Tyco Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
Fast paced, challenging and fulfilling. Great work life balance with the culture of the company always up! The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. Management always willing to listen and take action when required.
fun work place
Bilingual technical support security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
A good place to work , good people to work with . learnt alot in the company. busy environment , the management , friendly co- workers.
very good place to work with, good benefit and training
Production Clerk/Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto OntarioFebruary 2, 2016
Very good place to work with, professional, good training and good benefit! gain lots of experiences.

Work with different people and cultures!
Pros
Gain lots of experiences
Cons
Far to travel
Quite possibly the worst company to work for in Canada.
Core Account Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 2, 2016
Honestly, I have no idea where to start. I was hired as a Core Account Executive with more promises then you could shake a stick at. Sadly, I was warned by fell victim to the "large company" with deep pockets... Until you work for them. It took 3 weeks to get an email address, 1 month to get a computer, a phone that was never properly set up and 50+ days to receive my vehicle. Yet after 2 weeks, my brain dead - and I am being as polite as possible - manager was asking "any sales" .... they provide 0 support, 0 training, absolutely no confidence in the product or their employees and the office honestly was like a run down call centre in a 3rd world country. I kind you not, they manufacture security products and sell it to their competitors, forcing their staff to fight for deals against their on product??

From day 1, literally day 1, I realized I had made a monumental mistake, one that I now have to explain to future employers, friends and family.

PLEASE....PLEASE I BEG YOU, DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE - This isn't a "disgruntled view", I promise you that, this is quite possibly, the worst company to work for in all of Canada.
Pros
I got 3 hour old turkey for lunch on a paper plate at Christmas?
Cons
Honestly, too many to list. Broken promises, incompetent management, delusional head office, horrible facilities, vehicles on the road without winter tires, shady territory decisions, yes men or in this case women, who have no clue what their doing but have clearly sucked up to the right people.
Great company to work for.
Security Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 22, 2015
Fast pace work with travel all across Alberta. Worked with some of the most sophisticated security systems in the industry.
Good work environment
Systems Level Tester (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2015
I like this company in many ways. Good benefits, Friendly work environment. Multicultural social events. Flexible work time.
Train the employees in the work related manner.
Not much to tell? Another huge corporation that expects there employees to work for free
CCTV service technician (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONDecember 2, 2015
Many promises made at the interview, and not followed through, old world thinking from management, don’t complain, don’t ask, don’t care, do it fast don’t care about right or wrong
Pros
get to meet nice people and rip them off
Cons
Extremely long hours driving to site, no compensation
National Program Administrator / IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 16, 2015
My position was challenging but I am one that likes to be challenged, The more I learn the better for me. Everyone came to me for information as I moved around within the company and that made me feel great about myself as I have learned so much and gained so much experience, I owe it to ADT/Tyco for all my experience. They always believed in me and I loved that about them, They weren't afraid of giving me more work and giving me more challenges,
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Very long hours do to big projects.
Great workplace with supportive environment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 3, 2015
Tyco is a great place to work, I would recommend it.

Great group of co-workers, I learned so many things about running an industrial project and about fire safety systems
Pros
vehicle included (non decaled truck)
Cons
crushing workloads
Tyco
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria BCAugust 17, 2015
Good company to work for. Large and sometimes difficult to work within. I was left to do my job most of the time.

Very good online training available, but difficult to get authorization to get in class learning because it's expensive to travel into the states.
Not very motivating and lackluster performance culture
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2015
Not the ideal place to work. I spent 5 years of my life gaining not so up-to-date experience with outdated technology. It was a good place to stay for a bit, but once learned a certain amount, there was nothing else to look forward to..
Never again
administrative (Former Employee) –  Regina, skJuly 30, 2015
worst company I have ever been involved in. Horrible management, unorganized, unhappy staff, no communication, bad wage, no training, lots of staff turnover.
Pros
Staff was all nice, just hated their jobs
Cons
everything you can think of
Compensation is very low and very laid back
V & V (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONJuly 26, 2015
Very laid back and the work culture is not that great. Lot of cuts have been made and no compensation at all. People from outside are look upon as better employees and no appreciation for loyalty
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Long Hours, low compensation
good to start in
PCB Layout Design specialist (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONJuly 16, 2015
company is good to start with. The pay is not so good. friendly and good co-workers. overall my only concern there was financial issues due to low pays.
Big company with positive environment, but limited carrier growth
Hardware Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2015
Nice people working there, quite relaxed environment, respect for everybody.

However, the corporation is a bit on cheap side: doesn't buy a lot of equipment except the most critical, no free lunches, stopped sponsoring events (like birthdays and skiing), average salaries.
Pros
Environment, people, flexible working hours
Cons
Low-medium salaries, limited growth
excellent work place
Fire alarm technician (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook NL.July 13, 2015
Great job and great people to work with,the work environment was excellent.Self motivated work place.working with different people each day.
Great place to work! Love the atmosophere
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
Tyco is the very great place to work.Very busy environment ,But no stress out.Good management & team.Great place for your career improvement.
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
Nice place to work
Shop Locksmith Technician (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 20, 2015
Friendly and good place to work
Knowledgeable and experienced technicians
Well known and recognized company in the security field
Daily Routine
Installation/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 14, 2015
we usually start our day with new adventure. we face new challenge every day. it usually good we get to learn new product meet new people. sometimes it does get hard. but it part of the work. we do travel a lot. some time 6 to 12 hours drive one way.at the end we always learning
Exellent manufacturing set up
Warehouse and Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  , ONJune 5, 2015
Challenging inventory position
Older MRP system
Great people
Enjoy working on new projects
Enjoy challenging warehouse set ups