Tyco Employee Reviews

Great Coworkers
Fire Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2015
You're very rarely working in the same place, and get to work in a variety of buildings (ex. Massey Hall, Rogers Center, Base Borden, First Canadian Place). Work day is usually a typical eight hour day, but nights and weekends are required on occasion.
Testing the Life Safety Equipment for the building is the main job.
Majority of the time you are working with at least one other tech. The co-workers are the highlight of the job. Great group of people working at Tyco.
Hardest part of the job is the early mornings and working nights. Some jobs require a couple months of nights only
Pros
Company Car, Gas Card, iPhone
Cons
Long Hours, Early Mornings, Extended Night Jobs
Productive and fun place to work
Secrétaire, Répartiteur - service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC3 April 2013
Receiving phone calls from technicians from different parts of the world. Verifying there needs and transfering calls. Part of the French comity to make sure everything was written in french and english within the company according to laws. The management was very flexible and human when needed to meet with them if an issue occured with customers. Hardest part of the work was working on shifts. Enjoyed the team and help traine new employees on the system.
Pros
very good company to work
Fun and very busy work place.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2013
Each day at work was busy as my task was primarily to document and check every visitor to the site and call Human Resources to let them know of the arrival of that person on site. Officers would have already checked the daily list of expectant visitors on line.
I checked the bag of every employee or visitor leaving the site through the East Gate turnstile. Any one who refused to show bag would be reported.As they swiped their access cards,their names would appear on the Chubb System. Co- workers basically did the same thing and were easy to get along with making my job easier.I loved shifting from the East Gate to the North to the Corporate Offices. The respect I had for management was reciprocal. From this job I gained a comprehensive knowledge of fire alarm procedures and the importance and being in a constant state of readiness for any eventuality.
Pros
Security had free access to Pub and Canteen to purchase or make coffee, in the Corporate Office these would be given free of cost to security.
Cons
We had no breaks but could have left the Guard House at safe periods, we made purchases or skipped across to the Corporate Office for snacks.
Never again
administrative (Former Employee) –  Regina, sk30 July 2015
worst company I have ever been involved in. Horrible management, unorganized, unhappy staff, no communication, bad wage, no training, lots of staff turnover.
Pros
Staff was all nice, just hated their jobs
Cons
everything you can think of
Great company to work for.
Security Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2015
Fast pace work with travel all across Alberta. Worked with some of the most sophisticated security systems in the industry.
Great work atmosphere
Project Lead / System Level Tester (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 May 2014
Great People,
Good entry level job.
Salary Not so good.
Company promotes fitness and wellbeing
Pros
Social Life
Productive and fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto22 January 2013
I review parts inventory, place order pickup parts and deliver to production line.

I learned a lot of new things e.g. the baan system.

Management for the most part was pretty okay.

my co-workers were all awesome.

the hardest part of the job was operating the pump truck so heavy.

working in diffrent departments.
Pros
christmas party
Cons
low wages
X
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2013
The most enjoyable part of working is the people around you. Those people make it all worth the effort to get up in the morning and look forward to coming into the office. Those people were plentiful.You always learn. I look forward to learning new things everyday.
Working with our suppliers and manufacturers representatives was also a highlight. Reviewing new products and getting insight into whats coming were most enlighning.
Perhaps one of the most satisfying areas dealt with providing support, on site or over the phone, for our Sales, Service and Installation teams. If I didnt have the answer readily available, I would get it and get back to them. It was no different when it was necessary to provide solutions/corrective actions for our Residential or Commercial Customers. It was the hearing the all familiar "Thank you" when the issues were taken care of. To me, that's what its all about, your customer's satisfaction.
Stable work environment
Monitoring station Operator (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Qc5 February 2014
This is a very stable reasonably well paying place to work. Working environment is adequate. One great thing is weekly pays and a lot of opportunity to increase your salary through overtime.
Pros
Weekly pay/ salary increase
Cons
NIght shift for a long time
Each day was filled with excitement, Rewards and Challenges.
Regional Manager Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto ---25 May 2014
Typical day would extend from sales review to strategic operational planning. Focused on delivering exceptional service to external/internal customers. Consistently reiterating our core values and foster an enviroment where assoicates are respected.
Over the years of being a leader I have learned that our biggest asset is our associates. Associates must feel part of the big picture and be acknowledged for thier efforts. Communicating clear direction for each assoicates roles and responsibilties is the most important aspect to ensure success. Corporate objectives must be understood and reached. At times difficult decisions must be made for the betterment of the organization even though may not be accepted by all. The most enjoyable part of the job is to coach/develope assoicates to reach their targets and personal goals. Their success leads to the success of the organization.
Was able to travel and learn new proceedures
Assistant Technican (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 October 2014
Was able to travel for training to obtain new career courses in order to acheive success.
Pros
Was able to grow my knowledge in fire and health systems
Cons
No advancements after receiving four different training courses
Big company with positive environment, but limited carrier growth
Hardware Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2015
Nice people working there, quite relaxed environment, respect for everybody.

However, the corporation is a bit on cheap side: doesn't buy a lot of equipment except the most critical, no free lunches, stopped sponsoring events (like birthdays and skiing), average salaries.
Pros
Environment, people, flexible working hours
Cons
Low-medium salaries, limited growth
Not very motivating and lackluster performance culture
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2015
Not the ideal place to work. I spent 5 years of my life gaining not so up-to-date experience with outdated technology. It was a good place to stay for a bit, but once learned a certain amount, there was nothing else to look forward to..
Stepping Stone
Installation/Service Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 July 2012
ADT was a stepping stone in my career. I learned and grew in my professional and personal life.
fun workplace
Security Mobile Patrol Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2014
This company is full of fun and enjoyable employees,
yet it is poorly managed unfortunately.
Pros
Paid lunches
Excellent benefits
Commercial Area Sales Manager - Western Canada (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, MB8 October 2014
I really enjoyed working here. They were doing a merge and that is why I am no longer there.
Pros
excellent money
comfortable lunch room
assembler (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 October 2014
Nice working area...very quiet and clean.
work with nice team
show me all experience they have
Pros
free lunch
Tyco
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria BC17 August 2015
Good company to work for. Large and sometimes difficult to work within. I was left to do my job most of the time.

Very good online training available, but difficult to get authorization to get in class learning because it's expensive to travel into the states.
Great workplace with supportive environment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2015
Tyco is a great place to work, I would recommend it.

Great group of co-workers, I learned so many things about running an industrial project and about fire safety systems
Pros
vehicle included (non decaled truck)
Cons
crushing workloads
Daily Routine
Installation/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2015
we usually start our day with new adventure. we face new challenge every day. it usually good we get to learn new product meet new people. sometimes it does get hard. but it part of the work. we do travel a lot. some time 6 to 12 hours drive one way.at the end we always learning