Tyco Employee Reviews

comfortable lunch room
assembler (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 October 2014
Nice working area...very quiet and clean.
work with nice team
show me all experience they have
Pros
free lunch
exellent place
security Customer engineer (Current Employee) –  calgary23 September 2014
lovely place to workPlease tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Pros
excellent
Diverse environment to be a part of.
Service Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc11 August 2014
Fast paced environment. Ability to take on several duties at one time. Comfort in working independently and as part of the team.
Fast paced environment with lots of opportunities
MANAGER, CYBER SECURITY OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2014
Fast paced environment with lots of opportunities growth. Good environment to learn and grow.
Good company to work for
Manager, CCTV Networks and Proof-of-Concept Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2014
Going thru shareholder pains and downsizing.

3 staffing cuts in 12 months
Pros
The staff
Cons
The coproate money goals
Each day was filled with excitement, Rewards and Challenges.
Regional Manager Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto ---25 May 2014
Typical day would extend from sales review to strategic operational planning. Focused on delivering exceptional service to external/internal customers. Consistently reiterating our core values and foster an enviroment where assoicates are respected.
Over the years of being a leader I have learned that our biggest asset is our associates. Associates must feel part of the big picture and be acknowledged for thier efforts. Communicating clear direction for each assoicates roles and responsibilties is the most important aspect to ensure success. Corporate objectives must be understood and reached. At times difficult decisions must be made for the betterment of the organization even though may not be accepted by all. The most enjoyable part of the job is to coach/develope assoicates to reach their targets and personal goals. Their success leads to the success of the organization.
fun workplace
Security Mobile Patrol Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2014
This company is full of fun and enjoyable employees,
yet it is poorly managed unfortunately.
Pros
Paid lunches
Great work atmosphere
Project Lead / System Level Tester (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 May 2014
Great People,
Good entry level job.
Salary Not so good.
Company promotes fitness and wellbeing
Pros
Social Life
Pleasant Days
Team Leader/Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 April 2014
I have enjoyed my time working here and learning new skills, that are relatively technical and specific to this job. I have learned to better manger my time with all the daily tasks that have to be completed the same day, like auditing information from the day before and following up with customers within a timely manner.

The hardest part of my job was the time management of the daily tasks I am responsible for completing and this was a challenge for me when I firest started this postion and has been my most improved skill.

My favourite part of my job is the data analysis and technical aspects of my job.

I enjoy working with with all the people I work with, they are very helpful and my manager is very approachable with any issues I might have. My manager is also a very good trainer and excellent resource for troubleshooting uncommon issues.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Shift work, not very much opportunity to move up, contract with no benefits
Stable work environment
Monitoring station Operator (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Qc5 February 2014
This is a very stable reasonably well paying place to work. Working environment is adequate. One great thing is weekly pays and a lot of opportunity to increase your salary through overtime.
Pros
Weekly pay/ salary increase
Cons
NIght shift for a long time
Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2014
Really learned a lot here after getting graduated.this was my first job at tyco .Started working as technical support level 1 technicain .Team leader ,co worker were very friendly and helpful.used to take level 1 calla and then got promoted in a year to level 2 technician .There I learned all about security panel from wiring ,testing to programming the panels .It was fun working there as we always learn new by taking or talking to security proffesionals.
Not at all a challenging environment. Not too experience managers and engineers there.
Hardware-Software Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2013
I haven't learned so much since the work environment and the tasks assigned were not challenging and the work culture is not a really good one. No team work at all.
I had young but very un-experienced supervisors.
Not too experienced HW/SW director.
Pros
Cons
No team work at all. Not a challenging environment. Not good management. No career development.
X
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2013
The most enjoyable part of working is the people around you. Those people make it all worth the effort to get up in the morning and look forward to coming into the office. Those people were plentiful.You always learn. I look forward to learning new things everyday.
Working with our suppliers and manufacturers representatives was also a highlight. Reviewing new products and getting insight into whats coming were most enlighning.
Perhaps one of the most satisfying areas dealt with providing support, on site or over the phone, for our Sales, Service and Installation teams. If I didnt have the answer readily available, I would get it and get back to them. It was no different when it was necessary to provide solutions/corrective actions for our Residential or Commercial Customers. It was the hearing the all familiar "Thank you" when the issues were taken care of. To me, that's what its all about, your customer's satisfaction.
Fun and very busy work place.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2013
Each day at work was busy as my task was primarily to document and check every visitor to the site and call Human Resources to let them know of the arrival of that person on site. Officers would have already checked the daily list of expectant visitors on line.
I checked the bag of every employee or visitor leaving the site through the East Gate turnstile. Any one who refused to show bag would be reported.As they swiped their access cards,their names would appear on the Chubb System. Co- workers basically did the same thing and were easy to get along with making my job easier.I loved shifting from the East Gate to the North to the Corporate Offices. The respect I had for management was reciprocal. From this job I gained a comprehensive knowledge of fire alarm procedures and the importance and being in a constant state of readiness for any eventuality.
Pros
Security had free access to Pub and Canteen to purchase or make coffee, in the Corporate Office these would be given free of cost to security.
Cons
We had no breaks but could have left the Guard House at safe periods, we made purchases or skipped across to the Corporate Office for snacks.
Think about working here.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver18 May 2013
The salary is OK if you are not looking for long term employment. Some management was Great but the DGM for my location was short sited and did not value loyalty or hard work and no vision.

My immediate supervisor was GREAT one of the best people I ever worked for. The team was ALSO A GREAT bunch of people and didn't deserve the GM.

This location also has gone through several GMs over the years and the this one was by far the worst. Questionable ethics too.....
Pros
Some management understood the big picture
Cons
No Loyalty, Life Work Balance
Good people in the company
National Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON14 May 2013
I fielded calls from across Canada sometimes starting at 5:00 AM from the Atlantic region till 7:00 PM from the Pacific region. The people I worked with were great!
The managers expected a honest day work for a honest days pay, but they were quick to point out that there were 24 hours in a day!

Hardest part of the job was coordinating the different parties.

Best part of the job was being able to travel across Canada.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Don't pay overtime
Productive and fun place to work
Secrétaire, Répartiteur - service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC3 April 2013
Receiving phone calls from technicians from different parts of the world. Verifying there needs and transfering calls. Part of the French comity to make sure everything was written in french and english within the company according to laws. The management was very flexible and human when needed to meet with them if an issue occured with customers. Hardest part of the work was working on shifts. Enjoyed the team and help traine new employees on the system.
Pros
very good company to work
Productive and fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto22 January 2013
I review parts inventory, place order pickup parts and deliver to production line.

I learned a lot of new things e.g. the baan system.

Management for the most part was pretty okay.

my co-workers were all awesome.

the hardest part of the job was operating the pump truck so heavy.

working in diffrent departments.
Pros
christmas party
Cons
low wages
Assembly line
General labour (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2012
I there.

Working under presore,all way bee done my job on time,freindly,opening minde and team player.
Pros
taking when my jobe is done
Cons
40-44 hours a week
Productive atmosphere
Coordinator - Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 September 2012
Tyco security integrated is a very good company. Thus, it is the best school. It thought me true discipline and mostly how to work well in a group. We're all on an equal scale since we're unionized. It is truly a philanthropic environment. The managers are always there to help and we have constant training to perfect our skills. It makes you grow as a person and teaches you authentic respect.
Pros
excellent workplace, feels like a big family.
Cons
24h central - the hours of operation are very difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyco. Our community is ready to answer.