Tyco Employee Reviews

As long as you do your part you're fine
Billingual Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 January 2016
Very nice place to work as a student. Nobody complains as long as you follow the procedures and do your part. The faster you work the better but they want you to do it at your own pace to avoid mistakes. The management was decent, they keep all employees safe and try to resolve all conflicts. Some staff members didn't like each others work ethics because they're personalities were conflicting but other than that they love helping new employees.
Cons
A lot of dust (warehouse)
Great work atmosphere
Project Lead / System Level Tester (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 May 2014
Great People,
Good entry level job.
Salary Not so good.
Company promotes fitness and wellbeing
Pros
Social Life
National Program Administrator / IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2015
My position was challenging but I am one that likes to be challenged, The more I learn the better for me. Everyone came to me for information as I moved around within the company and that made me feel great about myself as I have learned so much and gained so much experience, I owe it to ADT/Tyco for all my experience. They always believed in me and I loved that about them, They weren't afraid of giving me more work and giving me more challenges,
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Very long hours do to big projects.
Not at all a challenging environment. Not too experience managers and engineers there.
Hardware-Software Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2013
I haven't learned so much since the work environment and the tasks assigned were not challenging and the work culture is not a really good one. No team work at all.
I had young but very un-experienced supervisors.
Not too experienced HW/SW director.
Pros
Cons
No team work at all. Not a challenging environment. Not good management. No career development.
very good place to work with, good benefit and training
Production Clerk/Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario2 February 2016
Very good place to work with, professional, good training and good benefit! gain lots of experiences.

Work with different people and cultures!
Pros
Gain lots of experiences
Cons
Far to travel
Great Coworkers
Fire Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2015
You're very rarely working in the same place, and get to work in a variety of buildings (ex. Massey Hall, Rogers Center, Base Borden, First Canadian Place). Work day is usually a typical eight hour day, but nights and weekends are required on occasion.
Testing the Life Safety Equipment for the building is the main job.
Majority of the time you are working with at least one other tech. The co-workers are the highlight of the job. Great group of people working at Tyco.
Hardest part of the job is the early mornings and working nights. Some jobs require a couple months of nights only
Pros
Company Car, Gas Card, iPhone
Cons
Long Hours, Early Mornings, Extended Night Jobs
Quite possibly the worst company to work for in Canada.
Core Account Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 February 2016
Honestly, I have no idea where to start. I was hired as a Core Account Executive with more promises then you could shake a stick at. Sadly, I was warned by fell victim to the "large company" with deep pockets... Until you work for them. It took 3 weeks to get an email address, 1 month to get a computer, a phone that was never properly set up and 50+ days to receive my vehicle. Yet after 2 weeks, my brain dead - and I am being as polite as possible - manager was asking "any sales" .... they provide 0 support, 0 training, absolutely no confidence in the product or their employees and the office honestly was like a run down call centre in a 3rd world country. I kind you not, they manufacture security products and sell it to their competitors, forcing their staff to fight for deals against their on product??

From day 1, literally day 1, I realized I had made a monumental mistake, one that I now have to explain to future employers, friends and family.

PLEASE....PLEASE I BEG YOU, DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE - This isn't a "disgruntled view", I promise you that, this is quite possibly, the worst company to work for in all of Canada.
Pros
I got 3 hour old turkey for lunch on a paper plate at Christmas?
Cons
Honestly, too many to list. Broken promises, incompetent management, delusional head office, horrible facilities, vehicles on the road without winter tires, shady territory decisions, yes men or in this case women, who have no clue what their doing but have clearly sucked up to the right people.
good enough but need more improvement.
Receiver Order Picker (Current Employee) –  North York, ON21 June 2015
Received delivery on daily basis,put away stocks on there locations ,pick order from production areas.evaluate parts according to company approve criteria . Team work helps a lot to accomplish daily task to every one.Management provide training and other cultural change for the employee.We have a great team work relationship with co-work.the hardest part would be the month end because we close the receiving dock for the day every month then we have to catch up the file of deliveries after month end.i learned a lot every day.
This is a fun place place to work with. To relieve stress you can go out to the dinning room and have a game of table tennis.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 June 2012
A typical work day is full of challenges. There are constant changes that you need to deal with. i have learned that although lots of emphasis is put into core values it is not being practiced over here. They don't practice what they preach. The management is micro managed and it takes more than a month to hire or replace employees. The co-workers are great and they always work as a team to help the company progress. The hardest part of the job was no matter how well one preformed the management was never satisfied with it. Everything was always taken negatively instead of positive outlook. The most enjoyable part of the job was stand up meeting where the manager explained the upcoming events.
Pros
social club do their best to keep everyone involved
Cons
long working hours with no appreciation
Productive and fun place to work
Secrétaire, Répartiteur - service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC3 April 2013
Receiving phone calls from technicians from different parts of the world. Verifying there needs and transfering calls. Part of the French comity to make sure everything was written in french and english within the company according to laws. The management was very flexible and human when needed to meet with them if an issue occured with customers. Hardest part of the work was working on shifts. Enjoyed the team and help traine new employees on the system.
Pros
very good company to work
Fun and very busy work place.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2013
Each day at work was busy as my task was primarily to document and check every visitor to the site and call Human Resources to let them know of the arrival of that person on site. Officers would have already checked the daily list of expectant visitors on line.
I checked the bag of every employee or visitor leaving the site through the East Gate turnstile. Any one who refused to show bag would be reported.As they swiped their access cards,their names would appear on the Chubb System. Co- workers basically did the same thing and were easy to get along with making my job easier.I loved shifting from the East Gate to the North to the Corporate Offices. The respect I had for management was reciprocal. From this job I gained a comprehensive knowledge of fire alarm procedures and the importance and being in a constant state of readiness for any eventuality.
Pros
Security had free access to Pub and Canteen to purchase or make coffee, in the Corporate Office these would be given free of cost to security.
Cons
We had no breaks but could have left the Guard House at safe periods, we made purchases or skipped across to the Corporate Office for snacks.
N\a
FIRE ALARM TECH (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 January 2016
Great people to work with at the shop / site

