Tyco Employee Reviews

Not much to tell? Another huge corporation that expects there employees to work for free
CCTV service technician (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON2 December 2015
Many promises made at the interview, and not followed through, old world thinking from management, don’t complain, don’t ask, don’t care, do it fast don’t care about right or wrong
Pros
get to meet nice people and rip them off
Cons
Extremely long hours driving to site, no compensation
National Program Administrator / IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2015
My position was challenging but I am one that likes to be challenged, The more I learn the better for me. Everyone came to me for information as I moved around within the company and that made me feel great about myself as I have learned so much and gained so much experience, I owe it to ADT/Tyco for all my experience. They always believed in me and I loved that about them, They weren't afraid of giving me more work and giving me more challenges,
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Very long hours do to big projects.
Great workplace with supportive environment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2015
Tyco is a great place to work, I would recommend it.

Great group of co-workers, I learned so many things about running an industrial project and about fire safety systems
Pros
vehicle included (non decaled truck)
Cons
crushing workloads
Tyco
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria BC17 August 2015
Good company to work for. Large and sometimes difficult to work within. I was left to do my job most of the time.

Very good online training available, but difficult to get authorization to get in class learning because it's expensive to travel into the states.
Not very motivating and lackluster performance culture
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2015
Not the ideal place to work. I spent 5 years of my life gaining not so up-to-date experience with outdated technology. It was a good place to stay for a bit, but once learned a certain amount, there was nothing else to look forward to..
Never again
administrative (Former Employee) –  Regina, sk30 July 2015
worst company I have ever been involved in. Horrible management, unorganized, unhappy staff, no communication, bad wage, no training, lots of staff turnover.
Pros
Staff was all nice, just hated their jobs
Cons
everything you can think of
Compensation is very low and very laid back
V & V (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON26 July 2015
Very laid back and the work culture is not that great. Lot of cuts have been made and no compensation at all. People from outside are look upon as better employees and no appreciation for loyalty
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Long Hours, low compensation
good to start in
PCB Layout Design specialist (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON16 July 2015
company is good to start with. The pay is not so good. friendly and good co-workers. overall my only concern there was financial issues due to low pays.
Big company with positive environment, but limited carrier growth
Hardware Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2015
Nice people working there, quite relaxed environment, respect for everybody.

However, the corporation is a bit on cheap side: doesn't buy a lot of equipment except the most critical, no free lunches, stopped sponsoring events (like birthdays and skiing), average salaries.
Pros
Environment, people, flexible working hours
Cons
Low-medium salaries, limited growth
excellent work place
Fire alarm technician (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook NL.13 July 2015
Great job and great people to work with,the work environment was excellent.Self motivated work place.working with different people each day.
Great place to work! Love the atmosophere
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2015
Tyco is the very great place to work.Very busy environment ,But no stress out.Good management & team.Great place for your career improvement.
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
good enough but need more improvement.
Receiver Order Picker (Current Employee) –  North York, ON21 June 2015
Received delivery on daily basis,put away stocks on there locations ,pick order from production areas.evaluate parts according to company approve criteria . Team work helps a lot to accomplish daily task to every one.Management provide training and other cultural change for the employee.We have a great team work relationship with co-work.the hardest part would be the month end because we close the receiving dock for the day every month then we have to catch up the file of deliveries after month end.i learned a lot every day.
Nice place to work
Shop Locksmith Technician (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 June 2015
Friendly and good place to work
Knowledgeable and experienced technicians
Well known and recognized company in the security field
Daily Routine
Installation/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2015
we usually start our day with new adventure. we face new challenge every day. it usually good we get to learn new product meet new people. sometimes it does get hard. but it part of the work. we do travel a lot. some time 6 to 12 hours drive one way.at the end we always learning
Exellent manufacturing set up
Warehouse and Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  , ON5 June 2015
Challenging inventory position
Older MRP system
Great people
Enjoy working on new projects
Enjoy challenging warehouse set ups
Prestigious company in terms of quality of products and employee compensation
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2015
Management ensures that the working condition is good, cool, orderly and safe to all workers in the company.

The company gave fair compensation, safe and great working facilities that will enable all workers to upgrade.
Worked as Cost Engineer
Proposal & Estimates Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton30 May 2015
The work place is OK. My coworkers were supportive. The company went through alot of changes and has lost its path, alot of layoffs happening as the market is not strong.
one of the bigest company for cctv
sale ,and buy (Former Employee) –  vancouver2 April 2015
I have 10 years experience in cctv field
sales,purchasing,technical .
I can do team work also
hard working.and full energy
good communicate with customers and coligues
Great team
Bilingual Data Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 January 2015
Tyco has been a great place to work and gain office experience. Our team has taken time to perfect and I love how great we all work together and they will all be sadly missed. Unfortunately the company is relocating and I have chosen not to make the move with them.

A typical work day would include arriving and being logged in on time, answering calls or emails from customers or technicians on site for installations or service calls, some troubleshooting and program downloading.

The most difficult part of my job would have to be the variety of software and programs we use and the amount of time it took to learn and fully comprehend each component. Now that I use this knowledge daily it has made the overall job easier to comprehend on a technical level.
Pros
Paid lunches, great benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts
Great Coworkers
Fire Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2015
You're very rarely working in the same place, and get to work in a variety of buildings (ex. Massey Hall, Rogers Center, Base Borden, First Canadian Place). Work day is usually a typical eight hour day, but nights and weekends are required on occasion.
Testing the Life Safety Equipment for the building is the main job.
Majority of the time you are working with at least one other tech. The co-workers are the highlight of the job. Great group of people working at Tyco.
Hardest part of the job is the early mornings and working nights. Some jobs require a couple months of nights only
Pros
Company Car, Gas Card, iPhone
Cons
Long Hours, Early Mornings, Extended Night Jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyco. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval