Tyco Employee Reviews

Lack of Vision
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
The culture is suffocating as there is a lack of proper vision and leadership within the management and senior leadership teams. Projects are not properly planned or executed. There is no organization portfolio to properly understand the companies strategy and how individuals contribute to the success of these objectives. Performance rating and evaluation are never taken seriously and compensation therefore suffers as low preforming individuals are often recognized by management do to personal relationship and high performers are not rewarded for their hard work and ethics.
Pros
Peers are nice to work with.
Cons
Long hours, lack of vision, planning, execution and direction. Low salary compensation.
Organized, friendly staff willing to go above & beyond
Fire Alarm Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 February 2017
A company you don't want to miss out on! Excellent at valuing each employee equally and working as a team. Great way to grasp a foundation in electronics and as well, the fire industry in Canada as a young professional. Security in positions for valued technicians.
Pros
Great management, pay increases & atmosphere.
Cons
Occassional confusion in servicing scheduling.
In need to implement new developmental culture
Global quality assurance analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2016
A company that is stocked in the all way of doing things, it is the culture and it works but there are new technologies and new ideas that can work much better and there is where we need to invest in creating and developing new ideas with the goals in mind to achieve new venues.
Pros
convenient location from my house
Cons
Long working hours, unnecessary management micromanagement
Great work place with friendly people
Intermediate Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 December 2016
Learned a lot from this company. My team lead was very hands off providing me with a lot of freedom to solve problems. Had opportunities to gain more responsibilities and move up.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
really great awesome place to work. Helpful managers that are willing to reach out to help sales staff achive targets.fun and exciting work place to work in
Pros
free lunches on friday
Cons
laggy systems
Not much to tell? Another huge corporation that expects there employees to work for free
CCTV service technician (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON2 December 2015
Many promises made at the interview, and not followed through, old world thinking from management, don’t complain, don’t ask, don’t care, do it fast don’t care about right or wrong
Pros
get to meet nice people and rip them off
Cons
Extremely long hours driving to site, no compensation
Positive work environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 February 2017
The atmosphere is very positive. The daily tasks are always changing, making it not monotonous. People are willing to share information if you are unsure of how to handle a task.
Pros
Positive work environment
Call center
Alarm and Client Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 March 2017
Over the past 4.5 Years I learned alot working in a call center environment with good people that took the time to train me while dealing with rough situations
Micro-Management
Ales Executive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2017
Was tough working with a micromanager.
Co-Workers were great
Learning the product was the difficult part of this job
Great Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
Fast paced, challenging and fulfilling. Great work life balance with the culture of the company always up! The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. Management always willing to listen and take action when required.
Pleasant Days
Team Leader/Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 April 2014
I have enjoyed my time working here and learning new skills, that are relatively technical and specific to this job. I have learned to better manger my time with all the daily tasks that have to be completed the same day, like auditing information from the day before and following up with customers within a timely manner.

The hardest part of my job was the time management of the daily tasks I am responsible for completing and this was a challenge for me when I firest started this postion and has been my most improved skill.

My favourite part of my job is the data analysis and technical aspects of my job.

I enjoy working with with all the people I work with, they are very helpful and my manager is very approachable with any issues I might have. My manager is also a very good trainer and excellent resource for troubleshooting uncommon issues.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Shift work, not very much opportunity to move up, contract with no benefits
Great team
Bilingual Data Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 January 2015
Tyco has been a great place to work and gain office experience. Our team has taken time to perfect and I love how great we all work together and they will all be sadly missed. Unfortunately the company is relocating and I have chosen not to make the move with them.

A typical work day would include arriving and being logged in on time, answering calls or emails from customers or technicians on site for installations or service calls, some troubleshooting and program downloading.

The most difficult part of my job would have to be the variety of software and programs we use and the amount of time it took to learn and fully comprehend each component. Now that I use this knowledge daily it has made the overall job easier to comprehend on a technical level.
Pros
Paid lunches, great benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts
Great place to work! Love the atmosophere
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2015
Tyco is the very great place to work.Very busy environment ,But no stress out.Good management & team.Great place for your career improvement.
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
Think about working here.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver18 May 2013
The salary is OK if you are not looking for long term employment. Some management was Great but the DGM for my location was short sited and did not value loyalty or hard work and no vision.

My immediate supervisor was GREAT one of the best people I ever worked for. The team was ALSO A GREAT bunch of people and didn't deserve the GM.

This location also has gone through several GMs over the years and the this one was by far the worst. Questionable ethics too.....
Pros
Some management understood the big picture
Cons
No Loyalty, Life Work Balance
Good work environment
Systems Level Tester (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2015
I like this company in many ways. Good benefits, Friendly work environment. Multicultural social events. Flexible work time.
Train the employees in the work related manner.
Excellent Work Environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ON8 August 2016
Tyco consists of excellent work environment with kind coworkers and easy shifts. Tasks were very easy hence team work is very important and cooperation will help speed up and ease workload. managers were very kinds and facilities were kept suitable for employees.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Rushed workplace
Compensation is very low and very laid back
V & V (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON26 July 2015
Very laid back and the work culture is not that great. Lot of cuts have been made and no compensation at all. People from outside are look upon as better employees and no appreciation for loyalty
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Long Hours, low compensation
Prestigious company in terms of quality of products and employee compensation
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2015
Management ensures that the working condition is good, cool, orderly and safe to all workers in the company.

The company gave fair compensation, safe and great working facilities that will enable all workers to upgrade.
Software
System Level Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2016
getting work assigned to you, or looking to analyize
tyco doesn't pay enough, and is a little slow to take care of their employees
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
poor pay
Stable work environment
Monitoring station Operator (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Qc5 February 2014
This is a very stable reasonably well paying place to work. Working environment is adequate. One great thing is weekly pays and a lot of opportunity to increase your salary through overtime.
Pros
Weekly pay/ salary increase
Cons
NIght shift for a long time