Tyco

Tyco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Assist in design of does and molds. Build Dies and Molds, Groom new Dies for Production, Setup and run Wire Machines. Exceeded Expectations.
Master Die Maker (Former Employee), NCFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: • die assembler, grooming, précision, grinding, debugging, troubleshooting, and polishing
Cons: shift change
• Assist in design of dies and molds
• Build dies and molds
• Train new die hires for production
• Setup and run wire machines
• Create new tooling
• Increase production
• Die Assembler, Grooming, Precision, Grinding, Debugging, Troubleshooting, and Polishing
It was a very productive job
Recieving (Former Employee), ArizonaJanuary 30, 2014
I thought I would be able to grow with the company but management didn't have it all together there.
Temporary Job
ICT Technician (Former Employee), SwindonJanuary 28, 2014
I had to fix computers and other hardware and software. I learnt the different parts of a computer/printer. Co-workers were friendly and helped me when I found the job difficult. The most enjoyable part was interacting with co-workers to solve different problems.
who you know not what you know
fitter (Former Employee), johnson cityJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: large corporation
Cons: management
As for the Johnson city division from what I experienced in the 6 months working there the supervisor for there installation division would just hire people that he knew or the family members he knew.
It had nothing to do with the work you produced or the qualifications you had the supervisor was very bias and should be removed from the position.
Company upholds the highest of standards towards producing top quality products.
Machine Operator/Assembly (Former Employee), Monroe, NCJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: great work environment, well compensated, and great benefits
The company is the leader within its industry because of the hard work that goes into hiring employees who take pride in what they do, and trained to assemble top quality products.
Diversity and Innovation
Supply Base Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: diversity and fun
Cons: constant change
Very diverse workforce.
Big focus on health and safety.
Global footprint.
interesting work
repetitive work (Former Employee), Arecibo, PRJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: location, free drinks and snacks and great pay
tyco was a great place to work from awesome benefits to a nice break room, the work hours 6-3 with week ends off. best schedule ever
fun work place, pressure
Invoice Operator (Current Employee), Hyderabad, PSDJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: extra leave, no compulsion of entry time
Cons: long hours, less salary, no overtime
On the eve of a particular day, I came to office and start my work till to end but at the time to go home my boss give me more work to do.

I learned here, how to work properly on demand

There is no such management rules are here.

My co-workers are well and cooperative

The hardest part of the Job is, when I got a lot of work and I have to work after – more... my working hours. And this is the most enjoyable part of work. – less
Great place to work, very helpful co-workers
Internship in Internal Controls and Policies (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Even as an intern I learn more in a couple of months than in any textbook I used in school. Every employee is there to help from the director on down, no matter how busy it is. The work load can be intense but it is well worth it once you complete it. Finally, everyone there is very respectful of you no matter what your job title was. Overall, an amazing – more... place to work!!! – less
n/a
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 3, 2014
The new Tyco advances safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect where people live and work around the globe.
Packer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A great to have work. how to deal with production. management was ok. got along with everyone. job was easy. company pay
Good Team to work with, Fiber Optic Product an unique Industry.
Sr. Engineer - Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Bangalore, KADecember 28, 2013
Learned to be a better team player,
Learned to use the data, Analyse the data,
Training of new employees and checking the effectiveness was a bit hard since always most time is spent in resolving daily issue.
The most enjoyable part of the job is analysis of defects and action taking with team.
Good job
machine operator (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 18, 2013
This was a good job where I was responsible for setting up, operating and changing over machines. I also inspected the parts, filled hoppers, made adjustments to prevent off quality.
repair and wire no working equipment
Technical Associate Test IV (Former Employee), Asheville, NCDecember 17, 2013
Pros: they look after their employees in every manner best place i have ever worked
Cons: not being there now because of lay off nation wide
Every day had a different issue or solution to a problem. I learned about vibration equipment and how it works and why. the hardest part of the job was keeping wires on terminals at 100g's of force. the most enjoyable part is watching things we repaired work for longer than normal time frames. my coworker was always on the move sence there was only – more... two of us to keep the building in operation hence why I was hired. I worked on enviorment test chambers and test equipment. Managent was always there if I had personal problems at home my wife became ill and they were there for me. – less
Great Staff
National and International Account Representative (Former Employee), Middletown, PADecember 16, 2013
Pros: great location
Enjoyed working at Tyco, it was a temp to hire position. But after 9/11 I went to work for the Department of Homeland Security. Would work there again.
Great company.
Sales & Marketing Director, (Former Employee), Kessel LoDecember 10, 2013
Pros: global international company serving all industries
Cons: internally focus
Strategy:
Clarity is existing after years of questioning
Execution:
Poor and lack of focus on outside/Customers
Talent:
Development plans depend on BU's focus.
Better to be young and bright
very productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2013
was hard work management was bad coworkers was alright but it was good money
read cross sections
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Dallas ORDecember 1, 2013
Take and prepare sections of panels and cross reference them against customer specs using a microscope
Tyco
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 30, 2013
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Steady paced workload, quiet office environment, lots of projects done remotely through other branches
Fire Alarm & Suppression Designer/Drafter (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORNovember 20, 2013
Pros: freedom to create designs from scratch. company paid training education (nicet)
Cons: break-watchers (short breaks), take lunches around 11:30 to avoid isolation), time zone issues - project done from other branches
Was hoping for more official training once pulled onto the team - it was kind of just expected to learn as you go and copy from old jobs rather than fully teaching employees how panels operate and interact with initiation and notification devices. Slowly picked up fire alarm codes for spacing, placement, standards, etc. Be sure to write everything down – more... to use as reference later.
Also being on time is very important to the manager I worked for, it didn't matter if you stayed 4 hours late everyday, being 5 minutes late in the morning is the worst thing you can do.
Communication was very poor, if a detail was created for device, panel or system layout and placed on the server without the drafter/designer informing the team others would then later spend time recreating the same drawing over again only to find out it's already been complete. The drafting standards aren't 'up to par' and drastically vary from branch to branch. No one is simply implementing any guidelines.
I got lucky and had one of the best (in my opinion) fire suppression project designers in the company as my main manager until he took a higher paying position in a out of state branch. But there are many very knowledgable designers and engineerings in the company, only issue is breaking down that wall that many engineers put up to avoid the annoying fellow employees, but once you're in with the right mentor the knowledge will keep increasing. – less

About Tyco

We have a passion to protect what matters most. We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing – Read more