Corporate act at a pubescent, knee jerk level

They constantly have to justify their existance to

Their stake holders
Pros
N\A
Cons
N\A
Great place to learn and nice people to work with
Test Engineer - Design of Test Equipment (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2012
Typical day: mechanical and electronic design of test fixtures;
drawing scheatics in Orcad or Protel;
troubleshooting electronic/programming problems with production equipment;
writing software using Labview or C or Assembly language programming;
writing programs to communicate with GPIB or Serial instruments such as Power supplies, Digital multimeters;
Programming cameras to inspect production products;
Testing software for various alarm products;
Designing tests for cameras, card access controllers, wireless devices, keypads and other security alarm products.
Preparing technical documentation such as test and calibration procedures.
Pros
gifts for perfect safety records
X
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2013
The most enjoyable part of working is the people around you. Those people make it all worth the effort to get up in the morning and look forward to coming into the office. Those people were plentiful.You always learn. I look forward to learning new things everyday.
Working with our suppliers and manufacturers representatives was also a highlight. Reviewing new products and getting insight into whats coming were most enlighning.
Perhaps one of the most satisfying areas dealt with providing support, on site or over the phone, for our Sales, Service and Installation teams. If I didnt have the answer readily available, I would get it and get back to them. It was no different when it was necessary to provide solutions/corrective actions for our Residential or Commercial Customers. It was the hearing the all familiar "Thank you" when the issues were taken care of. To me, that's what its all about, your customer's satisfaction.
Great company to work for.
Security Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2015
Fast pace work with travel all across Alberta. Worked with some of the most sophisticated security systems in the industry.
Each day was filled with excitement, Rewards and Challenges.
Regional Manager Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto ---25 May 2014
Typical day would extend from sales review to strategic operational planning. Focused on delivering exceptional service to external/internal customers. Consistently reiterating our core values and foster an enviroment where assoicates are respected.
Over the years of being a leader I have learned that our biggest asset is our associates. Associates must feel part of the big picture and be acknowledged for thier efforts. Communicating clear direction for each assoicates roles and responsibilties is the most important aspect to ensure success. Corporate objectives must be understood and reached. At times difficult decisions must be made for the betterment of the organization even though may not be accepted by all. The most enjoyable part of the job is to coach/develope assoicates to reach their targets and personal goals. Their success leads to the success of the organization.
Big company with positive environment, but limited carrier growth
Hardware Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2015
Nice people working there, quite relaxed environment, respect for everybody.

However, the corporation is a bit on cheap side: doesn't buy a lot of equipment except the most critical, no free lunches, stopped sponsoring events (like birthdays and skiing), average salaries.
Pros
Environment, people, flexible working hours
Cons
Low-medium salaries, limited growth
Productive atmosphere
Coordinator - Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 September 2012
Tyco security integrated is a very good company. Thus, it is the best school. It thought me true discipline and mostly how to work well in a group. We're all on an equal scale since we're unionized. It is truly a philanthropic environment. The managers are always there to help and we have constant training to perfect our skills. It makes you grow as a person and teaches you authentic respect.
Pros
excellent workplace, feels like a big family.
Cons
24h central - the hours of operation are very difficult.
Never again
administrative (Former Employee) –  Regina, sk30 July 2015
worst company I have ever been involved in. Horrible management, unorganized, unhappy staff, no communication, bad wage, no training, lots of staff turnover.
Pros
Staff was all nice, just hated their jobs
Cons
everything you can think of
fun workplace
Security Mobile Patrol Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2014
This company is full of fun and enjoyable employees,
yet it is poorly managed unfortunately.
Pros
Paid lunches