Tyco

Tyco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
i worked with great people
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: the pay and the hours
my reason for leaving was plant shutdown, im going to miss tyco
Fun and Challenging
Lead APAC Sales and Operation Planning (Current Employee), Singapore,September 9, 2013
Managing Demand and Supply for Asia Pacific Region, Work with multicultural teams. Most enjoyable part and toughest part of the job is working with people with different back grounds.
Stay away
Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2013
Very low paying job, not good company values, no opportunity for advancement. not good benefits/
Great benefits
Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 1, 2013
I enjoy my job and the benefits the company offer but bad management was the down fall.
Productive and fun and interesting place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Norfolk, NEAugust 24, 2013
Pros: great enviroment to work in, great pay and benefits
typical day: Machine operator working within specifications, making adjustments to the machine as needed
what I learned: diversity running several different types of assembly machines
management: helpful an interested in my advancement
most enjoyable part of my job: working with kind and friendly associates who were team players
Productive and Fun
Maintenance Trainee (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 21, 2013
Great place to work, they leave you alone and let you do your job.
* Typical day, read schematics, wire panels
* What I learned: Learned about different control systems, troubleshot projects, built machines
* Management: never saw management above a certain level
* Co-workers: great!!
* Hardest part of job: getting up in the morning
* Most enjoyable
* – more... Learned programming PLC's and its maintenance – less
Same as Amp
Store Attendant (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: wages and benefits
Cons: job security
I was an assembler, machine operator, warehouse operator, material handler.
automotive division
Machine operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 15, 2013
Tyco international is a great company. Management always motivated for improvements.
Start up with solid Manangement
Pricing Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 10, 2013
Pros: great management
Cons: sold out to tyco
This was a start up by AMP INC, I enjoyed helping this company grow from 0$ per to a 12M dollar a year company. It had a solid Management staff, and I grew with it, started a quote department and be the Pricing Manager and this had me working the customers, suppliers, engineering.
I enjoyed my time there.
very stressful
Administrative Assistant/Productivity Specialist (Former Employee), W Henrietta, NYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: tution help
Cons: stress
Verify timely and accurate completion of all service work on a daily basis in Los Angles and Nevada
Disappointed by treatment of company before layoff
Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 5, 2013
I liked the challange of the position. The pay was good, and had some great co-workers. I did not like the manner in which the company let us go.
baseball.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Aguadilla, PRAugust 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healt care
pm of diferents industrial tools, repair industrial machinary, safety programs , documentation programs, quality programs participation. team work
Productive and laid back
Packing (Former Employee), High Point, NCJuly 31, 2013
Pros: you got three breaks
Cons: it was temp
Typical day at work was to come in. Watch three machine. One was were the car parts come out at. So I had to make sure the were coming out and not getting stuck. The second machine was putting them in boxes to be shipped out. The third machine scanned for defects in the parts. I learned how to scan parts . Pack the in there right case and making sure – more... the parts came out. Your co-workers didn't bother you. It was not a hard job. The breaks you get – less
All about numbers when it benefits them in Houston.
rssr (Former Employee), Houston TxJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: rats in management, will take your sales/commission as much as possible.
I worked for Simplex Grinnell in Houston. When they got short on numbers, they cut 15 people immediately. I was a RSSR. My numbers were 2nd in district as RSSR and I got cut because manager had personal vendetta. If you are a commission position, they will find ways to split your sales so they can add to their bottom line. This shop position is in the – more... same department, suppression. They will eventually try to move you to a rssr spot.

They have great benefits, medium pay, but horrible management. With the exception of the new DGM, they are all rats. – less
good company
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Aguadilla, PRJuly 30, 2013
Troubleshoot all Cain of products that we make
learn how to use the tools
good working conditions
If you're goal oriented..
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 24, 2013
You will succeed here. Expectations are clear and concise, yet somewhat restricting. Otherwise, lots of employee appreciation and rewards for those who follow the letter.
Working at Tyco 1
Production Worker (Former Employee), Marinette, WIJuly 21, 2013
Pros: challenging and fun work, fun coworkers and excellent money.
Cons: long, and sometimes hot, work days!
I loved the challenging work and fun coworkers! I loved working with different machinery and tools! Most enjoyable was the excellent money I made. Hardest was the 12 hour days we sometimes worked four or five days in a row, week after week and hot in the summertime! Very tiring and exhausting!!! A lot of employees got sick because of it.
Productive and fun place to work
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 18, 2013
Great place to work, they leave you alone and let you do your job.
* Typical day, read schematics, wire panels
* Management: never saw management above a certain level
* Co-workers: great!!
* Hardest part of job: getting up in the morning
* Most enjoyable – more... part of job: Seeing a prototype machine that you helped design and wire, go into production – less
Plater 3 (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCJuly 12, 2013
Pros: bonuses, benefits and compensation
Cons: heavy workloads lots of training meetings
Not an overall bad company, great benefits and incentive programs along with bonuses and profit share. Very healthy competition between departments. Can be demanding at times with work load fluctuations and pressure to keep up with costumer orders especially with quick-turnaround. Nice lounge and break areas, generally friendly co-workers great access – more... to management and HR departments – less
This company is total garbage
Call Center (Current Employee), ColoradoJuly 5, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: short breaks, micro managed enviroment, fatties and losers
Co-Workers and management seemed to have come from Gas stations and Wal-Mart jobs. No management in my work group have a college degree. Terrible non-professional work environment. I have not been recognized for Bachelor of Science degree. Skipped over several times for promotions even though I was much more qualified by education and work experience – more... for team lead positions. Hardest part of the the job was coming to work.
Most enjoyable part of the job was leaving each day. This company has 2 time clocks and micro manages your work day down to the minuets. 100% looser work environment. Your business may burn to the ground and Tyco would never know because your phone line was not communicating. Peace of mind for you business. Yeah right! – less

About Tyco

We have a passion to protect what matters most. We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing – Read more