U-Haul

U-Haul Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Seemed positive initially.......
Reservation Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: minimum wage job
Cons: overworked, underpaid, management not professional
Very low pay. Expect you to do several jobs. There is no discipline if they like you. You can be on facebook all day at work if you like. This was a terrible and unprofessional company to work for..... Do not apply at Uhaul.
volunteer
volunteer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 13, 2016
great place had a lot of fun volunteering. we got free pizza and half the game we sat out and waqtched. and also gave me some great skills and experiience
Terrible stress inducing environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 13, 2016
Horrible company to work for. Do not look out for or protect their staff. A lot of their staff dealing with chronic anxiety due to their employment with this company.
fast paced, always something different
Facility Maintainence Tech (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2015
easy to communicate with fellow peers, hard work and boring tasks but still fun. not much room for advancement have the ability to meet new people
great place to gain customer service experience
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
uhual is a great starting position for those who need customer service experience. Management is very professional and treat employees right.
A company that gives importance work/life balance
Transfer Driver - On Call (Former Employee), BCOctober 31, 2015
Pros: No lost time for family and life outside work
Cons: slim chances for career advancement / no security
Management is very supportive about their employee's life outside work. They will accommodate requests from employees regarding family matters as much as they can, and I definitely admire them for these things. The only flaw that I saw during my time in Uhaul is proper training for new employees, especially for employees who are required to drive Uhaul vehicles. Before Uhaul, the biggest vehicle I drove was a seven-seater van. After Uhaul, I experienced driving vehicles up to three times longer than a seven-seater van. What surprised me was no one ask me if I have experience in driving cargo trucks as big as the 26-footer or even pulling trailers as long as the Transport Carriers during my hiring process. I ended up studying how to drive the unfamiliar vehicles on the road (hands on) the day i started working and lucky enough to survived without an accident considering I'm not entitled for any benefits. Its all about numbers in my line of work(which is not suppose to be), that caused some changes my driving attitude and realized the job is not for me.

I consider my life in Uhaul as a challenging experience. I learned a lot of things about the company and co-employees. It's a great place to start for young individuals who still live with the parents and doesn't have any bills to pay.
Great place to work with flexible hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
Definitely require the ability to multi task and the desire and ability to constantly learn. It is a very fast paced, customer service heavy atmosphere. The "Team" is great and there is always a course or person to assist you if needed. The hardest part of the job is ... the weather ... people need trucks/trailers etc no matter how hot/cold/wet it is outside :)
Great company
District Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 30, 2015
U-Haul is a great company to work for. I really have enjoyed working for them this far but I no longer have any advancment oppurtunities.
rough equiptment
Office Manager (Former Employee), Milton, ONMay 27, 2015
I loved running the retail location however most of the equipment Uhaul provided for rentals tended to need some serious TLC which in turn caused many customers to be irate. It did however teach me how to be a problem solver efficiently
terrible
Customer service representative and outside labor (Former Employee), 152 east drive brampton ontarioApril 26, 2015
Pros: sometimes free food
Cons: long hours, underpaid, wanting staff to work in departments they are not supposed to.
Madhu at 152 East drive made my U-haul experience theeeeee worst and most unreliable work experience ever. U haul overall is slack and they do nothing to make sure employees are treated fairly.
Overrall fun and professional
Gérant de Territoire (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 3, 2015
Pros: I'd make my own schedule and had my gasoline paid
Cons: Long hours and driving far from home
I loved waking up every morning ready to help out the dealers I had. I'd prospect on daily basis for potential new affiliates. It was fun being on the road. This was my first manager position that exploded on me real quick. I learned that I need to be more confident in myself and my decisions if i wanted to be a manager in the future. Management wasn't terrible but they should be less negative. I didn't have to many co-workers since the job consisted of being on the road alone.
Lip Service
Transfer Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: None.
Cons: Long hours.
No training provided, or piecemeal at best, given only when someone messes up on the job.

The management only pays lip service to being safe on the job, and on the roads. Time is closely monitored and tracked. This puts pressure on drivers to drive at unsafe speeds above the speed limit. Drivers are questioned and looked at with suspicion if traffic makes the trip longer. Job termination without explanation.

Work takes priority over personal life when volume of work is high. Some accommodation given to personal life when it's convenient for the company.
Great experiance with tough tasks
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: time to study and do homework
Cons: lots of injuries came with the job
I loved my time at U-Haul. I dealt with alot of situations in a day, but i always found new ways to achieve optimal customer satisfaction. I loved working my supervisor, he was very understanding and was always there to give advice when i needed help.
A fast paced work enviroment
Truck and Coach Co-op apprentice (Former Employee), Brampton, caDecember 22, 2014
Pros: good working environment and hours
Cons: very repetitive ad uhaul only had a few models of trucks to work on
A typical day of work includes preventative maintenance on all vehicles. this includes oil changes, brake inspection and replacement (hydraulic disk and drum), transmission fluid changes (automatic), spark plug replacement, and inspections of the entire vehicle.

I learned a lot about inspections and learning to follow procedures to ensure vehicle repairs.

Co-workers were generally good in a typical day will be more than willing to help train and teach me about proper repair.
FAST PACED ,HARD WORK= FAST DAYS!!dont work at surrey branch
csr (Former Employee), surrey ,BCDecember 12, 2014
Cons: terrible and poorly run, managed horribly
I was told i was doing well ,let go next day without cause,i should have realized that when you lose over 4 employees in lees than a month that i should not have hired on,beware of this location!!!company on the whole ...GREAT!
Horrible manager.
Csr (Former Employee), halifaxOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: management has a big stick
The management seems to like to yell at the employees, I would not work the unless there was new manage ment. Unless you like getting literally yelled at in front of customers.
Student job
Commis (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2014
Pros: i could relax while working
Cons: very low income
It was pleasant to work there while finishing my studies. It wasn't too demanding so I could easily get everything done without having to break a sweat. Of course, I wouldn't dream of working there my whole life. I need to be constantly challenged.
decent job, managementok.
hitch/wireing install (Current Employee), century st wpgAugust 21, 2014
work in a semi alone environment installing trailer hitches and wireing on customer vehicles. .
it was good working with the certain co workers
Customer service Rep. Deal (Former Employee), nash & bartonJune 26, 2014
Pros: drving and cleaning the trucks
Cons: women being the favourite
it was typical, normal checks, decent hours, best part was the vehicle check and maintenance, just wanted further into the truck mechanics, co workers were a joke, even if i was working, theyd come out and demand i do other jobs when they just sit and complain or text, etc. i learned tons towards a lot of areas, hard to forget, the odd re study keeps the info i learn.
Great benefits poor salary
Technician (Current Employee), victoriaJune 19, 2014
Great benefits poor salary. work very hard for what you earn. great work enviroment and people to work with learned a load of things automotive wise and put my welding skills to use many times