility Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2017
co-workers can be annoying, the manager is good, most days are pretty slack and laid back but they like switch up your schedule last minute and not tell you about it, if you like mopping taking this job
Pros
can be pretty chill most days
Cons
they don't like giving raises and you'll never move forward
staff is amazing to work with
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 March 2017
Great benefits, co-workers are fun and great to work with. They also work around your family life. however you have to continuously fight for advancement and raises.
Pros
works with family life
Cons
no advancement and no raises
Increasingly challenging in a good way always learning
Automotive Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 February 2017
A typical day at work involves inspecting a vehicle for any problems, finding future problem, and repairing said problems.

Every day i would learn something new with the help of seasoned
technicians at my disposal.

The management there was diligent on having vehicles in and out with out compromising on safety in any way.

The hardest part of the job was learning something new and having it done in a timely matter which pushed me to learn quick and push out quality work.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people there.
Demanding and time consuming
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2016
Very demanding and time consuming job. Perfect for stufents and people looking for part time employement. Good advancement opportunities and benefits if you are full time employee.
A Bad Manager made for an unpleasant work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
The job may have been a good retail/service atmosphere to be in if only the manager had not been a bad influence. Once this became apparent, working at U-Haul was no longer a comfortable environment to be in daily.

Management was changed sometime after I parted ways with the company and I heard from staff that the atmosphere improved greatly.
fast paced environment with stressed out customers. learned a lot in providing excellent customer service.
Customer Service Rep/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 January 2017
dealt with a lot of complains because trucks are old and some don't work that great. Often problem solving in order to keep customers happy and coming back to us.
Cons
management was not great
Porductive and fun place to work for
Reservation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 August 2016
Great place to work for, filled with great people to work with. Uhual is very organized and clean. They have the best benefits as well as management is very prodcutive.
Great job, cons starting to outweigh pros
Area Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia26 July 2016
When I first started I felt empowered to go out and do my best in the work environment set before me. In the couple recent months, there have been some changes that make me feel more so forced to do my job rather than encouraged to do it. With this, I don't agree with the structure of how it should be done and I feel is unwarranted stress, which is the reason I feel I need to move on and find something else. The problems are mainly stemming with management.
Pros
Travelling, every day is a new task, freedom
Cons
All expenses to be paid upfront (which take over a week to receive back), conflicting management, wrongful call forwarding having to deal with problems outside of my jurisdiction
fun place
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 January 2017
you typical customer service job stocking inventory and making reservations all schedules are done online so you can check it when ever and you get some pretty good benefits
Calm and productive area
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I was working closely with the executive assistant and I enjoyed working with her. I took care of the accounting of the company. Then the rest of day, worked on payroll, and anything else that needed to be done in an everyday office, such as mailing. I left because my description was changed from accounting clerk to customer complaint representative. I wouldn't not have accepted the position if I was asked.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Only the reason I left
productive family oriented place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 August 2016
this place is a very fun productive place to work and really enjoy working here. I deal with the customers solve problems, management is incredible and very flexible with the hours that are given. the hardest part is when customers give a reason why they want a discount and it breaks my heart because I am not authorized to allow that. I enjoy working with the group of people I work with on a daily basis and would recommend this job to all of my friends who are looking.
fun workplace with peak hours becoming intense
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 May 2016
Part of this job is to do basic maintenance on the vehicles and trailers as well as too help customers. On slow days this was pretty easy to complete and we were often able to have fun with it. However on the busy days you are dealing with a little store that is packed with stressed out people trying to get their truck so that they can finish moving into their new place. Even these days can be fun if the management allowed it; there was nothing more fun than joking around with a customer where you see them laugh for the first time that day. But some of the upper management folks were not very organized or focused and wanted to stay true to corporate to the point where it hinders not only your relationship with that manager but also with the customer. Since I left, there has been almost complete turnover at the location I was at, however a group of us still meet up occasionally.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
upper management
Great Job Experience
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 October 2016
My day at work started with getting the address of the job and location, then I went and started the truck and drove to the work location. I learned how to move and stock furniture's as well as other goods safely and productively, without scratching or destroying them. The most enjoyable part of the job was moving customers furniture and seeing the big smile on their faces after I was done, that made my day knowing that I can make someone's day.
Pros
meeting new customers
Cons
pulling back muscle
calgary, ab
Scenior Clerk / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2016
Nice people, lots of employee benefits. Regular appreciation events. Great benefits
Good location, . regular raises. Health fairs and monthly bbqs
working here teaches me alot off things about my customer
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
working at U-Haul it was a goo experience working here ou have to be patience with the customer when there is a situation it make me stronger as a person and better in what I am doing now
the people are friendly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 March 2017
they need to increase pays more often. The people are great to work with. It is just some of the policies I don't agree with and they need to take opinions from their employees
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC16 March 2017
The environment allows one to get great customer service experience. One can also build his/her communication skills as there is a verity of customers that one has to help.
Entry Level Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2016
Very entry level scheduling, great customer base, easy to build client rapport.

Company vehicles are mistreated and not reliable. Most private branches do not maintain trucks as necessary.
Customers
Full Time, Customer Service, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 June 2016
U-Haul was very interesting to work at as the customers were well respected and had amazing manners. Overall i improved my communication skills because of U-Haul as i had to call and talk face to face with customers with their rentals.
Pros
Customers
Interesting
Hitch and Wiring Specialist/ Customer (Former Employee) –  Montreal,Qc12 April 2014
I was working with a friend, who I have to say was the best boss I have had in many years. However the sad part of the situation was that we had lost many employees in a short time and we were left with three guy. this meant that I was working about 60 hours a week, while my boss was working over 70. and between the two of us we kept the place running.
when I asked for a raise, my boss understood and was more then happy to do so as he knew how hard I was working. however the upper management felt differently. This would be one of my many reasons for leaving
Pros
Enjoyed the time I was there
Cons
my pour upper management