Tyco

Tyco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Packer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A great to have work. how to deal with production. management was ok. got along with everyone. job was easy. company pay
Good Team to work with, Fiber Optic Product an unique Industry.
Sr. Engineer - Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Bangalore, KADecember 28, 2013
Learned to be a better team player,
Learned to use the data, Analyse the data,
Training of new employees and checking the effectiveness was a bit hard since always most time is spent in resolving daily issue.
The most enjoyable part of the job is analysis of defects and action taking with team.
Good job
machine operator (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 18, 2013
This was a good job where I was responsible for setting up, operating and changing over machines. I also inspected the parts, filled hoppers, made adjustments to prevent off quality.
repair and wire no working equipment
Technical Associate Test IV (Former Employee), Asheville, NCDecember 17, 2013
Pros: they look after their employees in every manner best place i have ever worked
Cons: not being there now because of lay off nation wide
Every day had a different issue or solution to a problem. I learned about vibration equipment and how it works and why. the hardest part of the job was keeping wires on terminals at 100g's of force. the most enjoyable part is watching things we repaired work for longer than normal time frames. my coworker was always on the move sence there was only – more... two of us to keep the building in operation hence why I was hired. I worked on enviorment test chambers and test equipment. Managent was always there if I had personal problems at home my wife became ill and they were there for me. – less
Great Staff
National and International Account Representative (Former Employee), Middletown, PADecember 16, 2013
Pros: great location
Enjoyed working at Tyco, it was a temp to hire position. But after 9/11 I went to work for the Department of Homeland Security. Would work there again.
Great company.
Sales & Marketing Director, (Former Employee), Kessel LoDecember 10, 2013
Pros: global international company serving all industries
Cons: internally focus
Strategy:
Clarity is existing after years of questioning
Execution:
Poor and lack of focus on outside/Customers
Talent:
Development plans depend on BU's focus.
Better to be young and bright
very productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2013
was hard work management was bad coworkers was alright but it was good money
read cross sections
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Dallas ORDecember 1, 2013
Take and prepare sections of panels and cross reference them against customer specs using a microscope
Tyco
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 30, 2013
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Steady paced workload, quiet office environment, lots of projects done remotely through other branches
Fire Alarm & Suppression Designer/Drafter (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORNovember 20, 2013
Pros: freedom to create designs from scratch. company paid training education (nicet)
Cons: break-watchers (short breaks), take lunches around 11:30 to avoid isolation), time zone issues - project done from other branches
Was hoping for more official training once pulled onto the team - it was kind of just expected to learn as you go and copy from old jobs rather than fully teaching employees how panels operate and interact with initiation and notification devices. Slowly picked up fire alarm codes for spacing, placement, standards, etc. Be sure to write everything down – more... to use as reference later.
Also being on time is very important to the manager I worked for, it didn't matter if you stayed 4 hours late everyday, being 5 minutes late in the morning is the worst thing you can do.
Communication was very poor, if a detail was created for device, panel or system layout and placed on the server without the drafter/designer informing the team others would then later spend time recreating the same drawing over again only to find out it's already been complete. The drafting standards aren't 'up to par' and drastically vary from branch to branch. No one is simply implementing any guidelines.
I got lucky and had one of the best (in my opinion) fire suppression project designers in the company as my main manager until he took a higher paying position in a out of state branch. But there are many very knowledgable designers and engineerings in the company, only issue is breaking down that wall that many engineers put up to avoid the annoying fellow employees, but once you're in with the right mentor the knowledge will keep increasing. – less
Great company
Senior Principal Lead IC Layout Design Engineer (Former Employee), Morristown, NJNovember 18, 2013
Pros: size
Cons: size
Great in all aspects, nothing bad to say.

I wished the company did not move.
good company
CNC Machinist II (Former Employee), Norwood, MANovember 17, 2013
been there for a while, learn many new machine experience, good people and manager just ok.
Great
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCNovember 15, 2013
Proficient commercial driver, team leader, HVAC technician, machine operator, stand up/ sitdown forklift operator , and business leader. Excel at inventory controls, basic computers, and marketing business services
nice place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 29, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: healthcare, short breaks
a typical day was hard because I ran a laminating machine I never knew what I was going to have to do example set up machine with new copper or replacing copper as the ran out. machines used anywhere for 30 to 50 different rolls of thin copper wire. , last job I had was running and training temp workers to run connector machines. we had 3 different – more... machines for 1 connector, sometimes it became a hassle especially if Temp worker did not show up for. work. Co workers was wonderful enjoyed working with all of them. the best part of the day was when my shift was over and I knew I gave the company 100% or more. I took pride in all I did. – less
I love to work, fun is next.
Associate engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 20, 2013
Pros: tea time
Cons: long hours
Working together with cooperative in critical situations.
How to manage the work pressure
Worked for long hours
Whatever the level of pressure i will working with smile.
ok work place but in need of improvement
EMERGENCY DISPATCH OPERATOR (Former Employee), Aurora, Co.October 1, 2013
Pros: fast paced day and ok work environment.
Cons: needed better training and updates on constant changes for their employees and needed to be cleaner.
Management fairly nice but not always informed of new changes. Could be stressful as heavy phone/monitoring expectations and very micromanaged. Had nice food and beverage/lunch areas. Good incentives for bonus pay. And great company benefits.
A great job that closed
Operator (Former Employee), Emigsville, PASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, great pay
Cons: not alot of appreciation for all of the hard work
Performed various manufacturing aspects
worked on all shifts at different times
Such a nice place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Reno-Stead, NVSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: free extra break, free lunch
Cons: na
Easy going work, your always busy, and details every single job task you have, and fun intelligence supervisor
A good working envirement
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: thirty minut break
Cons: two fifteen minut breaks
getting my cherry picker ready and check list. I learned how to be a picker and pic all types of different part numbers and how to ship out material and print documents. Managers were very understanding. Coworkers were very nice. Making sure not to print out the wrong documents. best part was brake every takes brake at the same time.
Tyco was a good company to be employed by but due to many corprate changes devested from it construction arm
Manager Electrical and Instrument division (Former Employee), Bangkok Thialand Darwin NTSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: great bonus scheme
Cons: constant change in corporate core values
As manager for the E/I side of the Thailand business was involved with day to day running of a successful electrical contracting business
New opportunities especially in modular construction and requirements of many different governing bodies was a constant learning curve
The team established over many years was experienced and very successes full
Difficulties – more... found were the large staff changes required due to fluctuating work loads and global economic changes
Most enjoyable part of the job was the People and the many large and varied projects completed. – less

About Tyco

We have a passion to protect what matters most. We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing – Read more