Tyco Employee Reviews in Canada

X
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2013
The most enjoyable part of working is the people around you. Those people make it all worth the effort to get up in the morning and look forward to coming into the office. Those people were plentiful.You always learn. I look forward to learning new things everyday.
Working with our suppliers and manufacturers representatives was also a highlight. Reviewing new products and getting insight into whats coming were most enlighning.
Perhaps one of the most satisfying areas dealt with providing support, on site or over the phone, for our Sales, Service and Installation teams. If I didnt have the answer readily available, I would get it and get back to them. It was no different when it was necessary to provide solutions/corrective actions for our Residential or Commercial Customers. It was the hearing the all familiar "Thank you" when the issues were taken care of. To me, that's what its all about, your customer's satisfaction.
Fun and very busy work place.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2013
Each day at work was busy as my task was primarily to document and check every visitor to the site and call Human Resources to let them know of the arrival of that person on site. Officers would have already checked the daily list of expectant visitors on line.
I checked the bag of every employee or visitor leaving the site through the East Gate turnstile. Any one who refused to show bag would be reported.As they swiped their access cards,their names would appear on the Chubb System. Co- workers basically did the same thing and were easy to get along with making my job easier.I loved shifting from the East Gate to the North to the Corporate Offices. The respect I had for management was reciprocal. From this job I gained a comprehensive knowledge of fire alarm procedures and the importance and being in a constant state of readiness for any eventuality.
Pros
security had free access to pub and canteen to purchase or make coffee, in the corporate office these would be given free of cost to security.
Cons
we had no breaks but could have left the guard house at safe periods, we made purchases or skipped across to the corporate office for snacks.
Think about working here.
Sales (Former Employee) –  VancouverMay 18, 2013
The salary is OK if you are not looking for long term employment. Some management was Great but the DGM for my location was short sited and did not value loyalty or hard work and no vision.

My immediate supervisor was GREAT one of the best people I ever worked for. The team was ALSO A GREAT bunch of people and didn't deserve the GM.

This location also has gone through several GMs over the years and the this one was by far the worst. Questionable ethics too.....
Pros
some management understood the big picture
Cons
no loyalty, life work balance
Good people in the company
National Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMay 14, 2013
I fielded calls from across Canada sometimes starting at 5:00 AM from the Atlantic region till 7:00 PM from the Pacific region. The people I worked with were great!
The managers expected a honest day work for a honest days pay, but they were quick to point out that there were 24 hours in a day!

Hardest part of the job was coordinating the different parties.

Best part of the job was being able to travel across Canada.
Pros
good people
Cons
don't pay overtime
Productive and fun place to work
Secrétaire, Répartiteur - service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Québec, QCApril 3, 2013
Receiving phone calls from technicians from different parts of the world. Verifying there needs and transfering calls. Part of the French comity to make sure everything was written in french and english within the company according to laws. The management was very flexible and human when needed to meet with them if an issue occured with customers. Hardest part of the work was working on shifts. Enjoyed the team and help traine new employees on the system.
Pros
very good company to work
Productive and fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 22, 2013
I review parts inventory, place order pickup parts and deliver to production line.

I learned a lot of new things e.g. the baan system.

Management for the most part was pretty okay.

my co-workers were all awesome.

the hardest part of the job was operating the pump truck so heavy.

working in diffrent departments.
Pros
christmas party
Cons
low wages
Assembly line
General labour (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2012
I there.

Working under presore,all way bee done my job on time,freindly,opening minde and team player.
Pros
taking when my jobe is done
Cons
40-44 hours a week
Enjoyed the technical aspect
Fibre Optics Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ONAugust 1, 2012
Was not managed very well. Saw things going on that I found very disturbing
Stepping Stone
Installation/Service Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 29, 2012
ADT was a stepping stone in my career. I learned and grew in my professional and personal life.
This is a fun place place to work with. To relieve stress you can go out to the dinning room and have a game of table tennis.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2012
A typical work day is full of challenges. There are constant changes that you need to deal with. i have learned that although lots of emphasis is put into core values it is not being practiced over here. They don't practice what they preach. The management is micro managed and it takes more than a month to hire or replace employees. The co-workers are great and they always work as a team to help the company progress. The hardest part of the job was no matter how well one preformed the management was never satisfied with it. Everything was always taken negatively instead of positive outlook. The most enjoyable part of the job was stand up meeting where the manager explained the upcoming events.
Pros
social club do their best to keep everyone involved
Cons
long working hours with no appreciation