U-Haul Employee Reviews

Horrible Experience With Upper Management
Storage Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC23 May 2017
When your own boss gets continually lectured and written up for things like moving signs so that the customers know where to park or find the bathroom, you know something is definitely not right. No raise in over a year of work. No offer of benefits. Would not recommend to anyone. Especially for the amount of work which doesn't match the low pay.
Pros
Best boss ever
Cons
Best boss got fired
great people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 May 2017
great place to work at and make a career, friendly staff at each center and dealer. with what i was doing at uhaul i got to see new places in ontario.
Pros
BBQs
Cons
the only holidy for uhaul is christmas day..... i think
Horrible employer
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 May 2017
Had the worst working experience at this company poor management the pay is horrible for the work you have to do never apply there they will force you to put your life on the line instead of fixing the equipment
Good place to make minimum wage
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 April 2017
you do not have to try extremely hard here and they don't give you benefits so you have to save the money you get but you only make 11:50 an hr so you can't do much. this is a good stepping stone job you get to learn lots about sales/customer service/truck maintenance.
automotive technician
PM Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
good company pay fine wage and benefits, friendly environment. but the reason i don't like about this place not get more hand or cars and diagnoses, usually work on trucks.
Pros
free lunch on weekend
Cons
more hours
Large U.S. based Coporation
Area Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta12 April 2017
This company is directed from it's head office in U.S. A number of it's Policies and Procedures are in contravention of traditional Canadian labour culture.
Pros
Checks cleared
Cons
Too numerous to mention
staff is amazing to work with
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 March 2017
Great benefits, co-workers are fun and great to work with. They also work around your family life. however you have to continuously fight for advancement and raises.
Pros
works with family life
Cons
no advancement and no raises
the people are friendly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 March 2017
they need to increase pays more often. The people are great to work with. It is just some of the policies I don't agree with and they need to take opinions from their employees
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC16 March 2017
The environment allows one to get great customer service experience. One can also build his/her communication skills as there is a verity of customers that one has to help.
Increasingly challenging in a good way always learning
Automotive Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 February 2017
A typical day at work involves inspecting a vehicle for any problems, finding future problem, and repairing said problems.

Every day i would learn something new with the help of seasoned
technicians at my disposal.

The management there was diligent on having vehicles in and out with out compromising on safety in any way.

The hardest part of the job was learning something new and having it done in a timely matter which pushed me to learn quick and push out quality work.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people there.
A Bad Manager made for an unpleasant work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
The job may have been a good retail/service atmosphere to be in if only the manager had not been a bad influence. Once this became apparent, working at U-Haul was no longer a comfortable environment to be in daily.

Management was changed sometime after I parted ways with the company and I heard from staff that the atmosphere improved greatly.
fast paced environment with stressed out customers. learned a lot in providing excellent customer service.
Customer Service Rep/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 January 2017
dealt with a lot of complains because trucks are old and some don't work that great. Often problem solving in order to keep customers happy and coming back to us.
Cons
management was not great
working here teaches me alot off things about my customer
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
working at U-Haul it was a goo experience working here ou have to be patience with the customer when there is a situation it make me stronger as a person and better in what I am doing now
fun place
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 January 2017
you typical customer service job stocking inventory and making reservations all schedules are done online so you can check it when ever and you get some pretty good benefits
laid back most days
Storage Facility Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2017
co-workers can be annoying, the manager is good, most days are pretty slack and laid back but they like switch up your schedule last minute and not tell you about it, if you like mopping taking this job
Pros
can be pretty chill most days
Cons
they don't like giving raises and you'll never move forward
Entry Level Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2016
Very entry level scheduling, great customer base, easy to build client rapport.

Company vehicles are mistreated and not reliable. Most private branches do not maintain trucks as necessary.
Demanding and time consuming
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2016
Very demanding and time consuming job. Perfect for stufents and people looking for part time employement. Good advancement opportunities and benefits if you are full time employee.
Great Job Experience
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 October 2016
My day at work started with getting the address of the job and location, then I went and started the truck and drove to the work location. I learned how to move and stock furniture's as well as other goods safely and productively, without scratching or destroying them. The most enjoyable part of the job was moving customers furniture and seeing the big smile on their faces after I was done, that made my day knowing that I can make someone's day.
Pros
meeting new customers
Cons
pulling back muscle
Emploi mal géré
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QC18 October 2016
Le boss gère la place très mal. Les employers se laisser a gérer par eux même a la derniere minute.
Calm and productive area
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I was working closely with the executive assistant and I enjoyed working with her. I took care of the accounting of the company. Then the rest of day, worked on payroll, and anything else that needed to be done in an everyday office, such as mailing. I left because my description was changed from accounting clerk to customer complaint representative. I wouldn't not have accepted the position if I was asked.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Only the reason I left

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.