Tyco Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Coworkers
Fire Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2015
You're very rarely working in the same place, and get to work in a variety of buildings (ex. Massey Hall, Rogers Center, Base Borden, First Canadian Place). Work day is usually a typical eight hour day, but nights and weekends are required on occasion.
Testing the Life Safety Equipment for the building is the main job.
Majority of the time you are working with at least one other tech. The co-workers are the highlight of the job. Great group of people working at Tyco.
Hardest part of the job is the early mornings and working nights. Some jobs require a couple months of nights only
Pros
company car, gas card, iphone
Cons
long hours, early mornings, extended night jobs
Great work atmosphere
Project Lead / System Level Tester (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 18, 2014
Great People,
Good entry level job.
Salary Not so good.
Company promotes fitness and wellbeing
Pros
social life
Daily Routine
Installation/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 14, 2015
we usually start our day with new adventure. we face new challenge every day. it usually good we get to learn new product meet new people. sometimes it does get hard. but it part of the work. we do travel a lot. some time 6 to 12 hours drive one way.at the end we always learning
excellent work place
Fire alarm technician (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook NL.July 13, 2015
Great job and great people to work with,the work environment was excellent.Self motivated work place.working with different people each day.
good to start in
PCB Layout Design specialist (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONJuly 16, 2015
company is good to start with. The pay is not so good. friendly and good co-workers. overall my only concern there was financial issues due to low pays.
Not at all a challenging environment. Not too experience managers and engineers there.
Hardware-Software Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2013
I haven't learned so much since the work environment and the tasks assigned were not challenging and the work culture is not a really good one. No team work at all.
I had young but very un-experienced supervisors.
Not too experienced HW/SW director.
Cons
no team work at all. not a challenging environment. not good management. no career development.
Nice place to work
Shop Locksmith Technician (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 20, 2015
Friendly and good place to work
Knowledgeable and experienced technicians
Well known and recognized company in the security field
Exellent manufacturing set up
Warehouse and Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  , ONJune 5, 2015
Challenging inventory position
Older MRP system
Great people
Enjoy working on new projects
Enjoy challenging warehouse set ups
Worked as Cost Engineer
Proposal & Estimates Engineer (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMay 30, 2015
The work place is OK. My coworkers were supportive. The company went through alot of changes and has lost its path, alot of layoffs happening as the market is not strong.
This is a fun place place to work with. To relieve stress you can go out to the dinning room and have a game of table tennis.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2012
A typical work day is full of challenges. There are constant changes that you need to deal with. i have learned that although lots of emphasis is put into core values it is not being practiced over here. They don't practice what they preach. The management is micro managed and it takes more than a month to hire or replace employees. The co-workers are great and they always work as a team to help the company progress. The hardest part of the job was no matter how well one preformed the management was never satisfied with it. Everything was always taken negatively instead of positive outlook. The most enjoyable part of the job was stand up meeting where the manager explained the upcoming events.
Pros
social club do their best to keep everyone involved
Cons
long working hours with no appreciation
one of the bigest company for cctv
sale ,and buy (Former Employee) –  vancouverApril 2, 2015
I have 10 years experience in cctv field
sales,purchasing,technical .
I can do team work also
hard working.and full energy
good communicate with customers and coligues
Productive and fun place to work
Secrétaire, Répartiteur - service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Québec, QCApril 3, 2013
Receiving phone calls from technicians from different parts of the world. Verifying there needs and transfering calls. Part of the French comity to make sure everything was written in french and english within the company according to laws. The management was very flexible and human when needed to meet with them if an issue occured with customers. Hardest part of the work was working on shifts. Enjoyed the team and help traine new employees on the system.
Pros
very good company to work
Each day was filled with excitement, Rewards and Challenges.
Regional Manager Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto ---May 25, 2014
Typical day would extend from sales review to strategic operational planning. Focused on delivering exceptional service to external/internal customers. Consistently reiterating our core values and foster an enviroment where assoicates are respected.
Over the years of being a leader I have learned that our biggest asset is our associates. Associates must feel part of the big picture and be acknowledged for thier efforts. Communicating clear direction for each assoicates roles and responsibilties is the most important aspect to ensure success. Corporate objectives must be understood and reached. At times difficult decisions must be made for the betterment of the organization even though may not be accepted by all. The most enjoyable part of the job is to coach/develope assoicates to reach their targets and personal goals. Their success leads to the success of the organization.
Fun and very busy work place.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2013
Each day at work was busy as my task was primarily to document and check every visitor to the site and call Human Resources to let them know of the arrival of that person on site. Officers would have already checked the daily list of expectant visitors on line.
I checked the bag of every employee or visitor leaving the site through the East Gate turnstile. Any one who refused to show bag would be reported.As they swiped their access cards,their names would appear on the Chubb System. Co- workers basically did the same thing and were easy to get along with making my job easier.I loved shifting from the East Gate to the North to the Corporate Offices. The respect I had for management was reciprocal. From this job I gained a comprehensive knowledge of fire alarm procedures and the importance and being in a constant state of readiness for any eventuality.
Pros
security had free access to pub and canteen to purchase or make coffee, in the corporate office these would be given free of cost to security.
Cons
we had no breaks but could have left the guard house at safe periods, we made purchases or skipped across to the corporate office for snacks.
comfortable lunch room
assembler (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 7, 2014
Nice working area...very quiet and clean.
work with nice team
show me all experience they have
Pros
free lunch
X
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2013
The most enjoyable part of working is the people around you. Those people make it all worth the effort to get up in the morning and look forward to coming into the office. Those people were plentiful.You always learn. I look forward to learning new things everyday.
Working with our suppliers and manufacturers representatives was also a highlight. Reviewing new products and getting insight into whats coming were most enlighning.
Perhaps one of the most satisfying areas dealt with providing support, on site or over the phone, for our Sales, Service and Installation teams. If I didnt have the answer readily available, I would get it and get back to them. It was no different when it was necessary to provide solutions/corrective actions for our Residential or Commercial Customers. It was the hearing the all familiar "Thank you" when the issues were taken care of. To me, that's what its all about, your customer's satisfaction.
Was able to travel and learn new proceedures
Assistant Technican (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSOctober 20, 2014
Was able to travel for training to obtain new career courses in order to acheive success.
Pros
was able to grow my knowledge in fire and health systems
Cons
no advancements after receiving four different training courses
Excellent benefits
Commercial Area Sales Manager - Western Canada (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, MBOctober 8, 2014
I really enjoyed working here. They were doing a merge and that is why I am no longer there.
Pros
excellent money
fun workplace
Security Mobile Patrol Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 23, 2014
This company is full of fun and enjoyable employees,
yet it is poorly managed unfortunately.
Pros
paid lunches
Productive and fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 22, 2013
I review parts inventory, place order pickup parts and deliver to production line.

I learned a lot of new things e.g. the baan system.

Management for the most part was pretty okay.

my co-workers were all awesome.

the hardest part of the job was operating the pump truck so heavy.

working in diffrent departments.
Pros
christmas party
Cons
low wages