Tyco

Tyco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Tyco was my client while working for Esdgwick CMS
A dedicated worker's compensation adjuster (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FlAugust 19, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: too much managenment
Same as Sedgwick CMS review as Tyco was the client I did not work for Tyco directly.

Better understanding of Tyco and how they wanted their claims handled.

Management very pleasant.

Co workers work as a team.

The management at Sedgwick CMS

I really enjoyed claims adjusting
A repetitive and very social enviornment
Assembler (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: benefits and multiple breaks
Cons: no flexibility and favoritism
Everyday was the same thing, same schedule same people same routine. After my first two weeks of training in my main department, I wasn't moved to learn more unless requested. Most enjoyable part of the job is most defiantly the pay, especially when overtime was allowed. The hardest part is adjusting your sleep schedule to be at work at 4am.
good company
Assembly Operator III/Die Mechanic (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 15, 2014
I still love to work for this company.Productive and safe workplace.3 shift,nice co workers.
productive and fast paced
Assembler (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: not temperature controlled
learned to operate a machine and assemble products. learned communication skills with management and coworkers. met different people that were not afraid to show you different areas of different jobs.
I like very much because I learned too much. It was a big responsibility to check all job done from packers, like quantities, labels with all informa
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 9, 2014
All days were very busy and I liked very much. I learned how to check all materials from the packers and reviewed all labels to be right. for example: address,quantities, etc.,
Tyco Valves and Controls
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Great Valley, PAAugust 3, 2014
Completing submittals and scheduling meeting
planning meetings
Tyco Manaufacturing Engineer
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Colfax,N.C.July 28, 2014
The group of engineers I worked with was top notch. The work day consisted of identifying areas that might be improved and working with my peers and the associates and would work to improve them.
Manager, Tax Compliance (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 15, 2014
I had great mentors who really stood by me and worked with me. I had a great experience and would not have left if I had not relocated.
Personable work enviroment
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 12, 2014
Pros: lunch discount program gym on site
Cons: no much employee team building or motivational in our dept
Typical responsibilities day to day include accounting management for respective entity, project and system improvements. Atmosphere is okay, Management driven to CPA certified environment. Not much room for advancement in the Finance Dept. Most difficult part of the job is meeting unrealistic goals of the dept. Most enjoyable- working for a dedicated overall great company. The operational side of this business is very successful and am proud to work for this company.
Good company, OK product offering, enjoyed the company culture
Director of National Accounts, TSP (Former Employee), Lexington, MAJune 30, 2014
Pros: large matrixed organization, many opportunities for advancement
Cons: large org. sometimes hard to change plans mid-stream as needed.
I enjoyed my time with Tyco. The organization is not suited for everyone, but I felt comfortable at such a large company. The organization has it's own share of issue (as do most), but the overall company was an enjoyable place to be.
Make sure to negotiate before accepting any offer
Manager of Finance (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJune 30, 2014
Pros: the compensation
Cons: work vs home life is terrible
Make sure to negotiate before accepting an offer / position. Very optimistic starting out but senior management is only focused on growing their own bank accounts.
Worked as a Cad Dept. In charge (Design Engineer)
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, MHJune 30, 2014
Responsible for Working in Drafting and Designing wiring Harness using Auto Cad & Capital ‘H’ getting out put from Team.
Service Engineer
Service Engineer - Customer Coordination (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 29, 2014
- Handling of Installation, Commissioning and Service of induction heating equipments.
- Handling of control panel wiring & general electrical wiring.
- Troubleshooting of electronics cards of induction hardening machine like MOSFET & IGBT driver cards, SMPS card, Frequency regulation card, PWM Control card & Alarm card.
- Process proving of the machine.
- Interacting with Design department regarding commissioning and implementation of solutions based on the feedback.
- Programming in PLC S7300,SCADA WINCC FLEXIBLE, Siemens 802D, Fanuc Oi Mate
- ISO documentation, preparing check lists for the machines
productive and fun work environment.
Shipping/Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Norcross,GaJune 26, 2014
The company has great benefits, a good working environment, with a great staff. The only down fail to the company is the management and how the facility is ran horrible.
A lot of acquisitions and disruptions in workplace
Rapid Response Development Group Leader (Former Employee), Fuquay-Varina, NCJune 25, 2014
When TYCO aquired Raychem the company culture shifted from technology focused to profit focused. The has led to a steady decline in the influence of engineering and raise in the influence of the MBA's.
Productive and Fast Paced Workplace
Assembler (Former Employee), Westminster, MAJune 24, 2014
Pros: was not a far commute from home, good hours, pay was ok, everyone was nice to work with.
Cons: lunch break was too short.
I liked working here. It kept me very busy and was fast paced just the way I like it.
demanding
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), Hobart, NYJune 16, 2014
it is rewarding to provide quality support to production. However job security with this company is non existent.
Productive workplace with the chance to become a career
Material clerk distribution 2 (Current Employee), Santa Teresa, NMJune 14, 2014
Pros: free purified water
Cons: too much mandatory overtime
A typical day at work is to first check what priorities are left for the rest of the day then handle them with integrity and as efficient as I can.
n/a
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJune 12, 2014
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN: Troubleshooting component levels using schematic diagrams, removing all kind of Ic’s like a microprocessor, crystals oscillator, etc. and re-intalling by soldering using station soldering(pace)using tools such as oscilloscope, multi-meter, variac a/c, power supply dc, frequency generators, programming and loading programs to the fire alarms boards, repairing and testing fire alarms (surface mount).
Good compnay
Project Manager (Former Employee), Boston , MAJune 5, 2014
Very good company with strong HR and allow diversity
Support tuition for employee

About Tyco

We have a passion to protect what matters most. We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing – Read more